• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
I still think they're just dead Koopas.

...I can't speak to the quality of the drawing, but the concept is actually legitimately clever.
It's kind of a horrifying concept in that killing members of the Koopa Troop actually makes them stronger than ever.
Like Bowser could be a legitimately terrifying villain what commands the legions of Hell if he wasn't so committed to being such a ham and going to tennis tournaments with his sworn enemies.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
what was the worst smash bros. mode/feature that was removed in future titles

for me personally, spectator mode is worthless without glorious gambling

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
It's kind of a horrifying concept in that killing members of the Koopa Troop actually makes them stronger than ever.
Like Bowser could be a legitimately terrifying villain what commands the legions of Hell if he wasn't so committed to being such a ham and going to tennis tournaments with his sworn enemies.
King Boo goes go-karting too, but he still seems to take the whole "sworn enemies" thing much more seriously.

So why can't Bowser do the same?

Honestly given that SPM is essentially a 2D platformer with a lot of RPG elements, there's a bunch of aspects from it that could work in Smash. I'd gladly take a Brobot or Francis boss battle.
If it brings the boss battle songs into Smash as well, then count me in.

SPM has an outstanding soundtrack.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Smash Tour
Okay, Smash Tour wasn't the best, but it wasn't that bad. I would gladly take it over Smash Wii U's classic mode.

Anyways...

I just want to say I think Ultimate's World of Light was quite fun, but it just wasn't the same as Subspace.

Yes, WoL looks a lot more colorful and has more references to games, which is nice, but I just really loved the cutscenes and progressing through levels with all of these characters from different series as one team.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Here's a fun idea:

You're adding a Boss Rush mode to Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. All bosses that were in the series prior are there and accounted for, but Nintendo wants you to make it the gauntlet to end all gauntlets. Add 10 bosses to this list. They can be from any game series be it in smash or out. The series doesn't even have to warrant a character. The only requirement here is that you think they'd make a fun boss fight.

• Master Hand & Crazy Hand/Master Core/Master Fortress (Super Smash Bros.)
  • Giga Bowser (Super Smash Bros.)
  • Petey Piranha (Super Mario)
  • Porky (Earthbound)
  • Rayquaza (Pokémon)
  • Galleom (Super Smash Bros.)
  • Ridley (Metroid)
  • Duon (Super Smash Bros.)
  • Meta Ridley (Metroid)
  • Tabuu (Super Smash Bros.)
  • Rathalos (Monster Hunter)
  • Dracula (Castlevania)
  • Ganon (The Legend of Zelda)
  • Marx (Kirby)
  • Galeem & Dharkon (Super Smash Bros.)

EDIT: Also before anyone tries to correct me, the logic I'm using is that while Bowser is a Super Mario character, his super form Giga Bowser is a Super Smash Bros. original, therefore, he's from the Super Smash Bros. series.
EDIT EDIT: For the purposes of simplicity, multiphase bosses count as one boss.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Smash Tour
Coin mode.
Runs
Specifically Smash 4's Stage Builder.

It isn't nostalgic to me like Brawls and it isn't good like Ultimate's
I don't know if this is really a mode, but Smash Wii U's classic mode was quite bad.
okay i realized i terribly worded the question so here's the revised question:

What's a removed Smash Bros. feature that you miss the most?

my answer is, again, spectator mode gambling

D

Deleted member

Smash Run

Man, if it had ACTUAL MULTIPLAYER, it could have been City Trial but Smash.
I have only played the Wii U version of Smash 4. What is Smash Run like? Do you just climb through a tower and kill enemies to get buffs?

cashregister9

Smash Hero

Smash Run, Trophy Hoard and Trophy Boxes (Yes I know Trophies are gone in Ultimate but they could have still kept the Hoard and Boxes) and Masterpieces

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Platforming levels in Adventure Mode (think Melee and Brawl, but with more visually-creative stages) and the many Nintendo enemies you fight within them.

Smash Run and Master Fortress retained the latter element, at least. But as great as World of Light is, it's sadly lacking in both of those departments.

Merci~ I approve of your Emperor Belos avatar as well.
Thanks. Dude's legit one of the coolest villains in animation I've seen in a long time, and that's saying something.

I really can't wait for this show's 2nd season.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

masterpieces

it was pretty cool to get a taste of other games and see where characters came from first-hand.

Even if you've already played said games, it was still pretty cool to have a snippet of them on the fly

Really helped portray Smash as a celebration of video games

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Here's a fun idea:

You're adding a Boss Rush mode to Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. All bosses that were in the series prior are there and accounted for, but Nintendo wants you to make it the gauntlet to end all gauntlets. Add 10 bosses to this list. They can be from any game series be it in smash or out. The series doesn't even have to warrant a character. The only requirement here is that you think they'd make a fun boss fight.

• Porky (Earthbound)
  • Rayquaza (Pokémon)
  • Ridley (Metroid)
  • Meta Ridley (Metroid)
  • Dracula (Castlevania)
  • Marx (Kirby)

EDIT: Also before anyone tries to correct me, the logic I'm using is that while Bowser is a Super Mario character, his super form Giga Bowser is a Super Smash Bros. original, therefore, he's from the Super Smash Bros. series.
1. Gruntilda
2. Black Knight (also an AT)
3. Sephiroth (with the iconic One Winged Angel phase)
4. Geese Howard
5. Telethia the Endbringer
6. Eggman
7. Senator “NANOMACHINES, SON” Armstrong
8. Max Brass w/Hedlok
.... uhhh imma keep it real with u Chief this is all I can muster

...You guys remember when Sceptile was the talk of the town during the Sm4sh days?
oooh me me me I do

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Thanks. Dude's legit one of the coolest villains in animation I've seen in a long time, and that's saying something.

I really can't wait for this show's 2nd season.
You and me both. It's one of my favorite Disney shows right now, and I'm very excited to see how the story continues.

My answer will always be Smash Run. I loved City Trial in Kirby Air Ride, and seeing the basic concept brought over to Smash was the only reason I kept going back to Smash 4 on 3DS even after the Wii U version released.

I hope that whenever the next Smash game rolls around, they bring it back.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
You know, Lara Croft would be cool to have in Smash. Shame people don't talk about her...
(She would be my choice for a 3rd Square rep while fans would go with the puppet, the android and the Disney key boy.)

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Okay, Smash Tour wasn't the best, but it wasn't that bad. I would gladly take it over Smash Wii U's classic mode.

Anyways...

I just want to say I think Ultimate's World of Light was quite fun, but it just wasn't the same as Subspace.

Yes, WoL looks a lot more colorful and has more references to games, which is nice, but I just really loved the cutscenes and progressing through levels with all of these characters from different series as one team.
The villain's roster has literally doubled since Brawl, if there's one thing I want to see in a future Story Mode, it's seeing all the new baddies bounce off each other and find their place in the pecking order.
Off the top of my head, Bowser, Ridley and Ganondorf would form the main trinity of villainy, but there's so much more that can be done.
Here's a fun idea:

• Porky (Earthbound)
  • Rayquaza (Pokémon)
  • Ridley (Metroid)
  • Meta Ridley (Metroid)
  • Dracula (Castlevania)
  • Marx (Kirby)

Off the top of my head:
  • Gohma
  • Kraid
  • Drs. Wily/Eggman
  • Twinbellows
  • Medeus
  • Gruntilda
  • Cortez
  • Andross
  • Giratina
  • King Hippo
Also Hinata Hinata KingofPhantoms KingofPhantoms I need to actually start watching Owl House at some point instead of just consuming fanart.

Shroob

Sup?

Gribbo

Smash Apprentice

Smash Run was a good idea that could've been something so much more. If they brought it back in Ultimate but with couch co-op, having all players in the same map interacting with each other, bigger maps, more maps (maybe themed ones like Planet Zebes or Underground Maze?) more interesting events, the ability to choose the final battle and time limit like City Trial did, and online, it could've been the multiplayer mode. But instead, nothing.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
On the topic of Smash modes, my biggest hope when I saw that Stage Builder was returning in Ultimate was that they'd let us make a mini playlist of like 3-5 songs for our custom stages instead of limiting us to a single song like Brawl and Smash 4.

I just think custom stages would feel more alive if they had variable music.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Here's a fun idea:

• Porky (Earthbound)
  • Rayquaza (Pokémon)
  • Ridley (Metroid)
  • Meta Ridley (Metroid)
  • Dracula (Castlevania)
  • Marx (Kirby)

1. Grima
2. Mordegon
3. Yaldabaoth (Xenoblade)
4. Eggman
5. Octavio
6. Eternatus
7. Gruntilda
8. Sephiroth
9. Count Cannoli
10. The Dark Lord (Miitopia)

Status
Not open for further replies.