• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Droodle

Smash Lord
I would assume that Andre has the best sources out of the entirety of GameXPlain considering that I'm pretty sure he owns it. He's pretty high up on the ladder, but he never leaks anything or anything this blatantly. I'm pretty sure he was one of the few people saying Byleth has a "good shot" right before Byleth was revealed for DLC too, but he never straight up said Byleth is in.

That said, if Andre is potentially a person who could know and if press kits have released, he wouldn't have said anything; at least not anything this blatant (it's more blatant than saying Banjo's in for a Smashing time). If it is a leak and GameXPlain has press kits, then he barely has any deniability and he does not want to burn bridges with Nintendo.

Andre usually doesn't even leak blatantly anyways. I may be overthinking this, but it makes me doubt Geno's chances more than it makes me think Geno's confirmed.

zferolie

Smash Hero
I assume that was a joke post. GX wouldn't dare risk losing their nintendo connections for spoiling smash. no one is that crazy.

I like discussing lessing known characters, It gets tirering keeping talking about Geno or crash, even if i want both

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
yknow

this would be prime time to include Black Shadow in more spec discussion with the new F-Zero possibly happening

...i never DREAMED I WOULD TYPE THISAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Last edited:

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
Man I'd be so happy if Frogger got in.
Frogger would be a goofy, fun choice. The OG is one of the first games I played (on one of those cheap controllers you hooked up into a TV). I’d like to see some Frogger representation by the time Smash is over, atleast a spirit.

Since people like discussing interesting things (like Ryza), I actually been thinking

This happened back in June of 2019, Kamiya was Asking Sakurai about Viewtiful Joe

https://twitter.com/perepereden/status/1138606651710164992

This could be Playful banter, however Could this also mean something more? I Don't know about Viewfitul Joe being Playable, but this could be an addition towards speculation of Capcom content in this 2nd Fighter Pass. Remember that apparently FP2 was greenlit around this time
Joe would be another fun choice. I do remember hearing some vague whispers about a Viewtiful Joe 3; maybe it’d be a Switch exclusive? More realistically he’d be a Mii costume alongside someone like Dante, MonHun or Phoenix. He’d be perfect as a Premium costume tbh, I’d love to see this banger in Smash.

TwiceEXE

Smash Ace
I also agree that Andre was joking and just doing as the other user requested by telling them what they wanted to hear.

However, we know that GameXplain does get some inside info. It is possible that Andre knows who the actual next character is and in that scenario we could assume it isn't Geno. There is no way he would blatantly leak a character like that.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
so about that email they found for a mario 35th...

GUESS WHAT THE **** ELSE THEY FOUND!!!!!!!!!!!!

KHDSGJHSDKLHGSDITWERSIOPAE

I DID MY WAITING!!! 16 YEARS OF IT!!!

also id say Black Shadow's chances just went up baby
Rie.

Rie.

Don't do this to me Rie.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
so about that email they found for a mario 35th...

GUESS WHAT THE **** ELSE THEY FOUND!!!!!!!!!!!!

KHDSGJHSDKLHGSDITWERSIOPAE

I DID MY WAITING!!! 16 YEARS OF IT!!!

also id say Black Shadow's chances just went up baby
So how many completely contradictory rumors have we got going now?

RcS735

Smash Cadet
I also agree that Andre was joking and just doing as the other user requested by telling them what they wanted to hear.

However, we know that GameXplain does get some inside info. It is possible that Andre knows who the actual next character is and in that scenario we could assume it isn't Geno. There is no way he would blatantly leak a character like that.
Can I ask what happened I miss something?

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I won't believe F-Zero Switch is real until Miyamoto himself comes to my front door (socially distanced of course) and throws a copy of the game directly into my face

SNEKeater

Smash Master
I have a hard time believing a new F-Zero game. I mean, I don't think a new game it's out of the question. It's like what happens with franchises such as Golden Sun or Rhythm Heaven, which I could see getting a new game on the Switch, a popular platform that so far hasn't seen a first party title being a commercial flop. But getting a new F-Zero is almost a pipe dream.

F-Zero would fill a niche that MK8 does not really fill at all, even if both are racing games.

I just hope that if it happens it won't have a random and forced gimmick.

Also, not a surprise, but the upcoming direct would have more than Mario games.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
anyway if we somehow do get a LoL rep in Smash

screw POP/STARS, I need to hear GIANTS

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
I don’t know how Geno fans are still so confidant after Heihachi popping up in Min Min’s DLC wave. That Mii costume proves they’re still releasing Smash 4-era costumes and that they will drop them whenever they please; how that didn’t put the fear of God in each and every one of them is beyond me.

EDIT: Re-reading this, it sounds like I’m being hostile to Geno fans, which was not my intention. Sorry if it comes off that way to anyone.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Gamexplain has never really seemed to have insider info from what I saw anyway. Geno is probably just a character he'd like to see. Being opimistic :)

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
While I'm sure Nintendo isn't invincible when it comes to their mission to neutralize leaks (the Pokémon Sword and Shield DLC leak being a prime example of such), I doubt people like Andre would just throw a statement like that so boldly.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
I don’t know how Geno fans are still so confidant after Heihachi popping up in Min Min’s DLC wave. That Mii costume proves they’re still releasing Smash 4-era costumes and that they will drop them whenever they please; how that didn’t put the fear of God in each and every one of them is beyond me.
I can only speak for myself here, but I was never under the impression that all of the missing costumes would be promoted. Truth is, I only expect one or two to become playable, maybe three if we're lucky, with the rest coming back as costumes just as before. While I was sad that Heihachi ended up getting costume'd again, I also wasn't surprised.

AugustusB

Smash Champion

EDIT: Re-reading this, it sounds like I’m being hostile to Geno fans, which was not my intention. Sorry if it comes off that way to anyone.
It's all good. I did not see that as a hostile take. Personally speaking, I enjoy being optimistic, while still weighing everything else either for or against his chances.
And if it happens that the costume returns, then that is fine.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

Hope is a heck of a high.

Some may think that THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE is in effect or that they're sticking to the old mantra of "it's not over until it's over"

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
The new F-Zero is a prequel reboot that uses the Joycons as a gimmick exclusively. Hope that drift doesn't throw you off the edge and you ****ing die. :bowsette:

Last edited:

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
I fully expect a new F-Zero game to join Shin Megami Tensei V, Metroid Prime 4 and Bayonetta 3 as "Games that are announced to generate hype then never actually released or shown".

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Gamexplain has never really seemed to have insider info from what I saw anyway. Geno is probably just a character he'd like to see. Being opimistic :)
They did have some good predictions in that past, though. Jon from GameXplain brought up the concept of an ARMS character for Smash, and even Min Min in particular late last year. And now he's saying that Elma should be next. :4pacman:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
The new F-Zero is a prequel reboot that uses the Joycons as a gimmick exclusively. Hope that drift doesn't throw you off the edge and you ****ing die. :bowsette:
Prequel?
Reboot?
GIMMICK?!

*cold sweats in Star Fox fan*

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
They did have some good predictions in that past, though. Jon from GameXplain brought up the concept of an ARMS character for Smash, and even Min Min in particular late last year. And now he's saying that Elma should be next. :4pacman:
This is the same man who said "Tales Of has no legacy" so uh... I wouldn't take him too seriously

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Ahh you mean Jon "Final Fantasy 7, 9, 10, 10-2 and 12 for Switch" Cartwright? :4pacman:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Prequel?
Reboot?
GIMMICK?!

*cold sweats in Star Fox fan*
Did I mention half the game is also a beat 'em up with Captain Falcon? We had to sacrifice a good Grand Prix or two worth of maps but it was surely worth it.

Last edited:

Animegamingnerd

Smash Ace

Its a group of people that think a supporting character that is only appeared in two games, one of which was only a cameo that got cut from a remake has a better a shot of being in Smash compare to characters that Nintendo actually owns and third party characters that actually are well known outside of the Smash echo chamber, then that shouldn't surprise you in the slightest.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
I hope miyamoto stays far far away from F-Zero

Let it be weird like GX
I dont want his "minimalist game design" bs

zferolie

Smash Hero
Its a group of people that think a supporting character that is only appeared in two games, one of which was only a cameo that got cut from a remake has a better a shot of being in Smash compare to characters that Nintendo actually owns and third party characters that actually are well known outside of the Smash echo chamber, then that shouldn't surprise you in the slightest.
Harsh, but very true. Geno fans tend to be very vocal on wanting him. Honestly, I never got how Geno fans swarmed into smash fanbase so much... was it due to project M putting him in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom