• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
...Now that min min killed the spirit's deconfirm rule that rule was the only major roadblock geno had
Geno’s biggest road block was never being a sprit, it was and still is the fact that he was a side character in one game that came out 20+ years ago, made by Square Enix.

I’m honestly rooting for him because I think he’d be neat, but the “Geno is a front runner” talk is absurd.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
What rules are left

:ultridley:: too big
:ultolimar:: too small
:ultcorrin:: too recent
:ultdarksamus:: no dead characters
:ultbanjokazooie::ultkrool:: too irrelevant
:ultvillager::ultisabelle::ultmiifighters:: too pacifist
:ultsimon::ultrichter: And :ultryu::ultken:: no more than 1 third party per company
:ultbayonetta1:: too sexy
:ultdarkpit::ultdaisy:: characters can't be palette swaps. (if this is right)
:ultlittlemac::ultridley::no mostly known in the west
:ulthero:: no mostly known in the east
:ultbyleth:: too many reps (fire emblem)
:ultchrom::can't be part of final smash
:ultmegaman:: must have melee attacks
:ultfalcon::ultness::ultgnw::ulticeclimbers::ultrob::ultwiifittrainer::ultduckhunt::ultlucas: :only characters fans expsect

:ultpiranha:: pretty much almost everything but most particular is no enemy/non main characters and Sakurai chooses who he wants in

And finally

Min min :ultmewtwo::ultlucas::spirits/trophies Deconfirm

The only rules left is ”assist trophy’s and mii costumes of characters not playable deconfirm”

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
Well I'll give myself some credit for almost completely nailing the ARMS song list. I predicted we'd get all 15 stage themes plus the title theme and the VS Hedlok theme which is exactly what we got with one or two additional songs. It wasn't a difficult thing to predict though.

As for what today means for ATs and Spirits, I agree with what many people are saying. Things are still very situational for each particular character.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Geno’s biggest road block was never being a sprit, it was and still is the fact that he was a side character in one game that came out 20+ years ago, made by Square Enix.

I’m honestly rooting for him because I think he’d be neat, but the “Geno is a front runner” talk is absurd.
Tell that to too :ultkrool::ultbanjokazooie: haven't appear in Nintendo for years till smash and :ultpiranha: is not even close to a main character heck it has no story at all

It's over only his mii costume coming back can deconfirm him now

Last edited:

Dinoman96

Smash Master
Tell that to too :ultkrool::ultbanjokazooie: and :ultpiranha:
Excuse me?

K. Rool was the main villain and last boss of every Rare developed DK game in the 90s. Banjo & Kazooie were the main characters of all the games they starred in. Piranha Plant is, at the very least, a common mook that appears in nearly every Mario game.

They're not really comparable to Geno at all.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
What rules are left

:ultsimon::ultrichter: And :ultryu::ultken:: no more than 1 third party per company
:ultfalcon::ultness::ultgnw::ulticeclimbers::ultrob::ultwiifittrainer::ultduckhunt::ultlucas: :only characters fans expsect

:ultpiranha:: pretty much almost everything but most particular is no enemy/non main characters and Sakurai chooses who he wants in

And finally

The only rules left is ”assist trophy’s and mii costumes of characters not playable deconfirm”
The thing about getting hung up on "rules" is that people think exceptions somehow destroy that hindrance from even being a future factor.

All it is is that some characters have enough in their favour to overcome sizeable obstacles, but not all do. Just because one will, doesn't inherently mean another who faces similar obstacles will. Every character still needs to be evaluated on a unique and individual basis.

Goombaic

Smash Ace
What rules are left

And finally

Half of those are either made up or were never "fan rules" what are you on?
"Only characters fans expect."
Since WHEN!?

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I think people really need to really think about what we learned through that presentation after rewatching it, and everything we know, and they should stop taking everything as "It's black or white" face value. So far, what we can take from what we learned...

"THE PROTAGONIST RULES IS GONE!"
It is not. The protagonist rule is still in place, and visibly, it even was Sakurai's concern as he did bring up "Wait, why no SpringMan" when talking with the ARMS director, he claimed that "All characters are Protagonists" which, whenever you hate it, like it, or try to find a spin on it. In the end, the Director/Creator have the last word, and we must go with their words.

"SPIRIT RULES IS ****ING GONE! WHOOOHOOO!"
I think that one is more nuanced than that. And people really should calm their horses, and not see it as "IT DECONFIRM" or "THE RULE IS DEAD". As in like, each characters has it's own context behind it and should be taken as it's own case.

It's also important to remember that visibly, ARMS is a special case, EVEN in the Smash development itself, as it was a request from Nintendo, and from the way Sakurai talk about it, it seems that Nintendo rather told him to make a Fighter from ARMS instead of a specifics characters, and he then went to look out for a character, visibly himself going for Ninjara, before asking what the ARMS creator would want in smash, where he clearly asked for Min-Min.

Try to be a japanese game developper refusing your co-worker's wish and character from his own game because you made it a Spirit.
That...Wouldn't fly, even by Sakurai logic or whatever fan-rules that exist. As such, Min-Min being an Upgrade is great in that sense, but should be taken so far, as a first case scenario, opening possibilities, instead of a "Yeah, it's totally happening."

There is also the special case of Spirit Events, which In my opinion still hard deconfirm any characters appearing there. Even more Third Parties event ones. As those spirits and event would just be overlapping with the current DLC schedules if they had a DLC characters that was going to happens, by that I mean-
Why would you make a Resident Evil Spirit Event, if down the line, especially with the timeline they released, you made a deal for a fighter AND Spirits that would be sold togethers nonetheless?

Basically, for Spirits, it should be taken as a "Hey, it's possible, but she might be the only instance of it because of the context" than "OH **** YEAH LET'S GO! ZACIAN NEXT FIGHTER ON MY WAY!" for exemple with Pokémon.

"AT ARE NOT DEAD!"

I think the fact that Sakurai was thinking about Ninjara himself and not Spring-Man sneakily tell us that he consider Boingy Boy represented enough and that he wouldn't Upgrade and AT.

"WHAT ABOUT MII COSTUMES?!"

DLC Mii costumes are still for me the hardest deconfirm you can get for a characters, and even probably a company. For exemple, Heihachi being deconfirmed today, totally rule him out for the Fighter Pass 2, however, it doesn't rule out Namco, who could get a Tales of Characters for exemple, with Mii Costume focused on RPG/Tales of. But not only that, Heihachi's Mii costume being back, also put the remaining 3rd Parties Mii Costumes and Characters that have yet to come back from S4 in a very shaky spots.... (Hi Lloyd and Geno.) where them coming back in a future pass would also decomfirm them.

HOWEVER- The Vault Boy Mii Costume is a special case, where I'm willing to take that extra-step and say that Bethesda won't get any character this pass. Why?
I think that, in the event where a company would be introduced in Smash, they would bring their set of Mii Costume with them, like we saw with Cloud, Joker, Hero and Terry. Banjo being the only surprising omission probably because of Microsoft.
I feel that it would be weird to release a Fallout Mii Costume, when you could release it alongside let's say DoomGuy in a Mii Costume showcase focused on their IP, just like the others did?

That's all, that's the most rational way to look at the situation, where nothing is a guaranteed until proved otherwise, some "rules" still stands, others do not, unless we see down the line that it was just a special occasion exemple, if we see that Min-Min was the only promotion of this pass.

I'm now excited to see where the speculation will go. But I just hope it won't go too crazy and toxic, and people will stay with the famous "Hype responsibly" and "Think before Hyping."
Regarding Ninjara: He was also a basegame spirit, and Nintendo is choosing/has the final say in all the DLC, so idk if the context matters much if Sakurai was considering him as well. Of course, Nintendo may not want anymore characters that happen to be spirits already (I don’t think because they’re spirits, though, just they may want other characters more), but since they nor Sakurai seem to care if one is a spirit already, they could reconsider them if they deem them popular enough or good for business relations/want to throw the fans a bone.

Spring Man may have also been considered since Sakurai said he was told “they’re all the protagonists!” and so he probably considered promoting Spring Man as well (oof, we who wanted Spring Man most just barely won if true :( ) before Yabuki asked for Min Min.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Excuse me?

K. Rool was the main villain and last boss of every Rare developed DK game in the 90s. Banjo & Kazooie were the main characters of all the games they starred in. Piranha Plant is, at the very least, a common mook that appears in nearly every Mario game.

They're not really comparable to Geno at all.
I was talking about irrelevant and no main characters pirhana plant is not a main character

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I was talking about irrelevant and no main characters pirhana plant is not a main character
Geno being a side character was never an issue as seen with the other Mario side characters, Geno's issue is being a one off side character who hasn't gotten anything beyond 3 cameos in the last 20 years, those cameos including the mii costume and Spirit

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
I wonder how long it will be before we get another announcement/reveal?

I’m going to say put Rex & Pyra back on the table, and I am more confident than ever that we are probably going to get a Gen. VIII Pokémon.

I still think Namco deserves another character though, but maybe they are just content with Pac-Man.

I’ll propose this; List 10 Characters you think we could potential see as Fighters for the remainder of this Fighter’s Pass. There’s only 5 left so you get double the chance to guess correctly.

I’ll start.
1. Rex & Pyra/Mythra
2. Generation VIII Pokémon
3. Euden
4. Paper Mario
5. Ryu Hayabusa
6. Tales of Character
7. KOS-MOS (Namco puts her in a lot of crossovers.)
8. Akira (Astral Chain)
9. Sora
10. Geno
Okay this is kind of fun

1. Geno
2. Sora
3. Klonoa
4. Crash Bandicoot
5. Travis Touchdown
6. Sol Badguy
7. Crono
8. Axel Stone
9. Jin Kazama
10. Sgt. Cortez

I know I'll eventually be right.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
All were irrelevant, and that is the thing, as Geno is irrelevant so far, too. Thing is, irrelevancy is not a factor that deconfirms, not are things like "They're from Square-Enix", which was deconfirmed with Cloud back in Smash 4.

Look, (to everyone else, not just you, Smashoperatingbuddy)I know some of us may be overhyping the no spirits thing, but there is not reason to downplay it as a one time instance, either. That is just being pessimistic, period. Let people dream, and if they are overhyping this, that is not your problem to be concerned about.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
To be fair, we already have most of the recurring Mario cast. Besides, Piranha Plant was a haha funny bonus that everyone would recognize.

Also, relevant=/=modern. For example, Mega Man is relevant because he's a gaming icon, but he'd fallen on hard times when he was added. Ridley is a relevant character because he's the most recurring Metroid villain, and the most recurring Metroid character as a whole after Samus. Sure, modern appearances help out quite a bit, but you don't have to be fresh out of the oven to be relevant.

Last edited:

Buffalo Soldier

Smash Apprentice
This isn't necessarily a complaint, but to me it kind of seems the dev team has given up on really making the final smashes interesting anymore. Every final smash these days is either punching someone or hitting someone with a weapon or projectile/laser to initiate a video clip where there's either a bit of punching or another big laser. Probably easier to balance this way and saves some time to work on the regular moveset.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

I’m going to say put Rex & Pyra back on the table, and I am more confident than ever that we are probably going to get a Gen. VIII Pokémon.

I still think Namco deserves another character though, but maybe they are just content with Pac-Man.

I’ll propose this; List 10 Characters you think we could potential see as Fighters for the remainder of this Fighter’s Pass. There’s only 5 left so you get double the chance to guess correctly.

I’ll start.
1. Rex & Pyra/Mythra
3. Euden
4. Paper Mario
5. Ryu Hayabusa
6. Tales of Character
8. Akira (Astral Chain)
9. Sora
10. Geno
1. Elma (id say Rex if Ribbon Girl or Ninjara was the ARMS rep but they ain’t soooooo)
2. Octoling (sure ARMS’s dlc content wasn’t repped, but since Splatoon is big enough, maybe...? HECC U I NEED FLY OCTO FLY IN SMASH YESTERDAY.)
3. Neku Sakuraba (TWEWY sequel soon? AX promo art? Something big is coming. Sorry Geno, Sora, Lara and 2B, but my boi deserves this)
4. KOS-MOS (Bamco’s crossover queen. RIP Lloyd, I can see his costume returning)
5. Crash Bandicoot (new game, rumors of Crash in smash)
6. New Capcom rep (either Phoenix Wright or Dante. I can’t choose lmao, they’re both awesome in their own merits)
7. Rayman (Ubisoft’s bot makes me go hmm)
8. Demanded first party like Bandana Dee or Dixie Kong
9. Arle Nadja (idk why)
10. Someone to appeal to the “mature” crowd like Ryu Hayabusa or Dovahkiin

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
This isn't necessarily a complaint, but to me it kind of seems the dev team has given up on really making the final smashes interesting anymore. Every final smash these days is either punching someone or hitting someone with a weapon or projectile/laser to initiate a video clip where there's either a bit of punching or another big laser. Probably easier to balance this way and saves some time to work on the regular moveset.
There's more you can do with cutscenes and stuff, not to mention cinematic supers have been a staple of fighting games for decades. I'd rather have 83 cinematic supers than stuff like Iceberg or Mario Finale

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I know Sakurai said no manga characters but this is ridiculous.

Sakurai said if you Googled Spring Man, you get pictures of a manga character.

Sakurai made it sound like this was why he didn’t put Spring Man in Smash.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I do think that the Spirits conversation is as mangled as ever. Spirits Disconfirm was always a practicality argument and not necessarily some hard set rule that applied for Base Game to Fighter's Pass Volume 1. If a character had a defined role in base Ultimate, they were probably not coming in later as DLC as they had not been planned for any additional roles or content. That ended up pretty much being the exact way that things played out in Volume 1.

That practicality argument ceased to exist once Volume 2 existed and things could be reconsidered. The issue with many Spirits, however, became why were they initially chosen as Spirits and what does that say about the fighter (and the same for Assist Trophies too, though to a more significant degree considering the work involved in realizing them versus Spirits). While the practicality argument of content overlapping is gone, each Spirit has to be considered on an individual level for what they bring to the table and why they may have been passed on. The first "barrier" is no longer there, but an ever present second barrier still had to be considered. And that still applies to many. I know people did cling to "Spirits Disconfirm" unilaterally, but I think most people opened up to the idea of Spirits being somewhat back on the table with Volume 2.

There is another element in the post DLC announcement Spirits though. The same argument that was applied to Volume 1 with Spirits and base game would seem to be the likely case for Spirits announced during the later period of Volume 1 to Volume 2. Sure, you can say they can just put Spirits on the board of any character at a later time ala ARMS, but that doesn't speak to why these Spirits would have been released as they were post additional DLC announcement in the first place. Astral Chain, Ring Fit Adventure, Pokemon Sword/Shield, Kunio-kun, Trials of Mana, Animal Crossing New Horizons, Cuphead, Warframe, and all the Mii Fighter costumes post Banjo & Kazooie would seemingly put all those titles in a similar position as being planned for that specific role and not elsewhere. With that in mind, I think Base Game content is back open to interpretation on a case by case basis, but the post launch stuff, particularly post announcement of more DLC fighters is in the same position Base Spirits were to Volume 1 in terms of inclusion.

osby

Smash Obsessed

Sucks that Joker Persona is disconfirmed because of that one Batman villain.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

Lmao no he just said it was a fun fact due to Kinnikuman being considered a classic in Japan. If he said "You'd find an enemy from Mega Man", would you interpret that as the reason Sakurai didn't put him in instead of trivia too?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'm'a back. Hopefully things has settled down.

How are y'all enjoying the new addition to the roster so far? I'm really hyped! I can't wait to play as Minmin!

zeldasmash

Smash Lord

I’ll start.
1. Rex & Pyra/Mythra
3. Euden
4. Paper Mario
5. Ryu Hayabusa
6. Tales of Character
8. Akira (Astral Chain)
9. Sora
10. Geno
1. Dante (My personal most wanted character at this point)
2. Master Chief (Mr. Microsoft in the flesh. He gets put in here, and the Internet melts. Would certainly be better then Steve as the next potential Microsoft rep)
3. Ryu Hayabusa (Considering Tecmo Koei is in such good relationship with Nintendo, him being one of the only remaining NES stars left and Sakurai wanted to put Ninjara at first...call it a hunch)
4. Sephiroth (Remake was a hit and he is the FF villain for a lot of people. I thin he's likelier then people think)
5. Sol Badguy (Arc System Works a developer to look out for nowadays and they only have River City here? Nah. Plus Strive is coming out soon)
6. 2B (Modern gaming icon and a very popular request)
7. Doomguy (I think Vault Boy/Fallout being in the game as a Mii Costume helps him)
8. Sora (Pretty obvious why)
9. Crash (Probably the likeliest one, especially with Crash 4 now being a thing. I know it likely has nothing to do with it but call it a hunch)
10. Travis Touchdown (No More Heroes 3)

I also wanna throw in Kratos for sheer surprise factor. Out of all the Sony mascots (especially after TLOU2....), he's the most likely and the most fitting to potentially join.

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero

I’ll start.
1. Rex & Pyra/Mythra
3. Euden
4. Paper Mario
5. Ryu Hayabusa
6. Tales of Character
8. Akira (Astral Chain)
9. Sora
10. Geno
I was thinking of making a promotion-based pass after the ARMS rep dropped, but the situation's more ambiguous than I was banking on, so this'll do.
  1. Rex & Blades-C'mon, he was mentioned in the same breath as an ARMS character for reps release too late. If he's gonna get in, it's now,
  2. Bandana Waddle Dee-Kirby's the one constant Nintendo series that hasn't gotten some combination of a new fighter, a veteran revamp, or a returning veteran. Plus, BWD has the bonus of modern appearances, series relevance, and fandom popularity. He's not quite a lock, but he's got more going for him than you think.
  3. Shantae-A major indie series that would be good for representing that area of gaming. She's got relevance, popularity, and an open company. She's even got an icon for online lobbies! Not even Rayman can attest to that.
  4. Rayman-Ubi's two big franchises got their "secondary mascots" as Miis-Altair and the Rabbids respectively. An Ubisoft character is looking pretty likely, and with Spirits back on the table, it's gotta be Rayman. Heck, even Ubisoft's reply bot wants him!
  5. Raiden-Probably a bit of bias showing, but c'mon, he'd be cool. MGRR music is S+++ tier, and besides, Snake was the first third-party character ever revealed. What better way to finish what Metal Gear started than more Metal Gear?
  6. Euden-Probably Nintendo's biggest IP not in Smash yet, and he'd represent mobile games as well. Not much else to say, really.
  7. Reimu Hakurei-A major sleeper pick, in my opinion. Touhou is huge in Japan, and is arguably one of, if not the biggest indie game not represented in Smash (Does Minecraft still count as an indie?). Besides, Touhou music slaps. Who wouldn't want to play Necrofantasia over Dedede and Piranha Plant's brutal fight to the death?
  8. Sol Badguy-If the Kunio-Kun Spirits are any indication, Nintendo's at least been in touch with ArcSys. Guilty Gear is gaining in popularity, and Sol would bring both a unique moveset and an awesome soundtrack.
  9. Lloyd Irving-We've gotta get a Bamco fighter at some point. As much as I want Klonoa, Tales is a bigger franchise and Lloyd's Mii costume hasn't popped back up... Yet. I know there's other candidates like Yuri, but Sakurai himself said Lloyd was the Tales of rep back when he got a costume.
  10. Doomguy-We got Vault Boy, and Doom's a pretty influential series in the Western hemisphere. Plus, a number of events has pushed Doom and Nintendo fans increasingly closer together. Of course, if not the Slayer, there's always Dovakiin for the Bethesda fighter.

Buffalo Soldier

Smash Apprentice
As someone who loves Pokemon and considers it my favorite Nintendo property, I'm pretty worried we're getting another Pokemon somewhere in this pack. Just don't really feel like we need anymore, personally.

Wouldn't be surprised if this is primarily first party but you have to think they had something big planned for E3. I kind of felt like that might be where they'd unveil someone like Crash. Doesn't necessarily mean the next character will be earth shattering though because I wouldn't be surprised if they switched around the schedule to do more first party at the start due to the pandemic.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Oh

I guess that means LoL Rumor is officially dead now since it said Hollow Knight PreMiium Swordfighter would be shown with FP6. There was no PreMiium costume this time around.

Last edited:

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
Min Min looks great, but I’m somehow more excited for the stage. She seems very unique but maybe a bit awkward to pilot.
I do think that the Spirits conversation is as mangled as ever. Spirits Disconfirm was always a practicality argument and not necessarily some hard set rule that applied for Base Game to Fighter's Pass Volume 1. If a character had a defined role in base Ultimate, they were probably not coming in later as DLC as they had not been planned for any additional roles or content. That ended up pretty much being the exact way that things played out in Volume 1.

That practicality argument ceased to exist once Volume 2 existed and things could be reconsidered. The issue with many Spirits, however, became why were they initially chosen as Spirits and what does that say about the fighter (and the same for Assist Trophies too, though to a more significant degree considering the work involved in realizing them versus Spirits). While the practicality argument of content overlapping is gone, each Spirit has to be considered on an individual level for what they bring to the table and why they may have been passed on. The first "barrier" is no longer there, but an ever present second barrier still had to be considered. And that still applies to many. I know people did cling to "Spirits Disconfirm" unilaterally, but I think most people opened up to the idea of Spirits being somewhat back on the table with Volume 2.

There is another element in the post DLC announcement Spirits though. The same argument that was applied to Volume 1 with Spirits and base game would seem to be the likely case for Spirits announced during the later period of Volume 1 to Volume 2. Sure, you can say they can just put Spirits on the board of any character at a later time ala ARMS, but that doesn't speak to why these Spirits would have been released as they were post additional DLC announcement in the first place. Astral Chain, Ring Fit Adventure, Pokemon Sword/Shield, Kunio-kun, Trials of Mana, Animal Crossing New Horizons, Cuphead, Warframe, and all the Mii Fighter costumes post Banjo & Kazooie would seemingly put all those titles in a similar position as being planned for that specific role and not elsewhere. With that in mind, I think Base Game content is back open to interpretation on a case by case basis, but the post launch stuff, particularly post announcement of more DLC fighters is in the same position Base Spirits were to Volume 1 in terms of inclusion.
You hit the nail on the head better than I could. Well said.

Last edited:

skylanders fan

Smash Lord
NNID
KyleWussler
Ok I’ll join in the top ten I see joining this dlc

1. Crash Bandicoot- the “Sony” icon for so long and with a modern update on the switch fans have recently hopped on the Crash Train.

2. Gen 8 Pokémon/toxicity I feel like it makes sense and I would like to see toxicity make it I like the two forms and would be interested in how they would bring it to smash

3. Rayman this guy has been in smash dlc talk since the smash 4 days and while not as big of a fan base as say Sora he still seems like a nice 3rd party choice.

4. Master Chief with Microsoft and Nintendo being buddy’s with banjo it wouldn’t surprise me if they try to get MC in around the launch of the new xbox

5. new nintendo ip/upcoming project every dlc pack we have got in wiiu and now Ultimate came with a upcoming new character from a nintendo franchise I think the pattern stays here with something coming out in late this year or next year

6. Ryu I feel like we heard a lot of rumors about him for Ultimate and he picked up a lot of traction so I think he can sneak in

7. Rex and Pyra mentioned how they missed out on last dlc I could seen them getting in this time

8. sora one of the big fan demands but could be a issue with either SE or Disney

9. doom guy I think he is popular enough and with the AC hype around it people have really asked for him but being M could be a huge hurdle

10. geno a fan requested characters with a lot in his way but I still think he has a chance to sneak in

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Ok I’ll join in the top ten I see joining this dlc

1. Crash Bandicoot- the “Sony” icon for so long and with a modern update on the switch fans have recently hopped on the Crash Train.

2. Gen 8 Pokémon/toxicity I feel like it makes sense and I would like to see toxicity make it I like the two forms and would be interested in how they would bring it to smash

3. Rayman this guy has been in smash dlc talk since the smash 4 days and while not as big of a fan base as say Sora he still seems like a nice 3rd party choice.

4. Master Chief with Microsoft and Nintendo being buddy’s with banjo it wouldn’t surprise me if they try to get MC in around the launch of the new xbox

5. new nintendo ip/upcoming project every dlc pack we have got in wiiu and now Ultimate came with a upcoming new character from a nintendo franchise I think the pattern stays here with something coming out in late this year or next year

6. Ryu I feel like we heard a lot of rumors about him for Ultimate and he picked up a lot of traction so I think he can sneak in

7. Rex and Pyra mentioned how they missed out on last dlc I could seen them getting in this time

8. sora one of the big fan demands but could be a issue with either SE or Disney

9. doom guy I think he is popular enough and with the AC hype around it people have really asked for him but being M could be a huge hurdle

10. geno a fan requested characters with a lot in his way but I still think he has a chance to sneak in
You posted it twice mate

SKX31

Smash Master

I’ll start.
1. Rex & Pyra/Mythra
3. Euden
4. Paper Mario
5. Ryu Hayabusa
6. Tales of Character
8. Akira (Astral Chain)
9. Sora
10. Geno
1. Master Chief
2. KOS-MOS
3. Dante
4. Ahri (League of Legends)
5. Reimu
6. Sora
7. Ring Fit Adventurer
8. Kratos
9. Gordon Freeman
10. Tracer

Oh

I guess that means LoL Rumor is officially dead now since it said Hollow Knight PreMiium Swordfighter would be shown with FP6. There was no PreMiium costume this time around.
Yeah, guess so. LoL's not out of the running, but Wild Rift's probable Switch port is not coming until 2021-ish. If the game has one of the FP2 spots it's thus likely to be one of the later ones. So (come to think of it) the rumor's timing didn't make much sense.

EDIT: My mistake, 7NATOR pointed out that the rumor's not timed here.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
In no order.

2B
Crash Bandicoot
Dante
Geno
Lloyd Irving
Master Chief
Rayman
Rex
Ryu Hayabusa
Sol Badguy
Sora
Steve
Travis Touchdown

All the characters I feel has the best chances as of current.

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
While I do think that Assist Trophies are back to being 100% disconfirmed, I had been musing that DLC spirits from the previous pass might still be on the table for this one.

We don't know how far in advance they're picked, but if they're all planned out, then there's no reason to believe that they're dead, and there's definitely no reason to believe that the earlier ones are dead.
*looks at Jill, Leon & Resident Evil in general*
B27BBDEE-4FFF-44E5-8182-164FA389BE4B.jpeg

As for the protagonist thing, is there any secondary characters from “new series” that are actually requested? The only one I could think of was Sans, but he obviously became a Mii costume instead.

I don’t really see why that’s a topic of debate when no one really has a reason to fight against it lmao

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero

I’ll start.
1. Rex & Pyra/Mythra
3. Euden
4. Paper Mario
5. Ryu Hayabusa
6. Tales of Character
8. Akira (Astral Chain)
9. Sora
10. Geno
1. Sora
2. Phoenix Wright
3. Arle
4. Tales of character
5. 2nd Xenoblade Rep (Rex & Pyra or Elma)
6. Shantae
7. Dixie Kong
8. KOS-MOS
9. Reimu
10. Rayman

Last edited:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Might as well join this "10 choices" thing. None of these are listed in any particular order.
1. Bandana Waddle Dee, the most popular first party on many polls, and has been topping these things since the days of Sm4sh. With spirits on the table it is plausible.
2. A Gen 8 Pokemon. Gen 8 was revealed early 2019, with the planning going back a long time before hand. I wouldn't be surprised if we got a Greninja situation or something similar.
3. A Puyo Puyo rep. As a franchise that is incredibly big, it seems off nothing's here for it yet. It's also owned by SEGA iirc, so it shouldn't be too hard of a hurdle.
4. Crash Bandicoot, I don't want him, but he seems like an inevitability at this point.
5. Another Fire Emblem Character, just my personal hope.
6. Porky, as an important character with no spirit, something seems fishy here.
7. Some Xenoblade stuff, with a remake soon and Xenoblade 2 back on the table due to ARMS.
8. Minecraft, highest selling game in history, and there's nothing?
9. No ideas
10. No ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom