• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Proceleon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Proceleon
3DS FC
2423-2553-2839
Switch FC
SW-6226-7752-8603
I hope that Monokuma fake leak quickly disappears. That is by far the biggest spoiler in all of Smash speculation so far, even more so than the stuff Sakurai has spoiled himself like with Shulk's final smash or him playing coy about the Heroes Relics.

Really hope Papagenos doesn't make a video on it.
He's gonna make a video, isn't he?

cosmicB

Smash Ace
Eh, I’d say it’s pretty much become common knowledge at this rate, everyone who knows at least a little about Danganronpa knows that Junko plays a major role in the lore so I don’t see why after 10 years you’d still need to hide it.

Some things gradually just become more well-known overtime, I do think things like Shiek in Melee weren’t great though because Ocarina of Time was only out for three years lol.
The difference is unlike Zelda, Danganronpa is niche and Monokuma getting into Smash would increase interest in the franchise. It's also a mystery series where the plot IS the main draw. Even things like Sakurai hinting at an endgame twist for a strategy RPG does not compare to revealing THE big twist of the first game in a mystery visual novel series.

I know that social media has kind of invalidated spoiler culture in general and made people aware of stuff through cultural osmosis, but an official entity like Nintendo spoiling something so vital is just extremely disrespectful IMO.

D

Deleted member

Okay, okay, okay.

Regarding this DR leak...

THE LEAKER IS TRYING TOO HARD.

cosmicB

Smash Ace
I'm not familiar with Dangan Ronpa, but didn't Brawl spoil pretty much every major endgame detail about Mother 3? (admittedly, I haven't played much of Mother 3 either, but stuff like the Masked Man's true identity, Porky's role, or at least one character death seem like pretty big spoilers)
I consider those light or obvious spoilers. Certainly easier to figure out than Sheik being Zelda. I certainly wouldn't have done it if I was in charge of Smash, but they're imo not on the same level, especially when arguably the biggest Mother 3 plot developments remained unspoiled in Brawl (IIRC, it's been a while).

Another big difference is Danganronpa is a whodunnit. The whole plot revolves around figuring things out and we're talking about the most important aspect of the first game to figure out.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If anything LaxChris or Blocked Content will get to it before he does.
Actually LaxChris started becoming more serious instead of relaying the Word of False Gods. He'll ****ing think twice.

what would you rather, a random text only 4chan post?
All leaks are fake until proven true or come from Ninty. And assuming they didn't take this down yet, or the leaker didn't confess to running Photoshop too much.

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
I hope that Monokuma fake leak quickly disappears. That is by far the biggest spoiler in all of Smash speculation so far, even more so than the stuff Sakurai has spoiled himself like with Shulk's final smash or him playing coy about the Heroes Relics.

Yeah, it would have been nice if people here put it in spoiler tags.

D

Deleted member

But I gotta say...

It's real.

As in...the most real, authentic, hysterical laugh of my entire Smash career because that is not real.

"There's barely a concept."

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
If I had the motivation and free time i would make one of these fake music track and mii fighter lists like the danganronpa one.

Looks fun to do for a few cheap laughs

D

Deleted member

If I had the motivation and free time i would make one of these fake music track and mii fighter lists like the danganronpa one.

Looks fun to do for a few cheap laughs
Man I'd love to install all the fonts and tech needed so i can ahead and make a fake Darkstalkers leak haha

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

I actually don't think people unfamiliar with the series would understand. I think they'd probably see it as some Rosalina & Luma kinda deal. I mean this is an official piece of promo art.
It's the people explaining things who are spoiling it. Like in this very thread, lol.

Actually LaxChris started becoming more serious instead of relaying the Word of False Gods. He'll ****ing think twice.

Okay, okay, okay.

Regarding this DR leak...

THE LEAKER IS TRYING TOO HARD.
One guy recreated an entire Japanese site to try and dupe people and it was debunked in less than an hour.

But it's the tryhards that often make the most interesting leaks. Anyone can puke out a 4chan list.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

You know he's gonna make the video anyways, right? It's not like he really cares about his fans.

He's gotta milk Smash leaks and speculation while he can. Once the 11th fighter is revealed and the game's DLC is finished, his channel pretty much goes with it.

He'll probably try to pivot at some point, but I think he's established himself as the "Smash Leaks and Speculation guy" too much to really change.

D

Deleted member

I actually don't think people unfamiliar with the series would understand. I think they'd probably see it as some Rosalina & Luma kinda deal. I mean this is an official piece of promo art.

It's the people explaining things who are spoiling it. Like in this very thread, lol.

One guy recreated an entire Japanese site to try and dupe people and it was debunked in less than an hour.

But it's the tryhards that often make the most interesting leaks. Anyone can puke out a 4chan list.
Well...I did watch his video saying he'll stop it but...I haven't finished it

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
The main reason I find this an interesting leak is the character choice

It’s just such an obscure character choice that flies super under the radar so it just intrigues me, fake or not, that it’s being considered in the context of Smash

I’ve recently gotten into the series and I’ve noticed it’s had a huge popularity spike as of recently so the idea of it possibly being in a game with mostly mainstream names is something I find very interesting

That’s just my thoughts though, it gets my brain flowing

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Well...I did watch his video saying he'll stop it but...I haven't finished it
I'll believe it when I see it. Well, when I hear other people have seen it.

You lose all credibility in the eyes of the fanbase when you pull what LaxChris or Blocked Content do, but monetarily it does behoove them to push out a high quantity of clickbaity videos, so from that perspective a shift would be... unexpected.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I'll believe it when I see it. Well, when I hear other people have seen it.

You lose all credibility in the eyes of the fanbase when you pull what LaxChris or Blocked Content do, but monetarily it does behoove them to push out a high quantity of clickbaity videos, so from that perspective a shift would be... unexpected.
Maybe it finally started affecting his financials.

Probably not though since that'd entail people not buying into his clickbait.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
At one point when i played 999 i wanted Zero in the game but then I realized it was dumb and then i played the third game and now i dont want Zero at all

Cadillac

Smash Seeker
So uhhh

that... Junko leak...

Uh...

sweats

UHHHHHHH

OH GOD.

SO MUCH FOR NINTENDO GOING ON “LOCKDOWN”.
How can Naegi and Hinata be an Advanced spirit when they are both protagonists? Especially Naegi, who was the first protagonist and also appeared in the second game?

AntagonisticGalaxyCetacea

Smash Journeyman

It's only a spoiler for someone when you give context.

cosmicB

Smash Ace

Yeah, I know even Spike Chunsoft is terrible on this front. That's why any time someone exhibits interest in trying out the franchise, I tell them to go in blind. Cultural osmosis has also messed things up, but not to an unsalvagable extent like other big pop culture spoilers like Darth Vader and whatnot.

Really, this wouldn't be such a big deal out of context if the DR1 narrative itself didn't go a certain way. Anyone that's seen stuff like this before playing the games is always super confused by the middle of chapter 1 and has that in the back of their minds until the end.

D

Deleted member

I'll just head back for a while; I'll for this leaker to spout out more info or get a call from Nintendo about a CnD

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend

I've played enough mystery games that I can probably piece together immediately what her and Monokuma's deal is. It's the first thing that's coming to mind the moment I saw them together.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Yeah, I know even Spike Chunsoft is terrible on this front. That's why any time someone exhibits interest in trying out the franchise, I tell them to go in blind. Cultural osmosis has also messed things up, but not to an unsalvagable extent like other big pop culture spoilers like Darth Vader and whatnot.

Really, this wouldn't be such a big deal out of context if the DR1 narrative itself didn't go a certain way. Anyone that's seen stuff like this before playing the games is always super confused by the middle of chapter 1 and has that in the back of their minds until the end.
Frankly I think the only demographics you need to worry about are those who think it's a true spoiler (when it's not really) and thus elaborate on it, or those who spoil things by explaining the contents of the ""leak"" to people who have no real knowledge of Danganronpa (which I would assume is the vast majority of the fanbase).

But I guess it's a double-edged sword because if not for this leak people wouldn't even be talking about Danganronpa.

I've played enough mystery games that I can probably piece together immediately what her and Monokuma's deal is. It's the first thing that's coming to mind the moment I saw them together.
you are very smart and most people are not so very smart

D

Deleted member

Junko isn't that much of a spoiler anymore. Her role is only a fraction of the actual mystery in Danganronpa 1

Last edited by a moderator:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Why are we even entertaining the idea of Junko when the Danganronpa character is obviously going to be Makoto Naegi, Hajime Hinata, Kaede Akamatsu, and Shuichi Saihara as Hero style alts.

kaede gun.jpg
"DID YOU THINK THESE TRUTH BULLETS WERE METAPHORICAL?"

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Why are we even entertaining the idea of Junko when the Danganronpa character is obviously going to be Makoto Naegi, Hajime Hinata, Kaede Akamatsu, and Shuichi Saihara as Hero style alts.

View attachment 264283
"DID YOU THINK THESE TRUTH BULLETS WERE METAPHORICAL?"
Honestly, as long as Danganronpa gets in Smash, I'll take it. Besides, Sakurai can make it work.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I don't even know what a Danganronpa is, TBH.
From my admittadly very limited grasp of Japanese language...

Dangan = Bullet
Ronpa = Refute

So it's basically referencing how you shoot "truth bullets" at "lies" as your primary way of arguing with people.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
The idea of Danganronpa being represented in Smash is quite the unexpected topic, but welcome if you ask me. Junko and Monokuma are definitely far from my first picks for DanganRonpa or as characters in Smash in general - Would've gone with Makoto since he's the first protagonist of the series, so the idea of Junko and Monokuma being in Smash before the protagonists would be a very drastic departure from what we normally expect.

I have a bit of a tough time trying to figure out how Junko herself would fight, but she'd probably let Monokuma do a lot of the heavy lifting in a similar sense to Rosalina and Luma. Monokuma could possibly have attacks based off some of the executions or attacks from Ultra Despair Girls, so I guess that would be their main moveset potential. And I doubt she'd have access to Makoto's Truth Bullets since she's the villain, so there's one of the series trademarks that might be missed out if it was just Junko and Monokuma instead of Makoto.

If this were true then sadly the worst part is that we've run into a Terry situation again where we've figured out the character's identity and all the surprise is gone. Either way, I'm personally leading on Team Fake, but I'm willing to entertain the idea of Junko in Smash Bros.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom