• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Third party lists. It won't happen, but it'd be sick. Other companies I can think of a few characters I'd like, but nothing too crazy. All I really want from Namco is a Tekken character, but Nightmare would be cool too.

Capcom: Mega Man X, Jill, Dante, Chun-Li, Phoenix Wright, Amaterasu

Sega: Blaze Fielding, Tails, Beat, Arle, Kiryu, Joe Musashi

Konami: Bomberman, Bill Rizer, Alucard or Shanoa, Goemon, Yugo, Raiden

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I guess it's a low bar, but, while obviously effort was put into the render, it's really not that great.

The whole image looks flat, it's has almost none of the intricate details renders since even Brawl have had, the lighting is super inconsistent and too highly contrasted, and I think everyone can recognize that the face just doesn't look right. Anime faces are hard in 3d.

Like, Smashified is way above this level. Not even later Smashified, even the earlier stuff.

I mean compare this:
to this:
to this:
to this:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Speaking of fake renders, I'm still a fan of Sassy Geno. That one tricked almost as many people as the Grinch Leak... then got killed by a random picture that has been avaliable on web since years.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Speaking of fake renders, I'm still a fan of Sassy Geno. That one tricked almost as many people as the Grinch Leak... then got killed by a random picture that has been avaliable on web since years.
Did people actually fall for that? Really?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
This is still the OG

It might not look like much now but it had some people wilding back in the day, lol.

That Hex and his renders.

(there might be one earlier than this, don't quote me on it)

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
... I don't remember people talking avout Sassy Geno because 'omg it reel' but rather "lmao this looks so ****ing funny"
Did people actually fall for that? Really?
I can't remember well, but at a certain point some "insider" or "leaker" said that there was a leak that has been overlooked and was real. It was a lie, but people started to revisit all the leaks and find what it could be... most people did reach the conclusion that it was Sassy Geno. This is what I remember, then I don't know what happend besides this.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Like, every Fire Emblem character who isn't an echo at least brings a new game to the table. With Gen I, you're just adding content from the same game.

I don't have a problem with the amount of Gen I Pokemon we have but your comparison doesn't feel fair.
And every character that isn't from Fire Emblem adds a character from a lesser-represented series. With Fire Emblem, you're just adding content from the same series.

It's all just a matter of what you value in newcomers. But neither perspective is wrong.
One thing to keep in mind is that the roster was decided in 2015. Intelligent Systems said they were surprised to see Lyn was as popular as she was on the first Choose Your Legends poll, which was in 2017. For all intents and purposes, her popularity was made known to them too late to factor into Smash.
It will never cease to amaze me how out of touch certain companies are. Like, seriously, it took until 2017 for IS to know how popular Lyn is?
Yeesh, don't remind me of that. Half the characters on that leak weren't even well thought out. Who's unironically asking for Mach Rider? Seriously.
*raises hand high and proud*
So uhhh

that... Junko leak...

Uh...

sweats

UHHHHHHH

OH GOD.

SO MUCH FOR NINTENDO GOING ON “LOCKDOWN”.
Man oh man does that render look terrible.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I guess it's a low bar, but, while obviously effort was put into the render, it's really not that great.

The whole image looks flat, it's has almost none of the intricate details renders since even Brawl have had, the lighting is super inconsistent and too highly contrasted, and I think everyone can recognize that the face just doesn't look right. Anime faces are hard in 3d.

Like, Smashified is way above this level. Not even later Smashified, even the earlier stuff.

I mean compare this:

to this:

to this:

to this:
To be fair (I know people aren’t going to like what I’m about to say but...) the image still isn’t the greatest quality, it’s very pixelated and as a result it’s harder to make out certain details such as the hair and even things like the clothing, but at the same time there are things where you can very clearly make out the details such as Monokuma’s eye and even the fur on his leg.

At the same time there are obvious discrepancies that set it apart from the other renders but I just wanted to throw my hat into the ring is all.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
another track for the woodman leak

look its an official music leak just like the castlevania leak is rel

Mr. Game + Watch

Smash Apprentice
Disgusting Fake Leak Ridley will always be my favorite.
While I wasn’t into speculation around smash 4’s time I was for ultimate and my favorite leak so far is the one with the LEGO character with earth Vader’s mask and I think princess leak

also if anybody remembers where it is at could u post the link to it

TwiceEXE

Smash Ace
It's nice to see a fake leak pop up to give everyone something to talk about. It's been pretty dry for a while.

Although, I'll die laughing if it somehow is real and Junko looks like complete *** on the CSS.

SKX31

Smash Master

ICYMI tweet here. TiMi is Tencent's mobile developer behind CoD Mobile etc.

While this may wind up not being related to Smash I find it very interesting since Nintendo's dealings with "The video game Empire" isn't limited to the Switch's Chinese release. FTR: Tencent has a 5 % share in Activsion-Blizzard and Ubisoft respectively (to name two examples) - meaning "the Empire" would get a small but noticeable piece of the pie should characters like Crash or Rayman get in as DLC.

The only wood man I can accept in Smash is my boi Mokujin
The true hero of Tekken 8 no doubt. Fully support that.

Last edited:

Goombaic

Smash Ace
It's nice to see a fake leak pop up to give everyone something to talk about. It's been pretty dry for a while.

Although, I'll die laughing if it somehow is real and Junko looks like complete *** on the CSS.
I'd cry, then cry even harder because my favorite DR tracks aren't getting remixed.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Nothing's happening - better time than ever to fuel a Grovyle bandwagon! Moveset time.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SHsfgsmJSz4bzKKAOygGQqsZRhE-YY6ZaZ7FkHZG_-I/edit?usp=sharing
I love it, although you posted the Up - B twice.
I admit you took me for a trip when you had little grass moves for your specials. But all in all your moveset is pretty good, I wouldn't mind seeing Grovyke in action. I came up with a Meowstic Moveset last night if you want to check it out.
Meowstic would switch between it's male and female counterpart with no lag by using Shield+B. The female being the main attacker, while the male would create barriers that counter physical and projectile attacks, buff both of them and debuff the other fighters.

Using the Hidden Ability: Prankster , Male Meowstic can activate moves so fast that he can use two or more moves at the same time in one special. Like in the game, Meowstic like other Pokemon can raise their stats six times with a counter below their icon showing the number of stat boost (M)Meowstic has 'stored'.

Male Meowstic:
B - Calm Mind/Helping Hand/Fake Tears: Increases (Standard/Special) Attack, and (Special) Defense of both Meowstics until they respawn can be used more than once but using one after the other too quickly will increase your start/endlag.
Helping Hand has a 50% chance to greatly boost the attack of the next move. Fighters too close to them will suffer Fake Tears effects, and have their Shield weakened, and knockback and damage increased temporarily, but number of stat boost determines how long it lasts for.

Up B - Ally Switch/Safeguard/Zen Headbutt: Similar to Fire Fox but quicker, Startup has invincibility frames (Safeguard), deals additional stun damage. Holding B will switch male Meowstic with female Meowstic.

Side B - Psyshock/Thunder Wave: Range attack has a 10% chance to bypass Shields, and reflectors, does extra damage and knockback if it passes through Shield/reflectors. Hold B to also stun fighters to setup a follow-up attack.

Down B - Reflect/Light Screen/Rest: Counter physical attacks, and reflect projectiles, successful counters, and reflects will results in a quick resting animation recovering 10% health.

Female Meowstic:

(F)Meowstic has the ability infiltrator giving Meowstic a 15% chance to bypass Shields, and reflectors with her standard and Special Attacks.

B - Stored Power: You can use (M)Meowstic's buff to increase your attack or defense, and wreck fighters with powered standard/special moves, or unleash it as a devastating ball of energy, the greater your stats are raise the faster, and more damage/knockout Stored Power does, but your stat boost drops to zero. Did I forget to mention that Infiltrator also affects this move too? Oops.

Edit: Stored Power has a 100% chance of bypassing fighter's shield when when at Max stat boost.

Side B - Future Sight: acts like Zelda's Din's Fire, at six stat boost, Future Sight homes in on the fighters position and smites them with a pillar of light (takes as much time as Pikachu Thunder).

Down B - Dark Pulse: Create an orb of dark energy that knocks fighters away the higher the counter, the wider the radius, and the higher the chance to flinch fighters.

Up B - Helping Hand (M)Meowstic launches (F)Meowstic with telekinesis into fighters, the higher the counter, the longer the recovery, has a 10% chance of increasing their stats, and 5% chance of increasing the damage of the next move. Hold B to switch to (M)Meowstic.

Final Smash - Psychic: Their Psychic powers has enough force to grind a 10-ton truck to dust. Both Meowstics appear on the stage and reveal their eye-like patterns covered by their ears. A large radius of blue Psychic energy damages the fighters, any fighters at 100+ damage will fade away in a trail of ethereal dust and be instakilled.

cosmicB

Smash Ace
I hope that Monokuma fake leak quickly disappears. That is by far the biggest spoiler in all of Smash speculation so far, even more so than the stuff Sakurai has spoiled himself like with Shulk's final smash or him playing coy about the Heroes Relics.

Really hope Papagenos doesn't make a video on it.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I hope that Monokuma fake leak quickly disappears. That is by far the biggest spoiler in all of Smash speculation so far, even more so than the stuff Sakurai has spoiled himself like with Shulk's final smash or him playing coy about the Heroes Relics.
Eh, I’d say it’s pretty much become common knowledge at this rate, everyone who knows at least a little about Danganronpa knows that Junko plays a major role in the lore so I don’t see why after 10 years you’d still need to hide it.

Some things gradually just become more well-known overtime, I do think things like Shiek in Melee weren’t great though because Ocarina of Time was only out for three years lol.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

Really hope Papagenos doesn't make a video on it.
I'm not familiar with Dangan Ronpa, but didn't Brawl spoil pretty much every major endgame detail about Mother 3? (admittedly, I haven't played much of Mother 3 either, but stuff like the Masked Man's true identity, Porky's role, or at least one character death seem like pretty big spoilers)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom