• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
"Too many gen 1 mons, now excuse me while I hope for the third fully-evolved starter who was added solely to have a Pokemon from the latest gen in a row."
You phase that like you think that person with a completely contrasting idea is somehow being hypocritical.

Last edited:

SKX31

Smash Master
There was a recent article about how Nintendo's CEO wants people to continue playing games for longer, so there's going to be more emphasis on "initiatives" or DLC.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...used_on_initiatives_to_keep_consumers_playing

By the end of the second season pass, Ultimate would have been out for 3 years. I would not be surprised if they announce another one to bump it up to 4-5 years of players sticking with the game so they can purchase all the characters and get the complete roster.
That's not too surprising when one remembers: the video game industry as a whole has shifted towards rewarding longevity in games. It's not just due to microtransactions, DLC or what have you, but also because development costs loadsa money. Up to above $100 Million in some cases. The top selling games on both the PS4 and Xbone? GTA V, originally released last gen. And the biggest Switch title is a Wii U game Deluxe.

If a game falters it risks getting discontinued quickly, as has always been the case. But if it's a success there's money to be made for years. Just like the big arcade machines of yore (SFII).

The problem here is that there will be only 4 WoL slots left after FP2.
If they want to continue still, they could either tinker with the code (they have the source code after all) or go for a Ultimate DX.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
The 4 remaining WoL slots could also be for 4 standalone Echo Fighters that could be released alongside FP2.

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
Remember Sakurai's comment on new worlds? That statement is vague so while it can't really be used as an argument by itself, it IS noticable that the only character from a franchise already in Smash is from a game that had no form of representation prior, no music, no spirits, nada. While characters are indeed the main appeal, everything in the game is still content and Spirits do indeed have care put into them, it's the same reason I don't believe spirits will get promoted, the representation is already there, there was already care and thought put into the game and adding a SwoShi character wouldn't increase the crossover appeal.
makes sense, but I'm not sure there's enough evidence for it to be substantial. Difference in perception I presume. I think that's what so exciting about this new fighter's pass, I'm use to having an idea of who might be included

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
Here comes the wish list. I couldn't decide between Lara Croft or Sora. I feel like Sora would make it in before her though. Geno will lead the way as we go to E3 where two big character bombs being Scorpion and Crash Bandicoot drop. Toward the end of the year we get a tease of something in Smash to do with Square. Sora revealed at the VGA's.

Starting up 2021 we get many VERY HARD TO FIGURE OUT hints from Sakurai himself about our next fighter. They end up pointing to Agumon (who I would love). Then E3 2021 will be Master Chief to really blow minds, finish the pass, and finish the fight one last time.

smash wishlist.jpg

I would really REALLY love to see Digimon and Pokemon in the same game..!

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
There was a recent article about how Nintendo's CEO wants people to continue playing games for longer, so there's going to be more emphasis on "initiatives" or DLC.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...used_on_initiatives_to_keep_consumers_playing

By the end of the second season pass, Ultimate would have been out for 3 years. I would not be surprised if they announce another one to bump it up to 4-5 years of players sticking with the game so they can purchase all the characters and get the complete roster.
At this point, I'm willing to be devil's advocate and say Smash will hit 100 characters minus echoes

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
If I had a nickel every time we had the spirits debate since Byleth's reveal, I'd have two dollars.

Not a lot of money sure, but still way too often.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
I do think we need to see the first FP2 character to get an understanding of where we're at.

I remember that period in November 2018 where people were debating whether or not that spirits meant anything and whether that characters like Geno, Dixie, Rex, etc still had a chance. Of course, we got our answer a month later with the unveiling of Joker, a character with no prior representation in Ultimate, and that set the tone for the rest of the pass.

So basically what I'm saying is, if the first FP2 character is someone that isn't already in the base game, it definitely wouldn't be a good look for someone like Geno.

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Ya think they will keep us in the dark until E3?
Pretty suicidal marketing tactic if they want to sell a season pass. It's likely we'll get a Terry level trailer for the 1st character of FP2 in the Q1 direct.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Here comes the wish list. I couldn't decide between Lara Croft or Sora. I feel like Sora would make it in before her though. Geno will lead the way as we go to E3 where two big character bombs being Scorpion and Crash Bandicoot drop. Toward the end of the year we get a tease of something in Smash to do with Square. Sora revealed at the VGA's.

Starting up 2021 we get many VERY HARD TO FIGURE OUT hints from Sakurai himself about our next fighter. They end up pointing to Agumon (who I would love). Then E3 2021 will be Master Chief to really blow minds, finish the pass, and finish the fight one last time.

View attachment 260523

I would really REALLY love to see Digimon and Pokemon in the same game..!
Mortal Kombat is unlikely to receive a rep because the game is essentially hated in Japan.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Broke: Rex
Woke: Ardainian Soldier
A S C E N D E D: ZEKE VON GENBU, CHAOTIC BRINGER OF CHAOS

but seriously. Zeke is The Best this is not up for debate

NeonVoid

Smash Journeyman
Since it's highly likely that we'll get a Pokemon rep, I went ahead and made a moveset on Cinderace (since I would think he's likely).

Hear me out, I think I have devised a way to where Cinderace will use his hidden ability Libero. This might actually make Cinderace an original fighter.

Libero is the unreleased Hidden Ability for Cinderace, where it turns into the type of move its about to use. Let me know what you think!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/15AE4hAj6p5h-fv0qi9kqA0kikeniZkhuwRUTLWJNinU/edit?usp=drivesdk

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
If we get spirit upgrades, I think Geno or someone with similar representation for their game(s) (like Shantae) would be the only one. He can bring as much new stuff as Byleth did.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
After the Fire Emblem music we got with Byleth, I can only hope we continue to get characters that can bring excellent soundtracks with them.

Though, I suppose Joker did as well. Hero would have been amazing if they weren’t MIDI. Banjo is great...and uh, 55 songs from Terry?

I guess we did pretty good with music.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
The 4 remaining WoL slots could also be for 4 standalone Echo Fighters that could be released alongside FP2.
I’d like that because with 4 echoes both stacked and unstacked would (I think) be a perfect rectangle. Though that was the case with Vol 1, not sure if the exact number changed after 2.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
After the Fire Emblem music we got with Byleth, I can only hope we continue to get characters that can bring excellent soundtracks with them.

Though, I suppose Joker did as well. Hero would have been amazing if they weren’t MIDI. Banjo is great...and uh, 55 songs from Terry?

Imo the post launch Smash content include some of the best music of the whole game (and that's saying a lot considering the quality of the base game soundtrack). Persona, Banjo, SNK and FE Three houses bring some of the best music, and we even got one Undertale and Cuphead music as a bonus. Music is ony of my favorite part of the crossover that is Smash, even when I'm not that excited about a fighter, I'm always looking forward to some good music and I hope that will continue in the future.

Kokiden

Smash Ace
Ya think they will keep us in the dark until E3?

I hope not.

If the second season pass's purpose is to sustain interest and longevity, such a large gap for the first piece of news is not very smart marketing.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
interesting off the wall topic:

Joker's the first character to have a unique victory screen transition, even when you beat a Spirit on the Spirit Board. Think any other characters might have a unique transition that serves as an homage to their source material and if so which?
Well considering if they instakill in their Final Smash:
Amaterasu: Camera spins around Ammy before doing her victory howl.

Rayman: His humble victory cheer from
Rayman Advance.

Sora: The screen freezes, then fades to white when he defeats his enemies, and pans to alternate victory screen of him closing a keyhole with Riku, and Kairi.

Sakura: Perhaps a nod to Project X Zone(0:30). When Sakura Final Smash is at killing percent, you the hear Sakura Wars theme song (extra points if they use the old or new version of the song depending if you use Sakura Shinguji (original), or Sakura Amamiya (new/alt costume)) after killing her opponents, Sakura does a victory pose and the camera takes her picture.
Broke: Rex
Woke: Ardainian Soldier
A S C E N D E D: ZEKE VON GENBU, CHAOTIC BRINGER OF CHAOS

That's THE ZEKENATOR to you XD

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend

Unpopular opinion, I think the DQ music is perfectly fine as is.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Or he would be if he actually synergize with any of the other party members. As is he's just less useful Rex (at least in my run).
EDIT: Just like how Morág is a less useful Torra, which I don't understand because he doesn't even have three Blades.

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
So here's a new game. Pick your 6 predicted characters, but give 4 of them an echo to make a perfect 10.

My Fighter's Pass

Lloyd Irving(Tales)
Dante(Devil May Cry)
Sol Badguy(Guilty Gear)
Ryu Hayabusa(Ninja Gaiden)
2B(Nier)
Death(Darksiders)

Echoes

Cless Alvane(Lloyd)
Nero(Dante)
Kasumi(Ryu)
A2(2B)

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
So here's a new game. Pick your 6 predicted characters, but give 4 of them an echo to make a perfect 10.

My Fighter's Pass

Lloyd Irving(Tales)
Dante(Devil May Cry)
Sol Badguy(Guilty Gear)
2B(Nier)
Death(Darksiders)

Echoes

Cless Alvane(Lloyd)
Nero(Dante)
Kasumi(Ryu)
A2(2B)
Nero and Kasumi fight nothing like Dante and Hayabusa respectively though.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion

My Fighter's Pass

Lloyd Irving(Tales)
Dante(Devil May Cry)
Sol Badguy(Guilty Gear)
2B(Nier)
Death(Darksiders)

Echoes

Cless Alvane(Lloyd)
Nero(Dante)
Kasumi(Ryu)
A2(2B)
The pass:
Dante (Devil may cry)
Arle (puyo puyo)
Steve (Minecraft)
Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja gaiden)
Travis Touchdown (No more heroes)
2B (Nier automata)

Echoes:
Vergil (Dante)
Amitie (Arle)
Henry Cooldown (Travis)
9S (2B)

Invisible Shiny Bulbasaur

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BigUglyMan-Doll
Imo the post launch Smash content include some of the best music of the whole game (and that's saying a lot considering the quality of the base game soundtrack). Persona, Banjo, SNK and FE Three houses bring some of the best music, and we even got one Undertale and Cuphead music as a bonus. Music is ony of my favorite part of the crossover that is Smash, even when I'm not that excited about a fighter, I'm always looking forward to some good music and I hope that will continue in the future.
The soundtrack is one of my favorite parts, too. I've literally spent hours on My Music, obsessively customizing the track list for each stage.
And with each newcomer that joins the roster, the music they bring with them is one of the most exciting things for me. Mega Man, Simon and Richter, K. Rool, and Banjo & Kazooie all brought some fantastic songs with them.

I'd really love to have some music from Shovel Knight, Crypt of the NecroDancer, Chrono Trigger, Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap, Portal, Doom, Halo, and Minecraft. Even if it's just one track from each series.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
People here haven't watched gameplay of a DMC game, let alone played one and it really shows.

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
*sees people saying Nero and Vergil as Dante echoes*

...I suggest y'all play Devil May Cry games and see why that just wouldn't work at all...

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I'd really love to have some music from Shovel Knight, Crypt of the NecroDancer, Chrono Trigger, Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap, Portal, Doom, Halo, and Minecraft. Even if it's just one track from each series.
Ooooooooh. Music from Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap (and by extension, Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom) would be great. Also, I demand Hyper Camelot!

...I suggest y'all play Devil May Cry games and show why that just wouldn't work at all...
*Plays the first one*

"Yup. Dante would make a perfect Nero Echo Fighter!"

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I dunno, these guys seem really similar to Dante...

These guys would totally be echoes. They're practically identical. No differences at all in any way, shape, or form. :^)

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
People here haven't watched gameplay of a DMC game, let alone played one and it really shows.

...I suggest y'all play Devil May Cry games and show why that just wouldn't work at all...
I've played all 5 DMC games. I know they're different in their own games, but echo aren't always identical. If you played Castlevania you know that Richter and Simon have different moves. Also Chrom showed that an echo doesn't need to be 100% identical.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom