• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
So here's a new game. Pick your 6 predicted characters, but give 4 of them an echo to make a perfect 10.

My Fighter's Pass

Lloyd Irving(Tales)
Dante(Devil May Cry)
Sol Badguy(Guilty Gear)
Ryu Hayabusa(Ninja Gaiden)
2B(Nier)
Death(Darksiders)

Echoes

Cless Alvane(Lloyd)
Nero(Dante)
Kasumi(Ryu)
A2(2B)
Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden)
Kasumi (DoA)

Dante (DMC)

Urshifu (Pokemon)
Mienshao (Pokemon)

Steve (Minecraft)
Alex/Jesse (Minecraft/Minecraft Story Mode)

Waluigi (Mario)

Heihachi (Tekken)
Kazuya (Tekken)

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Personally, I found the track selection from the Dragon Quest series to be incredibly bland. It's a shame they didn't have more freedom with it. I dunno much about Dragon Quest music but I'm sure its got at least one track that's a bop.
I think part of that might be that the composer for Dragon quest was an experienced anime composer when he was hired to do the Dragon quest songs originally. It shows, these songs feel like perfect background music in an anime but feel kinda weird as videogame music.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
So here's a new game. Pick your 6 predicted characters, but give 4 of them an echo to make a perfect 10.

My Fighter's Pass

Lloyd Irving(Tales)
Dante(Devil May Cry)
Sol Badguy(Guilty Gear)
2B(Nier)
Death(Darksiders)

Echoes

Cless Alvane(Lloyd)
Nero(Dante)
Kasumi(Ryu)
A2(2B)
-Steve
-Geno
-Crash
-Waluigi
-Lloyd
-Dante

Echoes:

-Alex (Steve)
-Coco (Crash)
-yeah idk

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
I've played all 5 DMC games. I know they're different in their own games, but echo aren't always identical. If you played Castlevania you know that Richter and Simon have different moves. Also Chrom showed that an echo doesn't need to be 100% identical.
True, you don't always have to be 100% the same to be an Echo. Thing is with those echoes, especially in the Ryu/Ken, Simon/Richter thing, they have very similar movesets in their games or at least very similar fighting styles: Ryu and Ken both use the same fighting style and Ken was a literal clone at one point, Simon and Richter are both Belmonts with the same weapon which makes them quite similar. It's just that Richter got more moves then Simon and some moves function differently like Richter's Holy Water.

Dante, Vergil and Nero play nothing alike and have vastly different styles of fighting: Dante is smoking sick with a big focus on style, Nero is aggressive and wild while Vergil's is calm and focused yet fast and precise.

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
don't see Meowth or Eevee being brought up at all despite them being big figures of TPCi's marketing recently
I really want both Meowth and Eevee, but especially Meowth, so bad. :(

For over 20 years both Meowth and Eevee contributed a lot to the Pokémon franchise and I think they earned the privilege to be playable fighters in Smash.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
The literal only scenario in which Vergil is an echo of Dante is if for some reason, over Rebellion or Devil Sword Dante, you gave Dante the Yamato from the 5 seconds he used it in DMC4.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
True, you don't always have to be 100% the same to be an Echo. Thing is with those echoes, especially in the Ryu/Ken, Simon/Richter thing, they have very similar movesets in their games or at least very similar fighting styles: Ryu and Ken both use the same fighting style and Ken was a literal clone at one point, Simon and Richter are both Belmonts with the same weapon which makes them quite similar. It's just that Richter got more moves then Simon and some moves function differently like Richter's Holy Water.

Dante, Vergil and Nero play nothing alike and have vastly different styles of fighting: Dante is smoking sick style, Nero is aggressive and wild and Vergil's is calm, focused yet fast and precise.
Oh yeah don't get me wrong, I agree that having Nero or Vergil is a big stretch, I just gave the idea because of the the theme of the game and I don't really have any other idea, so I wrote what is the most possible out of what I had in my pass.

Last edited:

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
The literal only scenario in which Vergil is an echo of Dante is if for some reason, over Rebellion or Devil Sword Dante, you gave Dante the Yamato from the 5 seconds he used it in DMC4.
And even then, I do not think Dante would wield and use the Yamato the exact same way with the exact same proficiency, efficiency and style as Vergil does. He knows how to use it, but Vergil knows that blade front to back while Dante is seen with it with nowhere near as much time as Vergil.

D

Deleted member

I'm pretty bewildered how almost a couple of people here regressed to looking at every single 4chan leak knowing that nothing of value is exactly coming from them. I've seen stuff here regarding the 4chan Akuma leak and to be honest, if this is what we're going to talk about all day then we might as well discuss on a random piece of fake news.

This mentality has to be controlled unless you don't wanna start thread wars again.

I have nothing to say for the Spirit discussions here. If it's there, it's there. No objection. Sorry, this isn't an Ace Attorney joke.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I'm pretty bewildered how almost a couple of people here regressed to looking at every single 4chan leak knowing that nothing of value is exactly coming from them. I've seen stuff here regarding the 4chan Akuma leak and to be honest, if this is what we're going to talk about all day then we might as well discuss on a random piece of fake news.

This mentality has to be controlled unless you don't wanna start thread wars again.

I have nothing to say for the Spirit discussions here. If it's there, it's there. No objection. Sorry, this isn't an Ace Attorney joke.
I'd rather talk about some rando 4chan leak that leads into discussing a different character over rehashing the exact same old spirits and first party arguments between the exact same people every day.

Kokiden

Smash Ace
The pass:
Dante (Devil may cry)
Arle (puyo puyo)
Steve (Minecraft)
Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja gaiden)
Travis Touchdown (No more heroes)
2B (Nier automata)

Echoes:
Vergil (Dante)
Amitie (Arle)
Henry Cooldown (Travis)
9S (2B)
Vergil would not work as a Dante clone. At all.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238

My Fighter's Pass

Lloyd Irving(Tales)
Dante(Devil May Cry)
Sol Badguy(Guilty Gear)
2B(Nier)
Death(Darksiders)

Echoes

Cless Alvane(Lloyd)
Nero(Dante)
Kasumi(Ryu)
A2(2B)
Doomguy
Mike Jones
Ryu Hayabusa € Ayame
Rash € Zits
Metal Sonic € Emerl
Billy Lee € Jimmy Lee

Last edited:

zeldasmash

Smash Lord

My Fighter's Pass

Lloyd Irving(Tales)
Dante(Devil May Cry)
Sol Badguy(Guilty Gear)
2B(Nier)
Death(Darksiders)

Echoes

Cless Alvane(Lloyd)
Nero(Dante)
Kasumi(Ryu)
A2(2B)
Fighter Pass

Dante (Devil May Cry)
Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden)
Master Chief (Halo)
Crash (Crash Bandicoot)
Sora (Kingdom Hearts)
Travis Touchdown (No More Heroes)

Echoes

Kasumi (Hayabusa)
Roxas or Riku (Sora)

Can't think of the top of my head potential echoes for the rest.

Banado_Boy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Banado_Boy
Switch FC
SW-3619-0087-7500

My Fighter's Pass

Lloyd Irving(Tales)
Dante(Devil May Cry)
Sol Badguy(Guilty Gear)
2B(Nier)
Death(Darksiders)

Echoes

Cless Alvane(Lloyd)
Nero(Dante)
Kasumi(Ryu)
A2(2B)
Crash + Coco echo (Crash Bandicoot)
KOS-MOS + T-elos echo (Xenosaga)
Ragna (BlazBlue)
Reimu + Sanae echo (Touhou)
Sora + Roxas echo (Kingdom Hearts)
Travis (No More Heroes)

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
1. Ryu Hayabusa [Ninja Gaiden]
2. Bill Rizer/Lance Bean [Contra]
3. Arthur [Ghosts ‘n Goblins]
4. Kunio/Riki [River City Ransom]
5. Bub/Bob [Bubble Bobble]
6. Captain Toad/Toadette [Treasure Tracker]

To be honest, I think most of those(Lance, Bob, Toadette) should just be alt costumes, not full echoes, but the rules were what they were.

Personally, I found the track selection from the Dragon Quest series to be incredibly bland. It's a shame they didn't have more freedom with it. I dunno much about Dragon Quest music but I'm sure its got at least one track that's a bop.
Real talk: Dragon Quest music is nowhere near as good as, say, Final Fantasy or Chrono Trigger music.

Those DQ3 and 4 tracks are actually some of the best. I recommend just listening to the soundtrack to the Builders games. It has most of the franchises best tracks in it.

If you played Castlevania you know that Richter and Simon have different moves.
I mean, not really. Richter just has MORE moves. He does everything Simon does. He's like Simon Plus.

Even at their most basic level, Dante, Virgil and Nero play completely differently. People are acting like they're Ryu, Ken and Akuma. But they're more like Ryu, Guile and Vega.

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."

My Fighter's Pass

Lloyd Irving(Tales)
Dante(Devil May Cry)
Sol Badguy(Guilty Gear)
2B(Nier)
Death(Darksiders)

Echoes

Cless Alvane(Lloyd)
Nero(Dante)
Kasumi(Ryu)
A2(2B)
Kyo Kusanagi (The King of Fighters)
Nightmare (Soul Calibur)
Master Chief (Halo)
Zero (Mega Man)
Leon Kennedy (Resident Evil)
Dante (Devil Many Cry)

Kusanagi (Kyo)
Siegfried (Nightmare)
Noble Six (Master Chief)
Layer/Model ZX (dependant on if MMX Zero or MMZ Zero is used for the base)

Last edited:

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
So the Fighter’s Pass costs the same as 4 of the 5 bundles individually, yeah? Meaning the 3rd party owners get the same amount whether you buy the Pass or the individual pack. That might be a simple logistical reason why one character was first party and a good reason to expect just one more character to be first party in the second pass (assuming it costs the same as buying 5 of the 6 fighters individually).

Probably going to be a Pokémon with their Spirit Board will be based specifically on DLC/Galar exclusive content.
-individual Rillaboom, Intelleon and Kickbunny spirits with Gigantamax forms a la the Three House idiot lords
-Gigantamax Pikachu and Gigantamax Charizard spitits
-DLC exclusive additions
Only question is how TPC and Nintendo handle paying for the IP. Do TPC just let them use it for free and pocket the profits in exchange for doing no work and getting great advertising?

D

Deleted member

So guys I finally made a moveset for Master chief using halo 4’s forge mode on the master chief collection here’s what I came up with.

:GCB:-Assault riffle: acts the same like the ones in the games. To keep the age rating down it would fire like the:ultgunner: side smash and no bullet shells will come out. Mostly it’s like a button holding move and at some point reload
:GCL::GCR::GCB:-Sword lunge: he’ll use the energy sword and thrust in front of the opponent. If it hits the fighter then the battery of the sword will decrease like the ones in the games and once your all out then you can’t replenish the used energy until your ko’d just like :ultbanjokazooie: wonder wing ability. However you can still hit the fighter with the out of battery energy sword but the damage will be tiny.
:GCU::GCB:-Jetpack: it will act like :ultrob: with a gauge on it so nothing special here.
:GCD::GCB:-Grenade: he’ll throw a grenade just like :ultsnake: and holding it down will determine how far you want it to go but if you use this move very close to your opponent then you stick a plasma grenade on them dealing lots of damage.
:disco::GCB:-Warthog Run: Chief will pull out a rocket launcher and he’ll hit how many opponents are caught in it (the max is 3) Flying them off and it will cut to a cinematic where they landed on the ground of installation 04(that’s the stage btw) an chief will come in riding on the front seat of a warthog with marines driving it and he’ll Finish of the final smash with firing the spartan laser at the opponents dealing massive damage Flying them off after it.

:GCX::GCL::GCR::GCA:-plasma riffle

:GCCL::GCCR:-plasma pistol: it will act like :ultmegaman: smash attack

:GCCD:-Gravity Hammer

and the rest I’m thinking will be a few more weapon moves and his physical attacks would act like:ultsnake:.

all right so basically I just gave a legendary piece of gaming history and Xbox’s flagship mascot the master chief a moveset.

what do you think? Doesn’t this look fun?

Last edited by a moderator:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I know I missed the discussion after the obviously fake Akuma leak. But I'm a huge advocate for some of the Third Party franchises already in getting more characters if possible. They have some really cool extended cast members, just like Mario, Zelda or Pokemon. I am glad that Metroid got to expand itself this game. Ridley's still one of my most used characters.

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
You guys remember when Best Buy leaked the Joker render? What if we got an entire reveal trailer playing on one of the TVs in there when they meant to just play some ad for the Switch Lite
I feel that if we got Geno or Doomguy or some other highly popular character in that way, it wouldn’t even matter who they were.

P.Kat

Smash Champion

My Fighter's Pass

Lloyd Irving(Tales)
Dante(Devil May Cry)
Sol Badguy(Guilty Gear)
2B(Nier)
Death(Darksiders)

Echoes

Cless Alvane(Lloyd)
Nero(Dante)
Kasumi(Ryu)
A2(2B)
Amaterasu
Elma
Sakura Shinguji
Kat
Sora
Spyro

Echoes
Sakura Amamiya (Sakura Shinguji (admittedly she should be an alt costume))
Raven (Kat)
Roxas (Sora)
Cynder (Spyro (I'm basically cheating on this one since Spyro uses fire, ice, lightning, and earth breath attacks. While Cynder uses wind, shadow, fear, and poison breath attacks.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

What if we got an entire reveal trailer playing on one of the TVs in there when they meant to just play some ad for the Switch Lite
Hmm...I'd like to be optimistic, be we're literally days away from the next possible Direct announcement.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I hope this means good news for our hero Fulgore.
Honestly, there's quite a few Microsoft-owned characters who would work alone. Fulgore, Master Chief, Steve.

Though the question is who else would be a great front runner. Banjo was the last of the four(I don't mean in last place. Though I will note I viewed Steve as most likely, followed by Chief, and then Banjo. Fulgore I didn't even consider on the table, tbh)., though arguably it was just three with Chief, Steve, and Banjo in the first place. It helps that Fulgore isn't much of a recognizable character overall. Sadly.

Last edited:

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887

My Fighter's Pass

Lloyd Irving(Tales)
Dante(Devil May Cry)
Sol Badguy(Guilty Gear)
2B(Nier)
Death(Darksiders)

Echoes

Cless Alvane(Lloyd)
Nero(Dante)
Kasumi(Ryu)
A2(2B)
Predictions
Dante
Phoenix Wright
2B
Shantae
Crash
Swsh rep (most likely Toxtricity)

Echoes
Apollo (Phoenix)
A2 (2B)
Risky Boots (Shantae ig)
Zeraora (Toxtricity)

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
After the Fire Emblem music we got with Byleth, I can only hope we continue to get characters that can bring excellent soundtracks with them.

Though, I suppose Joker did as well. Hero would have been amazing if they weren’t MIDI. Banjo is great...and uh, 55 songs from Terry?

I guess we did pretty good with music.
Bruh we aren't about to act like 11th Street and Stormy Saxophone aren't heat remixes.

*sees people saying Nero and Vergil as Dante echoes*

...I suggest y'all play Devil May Cry games and show why that just wouldn't work at all...
Oh boy I can't wait for Vergil to only use Force Edge so he can be like Dante.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
The more people talk about Mister Chef in Smash the less I become amenable to Steven J. Minecraft, lol.

Blockhead has the merits for it an all, but I just feel the shockwaves of Ol' Halo himself in Smash would resonate a lot more profoundly. Outside of, y'know, that island where they actually choose the characters. Plus personally I have many a family member and/or friend who would lose it over MC (I suspect some would pick up a Switch for it), and, frankly, I don't think I know anyone who'd have a comparable reaction to Steve.

And that's not an indictment of Steve, it's just more a reflection of the esteem in which I see Master Chief being held.

Though the anklebiters in my family do seem over Minecraft. But nowadays we usually just remain at a gaming impasse where they tell me to play Fortnite and I tell them to play Chrono Trigger.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
*sees people saying Nero and Vergil as Dante echoes*

...I suggest y'all play Devil May Cry games and show why that just wouldn't work at all...
I feel like Vergil using guns would be akin to Ganondorf using nothing but punches and kicks.
1580533818194.png

Like, he's technically done it once or twice, but it's not exactly integral enough to the character to justify building an entire moveset around.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Honestly, there's quite a few Microsoft-owned characters who would work alone. Fulgore, Master Chief, Steve.

Though the question is who else would be a great front runner. Banjo was the last of the four(I don't mean in last place. Though I will note I viewed Steve as most likely, followed by Chief, and then Banjo. Fulgore I didn't even consider on the table, tbh)., though arguably it was just three with Chief, Steve, and Banjo in the first place. It helps that Fulgore isn't much of a recognizable character overall. Sadly.
I think Fulgore's chances at least partially depend on whether or not the developers want the next Microsoft character (assuming we get another one) to also be another Rare character.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I think Fulgore's chances at least partially depend on whether or not the developers want the next Microsoft character (assuming we get another one) to also be another Rare character.
Keep in mind Rareware practically is gone anyway. They also clearly appeal to different groups. Banjo was from a franchise that was kept on life support at best(thanks to Rare Replay and constant advertisement) while Killer Instinct got a full-out reboot done by a different developer and had many many changes. They could appeal to the Nintendo fans, or they could go with KI's general fanbase to appeal to.

Microsoft in general has multiple fanbases now. Banjo's was the one focused on nostalgia due to a lack of new games. The rest are a different story.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
The more people talk about Mister Chef in Smash the less I become amenable to Steven J. Minecraft, lol.

Blockhead has the merits for it an all, but I just feel the shockwaves of Ol' Halo himself in Smash would resonate a lot more profoundly. Outside of, y'know, that island where they actually choose the characters. Plus personally I have many a family member and/or friend who would lose it over MC (I suspect some would pick up a Switch for it), and, frankly, I don't think I know anyone who'd have a comparable reaction to Steve.

And that's not an indictment of Steve, it's just more a reflection of the esteem in which I see Master Chief being held.

Though the anklebiters in my family do seem over Minecraft. But nowadays we usually just remain at a gaming impasse where they tell me to play Fortnite and I tell them to play Chrono Trigger.
Both could be pretty huge. Just that different generations would care more than the other. Halo was a series I've been wanting to get into one of these days, especially when there's more disposable income to spend. And it's probably the single most important franchise born out of the 2000's as far as games go. Though DMC's also pretty important, it's genre is more niche than FPS games. Given what it's done for online gaming and all that.

Minecraft's something most of the younger generation enjoys, but it's also an incredibly huge game. Since so many characters kind of appeal to 80's and 90's era games(though really many of them had huge games in the 2000's and now), I wouldn't be surprised if 1 or 2 down the line were for the newer generations like Joker. But I guess Halo would still count as that, at least compared to Terry and Banjo. But I dunno how much that'll actually matter.

On a personal level, I'd probably care more about John Halo a hell of a lot more. He looks cool, and sometimes that's just enough for me to be "Aight, this guy's dope."

ZelDan

Smash Master
Just compromise and have all of you play Dragon Quest Builders.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom