• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Byleth's female outfit looks like someone made her in Soul Calibur lol (I have no issues with the character's inclusion, I just think her shorts + leggings or whatever it is looks really dumb).

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Byleth's female outfit looks like someone made her in Soul Calibur lol (I have no issues with the character's inclusion, I just think her shorts + leggings or whatever it is looks really dumb).
You and every Fire Emblem fan on the planet.
I haven't met a single person that hasn't seen FByleth compared to MByleth and not say "Yeah, this looks kinda dumb."

Of course, Smash fans online are horny as hell, so I suppose the FByleth version will get infinitely more traction and attention than the MByleth variant.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Just out of curiosity, how many of you guys have heard of the Atelier series? how much of you have never heard of it before the eshop getting tons of atelier games? and have had some negative experiences with the series?

I meanwhile never have been a mainstream series, is a series that have been on PSX, Sega Saturn, GBA, PS2, DS, PS3, Vita, PS4, PC and Switch with over 20 main games. although only started getting to the west during ps2 era onwards.
I was really planning on getting into the series and wanted to with Atelier Ryza. Unfortunately in hindsight I chose over Death Stranding over it.
I was planning getting over Christmas for Switch but for some unknown reason you can't get physical copies in Europe which pisses me off.

It's the type of game I've been wanting to play for a while. A fantasy slice of life kind of RPG.

StarBot

Smash Lord
NNID
TheStarBot
You and every Fire Emblem fan on the planet.
I haven't met a single person that hasn't seen FByleth compared to MByleth and not say "Yeah, this looks kinda dumb."

Of course, Smash fans online are horny as hell, so I suppose the FByleth version will get infinitely more traction and attention than the MByleth variant.
I fell like, even back then, I was the only one who was on board with F!Byleth desgin

Legitimately that's the only reason why deep down I personally wanted her in Smash, because this fandom loves it's girls, and I secretly wanted more art of her, hee hee (´-﹏-`;)

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
I can’t believe they’re finally gonna put Bowser in Smash
I was more thinking about if he is gonna be apart of an upcoming direct for the rumored RareReplay & MCC and/or talk with Nintendo about some stuff for the fighters pass like some Mii Costumes or something

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Time for another game: Let's say that Fighters Pass 2 brings us six more "deluxe" Mii Fighter costumes like Sans and Cuphead, one for each Fighters Pass character (who the character is doesn't matter in this case), each one bringing at least one music track. Who would you want to see as "deluxe" costumes and what music tracks would they come with?
My list will be continuing on the trend of Indies with Sans & Cuphead:

:ultbrawler: Madeline (Celeste) - Music Track: Reach for the Summit / Confronting Myself (Remix)

:ultswordfighter: Cadence (Crypt of the Necromancer) - Music Track: Disco Descent (Original)

:ultgunner: Gunvolt (Azure Striker Gunvolt) - Music Track: Reincarnation (Original)

Animegamingnerd

Smash Ace
Last edited:

Gamma Ray

Smash Apprentice
I fell like, even back then, I was the only one who was on board with F!Byleth desgin

Legitimately that's the only reason why deep down I personally wanted her in Smash, because this fandom loves it's girls, and I secretly wanted more art of her, hee hee (´-﹏-`;)
I don't really mind the design, though I went with male Byleth regardless. I may just alternate between the two when they're in Smash haha. What I will say though is that while I don't mind revealing outfits, it always strikes me as odd when the female version is more revealing and the male version is completely covered. At least give them the same treatment.

StarBot

Smash Lord
NNID
TheStarBot
I don't really mind the design, though I went with male Byleth regardless. I may just alternate between the two when they're in Smash haha. What I will say though is that while I don't mind revealing outfits, it always strikes me as odd when the female version is more revealing and the male version is completely covered. At least give them the same treatment.
As a bi, I 100% agree wholeheartedly

Give M!Byleth some exposed ******* please

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Just out of curiosity, how many of you guys have heard of the Atelier series? how much of you have never heard of it before the eshop getting tons of atelier games? and have had some negative experiences with the series?
I'm aware of it but never played one. It's a JRPG series about cute anime girls doing alchemy.

I think MByleth's design is really boring and FByleth's is at least interesting.

Last edited:

GillyGrime

Smash Journeyman
What are people’s thoughts on Rayman’s chances? I’m conflicted with the two Ubisoft Miis being revealed.

On one hand it seems like they’d be revealed with a Rayman challenger pack, making it seem like a negative.

But on the other hand, Rayman being the most popular Ubisoft character would make him prime candidate for a « sorry here’s a Mii Brawler costume » consolation.

I don’t quite know how to interpret it

D

Deleted member

What are people’s thoughts on Rayman’s chances? I’m conflicted with the two Ubisoft Miis being revealed.

On one hand it seems like they’d be revealed with a Rayman challenger pack, making it seem like a negative.

But on the other hand, Rayman being the most popular Ubisoft character would make him prime candidate for a « sorry here’s a Mii Brawler costume » consolation.

I still feel positive about Rayman, tbh.

Dinoman96

Smash Master

Rayman is like totally super unpopular and obscure in Japan and he's probably not really requested enough to get Sakurai's notice, so I wouldn't hold your breath.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
rayman legends sold 1,435 copies in its first week in japan

he's not happening

MisterMike

Smash Champion
KoF XV just got a leaked screenshot

https://www.snk-corp.co.jp/recruit/staff/nakata.php

This picture is the perfect representation of internet arguments, I love it.

Ehh, I'm 50/50 about it. It could happen, but I think them including two Ubisoft costumes does kind of hurt his chances a little bit. Not a deal breaker by any means, but if they had plans for Rayman they most likely would've held those off to release them alongside Rayman.

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Rayman is like totally super unpopular and obscure in Japan and he's probably not really requested enough to get Sakurai's notice, so I wouldn't hold your breath.
Despite the fact that Rayman would be among my top 10, I don't see him happening, really. Even when it comes to promotions, I think several other Spirits/ATs would have him beat.

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Are the Rabbids or Assassin’s Creed bigger successes there though?
mario+rabbids and AC: odyssey essentially topped charts upon release in japan

iirc altair in particular is oddly popular in japan, which is probably why he got the mii costume and not someone like ezio

1579635900102.png

1579635924684.png

GillyGrime

Smash Journeyman
mario+rabbids and AC: odyssey essentially topped charts upon release in japan

iirc altair in particular is oddly popular in japan, which is probably why he got the mii costume and not someone like ezio

View attachment 259056
View attachment 259057
Ahh interesting, I didn’t know. Not that I’m expecting a Rayman playable but I’d be surprised if Rabbids and Ezio got a costume but Rayman didn’t. Especially with the Rayman trophy in 4

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I wonder how they would do a rayman mii costume. I'd suppose they'd transparant the limbs, though how would it look with other mii parts?

Would have been nice to see that at least if he wasn't going to be playable...

Flyboy

Smash Hero
She was actually one of the first characters I made in Soulcalibur VI actually, so you may be onto something.

I actually really like her design. It's a little dumb and I'd tweak it slightly (slightly more normal translucent tights, a proper chest window instead of stomach, make MByleth more revealing to match) but as it stands it's rather endearing. It makes me smile because it's dumb and her facial expression makes it seem like she's constantly thinking of really obtuse and weird things to say to the kids and that makes me laugh.

GillyGrime

Smash Journeyman
I wonder how they would do a rayman mii costume. I'd suppose they'd transparant the limbs, though how would it look with other mii parts?

Would have been nice to see that at least if he wasn't going to be playable...
I think a limbless Brawler costume could woek as a premium costume like Sans or Cuphead. As long as the hitboxes are the same. (I’d obviously prefer playable though)

ZelDan

Smash Master
I'm going to use the Edelgard alt for female Byleth, which gives her better looking stalkings, so there's that.

that said, I don't really mind female Byleth's default look that much.

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
If they, instead, are going for "highly requested first party", I don't see a lot of them too. I don't see Bandana Waddle Dee and Dixie bringing much to the table. Waluigi is a mixed bag (maybe if they are giving him some kind of "cheating" mechanic). I'm certainly biased, but if there are first party newcomers, I see first and foremost Elma, Isaac, Advance Wars rep, Rhythm Heaven rep and Paper Mario coming in, and for all of these, only if they are tied with a new unannounced game. All these five contenders can bring a gimmick:
  • Elma: weapon switching and skells
  • Isaac: elemental attunement and/or djinn management
  • Advance Wars: like @Cheezey Bites said here, it could be a "summoner" character, summoning somewhat independant units to control the battlefield
  • Rhythm Heaven: rhythm can mean precised inputs
  • Paper Mario: the "paper" thing is full of potential for gimmicks
You will have understood that I believe in assist trophy upgrade in this second pass (I didn't believe it at all for the first one), and mostly for Isaac if a Golden Sun game is on its way (which is still within the realm of the possible considering we don't know what are doing the developers Camelot Software). I seriously can't understand how people forget that easily about Isaac when talking about AT upgrade when he was and is still one of the most requested of the "old guard" that didn't get in in the base roster like K-Rool and Ridley, or by DLC like Banjo; tied with Geno; and despite the objective fact that he has what can be asked of a DLC character: fan support (including outcry and buzz before the launch of the game), new gameplay potential, great stage potential, great musics, spirits and, for first-party, the potential to be a promotional pick.
Why is it that Banjo doesn't need a new game, just massive fan service to get in, yet the same can't be applied to Isaac?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom