• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Droodle

Smash Lord
Man, I cannot wait for the direct to be confirmed. Not because of Smash (although that is exciting), but I'm more excited to see what's going to come in 2020. Paper Mario Sequel ? Bayo 3 ? New 2D/3D Metroid ? Pretty excited for all of those.

D

Deleted member

I haven't seen that avatar of mine in a long time.

Memories...
This ****'s old. I loved it.

I know it wasn't as iconic, but Jiggy is Unbreakable was personally really momentous for me.

Jiggy_is_Unbreakable.png

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

What in the actual **** is going on? lol
Not much. We got into a "leaker" who's most likely fake and Sakurai posted a new pic of the day which probs means nothing.

Now it's just Adults Swim hours

Which means ****posting time. I'm going down memory lane with the bets.

D

Deleted member

D

Deleted member

I just love how I went from Hero to Villain just for the heck of it. That reminds me, gotta play at least Bubsy 3D. Will let you know when I'm playing it, at least I should stream part of it.
Do tell. I gotta see how bad that game is

D

Deleted member

Guess nothing worthwhile had transpired. Maybe Fate doesn't want me to watch the Direct with you guys, so I think everyone is almost pointing to February

Wrathful_Scythe

Smash Journeyman
Man, I cannot wait for the direct to be confirmed. Not because of Smash (although that is exciting), but I'm more excited to see what's going to come in 2020. Paper Mario Sequel ? Bayo 3 ? New 2D/3D Metroid ? Pretty excited for all of those.
Sudden F-Zero revival and a new Advance Wars Let's go!. I know, I know. Such wishes are unrealistic.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
We still have until Monday. If the "New" doesn't disappear on the Smash Ultimate site by then we're probably looking at February.
Welp. Guess we'll be stuck here watching and waiting until February.

ezgif-6-6e3ede6ac026.gif

D... Did I miss something here? Why are we all doom and gloom on the next week before we've even reached it?

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Ah yes. The glory days.

View attachment 256823
That pic really takes me back. It's crazy to think that was almost a year ago when I bet my account, which led to all the chaos afterwards. Those were good times. I felt like I made some real connections with y'all, and it was a fun way to pass the time other than discussing the latest circular argument topics.

I really miss those days.

Last edited:

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
There are small murmurings that something Earthbound related is coming... so, FP5 has taken a backseat for me.

Still pumped though.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I wouldn't count your chickens until they hatch on this. I'm going to retain my thoughts on this.

AlgusUnderdunk

Smash Ace
Hey, don't descend into grumbles, do what I do and let the combination of wild speculation and big eShop sales spurn into a shopping spree! Devil May Cry! Katamari Damacy! Touhou Azure Reflections! Original Doom! Doom 2016! Phoenix Wright Trilogy! Guilty Gear! Blaster Master! Shantae! Crash Trilogy! Minecraft! Digimon Story! Turok! Arcade Archives Ninja Gaiden! Okami! River City Girls! You have until the next announcement to become a diehard fan of as many franchises as possible! Become the person who elbows your friends and says, "actually that's from the THIRD game in the series!"

Just don't start with DMC2, I know the smaller memory size will be oh so tempting but go for DMC1.

Last edited:

SimonferSmash

Smash Apprentice
I wish some folks would just appreciate these twitter posts as fun and cute in game pictures from Sakurai instead of just assuming they relate to FP5.....

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I wish some folks would just appreciate these twitter posts as fun and cute in game pictures from Sakurai instead of just assuming they relate to FP5.....
I don't get why people are so against others looking farther into pictures for hints. It's fun. Even if it, almost definitely, means nothing. It's speculation. Let people have fun.

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Agree.
This is the whole thing in a nutshell:
*Sakurai releases Twitter photo of Smash*
Smash Fans: "(insert random requested character) is Fighter 5!"

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Fwiw I think most people do enjoy them just as nice little snapshots from a man who clearly loves what he does (I mean look at the likes on that one tweet), but most appreciation is silent, while it only takes a few vocal Pepe Silvias to throw off the vibe.

D

Deleted member

This is just Smasher mentality of those being left to dry out in the sun with no news whatsoever.

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
Now I'm really hoping next week has a direct because I'm currently pissed off that my team went one and done in the playoffs.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Good ol' days indeed.
Do...Do I want to know?

I don't get why people are so against others looking farther into pictures for hints. It's fun. Even if it, almost definitely, means nothing. It's speculation. Let people have fun.
BECAUSE WE MUST BE RIGHT DANGIT! Baseless conjecture has no place here. It obstructs the truth! Off topic memes though? Totally fine. We all need a little levity from time to time.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Now I'm really hoping next week has a direct because I'm currently pissed off that my team went one and done in the playoffs.
Same. I kinda just want **** to be over it because I don't want to hang around here while I'm studying for school.

On second thought I miss posting Les Miserables memes. ONE DAY MORE....

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
So what I'm predicting from the upcoming Nintendo Direct:

First Party

- The next DLC character for Smash
- BoTW2
- Xenoblade HD
- Those 2 rumored Wii U ports to Switch
- Anything Mother related(a man can always dream)
- Another Mario game

Third Party

- Bayonetta 3
- Devil May Cry 3
- The Tales of News the NoA Ambassador mentioned
- Darksiders Genesis
- Metro port
- Red Dead Redemption 2 port

RaintheCriminalWhirlwind

Smash Journeyman
Let's play a game. Sakurai makes an anime smash Bros. What would be the roster?
Rules:

1. Each anime has to have 3 reps
2. A total of 10 animes can be chosen
3. You can also add 5 unlockable characters from any of the 10 chosen anime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom