• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I've seen people seriously suggest that characters like Augumon or Kratos are not only likely but possibly even imminent.
Well I haven't.

Personally I think being more likely than highly doubtful choices doesn't speak much to your own character's chances.

SirCamp

Smash Ace
This is my first forum post of the year, so I wanna try something new. So... I usually participate in those fun little lists we make, but I never came up with a game of my own, and I kinda wanna try that.

I think one way to get folks hyped about characters is their movesets. So, I want to see if y'all can answer any (or all) of these, and I will try to provide detailed concepts for the one response that I like the most (bonus points if I pull this off before FP5's announcement). I hope that makes sense. If not, I'll try to explain it more eloquently.

List a character that:

1. You absolutely can't come up with a moveset for, even if ya tried. The wackier, the better.

2. You like that ya probably could make a moveset for, but don't feel like doing it (but you wouldn't mind reading about it)

3. A character you think deserves more awareness

4. You have little to no attachment to, but think they would be dope conceptually

This includes side characters and 4th party characters. Again... you don't have to answer every one, but it might help your odds. I'll provide a detailed concept for the one list I like most. If ya don't win, don't feel left out though! All participants will receive an internet hug in the form of one like. :052:
I would say:

1. Frogger

2. Jill Valentine

3. Story of Seasons Farmer. Duh.

4. A lot of characters fall into this category for me, but I'll list Andy from Advance Wars here since I think he and it deserve more love.

D

Deleted member

This is my first forum post of the year, so I wanna try something new. So... I usually participate in those fun little lists we make, but I never came up with a game of my own, and I kinda wanna try that.

I think one way to get folks hyped about characters is their movesets. So, I want to see if y'all can answer any (or all) of these, and I will try to provide detailed concepts for the one response that I like the most (bonus points if I pull this off before FP5's announcement). I hope that makes sense. If not, I'll try to explain it more eloquently.

List a character that:

1. You absolutely can't come up with a moveset for, even if ya tried. The wackier, the better.

2. You like that ya probably could make a moveset for, but don't feel like doing it (but you wouldn't mind reading about it)

4. You have little to no attachment to, but think they would be dope conceptually

This includes side characters and 4th party characters. Again... you don't have to answer every one, but it might help your odds. I'll provide a detailed concept for the one list I like most. If ya don't win, don't feel left out though! All participants will receive an internet hug in the form of one like. :052:
1) Morshu from the Zelda CD-I games

2) Reckless Wiimote guy

3) Duster from Mother 3

4) Andy from Advance/Nintendo Wars.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Really getting onto the idea of Travis, think that the series deserves it and I think NMH3 could be something really extravagant.

People should hop on board just in the interest of seeing what kind of a roller-coaster ride his reveal trailer would be.

Mango The Magician

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mango_Magician
Well I haven't.

Personally I think being more likely than highly doubtful choices doesn't speak much to your own character's chances.
I don't really think shes likely but then I don't think the vast majority of characters mentioned in this thread are likely.

I also don't think we're getting a second fighters pass or that the fighters pass is gonna end on a "bang." I'm just tired of her being immediately discredited when there's been a lot less likely choices brought up and seriously considered in this thread and elsewhere.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Fighter 5 will never live up to expectations.

But just as an exercise, pick 5 characters that you think would generate the most hype. NOT characters you personally would be hyped to have but characters that would make the internet explode.

Here are the one's I think would do it.

1. Sora
I don't think he's getting in and I don't care if he gets in or not but I do know he'd be one of the most hyped fighters ever.
2. Geno
The last of the old school fan requests. Even older Isaac.
3. Master Cheif
I'd prefer the Doom Slayer over him but I think Cheif would beat him in mass hype.
4. Hatsune Miku
Yeah this is weird one but Vocaloid is such a huge cultural phenomena in Japan it might be as big as Cheif in the West.
5. Steve
Yeah... It's not someone I want but with the huge amount of Minecraft love and just how much the series has impacted people's lives, such a character would make a big splash.

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Fighter 5 will never live up to expectations.

But just as an exercise, pick 5 characters that you think would generate the most hype. NOT characters you personally would be hyped to have but characters that would make the internet explode.

1. Sora
I don't think he's getting in and I don't care if he gets in or not but I do know he'd be one of the most hyped fighters ever.
2. Geno
The last of the old school fan requests. Even older Isaac.
3. Master Cheif
I'd prefer the Doom Slayer over him but I think Cheif would beat him in mass hype.
4. Hatsune Miku
Yeah this is weird one but Vocaloid is such a huge cultural phenomena in Japan it might be as big as Cheif in the West.
5. Steve
Yeah... It's not someone I want but with the huge amount of Minecraft love and just how much the series has impacted people's lives, such a character would make a big splash.
Replace 4 with Kratos or other big Sony character and I agree.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
4. Hatsune Miku
if u want to live up to expectations another hero/banjo culture gap isn't really the best route. something more universally loved and accepted, someone like sora or steve i guess? master chief and miku are just exclusively loved by those regions and not as exponentially large outside of it.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
if u want to live up to expectations another hero/banjo culture gap isn't really the best route. something more universally loved and accepted, someone like sora or steve i guess? master chief and miku are just exclusively loved by those regions and not as exponentially large outside of it.
At this point there are very very very few characters huge in both the Western world and Japan.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Honestly, the more I think about it, the more Saber from Fate/Stay seems like a possibility..I mean, the series itself is extremely popular and well known (at least in regards to Anime-styled things, particularly in Japan) and it did begin as a Visual Novel series, which is a game genre along with one not really represented in Smash Bros. yet. Saber would be another anime sword fighter, yes, but I think she could be a fun one too and could have alts in Saber Alter and Saber (Nero).

D

Deleted member

Whoever she/he is, all I know is that the character will release probably next week;a Direct is fast approaching...

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
At this point there are very very very few characters huge in both the Western world and Japan.
yep.

you still asked for which ones tho, and i pretty much agree with the list that isn't region-exclusive hype

Last edited:

Koopaul

Smash Champion
yep.

you still asked for which ones tho
I said "most hype". Not worldwide appeal. That means characters that would create a ton of hype from either around the world, the West, or Japan.

Droodle

Smash Lord
Really getting onto the idea of Travis, think that the series deserves it and I think NMH3 could be something really extravagant.

People should hop on board just in the interest of seeing what kind of a roller-coaster ride his reveal trailer would be.
Really curious as to why you think Travis/NMH deserve to be in Smash. And I don't mean this in a mocking manner either, I love Suda wackiness and NMH.

But if NMH 3 wasn't being made I would personally not even consider NMH to be a possibility in Smash. The first game sold okay (around 500 000 being generous); but NMH 2, and Travis Strikes Again weren't that successful (2 flopped hard, TSA met expectations but didn't sell a ton).

I know sales aren't the end all be all of a fighter getting in, legacy and moveset potential is important too. But Travis doesn't really have that big of a legacy either; he's at most from a very cult series from the Wii, and there are a dozen of other series that could provide fun movesets, while being a lot more recognizable/having a bigger legacy.

So to me it feels as though Travis is like the Edelgard of potential future DLC. Many people were considering Edelgard to be an obvious choice for Smash Ultimate/DLC just because FE:TH was coming out on the Switch.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Whoever she/he is, all I know is that the character will release probably next week;a Direct is fast approaching...
Announced? Maybe.

Released? I doubt it. We've yet to have an "available today!" with any of the DLC characters. It's not like they are pressed for time, January is just started and FP ends in February.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Really curious as to why you think Travis/NMH deserve to be in Smash. And I don't mean this in a mocking manner either, I love Suda wackiness and NMH.

But if NMH 3 wasn't being made I would personally not even consider NMH to be a possibility in Smash. The first game sold okay (around 500 000 being generous); but NMH 2, and Travis Strikes Again weren't that successful (2 flopped hard, TSA met expectations but didn't sell a ton).

I know sales aren't the end all be all of a fighter getting in, legacy and moveset potential is important too. But Travis doesn't really have that big of a legacy either; he's at most from a very cult series from the Wii, and there are a dozen of other series that could provide fun movesets, while being a lot more recognizable/having a bigger legacy.

So to me it feels as though Travis is like the Edelgard of potential future DLC. Many people were considering Edelgard to be an obvious choice for Smash Ultimate/DLC just because FE:TH was coming out on the Switch.
Maybe deserving wasn't the best choice of word. I just like Suda and appreciate how unforgiving No More Heroes is. I've personally only played the first, so, I really can't even speak too heavily. Personally, I don't like to actively think about how commercial success factors into a character's chances, aha.

Odi132

Smash Rookie
I think when it comes to characters that appeal to both a Western and Japanese market Crash Bandicoot and Sora definitely have the biggest potential if that was the only factor.

Unfortunately for Sora I don't think they'd add any Disney references which would lose a lot of the appeal of adding him and the N. Sane Trilogy bombed in Japan so even if Crash was one of the first 3rd Party characters considered for Smash I don't know how popular a choice he would be in Japan outside of nostalgia

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
If the estimated release of Fighter 5 is 2/29/2020 at the latest, just what the hell is Fighter 5? I doubt it's just for waiting reasons, Terry and Banjo released about one month prior to when they were meant to.

Just what the hell kind of gimmick does this new character have? :bobomb: Or are they really just waiting this out?

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
If the estimated release of Fighter 5 is 2/29/2020 at the latest, just what the hell is Fighter 5? I doubt it's just for waiting reasons, Terry and Banjo released about one month prior to when they were meant to.

Just what the hell kind of gimmick does this new character have? :bobomb: Or are they really just waiting this out?
It does make you wonder... Maybe they want Fighter 6 to be in at least presentable form so they can reveal them simultaneously, presumabley shadow dropping the former.

Thats of course a stretch, but it is curious that we still have no idea.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Here's another set of challenges! You get to pick the 5 next characters of Fighter's Pass 2. It doesn't matter who they are or what role they presently have in Smash, assuming they're from a video game. But, they have to have the following gameplay conditions.
  1. The first character has to be heavier than Bowser. (135 is the weight to beat, unless tied.) Ties are acceptable.
  2. The second character has to be lighter than Pichu. (Can't be higher than 61, except to tie.) Ties are acceptable.
  3. The third character has to have an overarching gimmick that defines their playstyle. (Something like Arsene.)
  4. The fourth character has to have no major gimmicks, being relatively straightforward. (Kinda like Mario.)
  5. The final character has to be able to spawn an item or an item-like entity.
My picks would be... Ganon (tying), Paper Mario (also tying), Arle Nadja (chain gimmick), Shovel Knight, and Crash Bandicoot (crates).
The descriptions fit with most of my most wanted characters, except 4 (I usually don't like this type of characters, I prefer the gimmicks).

1. Classic Ganon (the heaviest character in Smash)
  2. Hornet (very light and floaty, can use the web as a grappling hook to move faster; it can be a tie with Pichu I think)
  3. Adeleine & Ribbon (paint to life, summon minions and remote controlled bosses)
  4. Ax Battler (an heavy swordman, less technical than the FE people and more about brute force)
  5. Karate Joe (can spawn pots, bombs, soccer balls, barrels and light bulbs)

List a character that:

1-Baba from Baba is You
A Sokoban-like game that lets you mess with the rules of the game itself. The main gimmick of the game is that you can move blocks with instructions and combine them differently to change the behavior of the elements on screen: you can even become the whole level instead of just the character, and IMO this can't be translated to Smash moveset without some incredible creativity

2-Classic Ganon (many of my most wanted characters fit this category though)
I've seen some fan movesets for him already and I like those concepts, I don't feel the need to make up a moveset for him myself.

3-the cat from Alley Cat (a classic DOS game)
I love this game, it's very old but fun, addicting and simple. The character should be an equivalent of Duck Hunt where you don't control just the character but also the broom and other game elements (actively or passively).

Honorable mentions:
-Parin from Gurumin
Gurumin is a fun platformer/adventure game that's probably slighty inspired by Zelda; Parin uses a drill staff as a weapon. The gameplay of the original game lacks some polish but there are many interesting concepts that would be cool for a Smash moveset; from the rhythm based critical hits, to the level up/down of the drill, to why not, even the ability to summon the monsters. Parin already has a complex moveset in the original game, that with some tweaks can be adapted to Smash very easily IMO.

-(since 4th parties count) Hamtaro
I know it seems ridicolous to think Hamtaro as a fighter, but well... I recently (I admit, it was initially just for the lol and for the Master Sword cameo/parody) played the Game Boy Color/Advance trilogy (there are more games but only 3 of them are adventure games), and I was surprised, especially by the first two games. Granted that they are obviously games for young kids, they have some nice original concepts, they have some consistency and identity as games, even ignoring the existence of the anime (they're not really connected to it aside of using the same cast of main characters - hamsters only, no humans). think of some graphic adventures such as Monkey Island and similar; instead of collecting and combining items, you have those "Ham-Chat", that's the hamster language. In order to interact with the NPCs you have to learn those words by putting other hamsters in specific situations, and the game is a huge puzzle where you need to experiment with those words in order to find a way to make progress in the story.
Each word also has a specific animation, in fact they can be used to compose a dance in a minigame, but at times they are also used to physically interact with the world. For example, a word that means "enemy", features Hamtaro with an angry face and a big flame behind: you can use that flame to light up an actual fire.
The third game is less interesting IMO because it's mostly a collection of minigames with a story and a world map, but it introduces the gimmick of working together with other hamsters as a group, where each one has a different skill, and you have to build up the party by selecting the most useful characters from time to time.
Can't help but think about all those gameplay elements as a huge inspiration for a very unique and hilarious Smash moveset.
Wouldn't be epic Hamtaro vs Pikachu?!? :awesome:

4-Lemmings
I'm interested in a moveset based on controlling a group of characters instead of one individual. Ice Climbers let you control 2 at once, but it's not really a group, it's just a couple. Pikmin & Olimar are close, but you still control Olimar, and pikmins are his "weapons", his Yoshi's eggs. I would like to see a character where you can play as multiple entities at once. Something like Olimar is fine, but without Olimar, the pikmin alone. This is what Lemmings should be IMO.
I never played a Lemmings game, I only played some Mario vs DK games that I think are a bit inspired by it, but nothing else... I just think it would be a cool concept.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Ax Battler (an heavy swordman, less technical than the FE people and more about brute force)
So, like Ike and Chrom?

It totally is but it's still curious.

Like damn who's gimmick is hard to program?
No idea, but I still think it's probably due to marketing reasons that we've yet to see FP5. If Nintendo is planning a direct in the near future, it makes sense to save them for it.

Or there's another cinematic trailer like Hero got in the works and it takes time.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
No idea, but I still think it's probably due to marketing reasons that we've yet to see FP5. If Nintendo is planning a direct in the near future, it makes sense to save them for it.

Or there's another cinematic trailer like Hero got in the works and it takes time.
Geez, just how more beautiful can these CG trailers get? The detail they put in them is amazing, makes me wonder what the budget is for them.

D

Deleted member

Here's another set of challenges! You get to pick the 5 next characters of Fighter's Pass 2. It doesn't matter who they are or what role they presently have in Smash, assuming they're from a video game. But, they have to have the following gameplay conditions.
  1. The first character has to be heavier than Bowser. (135 is the weight to beat, unless tied.) Ties are acceptable.
  2. The second character has to be lighter than Pichu. (Can't be higher than 61, except to tie.) Ties are acceptable.
  3. The third character has to have an overarching gimmick that defines their playstyle. (Something like Arsene.)
  4. The fourth character has to have no major gimmicks, being relatively straightforward. (Kinda like Mario.)
My picks would be... Ganon (tying), Paper Mario (also tying), Arle Nadja (chain gimmick), Shovel Knight, and Crash Bandicoot (crates).
1. Hornet from Daytona USA (it's a car)
3. Hornet from Daytona USA (could use the armour gimmick from Fighting Vipers like in Fighters Megamix)
4. Hornet from Daytona USA

I can't think of anything for 2 and 5.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
1. Hornet from Daytona USA (it's a car)
3. Hornet from Daytona USA (could use the armour gimmick from Fighting Vipers like in Fighters Megamix)
4. Hornet from Daytona USA

I can't think of anything for 2 and 5.
For number 2, Buzz Buzz from Earthbound.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
I wonder how pissed off people would be if there is a new smash game but its a traditional fighter made by Arc System Works
I'd be hyped Arc System's art style alone would be enough to convince me.
1) Nightmare - Heavyweights aren't my cup of tea but if I had choose one it'd be Nightmare from Soul Calibur.

2) Kat basically covers 1, and 2 due to her ability to make herself lighter or heavier due to using Gravity to enter Lunar style and Jupiter style respectively.

3) Amaterasu (You all knew this was coming) With her three weapons and her Celestial Brush she would be the master of the art of war.

4) Sakura Shinguji (or Yuzuriha) would be astraight forward Swordfighter with a unique Iaido sword style that would tear through the competition.

5) Tails - He has a lot of gadgets at his disposal that would generate themselves on the battlefield
If we're talking about dreams, I want to mention that I once had a dream about a E3 reveal that announced that not only would Doomguy join the roster, but he would have the first ever cross-IP echo fighter, B.J. Blazkowicz, meaning that Doomguy and Blazkowicz would have Doom weapons and Wolfenstein weapons in their shared moveset.
I had a dream once about a Smash direct where all the Smash characters in a courtroom, the Inklings were on trial for vandalizing the faces of the other fighters with ink while they were asleep. It's an open-and-shut case, Dedede the judge was about to find the Inklings guilty until... "HOLD IT!" Phoenix Wright was revealed as the new character.

He cross referenced the Inklings ink, and the ink on the fighters face to prove they were not the same. Once the Inklings were proven and innocent, A (suspiciously large) Duck Hunt tried to sneak out only to be stopped by Phoenix, as he declared Duck Hunt the culprit.

It changed to gameplay of Phoenix, beating up Duck Hunt who actually turn out to be Amaterasu in disguise who beat back Phoenix via gameplay. From there Phoenix, the Inklings, and five other vandalized fighter went to fight Amaterasu in our Smash fashion.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
damn... Fighter 5 is so extreme they need to make use of the whole extra day February gets in a leap year to be able to finish it on time... if it wasn't a leap year they'd be breaking their contract.....

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
2) Kat basically covers 1, and 2 due to her ability to make herself lighter or heavier due to using Gravity to enter Lunar style and Jupiter style respectively.
I thought about choosing her for that reason.
4) Sakura Shinguji (or Yuzuriha) would be astraight forward Swordfighter with a unique Iaido sword style that would tear through the competition.
So she doesn't pilot her mech?

D

Deleted member

Pretty much everyone is going to fondly remember this speculation period as one of the biggest times we all had to go through dead air.

:cry::cry: Just give us FP5 already and we'll no longer be starving for info....

Last edited by a moderator:

P.Kat

Smash Champion

List a character that:

1) Spiritomb - I mean j-just how, how? It's a rock, a rock with a spirit spilling out.

2) Sora - Just where do we begin? He has so many skills and abilities.

3) I think you know my answer by now, but for the sake of a curve ball, and a new year, I'm gonna switch it up and say Sakura from Sakura Wars. Sakura Wars is a well received game in Japan, and after 14 years, a new main series game is finally released. In Spring this year, it'll be released to the West. So I don't think it's completely unlikely for Sakurai to give the franchise some love in some way or form, so we should keep our eyes open.

4) Travis - I've never played his games before (but they are on my long list of games I need to play), but you can't get much cooler than a beam katana, and powers from his own video game console.
Honestly, the more I think about it, the more Saber from Fate/Stay seems like a possibility..I mean, the series itself is extremely popular and well known (at least in regards to Anime-styled things, particularly in Japan) and it did begin as a Visual Novel series, which is a game genre along with one not really represented in Smash Bros. yet. Saber would be another anime sword fighter, yes, but I think she could be a fun one too and could have alts in Saber Alter and Saber (Nero).
I think she'd be a lot of fun, it not everyday you come across a character with an invisible blade that can not only shoot light beams, but compressed super-high pressure air, with the force of a hurricane, and use it to not only blast your enemies off the map, but to launch yourself across the stage, and in the air at supersonic speeds

StrikeAir.gif

IAboost.gif
She can even use the air surrounding her sword, to surround her with a barrier of wind, and she can control the area of the barrier, or even use it on other things than herself.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Pretty much everyone is going to fondly remember this speculation period as one of the biggest times we all had to go through dead air.

:cry::cry: Just give us FP5 already and we'll no longer be starving for info....
No offense but complaining about the lack of news every single day doesn't make an announcement come any sooner.

KatKit

Smash Lord
OMG, I expected like 2 responses max. Y'all did not disappoint! I appreciate it. This is not going to be easy, but I might have to pick a couple of winners and provide movesets for them because this is good stuff!

I'll play.

1. Akira Howard. I have no clue how the hell to incorporate the Legion into their moveset considering how you can pretty much control it freely in-game.

2. Sora. Dude actually has too much to work with, but I feel I could make movesets based on his different iterations. Honorable mention to 2B, who also has a lot to work with but is manageable if I think hard enough.

3. Style Savvy Stylist. Unironically one of the best first party choices and it's a crime that so little people know this.

4. Travis Touchdown. I have yet to get to the No More Heroes games (and it'll probably be a long while until I do), but the dude exudes style en masse.
Fortunately for you, I actively support all of these characters, ahaha. The Howard twins are a bit of a challenge, but it can definitely work. I already came up with a 2B moveset that incorporates EVERYTHING, and explained a way for it to reasonably work. BTW, feel free to join the support group.

1) Spiritomb - I mean j-just how, how? It's a rock, a rock with spirit spilling out

2) Sora - Just where do we begin? He has so many skills and abilities.

3) I think you know my answer by now, but for the sake of a curve ball, and a new year, I'm gonna switch it up and say Sakura from Sakura Wars. Sakura Wars is a well received game in Japan, and after 14 years, a new main series game is finally released. In Spring this year, it'll be released to the West. So I don't think it's completely unlikely for Sakurai to give the franchise some love in some way or form, so we should keep our eyes open.

4) Travis - I've never played his games before (but they are on my long list of games I need to play), but you can't get much cooler than a beam katana, and powers from his own video game.
My Pokemon knowledge is limited, but a spirit rock sounds hilarious. Another vote for Travis, so I might do that one just because. Sakura Wars for sure needs love. Sora does seem challenging. Good list.

1. Bill Rizer/Lance Bean. I really want them, but it's hard to imagine a full fighting moveset from their basic run n' gun gameplay.
2. Kunio. He's got too MANY moves as of Tokyo Rumble and Rival Showdown, and I can't narrow it down.
3. Kunio.
4. SV-001 Metal Slug. I like the IDEA of a little playable tank more than I do any of the characters that would be driving it.
I really appreciate how ya you stuck with your usual go-to's and provided explanations. I can for sure make the Contra guys work, but I can also see how it's tricky. Kunio does have a lot to pull from and could use the exposure. I might just post two fun, yet radically different concepts for him. Also... Metal Slug without a pilot would be hilarious. It wouldn't be the first fighting game with a playable tank, too.

1. Hatsune Miku (Nothing against her, I just don't know **** about Vocaloid or what she'd be able to do)
2. Tony Hawk (I had a few ideas rolling around in my head, but I'm too lazy to commit to making a full moveset)
3. Frogger (I have a soft spot for old arcade games and weird niche choices, and Frogger just so happens to fit into both)
4. Ezio (Not an Assassin's Creed fan outside of Black Flag, but I think an assassin would make for a super fun and unique playstyle)
Smash would probably reference Miku's Project Diva stuff. I want a singer/dancer on the roster, so I might whip something up, to explain how she'd work and drop Vocaloid knowledge on the side. I've seen people Joke about Tony Hawk alot. I might do a moveset for him because he's the only IRL person I'd bother making a legit moveset for that could easily 1-up that one Vin Diesel moveset that was posted. I feel the same way about Assassin's Creed lol. Frogger is one of those "this would actually be pretty cool" kinda ideas the more ya think about it.

1. Blipbug

2. Phoenix Wright. I feel like he have a lot of moveset potential,but he use so much object and clue in his game that it's hard for me to say which one would be in his moveset and not.

3. Style savvy rep. I didn't even played Style savvy, but I'm surprised that there's not a lot of talk about a character from this franchise in Smash when you compare it to other first party franchise with no character.

4. Monokuma. Never played that game either, but I love Danganronpa's style and it would be pretty cool to see how he would fight. Also I love the idea of playing as the main antagonist of a franchise. Also despite the fact that he come from a very mature game, he looks very cartoony so he would fit very well in Smash I think.
That's the second Pokemon I had to Google. It looks like it's wearing glasses and a bow tie! Savvy Style is indeed slept on, and I've been doing my part here to bring awareness to it from day 1. Wright is tricky; I have a couple of ideas I wouldn't mind sharing though. Same; I never played Danganronpa (but I know someone who's a huge fan), but I think it'd be interesting.

I would say:

1. Frogger

2. Jill Valentine

3. Story of Seasons Farmer. Duh.

4. A lot of characters fall into this category for me, but I'll list Andy from Advance Wars here since I think he and it deserve more love.
Another vote for Frogger. I kinda felt the same way about Jill lol. You're so true about Story of Seasons. Advance Wars really was done dirty.

1-Baba from Baba is You
A Sokoban-like game that lets you mess with the rules of the game itself. The main gimmick of the game is that you can move blocks with instructions and combine them differently to change the behavior of the elements on screen: you can even become the whole level instead of just the character, and IMO this can't be translated to Smash moveset without some incredible creativity

2-Classic Ganon (many of my most wanted characters fit this category though)
I've seen some fan movesets for him already and I like those concepts, I don't feel the need to make up a moveset for him myself.

3-the cat from Alley Cat (a classic DOS game)
I love this game, it's very old but fun, addicting and simple. The character should be an equivalent of Duck Hunt where you don't control just the character but also the broom and other game elements (actively or passively).

Honorable mentions:
-Parin from Gurumin
Gurumin is a fun platformer/adventure game that's probably slighty inspired by Zelda; Parin uses a drill staff as a weapon. The gameplay of the original game lacks some polish but there are many interesting concepts that would be cool for a Smash moveset; from the rhythm based critical hits, to the level up/down of the drill, to why not, even the ability to summon the monsters. Parin already has a complex moveset in the original game, that with some tweaks can be adapted to Smash very easily IMO.

-(since 4th parties count) Hamtaro
I know it seems ridicolous to think Hamtaro as a fighter, but well... I recently (I admit, it was initially just for the lol and for the Master Sword cameo/parody) played the Game Boy Color/Advance trilogy (there are more games but only 3 of them are adventure games), and I was surprised, especially by the first two games. Granted that they are obviously games for young kids, they have some nice original concepts, they have some consistency and identity as games, even ignoring the existence of the anime (they're not really connected to it aside of using the same cast of main characters - hamsters only, no humans). think of some graphic adventures such as Monkey Island and similar; instead of collecting and combining items, you have those "Ham-Chat", that's the hamster language. In order to interact with the NPCs you have to learn those words by putting other hamsters in specific situations, and the game is a huge puzzle where you need to experiment with those words in order to find a way to make progress in the story.
Each word also has a specific animation, in fact they can be used to compose a dance in a minigame, but at times they are also used to physically interact with the world. For example, a word that means "enemy", features Hamtaro with an angry face and a big flame behind: you can use that flame to light up an actual fire.
The third game is less interesting IMO because it's mostly a collection of minigames with a story and a world map, but it introduces the gimmick of working together with other hamsters as a group, where each one has a different skill, and you have to build up the party by selecting the most useful characters from time to time.
Can't help but think about all those gameplay elements as a huge inspiration for a very unique and hilarious Smash moveset.
Wouldn't be epic Hamtaro vs Pikachu?!? :awesome:

4-Lemmings
I'm interested in a moveset based on controlling a group of characters instead of one individual. Ice Climbers let you control 2 at once, but it's not really a group, it's just a couple. Pikmin & Olimar are close, but you still control Olimar, and pikmins are his "weapons", his Yoshi's eggs. I would like to see a character where you can play as multiple entities at once. Something like Olimar is fine, but without Olimar, the pikmin alone. This is what Lemmings should be IMO.
I never played a Lemmings game, I only played some Mario vs DK games that I think are a bit inspired by it, but nothing else... I just think it would be a cool concept.
I'll get back to this later (spoiler alert: you might be one of the winners), but I just want to say thank you! This was beyond informative; I love everything about it. I'd have to do think outside of the box (and do quite a bit of research), but I think it'd be well worth the effort. Also... it's Hamtaro time. Yet again, thanks.

1) Morshu from the Zelda CD-I games

2) Reckless Wiimote guy

3) Duster from Mother 3

4) Andy from Advance/Nintendo Wars.
Conceptually, the Reckless Wiimote guy is as silly as it is genius. Solid list overall. And another vote for Andy.

Last edited:

Wrathful_Scythe

Smash Journeyman

Just you wait til the second Fighter Pass is supposed to end in 2022 and we only get a new fighter every 6-7 months with the information getting announced only days prior.

Somewhere in a distant land is a man with a sinister laugh, playing the the secret character with two controllers simultaniously while he takes in all this contempt, this suffering. Ah, who am I kidding. That man can't have a sinister side to him.

Aerospherology

Smash Lord
While this does suck, at least there's another San Andreas character who can fill our hearts.
He's a Mii Swordfighter costume coming with Uniracer.

4-Lemmings

They're Uniracer's side special.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

FP 5 is coming on Feb 29. As we all know, that's the leap day. Leap day. Leap. Leap frog. Frog!

Oh my god he's in!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom