• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I just hope that we get Amiibo for each one of the DQ Heroes.

I’m not just going to buy them if they happen, I’m gonna legit pull an Ace Attorney with my parents to preorder them from day 1.
At most well probably only get Luminary and Erdrick.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Regardless it seems I triggered a bunch of people on this thread with a simple joke at a roster that almost everyone considers to be objectively sh****, by just pointing out the lack of female characters on it. If it makes you people feel better, yes there ARE other problems with it, such as the lack of X-Men and the cuts of series mainstays Wolverine and Magneto and terrible models. OK? Just because I noted it lacked female characters doesn’t mean it’s the only thing I care about? You can rest easy now.
I was kidding too if it makes you feel any better.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Joker and Terry amiibos are day 1 for me.
About Hero idk, I think we will get only Luminary. But I could see all the 4 heroes being released only in Japan.

Night Gale

Smash Ace
Alright let's do this! Uncolored text because this isn't a f***ing game.

People usually save these for last, but let's start with victory outros.

Special win animation against Ryu/Ken/Terry

Default Win Animation (Winning's Winning)

Special win against Doom Mariner (Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson)

Special win against any magic user

Now for the move list. Each special attack is listed in chronological appearance.

Neutral Special - Saving Private Ryan

For his neutral special, Vin Diesel uses a gun. Saving Private Ryan is a movie, so feel free to argue about whether its based on a real gun or not.

Up Special - The Iron Giant

The Giant grabs Vin Diesel like the little boy in the picture and flies upwards before disappearing. It deals no damage, but Vin Diesel is briefly invulnerable upon activation.

Side Special - The Fast and the Furious?!??

Cars are strictly reserved for Ridge Racer, so Vin Diesel rides fast and furiously on a scooter instead. He sits sideways like in the picture above. It functions like Wario's bike, but it looks more badass.

Down Special - Tea Cup (Featured in The Chronicles of Riddick)

Press it to sip tea and heal 2%. However, holding the button down unleashes a devastating melee attack. It has short range and slow start-up.

Final Smash - We Are Groot

A root comes out of the ground. If it lands, cue cutscene of Baby Groot dancing while the opponents get wrecked in the background.

Okay after this next move I'm done with this poopypost because nobody gives af, but you bet your ass I could finish this if I felt like it.

Forward Air - The Pacifier

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Now for the move list. Each special attack is listed in chronological appearance.

For his neutral special, Vin Diesel uses a gun. Saving Private Ryan is a movie, so feel free to argue about whether its based on a real gun or not.

The Giant grabs Vin Diesel like the little boy in the picture and flies upwards before disappearing. It deals no damage, but Vin Diesel is briefly invulnerable upon activation.

Cars are strictly reserved for Ridge Racer, so Vin Diesel rides fast and furiously on a scooter instead. He sits sideways like in the picture above. It functions like Wario's bike, but it looks more badass.

Press it to sip tea and heal 2%. However, holding the button down unleashes a devastating melee attack. It has short range and slow start-up.

A root comes out of the ground. If it lands, cue cutscene of Baby Groot dancing and while the opponents get wrecked in the background.

Okay after this next move I'm done with this poopypost because nobody gives af, but you bet your ass I could finish this if I felt like it.

Insta main.

About Hero idk, I think we will get only Luminary. But I could see all the 4 heroes being released only in Japan.
I do hope we get an Eight amiibo, ngl.

More so since he is one of the most popular heroes in the West.

D

Deleted member

A root comes out of the ground. If it lands, cue cutscene of Baby Groot dancing and while the opponents get wrecked in the background.

The effort put into this is amazing.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Insta main.

I do hope we get an Eight amiibo, ngl.

More so since he is one of the most popular heroes in the West.
It would be nice to an affordable Guv figure. Just like how I'm hyped for the Joker amino because that's an affordable Joker figure

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
They might also release Eight here due to why he got in.

Ayumi Tachibana

Smash Ace
Sugiyama being stingy to the point you had to mute the music if you wanted to stream the games was known when Brave was first obtained. Also the reason behind the SE characters not being dubbed is because Nintendo of America cheaped out as seen with other stuff involving VA's like Palutena and Magnus getting replaced because their VAs wanted to actually be respected and some VAs having to go uncredited
Sugiyama owns the rights for every DQ music but he is not the one managing them. I really don't understand where all these Sugiyama stingy story is coming from. That's not how music industry in Japan works. Considering Sugiyama's background and where he is from, he doesn't have that much power with his music like any other Japanese music composers. Smash is not having some iconic music from other series too and the reason behind them was all ways JASRAC. They are the one asking companies to take down streams. This is not unique problem to smash but anything involving JASRAC owned Japanese music.

Square Enix recommended and gave the approval for the four Dragon Quest Hero alternate costumes; Masahiro Sakurai only intended to include Luminary. The reason they seem stingy with their music is because of licensing; the Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest composers own the rights to the songs.

Sakurai noted how the company is cooperative and he recently did a livestream with a bunch of Square Enix employees. Negotiations are easy af when you're surrounded by people who speak your language, live nearby, and hang out with regularly. Companies are one thing, but nothing is friendlier than goddamn peer groups.

Third time I've said this but it's always relevant.

Anywho, someone dared me to make a Vin Diesel move list and I'm going to post it for s***s and giggles. Nothing will ever surpass the creativity that is goddamn Ridge Racer, but every time I attempt this it is pure gold, so it should be entertaining.
No, SE said Sakurai is the one really wanted for DQ3 hero from the beginning. Luminary's inclusion is coming from SE side.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I to this day don't really understand people who are so offended by Square Enix not opening their treasure trove to Nintendo. Would more Final Fantasy content be nice? Absolutely! There's plenty of great stuff to pull across the series that is beloved by tons of fans. But is the amount we have an actual issue? Not really, they went for the most important things first and foremost, and I can't really blame this for how they approached it if lots of Square Enix rights are complicated and licensing is already expensive (and again, in base game Ultimate, the companies receiving new characters also received the overwhelming majority of additional new content to begin with).

I'm real tired of this particular conversation at this point.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Square Enix recommended and gave the approval for the four Dragon Quest Hero alternate costumes; Masahiro Sakurai only intended to include Luminary. The reason they seem stingy with their music is because of licensing; the Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest composers own the rights to the songs.

Sakurai noted how the company is cooperative and he recently did a livestream with a bunch of Square Enix employees. Negotiations are easy af when you're surrounded by people who speak your language, live nearby, and hang out with regularly. Companies are one thing, but nothing is friendlier than goddamn peer groups.

Third time I've said this but it's always relevant.

Anywho, someone dared me to make a Vin Diesel move list and I'm going to post it for s***s and giggles. Nothing will ever surpass the creativity that is goddamn Ridge Racer, but every time I attempt this it is pure gold, so it should be entertaining.
Honestly, Uematsu's lack of cooperation makes me scratch my head considering he composed Brawl's theme, and every rendition of it has returned in both 4 and Ultimate. He doesn't even directly compose much for FF these days. I guess he's just particularly expensive.

Sugiyama on the other hand is a literal piece of garbage so I'm not even remotely surprised that there were issues there.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I to this day don't really understand people who are so offended by Square Enix not opening their treasure trove to Nintendo. Would more Final Fantasy content be nice? Absolutely! There's plenty of great stuff to pull across the series that is beloved by tons of fans. But is the amount we have an actual issue? Not really, they went for the most important things first and foremost, and I can't really blame this for how they approached it if lots of Square Enix rights are complicated and licensing is already expensive (and again, in base game Ultimate, the companies receiving new characters also received the overwhelming majority of additional new content to begin with).

Really? The battle themes are the most important over say, the game's main theme, the song the game opens up with or one of the most iconic boss themes in ALL of FF? FF7 deserves so much more than the bare minimum, though you're a tad mistaken as I'm pointing fingers at Nintendo as they're the ones choosing not to get their hands on more

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Nintendo might've been able to get more FF content, but I can't be upset at them for stopping after getting what little they got. Obtaining the rights for just Cloud was probably a big ordeal in of itself. There wasn't much reason to waste time pursuing more content when they were already splitting profits from Cloud with SE.

We did get two amiibo though, so it's not like FF got the short end of the stick in every regard.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Nintendo might've been able to get more FF content, but I can't be upset at them for stopping after getting what little they got. Obtaining the rights for just Cloud was probably a big ordeal in of itself. There wasn't much reason to waste time pursuing more content when they were already splitting profits from Cloud with SE.

We did get two amiibo though, so it's not like FF got the short end of the stick in every regard.
Oh wow a whole 19 toys getting made sure makes up for the least content in the game. Cloud can't even have his original art used for his Spirits unlike literally every other playable character in the game

D

Deleted member

Oh wow a whole 19 toys getting made sure makes up for the least content in the game. Cloud can't even have his original art used for his Spirits unlike literally every other playable character in the game
I agree with your whole point, but I felt the need to point out that Robin and the Pokémon trainers don’t have official artwork for their spirits either.

But yeah, Final Fantasy really should have gotten more spirits.

D

Deleted member

Sugiyama owns the rights for every DQ music but he is not the one managing them. I really don't understand where all these Sugiyama stingy story is coming from. That's not how music industry in Japan works. Considering Sugiyama's background and where he is from, he doesn't have that much power with his music like any other Japanese music composers. Smash is not having some iconic music from other series too and the reason behind them was all ways JASRAC. They are the one asking companies to take down streams. This is not unique problem to smash but anything involving JASRAC owned Japanese music.
I mean, Sugiyama's apparently a council member of the JASRAC if that means anything.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Would you have prefered he only got one amiibo so we could have another reason to complain?

It doesn't make up for it, but it's still something. I think there's bound to be at least a couple of FF fans who were pumped to learn that both of his alts were getting figures.

Cyberfire

Smash Journeyman
I agree with your whole point, but I felt the need to point out that Robin and the Pokémon trainers don’t have official artwork for their spirits either.

But yeah, Final Fantasy really should have gotten more spirits.
Robin and Pokemon Trainer not getting their original art was weird, illustrations exist for both of them and their gender variants.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Would you have prefered he only got one amiibo so we could have another reason to complain?

It doesn't make up for it, but it's still something. I think there's bound to be at least a couple of FF fans who were pumped to learn that both of his alts were getting figures.
I love how this completely ignores my point on the scarcity to the point those figures may as well not exist due to Nintendo believing that affordable merch of popular characters should never be put in mass production. Cloud getting 2 figures doesn't mean anything if nobody can buy them due to Nintendo deliberately not making enough.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
Cloud fans can even use their amiibos of him in all of three games, all of which are Smash Bros and nothing else. Lucky ducks.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
I more than sympathize with th frustrations of FF fans since we actually have LESS FF content then before with the Chocobo hat gone. Music rights are kinda funny all around though-even with Atlus we have weird things like the omission of the 2nd most popular P5 song despite said song being used as an instrumental for Joker's reveal.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I love how this completely ignores my point on the scarcity to the point those figures may as well not exist due to Nintendo believing that affordable merch of popular characters should never be put in mass production. Cloud getting 2 figures doesn't mean anything if nobody can buy them due to Nintendo deliberately not making enough.
For starters, as someone who collects amiibo, I know they were probably afraid to have a repeat of the AC and second wave of Super Mario amiibo. AC amiibo still struggle to sell to this day, even when marked down 75% from the orginal price. Second, only the Player 2 Cloud amiibo was hard to find, and that's because it was a Gamestop exclusive. Normal Cloud was sitting on store shelves for several months, so if you couldn't find one online or in store, you probably weren't looking very hard. I feel like you're just assuming things.

Besides, they reprinted both Cloud amiibo earlier this year. They were on shelves for a few months, so anyone who genuinely wanted either one could've picked one up.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
For starters, as someone who collects amiibo, I know they were probably afraid to have a repeat of the AC and second wave of Super Mario amiibo. AC amiibo still struggle to sell to this day, even when marked down 75% from the orginal price. Second, only the Player 2 Cloud amiibo was hard to find, and that's because it was a Gamestop exclusive. Normal Cloud was sitting on store shelves for several months, so if you couldn't find one online or in store, you probably weren't looking very hard. I feel like you're just assuming things.

Besides, they reprinted both Cloud amiibo earlier this year. They were on shelves for a few months, so anyone who genuinely wanted either one could've picked one up.
**** off with that. Me and a good friend scavenged across the entire ****ing country since they made those things and Cloud has NEVER been available. Cloud has NEVER shown up in online retailers at a price lower than 70 bucks until recently. Can't ****ing believe you're defending Nintendo's well-documented issue of making artificial scarcity. What about the NES classic? Or the SNES Classic which had an unreleased game as a selling point? What about the collector's edition of Samus Returns not even getting 100 copies available in France, the biggest Nintendo fans of Europe? This is why nobody likes Nintendo purists

EDIT: Also whenever Cloud's amiibo DOES show up online it's ALWAYS second hand meaning the stupid pricks don't even get any money off of their product

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Cloud isn't exactly hurting for figures at all.
He even has an official figure of his weird Kingdom Hearts design which is kind of neat. For more obscure characters though, amiibo rarity is super annoying. I had to import Ness and Villager, but I got lucky with Shulk at least.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

**** off with that. Me and a good friend scavenged across the entire ****ing country since they made those things and Cloud has NEVER been available. Cloud has NEVER shown up in online retailers at a price lower than 70 bucks until recently. Can't ****ing believe you're defending Nintendo's well-documented issue of making artificial scarcity. What about the NES classic? Or the SNES Classic which had an unreleased game as a selling point? What about the collector's edition of Samus Returns not even getting 100 copies available in France, the biggest Nintendo fans of Europe? This is why nobody likes Nintendo purists

EDIT: Also whenever Cloud's amiibo DOES show up online it's ALWAYS second hand meaning the stupid pricks don't even get any money off of their product
I can confirm that Nintendo really messes up with the stock for the third party amiibo.

I literally had to preorder Cloud on his second restock, and if I didn’t I would never own the amiibo. Same deal with Bayonetta and sadly the sad fate I got trying to buy Solid Snake.

And I swear to god that if I miss out on the Hero amiibo/s just because my parents are too picky with the way I use money I will be too frustrated.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
You're not gonna be happy with any answer I give unless it's me taking a shot at Nintendo, so I'll just end the argument here and let you cool off.

As for the Cloud amiibo, I don't know what to tell you. Several of my friends on reddit who collect and trade amiibo with me showed me pictures of them buying Cloud amiibo months after their summer release. My local Toy's R Us (before it was closed) had about 40 of them on launch, and they had a decent stock until December.

D

Deleted member

I pray that restocks for the Solid Snake amiibo happen as soon as possible in my island.

I will preorder the first day they are up to prevent the same mistake from happening.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
You're not gonna be happy with any answer I give unless it's me taking a shot at Nintendo, so I'll just end the argument here and let you cool off.

As for the Cloud amiibo, I don't know what to tell you. Several of my friends on reddit who collect and trade amiibo with me showed me pictures of them buying Cloud amiibo months after their summer release. My local Toy's R Us (before it was closed) had about 40 of them on launch, and they had a decent stock until December.
I'm not gonna be happy until you realize nobody likes contrarians going "WELL ACTUALLY ONE OF THE BIGGEST ADDITIONS IN SMASH HAVING ABYSMAL REPRESENTATION IS GOOD". You wouldn't be saying this if Pokemon had this treatment you know. Telling people they should be grateful because they got 2 things they never got the chance to buy is scummy as **** too, especially as you're assuming America is the only place people can live in by claiming you had an easy time. Remember, FF7 was the Super Mario Bros of the PS1. It made itself known to the world by having commercials on prime time TV such as Simpsons and sports channels. The ps3 used FF7's imagery as a ****ing tech demo. This is JUST with 7 yet it's gotten a worse scenario than literally everything else

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I pray that restocks for the Solid Snake amiibo happen as soon as possible in my island.

I will preorder the first day they are up to prevent the same mistake from happening.
Snake is currently available online at Best Buy here in the US. Do you have any friends here who could buy and ship one to you?

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
>

>Most important things
>No one winged angel or Tifa.PNG
phoenixwrightsad.jpg

He even has an official figure of his weird Kingdom Hearts design which is kind of neat. For more obscure characters though, amiibo rarity is super annoying. I had to import Ness and Villager, but I got lucky with Shulk at least.
As unlikely as it is I always wish for this outfit to be included in smash. I always thought he looked good with the red cape.

There's only one indie that's true and honest enough to jump to Smash:
"SONICHU ZAPS TO THE EXTREME"

featuring Cwcville mall as his stage a long witn so need a cute girl and virgin with rage as the songs he comes with.

...I know way too much Sonichu lore.

Last edited:

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
I don't know what's worse, the fact someone chose to make this very post I'm quoting or the fact this image always brings a ****ton of transphobia around with it due to the infamous woman who created it
Where did I say anything offensive about Christine's gender identity? If she wants to express herself as a woman, more the power to her.

Sonichu is basically an internet legend at this point. Even Sega's online teams have gotten in on it at multiple points. Obviously, that doesn't excuse any internet harassment that's been brought about from it, but it's pretty clear Christine really doesn't mind people reposting her art within reasonable limits, including ****posting.

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
Is anyone else still as mad as I am that some wiener Nintendo fanboys hated Cloud's Final Smash because "it's just Great Aether again"?

When I saw that sentiment the day he was revealed, that's when I knew: Nintendo fans are really, really, REALLY insulated from video game culture outside of Nintendo. Edit: speaking as a huge fan of Nintendo games to this day.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I'm not gonna be happy until you realize nobody likes contrarians going "WELL ACTUALLY ONE OF THE BIGGEST ADDITIONS IN SMASH HAVING ABYSMAL REPRESENTATION IS GOOD". You wouldn't be saying this if Pokemon had this treatment you know. Telling people they should be grateful because they got 2 things they never got the chance to buy is scummy as **** too, especially as you're assuming America is the only place people can live in by claiming you had an easy time. Remember, FF7 was the Super Mario Bros of the PS1. It made itself known to the world by having commercials on prime time TV such as Simpsons and sports channels. The ps3 used FF7's imagery as a ****ing tech demo. This is JUST with 7 yet it's gotten a worse scenario than literally everything else
Never said FF having less content was good. I was just trying to point out the positives by saying that at least Cloud got two amiibo. That's more than what the other third-parties got, save for Bayonetta.

Didn't think that was such a controversial statement, and if I knew it was gonna cause all of this, I probably would've just kept my mouth shut.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom