• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gold Lannister

Smash Cadet
Very strange Sakurai does not ask to attend the event, especially when your game is competing for the best of the year. So chances are we don't have a revelation.

JustMyself13

Smash Journeyman
Very strange Sakurai does not ask to attend the event, especially when your game is competing for the best of the year. So chances are we don't have a revelation.
I don’t recall Sakurai tweeting about the last Game Awards either, though.

EDIT: :4greninja:

Last edited:

Night Gale

Smash Ace
Don’t forget the paid audience members who are there to shout, scream, and cheer every possible second during the trailer and presentation.

https://youtu.be/EWXdvftL30Y

Otherwise, it’s not officially Bethesda.
I think they were trolling them for free.

I swear I work every time during a Nintendo Direct or major event. I'm starting to think it's planned :v
It happens. Imo, it's better watching this s*** after the fact so you can skip to the good parts.

And then there's no reveal/the reveal isn't KOS-MOS.
I didn't specify a character or date. I have a madlibs style template prepared for this s*** at any given moment.

So here I am at being fuzzy on when this award show is happening - especially with time differences. I thought it was going to be in 12 hours. But it’s in 24 hours, yeah?

I’m sad now
Obligatory.

I did it a little early but close enough.

Last edited:

Animegamingnerd

Smash Ace
Probably because he doesn't want to leave work to go to the US for an event that last only a couple hours, like I don't believe he was at E3 this year and at E3 2018 he got on the first plane he could after the invitational to back to Japan to go back to work.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Ok so I made this video a month ago to correspond to the Mii Costume leak. I'm ready to be laughed at now.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

SmashSSL

Smash Apprentice
Ok say we are going to get a surprise transition into a smash reveal. How would you prefer they do it with the following characters.

Phoenix Wright:

KOS-MOS:

Doomguy:

Sora:

Geno:

If you want an extra challenge. How would a surprise transition work for a double reveal involving two characters of your choosing.
Phoenix Wright: Geoff thanks the audience for showing up and tuning in and he's like "that's it thx bye" and then.....
H O L D . I T ! ! ! ! ! !

KOS-MOS: uh

Doomguy: Trailer in first person view that looks like samus is fighting off Metroid enemies but then then the camera shows it's actually Doom Dude

Sora: idk

Also, for the double reveal, we get the Phoenix trailer take place in a courtroom. Said courtroom suddenly blows up like that one time in AA5, and the bomber is...
bomberman

GKMLTTSB

Smash Ace
Ok say we are going to get a surprise transition into a smash reveal. How would you prefer they do it with the following characters.

If you want an extra challenge. How would a surprise transition work for a double reveal involving two characters of your choosing.
Phoenix Wright:
History of Capcom presentation. No Phoenix. Ends with Ryu and Megaman on-screen posturing.
> OBJECTION!
Phoenix stuff...

KOS-MOS:
Project X-Zone 3 announcement. Goofy 2-second end-of-trailer stinger showing KOS-MOS and Lucina interacting. Fades out, back in and then leads into Smash reveal.

Sora:
ReMind trailer transitions into it?

Geno:
Not really a surprise, but Smash 64 intro with dolls playing, then a Geno doll drops into the mix.

As for the extra...
Well. I have an idea for a Captain N reveal that could either work as a surprise reveal or as part of a double-reveal, but it really doesn't work as both.

You could redo the "PSO2 coming west" trailer and have it feature Lisa lead-in to a reveal with her and Elenor, but this would leave her the main and Elenor the echo, which would just be improper. >_>

Best I got would be playing the Shadowbringers trailer, but after Y'shtola says, "Until our friend returns, I will hold the line", instead of cutting to Eulmore, there's a fast pan out to show that an army of puppet fighters/Hands is approaching through the flames.
"Y'shtola... Flows into Battle"
>Y'shtola gameplay showcase plays
Cut back to show a large number of enemies taken down.
Galeem then appears amongst the remnants of the army before attacking Y'Shtola. As she braces, a large explosion intercepts the attack and a giant figure appears in front of her as laughing is heard.
"It would seem that you've had quite enough..."
Cut to a small figure standing on a large copy of herself.
"Shantotto... Plays Rough!"
>Shantotto gameplay showcase.
Shantotto and Y'shtola stand back to back amongst the defeated army as Galeem slinks away.
Y'shtola smirks and Shantotto, once again, does the ojou-sama laugh.

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
If you are going to talk about dabbing, please talk about how it relates to Smash and the (possibility) of Dabbing being a mechanic, a taunt, a Final Smash, a Mii Costume, or even a character or stage...

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
If you are going to talk about dabbing, please talk about how it relates to Smash and the (possibility) of Dabbing being a mechanic, a taunt, a Final Smash, a Mii Costume, or even a character or stage...
New character: The Dab

All of their attacks, taunts, animations, etc. are dabs.

Revealed at TGA.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
New character: The Dab

All of their attacks, taunts, animations, etc. are dabs.

Revealed at TGA.
Instawin just give Smash game of the year. No contest. Everyone follows suit. Year is 2020, dabbing is back in. God of War 5, BotW2, Pokemon Gun, RE remake of an RE remake, and Street Fighter V: Arcade Champion Edition, and Elder Scrolls 6: Beyond Skyrim all have Dabbing.

Last edited:

RealLuigisWearPink

Smash Ace
Instawin just give Smash game of the year. No contest. Everyone follows suit. Year is 2020, dabbing is back in. God of War 5, BotW2, Pokemon Gun, RE remake of an RE remake, and Street Fighter V: Arcade Champion Edition, and Elder Scrolls 6: Beyond Skyrim all have Dabbing.
don't forget Final Fantasy VII remake: Episode 2: Dabiroth Attacks

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
The more I think about it, the more I’m down to see KOS. Certainly not my first...or second...or third pick. Maybe my 15th. But she could really bring some fun mechanics and be quite interesting. I know next to nothing of Xenosaga lore so I am clueless about stage and spirits but I plan to read up on it during my free time.

like, if she could hover using jet packs and provide crazy amount of hyper fast firepower, that would be pretty awesome.

Last edited:

Night Gale

Smash Ace
An Umbrella Chronicles remake would be the s*** tbqh.

As for KOS-MOS, the possibility of a T-elos echo is mainly why she would be interesting. T-elos was made for that s***.

Last edited:

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
The moment of truth is soon, i'm pretty excited tbh. This reveal is going to have a lot of salt and happiness both I feel, but then again that's every reveal ever.

I just feel it's gonna be very dramatic though.

SirCamp

Smash Ace
Phoenix Wright: Geoff thanks the audience for showing up and tuning in and he's like "that's it thx bye" and then.....
H O L D . I T ! ! ! ! ! !

KOS-MOS: uh

Doomguy: Trailer in first person view that looks like samus is fighting off Metroid enemies but then then the camera shows it's actually Doom Dude

Sora: idk

Also, for the double reveal, we get the Phoenix trailer take place in a courtroom. Said courtroom suddenly blows up like that one time in AA5, and the bomber is...
bomberman
Yes, please give me my sweet Bomberman!

Please...

D

Deleted member

The moment of truth is soon, i'm pretty excited tbh. This reveal is going to have a lot of salt and happiness both I feel, but then again that's every reveal ever.

I just feel it's gonna be very dramatic though.
I'm just waiting for the final call if anythibg. Only the truth will set us free.

BlackInk

Smash Lord
Lately, Jon is trying to ruse out of the Kosmos predictions with bull****.
https://mobile.twitter.com/JonComms/status/1204938450752983041
How does no one notice the guy is purposely removing the “-saga” in “xenosaga” is beyond me. He’s pretending to be this stupid and ignorant that it’s hard to avoid saying, “so it is Kosmos.” I will not hire this ****ing moron in my secret projects.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
D

Deleted member

Lately, Jon is trying to ruse out of the Kosmos predictions with bull****.
https://mobile.twitter.com/JonComms/status/1204938450752983041
How does no one notice the guy is purposely removing the “-saga” in “xenosaga” is beyond me. He’s pretending to be this stupid and ignorant that it’s hard to avoid saying, “so it is Kosmos.” I will not hire this ****ing moron in my secret projects.
He's literally scared of losing his bloody job for all I know. With all this hubbub he's receiving, he'd shut down his bloody account!

D

Deleted member

You know what? **** it! I'm going in balls first! Since we literally have no clue who we'll get, I'll bet Konami will get a newcomer and that newcomer is Bomberman! He'll come with a Max echo fighter and Sirius as a unique newcomer.

Basis: Literally nothing but hopes and dreams.

Let's ****ing do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom