• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
guys

i don't wanna say anything but

i think kirby might get into smash bros

Last edited:

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
Man

No wonder people say a certain user makes them hope it's not KOS MOS
I would like to take this opportunity to remind everyone to try and appreciate characters separate from their fan base or certain individuals.

I had a hard time warming up to Shulk in smash 4 due to a grade a asshole who supported him during speculation. Took me awhile to disassociate Shulk with the user, but now I really like Shulk and appreciate what he brings to Smash. Don’t let others taint a character for you.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
That’s not why I’m going against him. He’s just saying really stupid stuff when he can easily take his time putting up better counter logic against Kosmos, ignore the damn thing, or even say “I just expect Rex or Kosmos because of Sakurai’s love for Xeno games.” He’s likely rushing his offense against Kosmos out of fear and panic.
Rushing his arguments, eh?

'guess he is a match for you then.:ultmetaknight:

Not that what he say matter anyway, we're one day away from the VGA, so getting angry at "leakers" mean nothing when the answer is close now.

Shroob

Sup?
Oh I didn’t even know he posted tbh. Calm down
I'm very calm.

But I think everyone is just dreading if it is KOS MOS because he's going to think his conspiracy theories were right all along.

It's sad when people who legitimately want a character are afraid of getting said character because of obnoxious individuals that they'll be forced to block.

BlackInk

Smash Lord
It's not original, but this thread is accurately depicted in a single photo:

I’m not connecting some dots. I’m calling a bluff.
Man

No wonder people say a certain user makes them hope it's not KOS MOS
Jon is a professional with a fishy background, fishy “predictions”, and is being fishy over a character. Why can no one call out a bluff from him? I even stated he could have done better ways to make himself less suspicious.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
But to be serious for a moment. With the VGAs less than a day away. I just wanted everyone to know that everything is going to be alright if your pick doesn't get in. You don't have to like the character. But let's not put people down who get excited for said character. The VGAs isn't going to be the end of the world for your character pick.

ELiRVvBXkAAnzmD.jpg

Last edited:

Goombaic

Smash Ace
Y'all ready for fighter 5 to not show up tomorrow and for the last trailer before the Game of the Year award to be another Kingdom Hearts 3 DLC trailer.

Teedy15

Smash Rookie
Poor Jon is in such a "Boy Who Cried Wolf" situation that it's not even funny.

He has leaked in the past, but the one time he genuinely is trying to say he knows nothing since he is, in fact, not a leaker, no one believes him.

I feel for the guy, but he kind of brought it on himself, he knows the hornet nest he's poking.
Yeah he’s brought everything on himself at this point, I feel no pity for him

Mango The Magician

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mango_Magician
I'm kinda confused as to how some people think being a game journalist works. Gamexplain would likely be blacklisted by Nintendo if a member of their company was given information and said member blatantly leaked it. I don't think Jon is or ever was a leaker and I don't see any reason to assume Gamexplain has some weird under the table connection to Nintendo, when they clearly don't.

Last edited:

JustMyself13

Smash Journeyman
Has anybody realized that the new icon is still on the website
I feel that this holds more importance than what we’re currently giving it. While you could argue that Joker’s page also wasn’t up when he was revealed, that was because he was barely in development at the time of his reveal. If fighter five comes out in the next two months, surely they’d have enough work done on them to allow a page to be made.

BlackInk

Smash Lord
Rushing his arguments, eh?

'guess he is a match for you then.:ultmetaknight:

Not that what he say matter anyway, we're one day away from the VGA, so getting angry at "leakers" mean nothing when the answer is close now.
I’m angry at him from the business side of things. He shouldn’t act this way at all if Kosmos was the final fighter. I hope to god he doesn’t do crap like this or else he needs to get fired.
A certain user makes me hope it's not KOS MOS tbh
I’ll just move on from the thing while others are disappointed that their character isn’t fighter #5. It’s how life works.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I feel that this holds more importance than what we’re currently giving it. While you could argue that Joker’s page also wasn’t up when he was revealed, that was because he was barely in development at the time of his reveal. If fighter five comes out in the next two months, surely they’d have enough work done on them to allow a page to be made.
I mean, on one hand you could argue that them removing the NEW is basically a tell-tale sign that something is coming, removing the surprise entirely.

Every time they do, people run around like chickens without heads, even if the character comes an entire month later.

It's definitely something to look out for yes, but at the same time, removing it would spoil the surprise too.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Gotta make it clear right now: KOS-MOS would make me sooo happy, like she in my top 10 of my most wanted character in Smash.

Despite that however, I still expect the "worst" tomorrow and believe Jon when he say he as 0 clue at the moment.

So, if you're a KOS-MOS fan, hope for the best and expect the worst, because as someone who followed the Ridley fanbase in Smash 4. Boy, the end was not funny at all.

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
You say that. But Banjo didn't even get his page till he actually released lmao

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
From what I’ve been told, this guy was causing trouble in the KOS-MOS thread, too. I doubt he actually cares, as he was doing similar stuff with Reimu a bit: comes to the Reimu thread to claim she’s leakbait without any evidence, then claims she’s Fighter 5 elsewhere.

It is hard to tell if someone is trolling or not when it comes to this stuff, though. Heck, some of our jokes regarding silly theories could be taken seriously because of this crap.

edit: What would Jon be fired for? He doesn’t work for Nintendo :I

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master

The show is going to be 2 and a half hours, He is estimating 10-15 new announcements, notes Nintendo is a great supporter of the show and apparently the muppets tie back to video games in someway. Yeah I'm thinking its his time.
1576128926011.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom