• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
Yes he said that 5 it’s from verges old listed deconfirmation from Saturday but not from ones he didn’t list on there like ryu,geno,level 5,etc
Which makes **** even more confusing since, by all accounts, that would kill KOS-MOS, yet Sabi hasn't denied KOS-MOS.

Lady Kuki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetraRal01
3DS FC
4854-7185-6306
How would the general audience feel if they were to announce a Spirit/Assist Trophy fighters pass? Happy? Pissed? Both? Etc
I’d be super happy, because then my picks are suddenly a lot more realistic haha.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Well the Gears forums and current community disagree with you on Gears 5.

Gears 5 was received very well by critics because the campaign was bold and well-done. But the launch was a disaster with a plague of server issues, awful weapons balancing and map design that promoted camping hard, broken matchmaking and an even more broken ranking system that they've rebooted twice now and still haven't fixed, etc. Europe still doesn't have any dedicated servers, and we're now three months into release.

The community dropped out of the game hard and its player base is abysmally small right now. It's bad. Like, it looks great and the campaign was good but at the moment hardly anyone wants to play it. I can't find a Horde match via public matchmaking to save my life because there simply aren't four other people looking for a match at the same time as I am.
Oh, I hadn't realized that it had dropped off so much. I heard nothing but praise about the campaign and people seemed quite interested in the game since it was on Game Pass Day One.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
A game for everyone here.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

I got 2B on my first try lol. This must be fate.
Messed around with this to see what I'd get in a Fighter Pass, got Tails, Monster Hunter, Crash, Master Chief, and Rex + Pyra/Mythra.

Three out of five I would like to have and the other two would be fun characters based on their gameplay from their home games, so I'd be happy with that list.

Yes he said that 5 it’s from verges old listed deconfirmation from Saturday but not from ones he didn’t list on there like ryu,geno,level 5,etc
IIRC, PapaGenos asked Sabi about it and it was just about Verge's initial deconfirmation list.

So ultimately it told us nothing.

Last edited:

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
Clearly, Nintendo will be revealing Dixie Kong at the Game Awards, as a homage to their incredibly well received Cranky Kong reveal for Tropical Freeze at VGX six years ago.
while this objectively wouldnt be hype to a general audience id be so happy

Shroob

Sup?
Messed around with this to see what I'd get in a FP5, got Tails, Monster Hunter, Crash, Master Chief, and Rex + Pyra/Mythra.

Three out of five I would like to have and the other two would be fun characters based on their gameplay from their home games, so I'd be happy with that list.

IIRC, PapaGenos asked Sabi about it and it was just about Verge's initial deconfirmation list.

So ultimately it told us nothing.
Then we're back to KOS-MOS.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
How would the general audience feel if they were to announce a Spirit/Assist Trophy fighters pass? Happy? Pissed? Both? Etc
I mean it would honestly depend on who the characters, there's a lot of character I'd love currently under the spirit and assist banner, but that doesn't necessarily mean they're getting promoted.

After all, Yakuman Player could get promoted while all my favorites stay in the same position.

D

Deleted member

Geez, can't wait for the hours to pass before we all declare that it's tomorrow.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I don’t think it did
Yeah, I don't remember it either. The thing I remember hearing was Sabi was saying the HUGE list that Verg posted was incorrect since Fighter 5 was from one of those companies, and said list lacked Bamco.

Don't remember if it had Monolift Soft on it but that's how I remember it.

D

Deleted member

If the character is from one of the companies on the list Verg backtracked on wouldn't that mean it absolutely is not KOS-MOS since Bamco wasn't listed? Unless his previous disconfirms are lumped into that too

Last edited by a moderator:

Shroob

Sup?
If the character is from one of the companies on the list Verg backtracked on wouldn't that mean it absolutely is not KOS-MOS since Bamco wasn't listed? Unless his previous deconfirms are lumped into that too
That's what my confusion is.

If Sabi knows this you'd assume they'd shoot down KOS-MOS.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, I don't remember it either. The thing I remember hearing was Sabi was saying the HUGE list that Verg posted was incorrect since Fighter 5 was from one of those companies, and said list lacked Bamco.

Don't remember if it had Monolift Soft on it but that's how I remember it.
He didn’t say it lacked the ones that didn’t get listed
He said that 5 is the one that he listed but not the few he didn’t list and namco was one of the ones that weren’t listed

honestly I am confused what I’m saying here

D

Deleted member

If the character is from one of the companies on the list Verg backtracked on wouldn't that mean it absolutely is not KOS-MOS since Bamco wasn't listed? Unless his previous disconfirms are lumped into that too
Iirc he deconfirmed Bamco as well...I think.

Shroob

Sup?
He didn’t say it lacked the ones that didn’t get listed
He said that 5 is the one that he listed but not the few he didn’t list and namco was one of the ones that weren’t listed
I know, that's what I'm saying.

Sabi said Fighter 5 was from the big decom list.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Today's lesson is that every company is in this in between state of being both deconfirmed but still in the running at the same time

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
No cause he back-pedalled lol
That doesn't mean anything when Sabi specifically mentioned the original deconfirm list.

Even if Verg backpeddeled, that list didn't have Bamco/Monolift, and Sabi said one of the companies on that list was Fighter 5.

D

Deleted member

That doesn't mean anything when Sabi specifically mentioned the original deconfirm list.

Even if Verg backpeddeled, that list didn't have Bamco/Monolift, and Sabi said one of the companies on that list was Fighter 5.
But in the original kill list he did put Bamco in there

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
This is the supposed list of which company FP5 is from according to Sabi.

Nintendo
Konami
Sega
Square Enix
Microsoft
Bethesda
Activision
Blizzard
Epic Games
Marvelous
Koei Tecmo
Arc System Works
Touhou
Spike Chunsoft
Any previous spirit/AT.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

No cause he back-pedalled lol
I think you're missing what I'm saying
Sabi said this list is wrong because the character is from one of the companies listed, and it's also not from the ones he didn't list. Bamco is notably absent from the list, meaning that it's out of consideration by default.

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
I have a strong feeling that KOS-MOS is going to be #5.

My pipe dream is Master Chief.

Banjo-Redooie better be put on my motherf***n Switch.

Shroob

Sup?
But in the original kill list he did put Bamco in there
Vergeben said:
I went back and forth many times on whether or not I should share this yet because I was hoping for anything else since it left me speechless..... But it's too crazy to keep to myself any longer.

The source wouldn't get specific (it seems they can't) but they did say that none of these characters mentioned are Fighter 5 either:
Capcom characters

Sega characters

Konami characters

Arc System Works characters

Spike Chunsoft characters

Marvelous characters

Epic Games characters

ZUN / Team Shanghai Alice's Touhou Project characters

Bethesda characters entirely

Koei Tecmo characters entirely

Activision characters

Blizzard characters