• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
You're doing it wrong! You have to tell us what's not going to be at the VGA. Otherwise we can't speculate in circles.

/originaljoke
Well I can confirm that these characters will not be Fighter 5.

-Ratchet and Clank
-Kratos
-American Dad
-The Family Man
-Banjo-Tooie
-Hatsune Miku
-Joe
-Movie Sonic
-MOS-KOS
-Raid Shadow Legends

Last edited:

KatKit

Smash Lord
I know it has nothing to do with a Smash reveal, but since there’s a Indie showcase tomorrow, who are some Indie characters that you would personally love to have any representation in Smash no matter how unlikely?
Fun question! I have quite a few I'd like to see.

Alyssa L'Salle (Cosmic Star Heroine)
The Dancer from Bound
Red (Transistor)
Ori
Ajna (Indivisible)
X'tabay/Juan/Tostada/Uay Chivo (Guacamelee)
Shantae
Parasoul (Skullgirls)
Miriam (Bloodstained)
Lea (Crosscode)
Cadence (Crypt of the Necrodancer)
Quote and Curly (Cave Story)
Untitled Goose
Shank
A Touhou rep

There's also a character from an upcoming game that's like Princess Mononoke/Okami/Zelda. She's a hunter and she has purification arrows. I can never remember the title, but it looks sooo fun. She has a hunter-like jump/prance when she walks. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? Anyways, I want her in, too.

Edit: The game is called The Pathless!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I know it has nothing to do with a Smash reveal, but since there’s a Indie showcase tomorrow, who are some Indie characters that you would personally love to have any representation in Smash no matter how unlikely?
A Hat in Time would be cool. I'd also be down for Shovel Knight, but I think his ship has sailed for now. Also unironically supported the notion of Sans in Smash, and here he is.

If you asked me, though, Katana Zero content would be amazing. It's probably my favorite indie game of the year and it hosts my favorite soundtrack of all time because of how it always pumps me up and keeps me focused--especially when driving.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
There's also a character from an upcoming game that's like Princess Mononoke/Okami. She's a hunter and she has purification arrows. I can never remember the title, but it looks sooo fun. She has a hunter-like jump when she walks. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? Anyways, I want her in, too.
They're making a game out of that Studio Gibli film? Sounds interesting.

Gamma Ray

Smash Apprentice
To repost what I posted earlier, the chain of information is like this

Person who knows FP5 > Unknown amount of people > Verge's Source > Verge > Us
Thanks, that's clear. I thought it was Verge's source who knew a name, but if the information is passed along multiple people like that it makes things a lot more complicated. Also puts it in new perspective of how reliable (or unreliable) the information can be.

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
We might have a TGA leak killer:

https://www.pscp.tv/w/1eaKbAvLgPVxX

Around 3:18, Geoff states the KH3 trailer that leaked earlier was not from his show.
Even if it is shown at state of play tomorrow does it REALLY kill the leak? I mean.... the release date was right and the trailer taken down. The big thing right now is if Geoff says no clock tower then yes it is forever dead. Now it isn’t tho.

D

Deleted member

One of mine would be Wilson from Don't Starve, one my favorite games.
It's impossible for him to be a fighter, but Jacket from Hotline Miami would make for the best DLC Mii Costume ever.

As for actual fighters themselves, there is Zero from Katana ZERO and the protagonist from My Friend Pedro, both who happen to be from games published by Devolver Digital.

As for the Indie Showcase itself, I am also anticipating if Carrion will be shown. That game pretty much caught my eye ever since Devolver's E3 direct, so I'm hoping it makes an appearance tomorrow.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion

I'm not the biggest indie game player, but I would like Hat kid. There's also Mugman that I would like, but I don't think it really count as indie game because Microsoft was involved.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Thanks, that's clear. I thought it was Verge's source who knew a name, but if the information is passed along multiple people like that it makes things a lot more complicated. Also puts it in new perspective of how reliable (or unreliable) the information can be.
I think a lot of people assumed his source knew, but he posted a direct quote from his source that said "My source wouldn't get specific but did say that none of those characters mentioned above are Fighter 5."

Sysreq

Smash Ace
Let's see for me I think:
Shantae
ICEY
Jill from Cyberpunk Bartender Action Va11 Hall-A (also the music because it's so goddamn good)
Reimu too

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
It's still weird as **** that this source of his says it's "Not Bamco" then pulls a "Not sure" on KOS-MOS.

I really don't trust either Verg nor Sabi, but that part sticks out.

Yeah yeah, the 'legal' ****, but a no's a no, you don't really get to pull a "Wait, maybe not" if you say "X company is out."

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The Knight from Hollow Knight has been my go to for a while. It's one of my favorite indie games to come out in the past few years and I could easily envision the little bug boy working in Smash.
Honorable mentions go to Isaac, Hat Kid, Cuphead and Subject Zero

Last edited by a moderator:

Lady Kuki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetraRal01
3DS FC
4854-7185-6306

Cuphead.
Cuphead is probably one of my favorite games ever. I'm a fan of the rubberhose style and I'd love to have some of its tracks in Smash.

Roberk

Smash Champion
Makoto nah.jpg

No more leakers man, at this point I can just focus on IRL stuff, be patient, and be naturally surprised in three days' time at TGA. Imo text leaks are dumb as hell when it's just some internet stranger saying something is in "because they have a source but I can't actually verify it with you because of muh private Discords". Sabi had a source for E3 and that's it (and it was mostly non-Nintendo stuff), and with Vergeben while he had stuff for the base game we really didn't learn anything substantial from him in the DLC cycle. Even if insiders actually have information and some people in this community actually have connections, it's not like they tell us anything before the reveal for it to matter.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I think it’s silly and ridiculous to be so devoted and attentive to what comes out of the leakers mouths and hold it to almost biblical standards but I also think it’s just as crazy to expect leakers to stake all of their credibility and “work” on informing us who to expect for F5 which could potentially cause legal issues for themselves and their sources.

However, I think it’s perfectly understandable, preferable, and sane to just sit back and talk about Smash characters and how they could be included until F5 is revealed and enjoy the ride since we only get it every so often.

KatKit

Smash Lord
I remember that one game I mentioned earlier! It's called The Pathless (from the makers of Abzu). This looks like my jam.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

The Dancer from Bound
Red (Transistor)
Ori
Ajna (Indivisible)
Shantae
Parasoul (Skullgirls)
Miriam (Bloodstained)
Lea (Crosscode)
Untitled Goose
Shank
A Touhou rep

There's also a character from an upcoming game that's like Princess Mononoke/Okami/Zelda. She's a hunter and she has purification arrows. I can never remember the title, but it looks sooo fun. She has a hunter-like jump/prance when she walks. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? Anyways, I want her in, too.
>Alyssa, Lea and Ori
1575951619466.gif

for real, you got impeccable taste

Last edited:

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion

The Dancer from Bound
Red (Transistor)
Ori
Ajna (Indivisible)
Shantae
Parasoul (Skullgirls)
Miriam (Bloodstained)
Lea (Crosscode)
Untitled Goose
Shank
A Touhou rep

Red would be an absolute dream for me, I'd love for a Red Mii sword costume as long as if came with music like sans did because it has one of my favorite soundtracks ever.

Also someone else remembers Shank! Klei makes really good stuff but that game often gets overlooked.

StarBot

Smash Lord
NNID
TheStarBot
To be fair John specifically said that many Final fantasy games would come on Switch, except the 8 and it was perfectly right. Of course he might just be very lucky, but some of his "predictions" are sometime very spot on.
It was common knowledge that they couldn't probably port 8 because of the lost source code

UnknownTemptation

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, I’m new on here and have read this for some time because I’m a smash fan and have been eager to know who’s next just like anyone else.
I was wondering how I could post some fan art on here on some characters I drew by hand recently and who I wanted in smash for some time. Sorry for the lack of punctuations and run on’s. I literally just got here and based on the options. I’m not sure how to post the picture on here yet and have tried several of the options. It’s not urgent for anyone to respond or wanna make suggestions but was just curious to know. For anyone who knows. I thank you in advance if you’d like to help out. I already have the picture on my phone and don’t know how to send it on here that I personally illustrated and yeah I could use a different username lol my apologies. Couldn’t think of anything all that creative atm

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Hey guys, I’m new on here and have read this for some time because I’m a smash fan and have been eager to know who’s next just like anyone else.
I was wondering how I could post some fan art on here on some characters I drew by hand recently and who I wanted in smash for some time. Sorry for the lack of punctuations and run on’s. I literally just got here and based on the options. I’m not sure how to post the picture on here yet and have tried several of the options. It’s not urgent for anyone to respond or wanna make suggestions but was just curious to know. For anyone who knows. I thank you in advance if you’d like to help out. I already have the picture on my phone and don’t know how to send it on here that I personally illustrated and yeah I could use a different username lol my apologies. Couldn’t think of anything all that creative atm
If you are uploading them directly you can use the "Attach Files" option directly beneath the post box. If you are just linking them to the post then you can use the image icon beside the smilies icon in the options box above your post.

Lady Kuki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetraRal01
3DS FC
4854-7185-6306
First of all, you can simply add images by going to "Insert Image", then clicking on the large white button that goes "Drop here". There, you can upload your image of choice for all to see. An alternative is by going on imgur, twitter, etc. and putting in your image by clicking on "Insert Link". Insert link's functions are self-explanatory at that point.

Second of all, you can post your pictures here! We won't mind, but do keep in mind that there is a general, social thread too: https://smashboards.com/threads/a-social-thread.484266/ I think as long as you're on topic and don't treat this as an art thread, you should be fine. Welcome!

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566

Lilac from Freedom Planet
Quote from Cave Story
Madeline from Celeste
Shantae
Katana ZERO
The Messenger from The Messenger

All come to my mind right now.

Lady Kuki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetraRal01
3DS FC
4854-7185-6306
Lilac from Freedom Planet
Quote from Cave Story
Madeline from Celeste
Shantae
Katana ZERO
The Messenger from The Messenger

All come to my mind right now.
sfgsdxbgadavb I forgot to bring up Lilac from FP. I loooved that game. Hope the second one's good.

GKMLTTSB

Smash Ace
Touhou (most likely Reimu)
Doki Doki Literature Club (most likely Monika)
Yume Nikki (Madotsuki)
Umiharu Kawase [if you want to count her as indie]
Recettear (Recette and Tear)
NeoPets [if you want to count it]

Shroob

Sup?
It was common knowledge that they couldn't probably port 8 because of the lost source code
Alright, but how well known was it that the Switch was getting those 4 FF games

While also getting that Kirby game which, afaik, no one talked about.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152

• Shantae
  • Hat Kid

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord

Just give me The Knight from Hollow Knight. One of my favorite games of all time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom