• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Hey, Phoenix is disconfirmed again. Right on schedule, might I add.

Call me in 9 hours when he isn't once more.

D

Deleted member

Hey, Phoenix is disconfirmed again. Right on schedule, might I add.

Call me in 9 hours when he isn't once more.
It's not just being deconfirmed once;it's like beating a dead grasshopper over and over again...and it's not satisfying.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
I know it has nothing to do with a Smash reveal, but since there’s a Indie showcase tomorrow, who are some Indie characters that you would personally love to have any representation in Smash no matter how unlikely?

One of mine would be Wilson from Don't Starve, one my favorite games.
Peppino from Pizza Tower, i would have some of his attacks inspired by Wario Land. And one of his victory screens should be the Perfect rank.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

This is a hell of a long trial. When’s the final piece of evidence that starts playing cornered?
I don't play Ace Attorney, might as well play it after we get FP5, but....this sounds awfully like something out of the game, correct me if I'm wrong XD

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
This is a hell of a long trial. When’s the final piece of evidence that starts playing cornered?
If I know this cartoon, there's a sign saying "Maya Fey is the next fighter".

Both Phoenix and Edgeworth go after her for the invite.
This "trial" would be over a lot faster if Shelly de Killer had kidnapped Maya and demanded Wright to get included in Smash within a day.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
I see that Verge is trying to cover his ass.

I know it has nothing to do with a Smash reveal, but since there’s a Indie showcase tomorrow, who are some Indie characters that you would personally love to have any representation in Smash no matter how unlikely?

One of mine would be Wilson from Don't Starve, one my favorite games.
Obviously Shantae, but Madeline from Celeste would be a fun and unique addition.

The Goose from Untitled Goose Game would be pure chaos.

Plank08

Smash Lord
I’m on team “wait until Nintendo leaks it themselves because Sabi and Vergeben are unreliable and should be taken with a grain of salt because good lord this is just dumb”

KillerCage

Smash Master
This video sums up the state of Smash speculation right now.

Shroob

Sup?
As much as I think Verg is trying to cover his butt, he does bring up an interesting point.

Would Nintendo own her XB2 design? Would this end up being a case where Nintendo owns the rights to Bayonetta 2 entirely?

D

Deleted member

As much as I think Verg is trying to cover his butt, he does bring up an interesting point.

Would Nintendo own her XB2 design? Would this end up being a case where Nintendo owns the rights to Bayonetta 2 entirely?
They might own the design, but not anything else I'd wager.

cothero

Smash Lord
It's going to be pretty ironic if Vergeben actually end up killing his reputation with the last fighter of the pass. And Sabi bashing Vergeben clearly demonstrates her desperation around the lack of information. It only get worse.

Last edited:

Lady Kuki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetraRal01
3DS FC
4854-7185-6306
Something tells me that if fighter 5 is someone no major leaker got, it's gonna scare off potential new leakers from Smash for a long time. Seems like Nintendo's starting to get better at making sure nothing gets revealed.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
All this confusion about companies owning specific designs of a character reminded me of when many years ago I thought that Nintendo could have reintroduced Geno in the Mario series without copyright issues, by making another doll with a different look and telling that the spirit inside is "that star who helped Mario in a former adventure", without mentioning Geno directly.

I imagined it as a red puppet similar to a cooler Shy Guy with a modified (less evil-looking) version of a Phanto mask instead of the usual shy-guy mask, made of fabric instead of wood; it was not much different than Dimentio from Super Paper Mario the way I imagined it (can't remember if my idea came before or after seeing Dimentio).

It would have been a lot different than the Geno we are used to, but at least the spirit of the character would have stayed in the series he belongs to.

Gamma Ray

Smash Apprentice
Jeez, if that's the case then KOS-MOS is literally on the same level as every other character with the one exception being Verge's source "not knowing" if she's in or not.
How does his source not know though? Hadn't they heard a name? Either it's the name or it's not, shouldn't be that hard.

I was going to take a break from this thread but it's hard avoiding all the speculation. But I will try stay away again.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
How does his source not know though? Hadn't they heard a name? Either it's the name or it's not, shouldn't be that hard.

I was going to take a break from this thread but it's hard avoiding all the speculation. But I will try stay away again.
To repost what I posted earlier, the chain of information is like this

Person who knows FP5 > Unknown amount of people > Verge's Source > Verge > Us

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Kinda curious as to why Pac-Man wasn't in there...
I was never a fan of Pac-Man in Smash. I still was on the fence about him even after I heard him leaked back in the day. I’m still not a fan. But oh well. However, I loved his games and largely grew up on them.

That wishlist was also made in 2006 as well. Crazy to think that there may be some members here/kids who play Smash Ultimate that was born in that year.

About KOS-MOS, what would be a suitable stage for her. And onto Phoenix, how could a courtroom stage be made interesting if you consider the past DLC stages? They are kind of special and not your typical stages.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom