• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Okay, looks like I was wrong about Bethesda.

Looks this raises the chances that FP5 is Dragonborn and Doomguy gets mii costumed with Cacomallow being real. Wouldn’t be too happy about that, unless Master Chief gets in down the line. I just want a space marine, so give me at least one. Both would be cool though.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I think that if KOS-MOS if FP5, then they would instead reveal her in a January Direct.
Wouldn't VGA create more buzz in general?

I get that KOS-MOS isn't the most well-known character, but that doesn't mean revealing her in a big event is necessarily a poor decision. No such thing as bad publicity and all.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero

I get that KOS-MOS isn't the most well-known character, but that doesn't mean revealing her in a big event is necessarily a poor decision. No such thing as bad publicity and all.
It wouldn't be as great because Xenosaga is currently a dead series.

Barrubo

Smash Apprentice

That's what I was thinking. I got hooked on Persona 5 because I watched that reveal. And I never knew of Persona beforehand.

D

Deleted member

so is the character sabi is talking about from verges old deconfirm list?

XorahnGaia

Smash Journeyman
Verg, hours after his initial post: "I was wrong, let me clarify"
Sabi, nearly 2 days later: "Verg was wrong"
Aigh't cool thanks for that
Pretty much, there are still some company from Saturday list that have yet to be confirmed or not, so even if we concede that this isn't one last attempt at staying relevant in the speculation game, it still doesn't tell us anything new.

D

Deleted member

Feel Sabi is bull****ing now, mate cannot stand Verge take the stage.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
This whole leaker drama feels like a soap opera now TBH.

I want this dumb pass to be over and done with already.

D

Deleted member

I think we're all focusing too much on KOSMOS appealing to the VGA crowd. GameXplain brought up a good point in their discussion video, in which Nintendo's most likely going to show off at least something else at the VGA. It's what they've historically done. KOSMOS doesn't have to carry the VGA like Joker did, especially if the other news is big like BOTW 2 or something

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Screw Smash Bros., this is the REAL news.
Cool to see Reggie doing what he loves even in retirement.

Doubt this ties into Smash Bros, however, because he cut ties with the company's inside knowledge. Still cool to see Reggie again

BZocky

Smash Ace
Last edited:

Lighteni

Smash Journeyman

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
>Reggie when he see Verge & Sabi rumors.

No for real, I'm really glad he is back for the VGA.

EDIT: One day, I got the message that Smashboards servers are made of woods.

Last edited:

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
Look, all insiders are bull but for what reason should I place more trust in Sabi than Verge? For all we know, it's them whose source is wrong.

Reggie's body transcends retirement.

TwiceEXE

Smash Ace
Seems like there is a good deal of confusion with Sabi's tweets. Here is the only new info: Sony is not FP5. That is added to the other disconfirmations she has made. Ryu, Sora, Dante, Doomguy, Geno, Crash, Tales of, Falcom, Nippon Ichi.

If Sabi is correct it is anyone not from those companies/those characters.

Tony Scott

Smash Rookie
So Sabi just said the leak Verge said was incorrect was also incorrect. I don’t see how thats adding anything new. Besides highlighting verges admitted mistake.

AntagonisticGalaxyCetacea

Smash Journeyman
So Sabi just said the leak Verge said was incorrect was also incorrect. I don’t see how thats adding anything new. Besides highlighting verges admitted mistake.
It doesnt matter, as long as Sabi can get his flock of diehard fanboys to attack and doubt Vergeben more, he accomplished his goal

Kokiden

Smash Ace
This leaker drama is so childish.

Bunch of attention wh*res. Good grief.

They must feel good about themselves getting all this attention.

If jerking around people on the internet gets their jimmies off, they need better hobbies. Either state who it is clearly, or don't.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
There was a problem fetching the tweet

IF THIS IS TRUE.... my bet is KOS-MOS
Oh look, what a twist, nobody saw this coming I'm completely surprised. At this point I was hoping for Ammy (among others) for FP5 regardless of what Sabi, or Verge says, but if this somehow increases Ammy chances then so be it.

Plank08

Smash Lord
So in that case, Fatman is an ass who used this info as leverage in case he got kicked out. What a hero
Orrrr maybe he felt that Sabi should be called out for her terrible actions, he has shown no signs of doing this for himself, I don’t like all these baseless accusations torwards him, he doesn’t deserve it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom