• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I'm on team fake here. The ESRB leak just doesn't end Sm4sh's roster with a bang, so it can't be real. Nintendo wouldn't be that daft, right?
I'm on Team Real. I think this person on Smashboards is telling the truth about Mega Man and Ridley not being in Brawl along with the roster being 35 slots.

D

Deleted member

For real last time I played Smash I kept getting Kaboom every 2 Menu pulls, my friends were upset because they believe Kaboom is busted. I was in total horror at the monstrocity I had become as I can't defend Kaboom. I legit kept track and Kaboom only wouldn't show up if it showed up in the previous menu, what the ACTUAL ****, that's more bull**** than landing a 1% chance Thwack in Stamina mode
It's tragic. I've watched peoples reactions to getting whacked off-guard. They just feel so deflated when it happens because they were doing a cool combo on someone beforehand.

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Back from shoveling and playing with my dogs again. Anything I miss while gone or is it the same ol' speculation?

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
As a change of topic, what are people expecting/hoping to see in terms of characters if we get another season pass?
I'm expecting nothing until we see the first post pass character.

I don't know even what to expect for the 5th fighter on the pass let alone what's coming afterwards.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
It's tragic. I've watched peoples reactions to getting whacked off-guard. They just feel so deflated when it happens because they were doing a cool combo on someone beforehand.
Oh no that's the absolute best, the guy had 120 stamina when we started at 150. It's just that Kaboom is ****ing stupid and getting it every 2 menu pulls isn't fun for anyone

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So more back and forth between the leakers it seems? I'll still speculate but I think its sideline time for a bit.

D

Deleted member

Oh no that's the absolute best, the guy had 120 stamina when we started at 150. It's just that Kaboom is ****ing stupid and getting it every 2 menu pulls isn't fun for anyone
I never realized kaboom came up as much as it did. Granted, I blow all my mp early so I never really have the funds to use it. That's probably the only thing that keeps it "balanced."

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Before I go for the night, I got to say, if we only count the DLC character in the pass and not Plant, Banjo is going to feel so left out if all 4 others DLC character are more or less normal looking humans with pretty face and that stuff.

Kazooie probably doesn't give a **** tho.

Barrubo

Smash Apprentice
You know I just thought of something. A while ago Sakurei mentioned something interesting a month back concerning the fifth DLC.

"The Next fighter won't be known by anyone."

And then I thought. 'Doesnt that sound like an Indie character?' Since less people play Indie games then mainstream games. And with this new Indie Direct coming up I thought maybe the reveal might come tomorrow instead at the Game Awards.

What are your thoughts on this. This is just me brainstorming so I might be way off based.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
You know I just thought of something. A while ago Sakurei mentioned something interesting a month back concerning the fifth DLC.

And then I thought. 'Doesnt that sound like an Indie character?' Since less people play Indie games then mainstream games. And with this new Indie Direct coming up I thought maybe the reveal might come tomorrow instead at the Game Awards.

What are your thoughts on this. This is just me brainstorming so I might be way off based.
Fairly certain he means the identity of the fighter isn't known by anyone.

Which is true, no one in the public knows who the fighter is.

D

Deleted member

Do you have a link? That sounds important.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I never realized kaboom came up as much as it did. Granted, I blow all my mp early so I never really have the funds to use it. That's probably the only thing that keeps it "balanced."
It has a 20% chance of popping up, which makes no goddamn sense. Kaboom's liklihood of appearing is an acceptable nerf to me, as for the other complaints from my friends, imma whack em

D

Deleted member

I would not reveal Fighter 5 tomorrow if I was behind the Nindies presentation.

Many indie developers have probably worked their way through to manage to get a good amount of recognition on their own presentation... A Smash reveal would ruin all that effort by overshadowing everything else.

I would let Nindies just stay with the indie stuff, since those developers deserve their time to shine.

D

Deleted member

It has a 20% chance of popping up, which makes no goddamn sense. Kaboom's liklihood of appearing is an acceptable nerf to me, as for the other complaints from my friends, imma whack em
Speaking of nerfs, did Hero's crit chance get nerfed recently? I'm not getting as much crits as I used to, but maybe that's because getting three crits in a row is the rarity and not the rule.

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
Real talk: Geoff says that insiders and 4Chan are spewing bull****. Not surprised at all.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Speaking of nerfs, did Hero's crit chance get nerfed recently? I'm not getting as much crits as I used to, but maybe that's because getting three crits in a row is the rarity and not the rule.
From what I can tell no crit nerfs, a 12.5 percent crit chance is pretty low when your Smash attacks are kinda crap meaning they'll miss a lot

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I highly doubt that they would reveal a Smash character during an Indie-focused direct.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
It's Fair and Balanced. Basically, you never criticize, but your opponent will always crit.

TF2 gameplay now in Smash! all that's needed is auto balance for team battles

cothero

Smash Lord
Hi, little friends. I'll retreat myseft about that statement on KOS-MOS. Although i didn't intended to offend anyone, i can see now that my comment got a bit harsh on some people. I have only one problem with KOS-MOS: for me, her design too animesque and generic. You see, even Joker brings something original in the midst of all these anime looking characters, which is obvious - Smash is a japanese game. I'm aware a lot of people like her and want her in the game, and there's obviously nothing wrong about that. But honestly, i didn't expected to stirred up such a hive. :laugh:

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero

Barrubo

Smash Apprentice
I would not reveal Fighter 5 tomorrow if I was behind the Nindies presentation.

Many indie developers have probably worked their way through to manage to get a good amount of recognition on their own presentation... A Smash reveal would ruin all that effort by overshadowing everything else.

I would let Nindies just stay with the indie stuff, since those developers deserve their time to shine.
Yea your probably right. Like I said less people play indie games so they have the right to at least have the spotlight.

D

Deleted member

Hello there, ladies and gentlemen!
7440C441-044F-4A0C-A406-D26420AFA964.gif
Jesus Christ, this thread is bigger than the Social Thread.

anyway, I don’t really care who #5 is at this point, just want to get the Fighters pass over with.
All of my most wanteds are 4th party anyway, so eh.

Barrubo

Smash Apprentice
as in literally "the public doesn't know who fighter 5 is yet" which is true. we don't know who the fighter is
But I don't think Sakurei is the kind of guy who would say something that might hurt his fans. I think there is a meaning in those words.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom