• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmphabulouSnake

Smash Journeyman
So basically both Phoenix Wright and KOS-MOS are still in the running :D
Will it be our beloved lawyer or the deadly cyborg? or someone else completely?
3 DAYS REMAINS BEFORE THE TRUTH

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Orrrr maybe he felt that Sabi should be called out for her terrible actions, he has shown no signs of doing this for himself, I don’t like all these baseless accusations torwards him, he doesn’t deserve it.
How long has he known? In order to be confident enough to say this with evidence that **** literally cannot be after he was fired, let's be VERY generous and say 2 weeks. He kept it a secret for 2 weeks to go "GUYS SABI IS AWFUL" after he got kicked out, not before, heavily suggesting he doesn't actually care and wants to drag Sabi down with him as he realized his cult doesn't care

DMTN

Smash Journeyman
KOS-MOS gives me Nakoruru vibes:

- Often used for crossovers.
- Not the main protagonist.
- Arguably more popular than the main protagonist.
- Got a sudden increase in popularity right before a supposed reveal.
- Incredibly niche.
- Starts appearing in many leaks, usually because a somewhat credible leak named the character (5chan leak for Hayabusa, Milk-BOSATU for Nakoruru, Cat leak for KOS-MOS).

Nakoruru had to make due with a Mii costume. I fear that KOS-MOS will meet a similar end.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
KOS-MOS gives me Nakoruru vibes:

- Often used for crossovers.
- Not the main protagonist.
- Arguably more popular than the main protagonist.
- Got a sudden increase in popularity right before a supposed reveal.
- Incredibly niche.
- Starts appearing in many leaks, usually because a somewhat credible leak named the character (5chan leak for Hayabusa, Milk-BOSATU for Nakoruru, Cat leak for KOS-MOS).

Nakoruru had to make due with a Mii costume. I fear that KOS-MOS will meet a similar end.
Clearly this means Albedo is FP5. For his neutral special he rips off his own goddamn head oh god oh **** CERO's gonna murder Sakurai

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
You know, whenever there comes a stupid fan war with multiple sides, I always feel it best to return to my roots.

NIHILIST GANG WHERE YOU AT?

blackghost

Smash Champion
I think we're all focusing too much on KOSMOS appealing to the VGA crowd. GameXplain brought up a good point in their discussion video, in which Nintendo's most likely going to show off at least something else at the VGA. It's what they've historically done. KOSMOS doesn't have to carry the VGA like Joker did, especially if the other news is big like BOTW 2 or something
this is likely what would happen. bayonetta 3 and metroid prime 4 announcements were arguably bigger than the smash announcement. This year we assume bayo 3, prime 4, and breath of the wild 2 should all make appearances as well.

also if KOS-MOS gets in im going straight to the geno thread to bask in the salt.

VongolaFair

Smash Apprentice
As a change of topic, what are people expecting/hoping to see in terms of characters if we get another season pass?

DMTN

Smash Journeyman
Clearly this means Albedo is FP5. For his neutral special he rips off his own goddamn head oh god oh **** CERO's gonna murder Sakurai
It would make for one hell of a trailer at the VGA's. What would make it funnier is that no one in the audience would know who Albedo is.

D

Deleted member

You know, whenever there comes a stupid fan war with multiple sides, I always feel it best to return to my roots.

NIHILIST GANG WHERE YOU AT?
We literally are at the point now to where the lists brought up wont matter if what Sabi said is true. Nothing matters until they come to a solution.

also if KOS-MOS gets in im going straight to the geno thread to bask in the salt.
Don't be a troll.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
D

Deleted member

As a change of topic, what are people expecting/hoping to see in terms of characters if we get another season pass?
I'm hoping for promotions. Bomberman, Geno, and XC2 would be cool.

Nothing matters
We are all going to die
Come play Smash Brothers.
Real talk, this is pretty much all I think when I see a group get together to play Smash. Nobody's focusing on the inner-leaker politics or how Terry came out of nowhere and ate their grandchildren.

Just dudes playing Smash and having a good time...

And also hating Hero.

Last edited by a moderator:

SKX31

Smash Master
This whole leaker drama feels like a soap opera now TBH.

I want this dumb pass to be over and done with already.
Something tells me that Post-Pass will be even dumber.

tumblr_pg17oyuIjn1ueapts_400.jpg

While I'd love 100 characters being reached, I don't think it'll quite reach that number.
I'm hoping for more variety - although I'm really happy with the FP, so I'm not complaining anyhow.
I'm expecting a "China pick" if the Switch does well there (and apparently early signs are that it's doing so despite all the stuff going against it, although will have to confirm that).

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
It would make for one hell of a trailer at the VGA's. What would make it funnier is that no one in the audience would know who Albedo is.
Even I don't know who he is beyond Crazy Self-Decapitating Wheat Lover
Expect? **** all.
Want? Miriam Bloodstained, Shanoa, Sol Badguy, Master Chief, 90 percent of Capcom, etc

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Thoughts

The most interesting part of this someone/company on verges list before the update had the right answer

D

Deleted member

Real talk, this is pretty much all I think when I see a group get together to play Smash. Nobody's focusing on the inner-leaker politics or how Terry came out of nowhere and ate their grandchildren.

And also hating Hero.
This is every Smash session I have with my IRL friends in a nutshell, lol.

Lighteni

Smash Journeyman
Personally I’m on team real here. The Grinch promotional material convinced me, why would this French guy have access to it if this wasn’t real?

D

Deleted member

And also hating Hero.
It's all fun and games until somebody gets Thwacked several times in a row and the weight of your sins starts to crush your fragile sense of morality

D

Deleted member

Personally I’m on team real here. The Grinch promotional material convinced me, why would this French guy have access to it if this wasn’t real?
That Psynergy item has fully convinced me that KOSMOS might have a shot.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, and the art hasn’t been found anywhere else.

How could someone make their own art?

D

Deleted member

It's all fun and games until somebody gets Thwacked several times in a row and the weight of your sins starts to crush your fragile sense of morality
You know it gets bad when even you yourself start to get pissed at winning the game.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
There was a problem fetching the tweet

IF THIS IS TRUE.... my bet is KOS-MOS
Doesn't that just basically tell us what Vergeben already said himself? That the big kill list he made on Saturday was wrong? If so, once again, Sabi has contributed not much of value.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Can I get some, uhh, new franchises?

You can't tell from our current DLC line-up, but some video game series started after 1999.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I'm on team fake here. The ESRB leak just doesn't end Sm4sh's roster with a bang, so it can't be real. Nintendo wouldn't be that daft, right?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
You know it gets bad when even you yourself start to get pissed at winning the game.
For real last time I played Smash I kept getting Kaboom every 2 Menu pulls, my friends were upset because they believe Kaboom is busted. I was in total horror at the monstrocity I had become as I can't defend Kaboom. I legit kept track and Kaboom only wouldn't show up if it showed up in the previous menu, what the ACTUAL ****, that's more bull**** than landing a 1% chance Thwack in Stamina mode

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
Just watched a series about the Apocalypse and how the people riot, this seems pretty similar.
And still we don't know who is, awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom