• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gazorpazorpfield

Smash Journeyman
Everyone is about to get BTFO on Thursday when Pitfall Harry steals the show, thus cancelling all further DLC as nobody could live up to him.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Some people will be on Team Verge some on Team Sabi, but I am on Team screw them both and wait on TGA.
I'm on team "just let Phoenix die already so I can stop having even a little bit of hope".

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I think Sabi only knows knows about as much about about Fighter 5 as anyone else on these boards.
Except of course for the seemingly unused lurker account that's the person at Nintendo who has to monitor internet activity. If your fanart gets reported, you'll know who it was.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Veterans of Smash 4 speculation, please tell me your war stories. I am interested in hearing about them,
I guess my thing with Smash 4 speculation was just being generally underwhelmed by the game in general. I thought the newcomers were fun enough but the only 2 I really wanted were Little Mac and Mega Man, I felt that all of the good stages were stuck on the 3DS version along with Smash Run, I thought the majority of the new songs/remixes were awful and I stand by that wholeheartedly, and in general just didn't like the game that much, I found myself still having way more fun with fan games and mods.

Then the ballot happened, and I was genuinely suprised by it. Nintendo actually asking people who they wanted in Smash? So I vote just like everyone else does and follow all the polls and discussions about who people think will win and who's going to get in, and then CLOUD gets announced and I'm actually getting super excited because if they actually listened for Cloud of all people who knows who they're going to add. Of course I hear people joking about him being another anime swordsman, I don't mind it but I go along with the joke and start saying "well atleast it's NOT ANOTHER FIRE EMBLEM SWORDSMAN WITH A COUNTER, because even Nintendo isn't dumb enough to do that". And then the Smash Direct happened, Corrin is revealed, I am stuck staring at my screen just completely bewildered, and the moment I saw he had a counter I just gave up and starting ****posting. (Of course, I learned nothing from this experience and continued joking about Nintendo being stupid enough to make Sticker Star 2, BECUASE ITS NOT LIKE THAT WOULD EVER HAPPEN, and when it did I actually lost it.)

Then I'm like, atleast we still have the Ballot Winner, I wonder who it is? And then it's Bayonnetta, and I'm just completely disappointed on every level. I'm fine with her being in, I think she SHOULD be in, and I don't deny that people wanted her, but it never felt like "Yea, if the Smash Community voted to get ONE character in, it would be Bayonnetta". Like, no, I still don't even think she won the ballot, hell Sakurai even confirmed that SHE DIDN'T, Snake got more votes than her along with certain other "unrealizable characters" whoever that could be. It just felt like she got in because she had a game on Wii U and they didn't have to negotiate the rights for her at all because Sega was already involved, she was just another relevancy pick like everyone else in Smash 4 minus the third parties. You want to know where and why the whole relevancy argument really takes off? Because Smash 4 abided by it ENTIRELY.

This entire episode happens at the exact time that I felt that Nintendo wasn't listening to people the most, what with the trainwreck of E3 2015, all the stuff with fan content and Youtube claiming, Color Splash existing, I just felt such a disconnect from them. It just killed any hype I had for Smash character-wise going forward and even after Ultimate was announced and giving me so much I wanted (hazard switch, nerfing rolls/shields, battlefield forms, all the stages from past games, a god-tier ost like Brawl again), even after getting Ridley, after Simon and RICHTER, a literal pipe dream complete with a massive remix list, I still thought "This is amazing, but it's not like they're going to add anyone just because people ask for them, they have to be in a new game or be from a big legacy franchise or something. Yea I'd love K.Rool but he's never going to actually get in Sakurai doesn't even like Donkey Kong." I've really never been so happy to be wrong in my life.

Last edited:

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
All I want in Smash is one of the side taunts to be a designated "NANI?!?!"
button for when you get KO'd by something unexpectedly.

D

Deleted member

Leaker drama continues as Sabi is now saying Verge is wrong and the character is from the deconfirm list.

It's literally Guess Who at this point, but exhausting!
Given how Vergeben deconfirmed Namco but got no word about KOSMOS specifically, the implications are that it could be KOSMOS.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Team Sabi
Team Verge
Team Geoff
I'll probably be Team get a good nights sleep and curse this stupid spherical planet.

KillerCage

Smash Master
Leaker drama continues as Sabi is now saying Verge is wrong and the character is from the deconfirm list.

It's literally Guess Who at this point, but exhausting!
$%#&(# SABI!
STOP GIVING HOPE!
MY BRAIN CAN'T TAKE THIS INSANITY!

TwiceEXE

Smash Ace
If Sabi is correct that means FP5 is from one of these:
  • Capcom
  • Bandai Namco
  • Sega
  • Konami
  • Ubisoft
  • Arc Sys
  • Spike Chunsoft
  • Marvelous
  • Epic Games
  • ZUN
  • Bethesda
  • Koei Tecmo
  • Activision
  • Blizzard
  • Microsoft
  • Square
  • Nintendo
That... doesn't really narrow it down much.

Barrubo

Smash Apprentice
If Sabi says Verge is wrong then does that mean Reimu is back on the board?

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I'm on team "why is Creatures Inc. removed from Game Freaks site".

Yeah this happened

Actual team: Team Fake until proven real

D

Deleted member

Not sure why people are jumping on teams when Verge has yet to deconfirm KOSMOS yet. Remember, his source for some reason couldn't deny her but previously denied all Namco reps. Strange, innit?

D

Deleted member

>Dark Phoenix
>Phoenix Wright
>The literal Phoenix
>Joaquin Phoenix

Are there any more Phoenixes we should know about?

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
>mfw I get to see everything happens from the inside, and it makes me die of laugher, realizing that we might as well go fully blindly at the TGA for FP5 as we really know nothing at all

D

Deleted member

>mfw I get to see everything happens from the inside, and it makes me die of laugher, realizing that we might as well go fully blindly at the TGA for FP5 as we really know nothing at all
Care to explain?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
>Dark Phoenix
>Phoenix Wright
>The literal Phoenix
>Joaquin Phoenix

Are there any more Phoenixes we should know about?
The Dragon from Dragalia Lost?

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Insider eh? The info doesn't surprise me, given the hijinks that have ensued.

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
Her stage would probably be one of the ships in Episode I, such as the Woglinde.

Her Final Smash should be X Buster, Go to 4:40 to check that out.
Nah, watch it be Abel's Ark. It reflects all the games in a way. Abel is both important in Gears, Saga, also the Sammarian ships in Xenoblade X look EXACTLY like Abel's Ark. Plus, there are more references in Xenoblade 2 also. Trust me

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Care to explain?
Insiders are basically playing guess who alongside us with their sources.
And with how Sabi stopped to asks for anything, and Verge royally ****ed up, there nothing to win anymore lmao.

I'll still believe the NOA source that told us no Capcom, but it's more me believing a friend than anything.

doomedtacox

Smash Ace
You guys do realize Sabi said that Verge WAS wrong, and not that he's CURRENTLY wrong as per his recent clarification after a misunderstanding, right? There ain't some big war going on rofl.

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
Does not change KOS-MOS either negatively or positively because she's already on the list of not-Fighter5 companies (Bandai Namco.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom