• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banado_Boy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Banado_Boy
Switch FC
SW-3619-0087-7500
He was also the director of Abyss and Vesperia. It really doesn't mean anything. He was also a producer for 3DS/Wii U as well.
Looking further, it seems he’s also been a bit involved with a few other Namco stuff, like Soulcalibur V, Ridge Racer, etc.... Yeah, you’re right. That’s my bad.

Last edited:

GKMLTTSB

Smash Ace
Reeeeeaaaaaaaaaally hoping we dont end the pass with Lloyd the generic JRPG man.

Give us Sora, the cool JRPG man
What we really need preceding RPG is neither "generic" nor "cool".
It is merely an O. Potentially following 2 M's.

it's either sora or using club penguin for disney if they're bold to make such a claim :nifty:
Guybrush Threepwood for Disney Rep.

BlackInk

Smash Lord
Well on the note of that non-argument, I'm going to bed.
A non-argument? Really? It’s like you instantly forget who Microsoft is and why are extremely hard to do mii costumes with. They are literally the reason why Banjo isn’t in smash till now. SNK, SEGA, Square, and Namco are much easier for Nintendo to work with.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
They are literally the reason why Banjo isn’t in smash till now.
Didn't Sakurai say that Banjo was one of the easiest aquired third parties for Smash during his presentation

BlackInk

Smash Lord
Didn't Sakurai say that Banjo was one of the easiest aquired third parties for Smash during his presentation
Getting the banjo character might be the easiest part, but trying to derive anything outside of the fighter pack is expectedly out of the question. They’re probably reverse Sqaure Enix.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Getting the banjo character might be the easiest part, but trying to derive anything outside of the fighter pack is expectedly out of the question. They’re probably reverse Sqaure Enix.
wouldnt that make them exactly square enix

DMTN

Smash Journeyman
I think the lack of Banjo/Microsoft Mii costumes is simply because Microsoft is a western company, not because Microsoft was being difficult. Microsoft was the first 3rd party franchise to be featured in Smash, so I think Sakurai is just testing the waters. It's clearly outside his comfort zone. This becomes even more obvious when you consider that it took five games to finally get a western composer on board. The success of the Banjo DLC, and especially the Undertale DLC, might convince Sakurai to include more content from western franchises.

BlackInk

Smash Lord
I think the lack of Banjo/Microsoft Mii costumes is simply because Microsoft is a western company, not because Microsoft was being difficult. Microsoft was the first 3rd party franchise to be featured in Smash, so I think Sakurai is just testing the waters. It's clearly outside his comfort zone. This becomes even more obvious when you consider that it took five games to finally get a western composer on board. The success of the Banjo DLC, and especially the Undertale DLC, might convince Sakurai to include more content from western franchises.
Gimme my hollow knight dlc, Sakurai!

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
To be fair to Sans, Toby moved to Japan which makes negotiations easier.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Indie is a vague term that mostly describes non mainstream published games. The Shantae games are considered as such as Capcom didn't claim ownership of it after the first game and the needed to wait until consoles allowed download only games that the series came back.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
That's not what the latest poll we have that was conducted for persona Q2 says. As you can tell by the site, it indeed was conducted by Atlus.
http://p-ch.jp/news/2067/
P3 protaginst and Yu were 1st and 2nd on that poll, while Joker was 6th in that poll. Even characters like Yosuke and Goro beat him out. I might be wrong, but there hasn't been another poll conducted since then.
How the hell is Ann more popular than Makoto(P5) and Yusuke, those uncultured swines

To be fair to Sans, Toby moved to Japan which makes negotiations easier.
He did?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Before Sakurai went to get Banjo and Sans he went to get Shovel Knight (and Shantae).

Why we didn't even get a character like Mumbo Jumbo as a costume, when it would've worked well character, moveset, asset and series-wise I've no idea, but I doubt it was due to Microsoft. They seem pretty amenable to collaboration these days.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
Wait **** you guys. Remember that blatant fake a while ago with Maxwell Scribblenauts, Jonesy Fortnite and stuff? And how there's now Resi spirits?

Claire Redfield was stated to be the RE newcomer there. It likely means nothing but hmmmmm
Claire getting in over jill rubs me the wrong way its weird

BlackInk

Smash Lord
Before Sakurai went to get Banjo and Sans he went to get Shovel Knight (and Shantae).

Why we didn't even get a character like Mumbo Jumbo as a costume, when it would've worked well character, moveset, asset and series-wise I've no idea, but I doubt it was due to Microsoft. They seem pretty amenable to collaboration these days.
No, maama. It was because the Dragon Quest rap was so hip and cool, Americano companies ran out of the Nintendoor, preserving their green pictures of Goerge Washington.

XorahnGaia

Smash Journeyman
Wait **** you guys. Remember that blatant fake a while ago with Maxwell Scribblenauts, Jonesy Fortnite and stuff? And how there's now Resi spirits?

Claire Redfield was stated to be the RE newcomer there. It likely means nothing but hmmmmm
It's funny because that leak damaged Sabi's reputation pretty badly in some circles (like ResetEra). Pretty much everyone involved with the Hayabusa rumors stated that the stuff about Jonesy were all trolling...it's head-stratching that Sabi never made and upfront statement about what she actually thought of that leak.

KatKit

Smash Lord
If Adol does get in, then I think he'll continue what The Hero started and inherit a Spirit power as part of his moveset. With The Hero, they got the random critical hit ability, but with Adol, he'd get the "attack by dashing" ability, i.e. just running with Adol will count as an attack. This is because in the Ys games, you attack by running straight into an enemy with no button presses required.
I imagine him being able to move around while slashing, similar to Megaman being able to move while shooting pellets. Additionally, if you move while holding down the A button, Adol performs a charged slash attack instead. While charged, instead of walking forward, Adol performs his Quickstep move instead, instantly evading or closing the gap with his opponent. If someone hits Adol the moment he fully charges his slash attack, he performs a Flash Guard, which negates damage, reflects projectiles, and lets him counterattack. Flash Guard is like an auto parry/counter, but he uses it while attacking and it has to be perfectly timed.

That alone sets him apart from anyone wielding a melee weapon, but there's quite a bit they can do to make him feel fresh yet true to the character.

How the hell is Ann more popular than Makoto(P5) and Yusuke, those uncultured swines
I'm glad that Persona 3's FeMC got love.

With that being said, I'm not going to turn this into a waifu war, but Ann's the homie, and it's refreshing to see her top a poll for once.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
We all think its 2B, Sora, Phoenix, Amaterasu Dovahkiin or an Namco rep.

Watch it turns out to be Steve or Master Chief instead.
Heeeey at least is a female rep tho.

But nah fam watch we do get an Resident Evil rep but instead its Nemesis.

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982

They would have held off the Resident Evil spirits for her or any RE character anyhow.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
God, I'm just expecting Phoenix to get snapped any moment now but what a ride it's been. The fact that he's even on people's minds is exciting. As we say in the thread, during the darkest times a lawyer has to force their biggest smile, and the only time a lawyer can cry is when it's all over.

This is actually crazy exciting to me. Also I'm just saying with Joker, Terry, and Phoenix I'll have made out like a ****ing bandit this pass. lol

SNEKeater

Smash Master
God, I'm just expecting Phoenix to get snapped any moment now but what a ride it's been. The fact that he's even on people's minds is exciting. As we say in the thread, during the darkest times a lawyer has to force their biggest smile, and the only time a lawyer can cry is when it's all over.

This is actually crazy exciting to me. Also I'm just saying with Joker, Terry, and Phoenix I'll have made out like a ****ing bandit this pass. lol
Yeah. Also surprises me that Lloyd is still alive for FP5.

D

Deleted member

Yeah. Also surprises me that Lloyd is still alive for FP5.
Oi, Sabi hasn't said a word yet. She might come out with the information tonight (in my country technically), and I won't be there to catch it live.

The only time I might hear that Lloyd would get confirmed is that if everyone starts mentioning me left and right OR I waltz into this thread and everyone is still talking about Tales. Kinda hypothetical, but I think in advance.

I'm glad I'm getting to stay up a little bit longer. Just in case I get to see the response live from Smashboards.

MainJPW

M.T.A
We all think its 2B, Sora, Phoenix, Amaterasu Dovahkiin or an Namco rep.
Naw, they all hope it’s these characters.
Watch it turns out to be Steve or Master Chief instead.
Where have I heard that before. :bowsette:
Watch it be Heihachi at EVO.
Watch that we next get Sandbag or an Tetris Block.
Watch your all wrong and its Agumon.
Watch Lloyd be the next victim.

D

Deleted member

Still no word from Sabi, dammit. Spill the beans so we don't have to sit here and watch tributes get slain to deconfirmation..

Last edited by a moderator:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Nantenjex is saying that a "respected french journalist" is apparently saying Phoenix Wright is number 5. No source for this and the source he posted says nothing about this.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend

Smash speculation straight up feels like Phoenix being backed into a wall in court right about now.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Gosh I do hope that Phoenix shows up, especially if he is fighter 5.
Then one of my most wanted characters would finally be included.

All that would be left then is my boy Layton....

D

Deleted member

honestly hope Lloyd survives i like him a lot
Honestly if Lloyd is still not deconfirmed, it'll be disappointing because it won't be a surprise anymore. Such a shame that Joker is the Last Surprise.

We still have two more weeks/14 days to go! We can make it!
Dear God, you all know what I want. I just want a credible answer so I can finally face reality.

Nantenjex is saying that a "respected french journalist" is apparently saying Phoenix Wright is number 5.

Source: https://www.sourcegaming.info/2017/05/29/straight-from-the-source-atsushi-inaba-platinum-games/
Oh dear...

Sabi is gonna deconfirm again just watch

JustMyself13

Smash Journeyman
Nantenjex is saying that a "respected french journalist" is apparently saying Phoenix Wright is number 5. No source for this and the source he posted says nothing about this.

AD353DA0-8CCB-4A3C-9ED4-FCD934D9B145.gif

we had a good run, phoenixbros

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom