• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustMyself13

Smash Journeyman
919F726B-75B2-4548-BE31-B24E654DFB12.png

We should investigate if this guy has any credibility when it comes to leaking in general or in Smash specifically before making any judgement. Seeing as we’ve been tricked with fake Discord screenshots already, I’m suspecting this is bunk.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

https://youtu.be/SHt3FyE-VIQ?t=12633
“Characters that are new to the series, just like Joker from persona 5” (Reggie).
I’m getting tired of hearing this. He probably means series that don’t have a fighter yet and itdosent do anything to Lloyd and heihachi. I’m waiting for a base spirit character to destroy this argument like geno or my most wanted, shantae at some point in the future.

osby

Smash Obsessed
If he gets deconfirmed...

Monster Hunter, Ammy, and she-who-must-not-be-named-lest-she-gets-deconfirmed are the final Capcom legs.

I stayed up this long and this is what greets me. Yep, Bloody Friday here we goooo
Morrigan is pretty implausible as she is, I don't think you have to worry about jinxing her that much.

D

Deleted member

Morrigan is pretty implausible as she is, I don't think you have to worry about jinxing her that much.
IKR. But you do know Sakurai can curveball sometimes. And besides, it's all I can do for the character now. Still placing my money on KOS-MOS though.

Of course we also still have 2B, Agumon, Chosen Undead, Dovahkiin, Heihachi, KOS-MOS, Lloyd, Master Chief, Sora and Steve as well.
No wo-

2B. KOS-MOS

*drops sniper rifle*

View attachment 248534
We could always get another Sega boy.
You do know we don't reuse the same company for the Fighters Pass...

Anyway, I was just hoping if...

YO! SABI SPOKE! GUESS WHO GOT DEC-

WAIT WHA-

just kidding.

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
In the Running:
2B
Agumon
Amaterasu
Chosen Undead
Dovahkiin
Heihachi
KOS-MOS
Lara Croft
Lloyd Irving/Yuri Lowell
Master Chief
Phoenix Wright
Professor Layton
Reimu
Sora
Steve

In FP5 Limbo:
Crash Bandicoot
Dante
Doom Slayer
Ezio
Falcom rep
Geno
Rayman
Resident Evil rep
Ryu Hayabusa
Scorpion
Tracer

Last edited:

AmphabulouSnake

Smash Journeyman
I'm French and I beg y'all not to believe this journalist lol
He always rambles on rumors brought from his "sources" yet they're always either known by other leakers first or just straight up wrong
Still hoping Phoenix Wright gets in tho

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
If Proof of a Hero starts playing at the game awards then I'm going to lose my ****. Because it means we'll either get a new Monster Hunter game or Monster Hunter in Smash, and both choices are excellent to me.

Speaking of which, that new Monster Hunter Switch game that King Zell was talking about still hasn't been revealed yet and according to him it's a 2020 release, could we see it at the game awards?

D

Deleted member

Speaking of which, that new Monster Hunter Switch game that King Zell was talking about still hasn't been revealed yet and according to him it's a 2020 release, could we see it at the game awards?
Most definitely yes.

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
Gonna be real silly if FP5 is another Atlus character, but it’s still not a mainline SMT character.

D

Deleted member

Gonna be real silly if FP5 is another Atlus character, but it’s still not a mainline SMT character.
Come to think of it, it really does seem that Atlus is slowly catering more Persona content than SMT content. Well, it's their biggest cash cow at the moment, and opportunity is everything.

XorahnGaia

Smash Journeyman
Nantenjex is saying that a "respected french journalist" is apparently saying Phoenix Wright is number 5. No source for this and the source he posted says nothing about this.

In any other occasione i would say something like "don't do that, don't give me hope"...but i feel like any minute now Verge and/or Sabi qould come out and say "Lol he's not in".

Also, if the source is an unreliable journalist...pfff, yeah i'll take this with a hige grain of salt.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

In any other occasione i would say something like "don't do that, don't give me hope"...but i feel like any minute now Verge and/or Sabi qould come out and say "Lol he's not in".

Also, if the source is an unreliable journalist...pfff, he i'll take this with a hige grain of salt.
Does this journalist have any sort of connection to Smash as a whole? Like, worked with the devs and such? And you do know that these times, hope is a rare resource. Don't bet on it lest Sabi and Verge add him to their graveyard...and you know that everyone's not gonna be happy about it.

Because Persona's characters are more memorable.
IKR. But it always helps to look back at your roots.

KatKit

Smash Lord
It came out like a week ago, which is my point exactly
It's a rare instance of "Let's pick up exactly where we left off all those years ago and keep doing that, but in HD". The game is a love letter to Shenmue fans, but unfortunately, its charm and intentional jankyness is polarizing. I don't own it yet, but I love how it turned it. I hope it starts a weird "updated yet retro" trend; the game has a "fanmade" feel to it. It's an HD remake of a game that never came out lol. It's a shame it's not advertised much, but I think fans are just glad it exists, and they'll pick it up whenever they realize it's out and spread the news by word of mouth.

Last edited:

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Everytime a new character is brought up these past couple of days, and is dismissed by Vergeben or Sabi just a short while later, it honestly just feels like

D

Deleted member

So many people viewing today. Hmm...

WELCOME TO BLOODY FRIDAY, where hopes and dreams get crushed! Are you all ready to see who gets deconfirmed for the final slot of the Fighters Pass of Super Smash Bros Ultimate>? OR are you all willing to see who finally makes the cut? Find out more on ... BLOODY FRIDAY!

Warning:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
First off!

In the Running:
2B
Agumon
Amaterasu
Chosen Undead
Dovahkiin
Heihachi
KOS-MOS
Lara Croft
Lloyd Irving/Yuri Lowell
Master Chief
Phoenix Wright
Professor Layton
Reimu
Sora
Steve
Where the hell is Klonoa? That boy ain't dead yet and secondly

Imagine we're all wrong about these characters and we get an GTA character or John Marston as FP5.
This would be cool. John Marston, Arthur Morgan or Trevor Philips (He won't happen though)

It'll be Stocke from Radiant Historia.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
It's a rare instance of "Let's pick up exactly where we left off all those years ago and keep doing that, but in HD". The game is a love letter to Shenmue fans, but unfortunately, its charm and intentional jankyness is polarizing. I don't own it yet, but I love how it turned it. I hope it starts a weird "updated yet retro" trend; the game has a "fanmade" feel to it. It's an HD remake of a game that never came out lol. It's a shame it's not advertised much, but I think fans are just glad it exists, and they'll pick it up whenever they realize it's out and spread the news by word of mouth.
I get the same vibe from Shenmue 3 that I do from Kingdom hearts 3, they feel like they could have come out in the mid 2000's soon after their previous game. I like it.

We're really about to get a Trauma Center rep, huh?

We need Styles as a spirit.

XorahnGaia

Smash Journeyman
Does this journalist have any sort of connection to Smash as a whole? Like, worked with the devs and such? And you do know that these times, hope is a rare resource. Don't bet on it lest Sabi and Verge add him to their graveyard...and you know that everyone's not gonna be happy about it.
I know I know...I'm just don't want my hopes to raised just be crushed when Lloyd or something turns out to be the fifth character.

Like, Phoneix has still that 4chan post that got the date for Terry stream right (and i know it's not that hard to pull that off...but I'll always found curious how the post was straight to point and was posted one month before the presentation...whene Sakurai said the presentation was registered a month prioir to its streaming date).

We'll see. All I know is that The Game Awards can't come soon enough.

Last edited:

P.Kat

Smash Champion
From the infamous Assist Trophy Massacre of 2018 to the ghastly Spirit Harvest of 2019. Truly a scary time for us, as our beloved characters may or may not end up with their spirit snatched.

D

Deleted member

From the infamous Assist Trophy Massacre of 2018 to the ghastly Spirit Harvest of 2019. Truly a scary time for us, as our beloved characters may or may not end up with their spirit snatched.
It's not exactly limited to Spirits, mind you.

Sigh...off to bed right now. In the meantime...happy Bloody Friday!

Last edited by a moderator:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Just when we thought that we destroyed Galeem once and for all...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom