• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
As far as Capcom goes:

Series that could use the boost, but I'm not as interested in the cast as fighters: Breath of Fire rep
Series that could use the boost and I'd be keen to see a rep get in: Samanosuke Akechi (Onimusha) and Lei-Lei (Vampire Savior)
Series is pretty much completely and irreversibly dead, but I'd still really like a particular character: Tron Bonne (Mega Man Legends)
Just straight-up not happening: Vanessa Z. Schneider (P.N.03), Regina (Dino Crisis), Scissorman (Clock Tower), Fiona & Hewie (Haunting Ground) and Princess Devilotte de Deathsatan IX (Cyberbots)
>Fiona and Hewie
1574819312686.jpeg

Haunting Ground HD remaster when????

KatKit

Smash Lord
I ****ing knew it. Barry Burton is going to be the RE rep.
This was before your time here, fam... but it's a crazy coincidence that a fake leak that gained a lot of traction mentioned Claire Redfield. I'm just saying.

The sceond out of pass fighter is Claire Redfield from Resident evil, should be revealed around summer 2020.
Though Rebecca or Ada would be dope, IMO.

Last edited:

Droodle

Smash Lord
How is Phoenix more likely now that we have RE spirits?

If they're gonna relegate a series like RE to spirits whats to say they wouldn't do the same for Ace Attorney? or Okami? Or any other Capcom IP?
There's less competition for him to get in. A big argument people used against Phoenix was that Capcom has bigger series to advertise. And now Capcom's biggest series has gotten disconfirmed.

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
I'm really having hope for KOS-MOS now. If a character like Jill isn't happening then we need KOS-MOS for female representation. I dont see them doing a Namco spirit event. FP5 is obviously Namco at this point and the spirits will come with that.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Eventful day. Can't say I'm surprised at the RE spirits considering I never considered the series likely in the first place for a playable character.

I suppose I'll say this, Don't look for the biggest, most popular characters ever. The Smash roster is not nor has it ever been about that.

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
Looks like Phoenix and Dante’s chances shot up in light of this news. NGL, I feel terrible for those who wanted a RE rep.

greenluigiman2

Smash Ace
I was banking on Jill Valentine being #5. Now I'm out of solid ideas. I'm kinda leaning toward a Tales character now, even though I don't want that. My most wanted character is still Steve, and I think he'll be a post FP1 character if he's not #5 (which has yet to be shot down)

I suppose I'll say this, Don't look for the biggest, most popular characters ever. The Smash roster is not nor has it ever been about that.
For Nintendo characters, yeah, but a large majority of the 3rd party characters ARE the "biggest, most popular characters ever".

Last edited:

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Yeah, I’m actually real disappointed right now. I’m sorry if I annoyed anybody with my Resident Evil tirades and talking about it. I’ve really come a long way in loving the series, having played 80% of it in the last 2-3 years. I loved the gameplay, and the characters. Considering the series itself, I really just thought it would be in.

Alas, I was clearly wrong. Some folks are trying to stoke the flames of hope in me, that it means something for later on. For all I know, maybe spirits don’t disconfirm. Maybe Resident Evil 2 Leon will come later.

In my heart though...I’m pretty sure it’s over. One of my latest favorite series ends up as a set of Spirits.

This is a major missed opportunity. Some of the most iconic characters in gaming are out. Jill, one of the first major female characters, Chris “Boulder killer” Redfield, and of course Leon Kennedy. I’m pretty sad.

Like I’ll be fine. Just real sad right now.
I'm taking all of this with humour but I feel similar to you, I'm a bit sad and disappointed. Probably I'm biased but I think not having RE with a playable character is somewhat wrong due to it's legacy, among other reasons. I know I'm not Sakurai so I don't know his reasons, if he even thought about adding a rep from Resident Evil, but I don't think it would be that hard to implement

I would like to think that maybe for fighter pass 2 Resident Evil is deconfirmed but beyond that, maybe there's a possibility... but I honestly don't think so. If Sakurai had plans for RE I truly doubt we would have these spirits.

I'm trying to see all of this with a positive view and well, at least Smash has SOME Resident Evil representation, specially for Chris, Leon and Jill.

That being said I think I will turn on my PS4 and play some RE2make.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Not sure they would add him though considering he's from another franchise entirely.
Missile was originally in Ace Attorney before he was featured in Ghost Trick.

And even then, Missile was originally featured in real life, because he's Shu Takumi's actual dog.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I ****ing knew it. Barry Burton is going to be the RE rep.
His victory quote HAS to be “Who’s the master of unlocking now?!”

*edit* this is my 7777th post lmao im feeling lucky

Last edited:

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion

If they're gonna relegate a series like RE to spirits whats to say they wouldn't do the same for Ace Attorney? or Okami? Or any other Capcom IP?
By virtue of having less competition, but that only matters in regards to a Capcom rep, not his chances overall, which haven't changed.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Just be like me guys.
Support Sora.
You can't be deconfirmed as a spirit because you're not talking to Disney for a spirit.
You can't be deconfirmed as a Mii Costume because you ain't talking with Disney for a Mii Costumes.
Leakers can't deconfirm you if you never were on the talking table.

And if you're confirmed you just win it all.

Schrödinger's Sora. Can't know if he's confirmed or Deconfirmed since there no way they do anything with Disney.

Last edited:

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
I'm really having hope for KOS-MOS now. If a character like Jill isn't happening then we need KOS-MOS for female representation. I dont see them doing a Namco spirit event. FP5 is obviously Namco at this point and the spirits will come with that.
I don't necessarily think this confirms Namco. Capcom still has Phoenix and Ammy and there's still a lot of other companies alive. Chances have certainly gone up though

Phoenix Wright, Heihachi, Lloyd, Ezio/Assassin, and plenty others still have a shot. It could be Reimu after all for all we know. I'm legitimately stunned.

So, like, what's Three Houses and Astral Chain's excuse?
What do you mean? Like why don't they have spirit yet? That's the question I'm asking still and why I think at least 1 is getting in as post pass

Droodle

Smash Lord
Just be like me guys.
Support Sora.
You can't be deconfirmed as a spirit because you're not talking to Disney for a spirit.
You can't be deconfirmed as a Mii Costume because you ain't talking with Disney for a Mii Costumes.
Leakers can't deconfirm you if you never was on the talking table.

Schrödinger's Sora. Can't know if he's confirmed or Deconfirmed since there no way they do anything with Disney.
You know, I was thinking of ranking all the chances of most third party characters earlier today. I was going to give Sora a 50% chance just because he seems like the most likely and least likely "possible" character all the time.

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
What the actual ****, people. I leave for a day to start a Pokémon Nuzlocke run and when I come back there's blood everywhere!?

Gotta say, I don't think anyone was expecting the RE Spirits. I'm conflicted. Kinda sad for their fans, because dang, seeing a franchise with potential get Galeem-snapped is... rough. But at the same time... dare I say... I'm more hopeful for Phoenix? Remember, people, there are Capcom costumes in the DLC already. So if not Dante and not Jill/Leon...?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

through a little thing people call "process of elimination" that is of course if we get a Capcom rep which who knows.

Seanapotamus

Smash Journeyman
...I'm convinced FP #5 is a Bandai-Namco character after the recent news. Especially when you consider that Bandai-Namco is known for being very anti-leak and we haven't really seen any deconfirmations of any characters from that company. I'm betting either Lloyd or Chosen Undead.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Well uhh I'm stumped. I don't know who the next fighter is. I just hope it's someone I want :sadsheep:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
All this talk of Phoenix and Layton yet there's one character with heavy DS History y'all sleeping on.

M@R!3

Smash Ace
Just be like me guys.
Support Sora.
Leakers can't deconfirm you if you never were on the talking table.

Let's not jinx it now...

You know, I was thinking of ranking all the chances of most third party characters earlier today. I was going to give Sora a 50% chance just because he seems like the most likely and least likely "possible" character all the time.
This is why the Sora support thread has so little activity. No one knows what the hell to think.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So lets see whose still in the running at this point.

-2B
-Agumon
-Amaterasu
-Chosen Undead
-Dovahkiin
-Ezio
-Heihachi
-Lloyd Irving/Yuri Lowell
-KOS-MOS
-Phoenix Wright
-Professor Layton
-Reimu
-Sora

Any other takers?

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

-2B
-Agumon
-Amaterasu
-Chosen Undead
-Dovahkiin
-Ezio
-Heihachi
-KOS-MOS
-Phoenix Wright
-Professor Layton
-Reimu
-Sora

Any other takers?
Like I just said... well I posted a picture so maybe I didn't say it in the traditional sense but anyway, Cooking Mama.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

-2B
-Agumon
-Amaterasu
-Chosen Undead
-Dovahkiin
-Ezio
-Heihachi
-KOS-MOS
-Phoenix Wright
-Professor Layton
-Reimu
-Sora

Any other takers?
I bet Terry still wouldn't be on lists like this were he not already included.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Y'all remember that leak that got Terry's presentation date right and claimed Phoenix was Fighter 5?
phoenix-confident(a).gif

Not looking so unlikely now, is it?

that was a joke thanks for comin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom