• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
What's everyone's top 5 for DLC? Mine would be:

5. Tales of rep
4. Reimu
3. Kirby rep
2. Hat Kid
1. Octolings
1) Mike Jones
2) Doomguy
3) Joe Musashi (Shinobi) or Ryu Hayabusa
I really could stop here but...
4) Metal Sonic or Tails
5) A Beat em Up character:
- Castle Crasher
- Kunio
- Battletoads
- Billy / Jimmy

D

Deleted member

Quite honestly if Byleth made it in, I hope he makes use of the three house leaders in some way that way besides Edelgard we can also have Dimitri and Claude in there. :p
That's physically my dream scenario even if it flies into the face of Three Houses' conflict. Just choose all four heroes and call it a day so one route isn't more important than the other.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Chrom was Awakening's main protagonist, not Robin. Robin got into Smash first.

Edelgard is incredibly important even outside her own route, was the face of the game, is getting a figma, uses an axe (which Sakurai even said he wished more characters used), and has a much stronger personality.
To add on this, they recently showed more of the figma, she has Aymr as an alternative weapon and the figma was shown fully painted. My friends in the collector scene have noted that Edie's time between prototype to full paint pictures is shorter than most figmas, meaning she's likely being pushed ahead
image1.jpg

Again, this is very quick for a full paint picture alongside a new, seemingly jointed accessory

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
Didn’t the Tekken director outright talk about not wanting Heihachi. Joking or not, I don’t see him being in after that comment. Reminds me of when the Minecraft PR department exec talked against Steve earlier in the year

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Theory: Rugal was left out because Sakurai didn't have the rhythm.

He didn't UNDERSTAND THE CONCEPT OF LOVE!
Didn’t the Tekken director outright talk about not wanting Heihachi. Joking or not, I don’t see him being in after that comment. Reminds me of when the Minecraft PR department exec talked against Steve earlier in the year
He didn't want people to spam Smash requests.

Last edited:

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord

5. Tales of rep
4. Reimu
3. Kirby rep
2. Hat Kid
1. Octolings
In no particular order:
Jill Valentine/Leon Kennedy
Kazuma Kiryu
2B
Frisk/Undyne/whatever Undertale rep (though at this point I'd appreciate some more DLC tracks if that's an option)
Sora

CodakTheWarrior

Smash Ace
So here’s a fun hyptothetical; based on what we know of the leaks of sword and shield and all it Pokemon, which Pokémon do you think would be chosen for hypothetical dlc? My vote goes to rillaboom (the final evo of grookey)

D

Deleted member

5. Tales of rep
4. Reimu
3. Kirby rep
2. Hat Kid
1. Octolings
5. Rex & Pyra. Xenoblade 2 was a good time for me and I ended up enjoying Pyra and Mythra throughout it all. Rex is pretty generic as far as protagonists go and his VA needs some serious work, but he's a good host for them and was my favorite character to play as.
4. Mike Tyson. Punch Out is probably one of my favorite series in recent years. Short, simple, but incredibly satisfying when you win. Mike Tyson is the epitome of that because you have to be on the ball throughout the entire fight to win.
3. Geno. Ha ha **** me.
2. Hat Kid. A lot of fun things can be done with A Hat in Time and it's probably my favorite indie game to date.
1. Bomberman. Ha ha **** me.

Plank08

Smash Lord
Here’s my theory: FP5 is already finished.
Hero and Banjos Sakurai live-streams were filmed at the same day (or around it)
Terry’s was filmed a month ago
Yeah I’m thinking at this point FP5 is finished and Sakurais just waiting to show it off, so any thing saying ideas for characters or WIPs probably apply to Season 2 characters

Plank08

Smash Lord
If we are talking about Tales, what could Lloyd do that’s difference from the rest? Besides having duel swords which is pretty cool, what makes Tales so special?

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
I now wish I could do some Shinku Hadoukens with Ryu. Same command.
I feel like there's a bunch of things they should go back and change in Ryu and Ken now that Terry has introduced them into Smash.

For example, Tatsumakisenpukyaki should be done the same as Crack Shoot.

I have no idea what their replacement forward special would be though...

Last edited:

Gigaeel

Smash Rookie
If we are talking about Tales, what could Lloyd do that’s difference from the rest? Besides having duel swords which is pretty cool, what makes Tales so special?
The combat in tales and smash feels so similar that Lloyd practically feels made for smash. Regular moves and special moves, with directional inputs. Plus the arte combo system would be cool to implement too. Unison attacks, Hi-Ougi, there's a lot to pull from just from lloyd himself without pulling from his series much

Night Gale

Smash Ace
I want you to envision a highly adaptable mascot who already crossed over with Sega, Koei Tecmo, Nihon Falcom, Tatsunoko, and Arc System Works, who starred in a third-person shooter, a card battler, a side scrolling action game, a hack and slash, a cooking/rhythm game, and a 2D fighting game.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
ALL HAIL LORD VERGEBURGER!1!

Just who could be the last character in the Fighter Pass? I'm gonna think it's a Dynasty Warriors character like Zhao Yun and Lu Bu or Nightmare from Soulcalibur.
I have a gut feeling that Arle Nadja from PuyoPuyo will be DLC 5. I'm not 100% sold, but there are a couple of things going for her that make her a really plausible pick.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

5. Tales of rep
4. Reimu
3. Kirby rep
2. Hat Kid
1. Octolings
  1. Rex & Pyra/Mythra
  2. Shantae
  3. Geno
  4. Fiora
  5. Monster Hunter
My last three choices can be a tad inconsistent at times but the first two will never change.

CodakTheWarrior

Smash Ace
Since everyone is doing top 5 dlc, here’s kine

1.) Skull Kid (always)
2.) Phoenix Wright
3.) Geno
4.) King Boo
5.) Doomguy (I’ve really warmed up to him thought this spot could change)

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
What's everyone's top 5 for DLC?
3rd Party: Master Chief, Doom Slayer, Crash, Sora, Geno

Series Already in Smash: Captain Toad, Waluigi, Dr Robotnik, Slippy Toad, Poochy

Echoes/Semi Clones: Dixie Kong, Tails, Octoling, Proto Man, Jeanne

Last edited:

Night Gale

Smash Ace
I feel like there's a bunch of things they should go back and change in Ryu and Ken now that Terry has introduced them into Smash.

For example, Tatsumakisenpukyaki should be done the same as Crack Shoot.

I have no idea what their replacement forward special would be though...
Make Ken's his heel kick and give Ryu his evil counterpart's Ashura Senku teleport. Sheeeeit, if we aren't getting Akuma, throwing in an Evil Ryu special move would be sick.

Last edited:

CodakTheWarrior

Smash Ace
Out of sheer curiosity, would anyone be down to see a super zany moveset? It’s for a Mario enemy and I won’t spoil/send it unless people want to see it, it’s a moveset I’m really proud of

Plank08

Smash Lord
So I've gotten used to Terry now.
Holy ****, he is good!
Jab-Jab-Power Dunk is literally a guaranteed combo at any percent, AND IT KILLS!
At 100%+, as New Yorkers say, FUGETTABOUDIT! Power Geiser completely stops aerial approaches, and Buster Wolf covers the ground.
And oddly enough, I don't even want him nerfed. He is a really great entry character to learn about combos, like Smash 4 Mario (Please bring back that combo. Easy ≠ broken.).
Same! I didn’t think I would enjoy Terry as much as I do, and it’s really hard to do, but you can even do jab,jab, Buster wolf and it KILLLS Terry has SO many combos I feel like he’s probably gonna be top 10 in the tier list

Mango The Magician

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mango_Magician

5. Tales of rep
4. Reimu
3. Kirby rep
2. Hat Kid
1. Octolings
5. First party
4. First party
3. One or all of the BOTW champions, they're so cool.
2. Crash with Coco alt.
1. Shantae.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

5. Tales of rep
4. Reimu
3. Kirby rep
2. Hat Kid
1. Octolings
1. Edelgard
2. Crash Bandicoot
3. Lara Croft
4. Frogger

Number five is a real toss up, to be honest. I'd say one of either Ezio Auditore, Phoenix Wright, or Otto from Elevator Action.

blackghost

Smash Champion
I neeeeed post-timeskip Edelgard in Smash. A female super-heavyweight Ganon-level axe brawler with a shield would be so cool.
i really doubt she'd be post timeskip. the design that was advertised, displayed, and that is most commonly known is the beginning one.
unlike chrom, robin, and Lucina in their game, three houses is very clearly edelgaurd's game. Shes a better written Daenerys Targaryenimo. She'srelevent at all timesin the story. While all three three houses lords are spins on traditional FE villains and are well liked characters, given edelgaurd's story importance, her historic significance to FE as a series, and three houses reception I could see her getting in as dlc just not as FP5.

i'd honestly prefer is if you could have all three lords as one character and switch ala pokemon trainer claude is speed/traps, edelgaurd is power, and dimitri is range.byleth stands in the background giving orders.

Last edited:

NabiscoFelt

Smash Journeyman
Same! I didn’t think I would enjoy Terry as much as I do, and it’s really hard to do, but you can even do jab,jab, Buster wolf and it KILLLS Terry has SO many combos I feel like he’s probably gonna be top 10 in the tier list
As fun and awesome as Terry's combos are, I don't think he's going to end up that high. He lacks the speed and mobility, and a lot of his combos aren't technically true (can be DI'd out of at higher percents). He also seems like he should have fairly bad matchups against swordies and fast characters, which are like, most of the current top tiers.

Seanapotamus

Smash Journeyman

5. Tales of rep
4. Reimu
3. Kirby rep
2. Hat Kid
1. Octolings
5. Astral Chain MC (NOT Akira, since they're the MC's sibling)
4. Lloyd (Tales of Symphonia)
3. Doomguy/Doom Slayer
2. 2B (NieR: Automata)
1. Dante (Devil May Cry)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom