• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

@PolarPanda
Listen Sabi, regarding this tweet:
There was a problem fetching the tweet

If you truly know fighter 5, can you either just leak them now/soon, or just not say anything at all? It's one thing to leak something a month out from possibly getting the reveal, but if you're gonna wait on VR Plant, that's gonna be what, a day, maybe two before the actual reveal? At that point, why not just let people have the surprise?
At that point it won't be a surprise because of everyone's expectations.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
I remember someone posted on here a screen cap of a discord chat where a bunch of French people were bragging about making the Cacomallow hats. I don't have the picture on me but if anyone remembers that, do you think that they could actually be telling the truth?

Plank08

Smash Lord
Yeah ok I’ll be open minded to this being fake, but it just really doesn’t seem possible, I mean, if I had those skills I would put my mallow and Cacodemon mods up and make people pay for them( or something Idk how mods work)

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
So here's a fun topic what assist trophies would you guys want to break free and become playable let's limit it to 5
1. Alucard
2. Issac
3. Takamaru
4. Shadow
5. Bomber Man
1. Skull Kid

The others aren't that important to me, but Isaac would be cool, and Lyn would apparently make a lot of people happy.

KatKit

Smash Lord
On a totally unrelated note to leaks, sources, begging for hints, potential DLC reps, etc... here's a picture of 2B for absolutely no reason.

Don't comment. Don't quote. Just stealthily give a sista an online head nod; I'll sense it. You know who you are.

D

Deleted member

Yeah ok I’ll be open minded to this being fake, but it just really doesn’t seem possible, I mean, if I had those skills I would put my mallow and Cacodemon mods up and make people pay for them( or something Idk how mods work)
If you learned anything from Mr. Grinch, it's that every leak, even the most probable of ones, can be fake. Even Verge

I mean, as Ben Holt Ben Holt once said, the evidence against him is so hard to find.

GKMLTTSB

Smash Ace
Kinda getting tired of the hat crap...

Hype responsibly. Hype irresponsibly. Whatever floats your boat.

But until something meaningful comes from it, the discussions are the equivalent of listening to people swear the dress is blue/gold/whatever.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
So here's a fun topic what assist trophies would you guys want to break free and become playable let's limit it to 5
1. Alucard
2. Issac
3. Takamaru
4. Shadow
5. Bomber Man
1. Black Knight
2. Shadow
3. Zero
4. Alucard
5. Waluigi

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
Imagine you're modding ultimate. You just found out how to make hats work. Now what? You can show it off and get a few people to say you're awesome ... or you can have some fun and make a fake leak.

yeet123

Banned via Warnings

But until something meaningful comes from it, the discussions are the equivalent of people swear the dress is blue/gold/whatever.
Posting that youre sick and tired of speculation on a speculation board is counterintuitive

D

Deleted member

Imagine you're modding ultimate. You just found out how to make hats work. Now what? You can show it off and get a few people to say you're awesome ... or you can have some fun and make a fake leak.
No wonder people who made this either felt like sadists or they're spreading a message.

Posting that youre sick and tired of speculation on a speculation board is counterintuitive
I am doing the same thing, y'know.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

But until something meaningful comes from it, the discussions are the equivalent of listening to people swear the dress is blue/gold/whatever.
it is gold tho

reality is wrong

also its yanny

GKMLTTSB

Smash Ace
Speculation is fine. I'm down with discussions of what it could lead to, why the characters are a good fit, etc.

"This really looks real, and I can't believe it's not" "It's totally fake" isn't really speculation, and is just a loop.

Obviously, people are free to discuss what they want, but just focusing so heavily on a leak's legitimacy rather than anything beyond that kind of kills the fun of speculation, IMO.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Speculation is fine. I'm down with discussions of what it could lead to, why the characters are a good fit, etc.

"This really looks real, and I can't believe it's not" "It's totally fake" isn't really speculation, and is just a loop.

Obviously, people are free to discuss what they want, but just focusing so heavily on a leak's legitimacy rather than anything beyond that kind of kills the fun of speculation, IMO.
You wouldn't have fared well during the Grinch epoch.

Plank08

Smash Lord
1. Alucard
2. Issac
3. Takamaru
4. Shadow
5. Bomber Man
Skull kid (he was done so dirty) Bomberman, Isaac, Shovel Knight, and Lyn why not
it is gold tho

reality is wrong

also its yanny
It’s laurel darn it

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
On a totally unrelated note to leaks, sources, begging for hints, potential DLC reps, etc... here's a picture of 2B for absolutely no reason.

Don't comment. Don't quote. Just stealthily give a sista an online head nod; I'll sense it. You know who you are.
I still need this stupid ass game. Really hope there's a solution for her skirt

RaintheCriminalWhirlwind

Smash Journeyman
I sat through that crap over on Reddit, and that may be a large part of why my tolerance has dropped.
I did too. It was not pleasant

I remember someone posted on here a screen cap of a discord chat where a bunch of French people were bragging about making the Cacomallow hats. I don't have the picture on me but if anyone remembers that, do you think that they could actually be telling the truth?
I remember that too but I don't think anyone talked about it. I'm still neutral on the whole Mii-Hat thing.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
I remember that too but I don't think anyone talked about it. I'm still neutral on the whole Mii-Hat thing.
Well if Sabi comes back and her answer is that the Mii hats are fake, I'm going to bet that those guys could be responsible for it since it would be a group effort. If only I could find it. I'm gonna see if I can look for it online.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Nobody should be trying to take credit for leaking Terry, ever.

"leaking" the most obvious SNK character after Nintendo themselves already leaked that it was an SNK character is literally the most obvious prediction anyone could make with absolutely no sources whatsoever.

To maintain relevancy and ensure attention, as even a wishy-washy answer causes discussion here so it’s been working
That explains it from the leaker's perspective. I think he was saying more "Why should anyone care about a leaker that doesn't leak?"

this is literally speculation.
Yeah, but he wants NEW speculation. Not just the same speculation over and over.

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master

Wait... This update of what is?

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Someone brought this up before, but if Sabi's source knows Fighter 5 like he says and he thought the mii leak could be real, and only now thinks it's fake after asking someone else...

...is Doomguy Fighter 5?

RaintheCriminalWhirlwind

Smash Journeyman
Well if Sabi comes back and her answer is that the Mii hats are fake, I'm going to bet that those guys could be responsible for it since it would be a group effort. If only I could find it. I'm gonna see if I can look for it online.
Thanks Friend-o!

Someone brought this up before, but if Sabi's source knows Fighter 5 like he says and he thought the mii leak could be real, and only now thinks it's fake after asking someone else...

...is Doomguy Fighter 5?
Nothing is concrete

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
It was a good run while it lasted. Deep down I knew it was too good to be true. Thus ends this years Grinch Leak.

D

Deleted member

So here's some trivia for ya'll:

Currently, the Fighter Pass has released 4 characters in an order from lightest to heaviest. Joker's weight is 93, Hero's weight is 102, Banjo & Kazooie's weight is 106, and Terry's weight is 108.

Before a specific someone reads this and has an aneurysm at the thought of this being the new theory, no I don't think this holds any weight to whom the next Fighter is. I just thought it would be fun to bring up because that's the current situation with the Fighter Pass before FP5 is released.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So here's some trivia for ya'll:

Currently, the Fighter Pass has released 4 characters in an order from lightest to heaviest. Joker's weight is 93, Hero's weight is 102, Banjo & Kazooie's weight is 106, and Terry's weight is 108.

Before a specific someone reads this and has an aneurysm at the thought of this being the new theory, no I don't think this holds any weight to whom the next Fighter is. I just thought it would be fun to bring up because that's the current situation with the Fighter Pass before FP5 is released.
Then watch that break as Terry broke Partner Theory.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
1. Alucard
2. Issac
3. Takamaru
4. Shadow
5. Bomber Man
Here are my picks:
1. Isaac
2. Springman
3. Alucard
4. Black Knight
5. Zero

Of these picks, I think 2,3, and 5 is most likely. Springman especially if we get an ARMS 2. Alucard was previously considered for the character spot but wasn’t chosen in favor for Richter if I recall. Zero is just a waiting game. He’s a popular character that would obviously transfer well into Smash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom