• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Have you seen Mai’s idle animation? Her breasts bounce and she’s always bending over toward the camera, showing more of her swaying cleavage. It wasn’t like she was standing up straight like the other female characters. Not to mention her sideboob whenever she turns around.
We've already established that this didn't have to be a thing in her cameo, however, the outfit still kills her because CERO jacks up the age rating for less.
EDIT: Hopefully she can make the next game, perhaps wearing an alternate costume or something.

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Only thing I have to add to the Mai debate is that I'm disappointed she wasn't at least a Mii costume; The Mii Gunner at least could probably make the outfit work.
1573103328427.png

Ivander

Smash Legend
I mean, I agree that it doesn't make sense to exclude Mai because of "sexiness", but....
The issue with CERO seems to be that they don't like upskirt shots or any outfit that allows for an upskirt shot, rather than sexiness or breasts. During Smash 4, Sakurai and his team had issues with CERO simply because CERO thought Palutena, who is far tamer than Mai, they thought the slit in her dress was showing a bit too much to allow for a up shot and they had to stitch up the slit a good amount before getting the Okay. No one in the West noticed because this was only in Japan.
So it's hardly because of sexiness, as Samus' and Shulk's Alternate costumes and Bayonetta exist in Smash. They seem to get the Okay from CERO because they don't have underwear to show. CERO doesn't appear to have any issue with suits, shorts and whatnot. Meanwhile, Palutena and Female Corrin were sniped because their outfits could show underwear(especially in the case of Female Corrin, who's panties were outright exposed).

When you look at Mai, it's easy to understand why they had trouble with her, although it's not something simple like sexiness. Alot of people assume she would do her fighting pose that exposes her breasts when she has plenty of other poses where she's very tame. Like this one here:
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net...iranui..jpg/revision/latest?cb=20110903030152
As you can see in this one, she's not flaunting her breasts like her fighting pose. Heck, she's hardly even exposed aside from her legs, similarly to Lyn from Fire Emblem when summoned from the Assist Trophy. It's even possible that when they tried to put Mai in the game, they had her in a very tame pose like this one. If that's the case, her breasts and "sexiness" were far from an issue. But by the looks of it, despite having a tame pose and making it impossible to see her panties during gameplay, UNLESS people directly tried to look for them, CERO simply had the issue at the idea of a character showing panties, even if gameplay wise they are never ever seen.
Considering Sakurai's love of SNK, that outfit is Mai's iconic look that she's had for more than 15 years that putting her in anything else probably felt like a fan disservice. SNK did try to give her a different look in one of the other Fatal Fury games, but that was quickly discarded and she was put back into her previous look. Sakurai may have fought to try to keep the iconic look while keeping the A rating, but CERO was too stubborn to budge just because she could show her panties.
If Mai was going to be a playable character, Sakurai certainly would've found a way to get her in, but ultimately, she was just simply going to be a background element and apparently, that was enough to make the choice of simply not putting her in if they couldn't get her in with her iconic look.

Last edited:

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration

This got 13K likes on the biggest Smash facebook group, apparently.

You know, double QCFs used to be difficult for me too... when I was 7.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
So I was thinking of the next dlc trailer...

A scene shows Mario and Peach vs Bowser, Link and Zelda vs Ganondorf, Fox vs Wolf, Samus vs Ridley and Donkey and a Diddy Kong vs King K Rool. Finally, Banjo & Kazooie vs Master Hand...

It then cuts to Donkey and Diddy, King K Rool, and Banjo & Kazooie napping in the Kong treehouse. Except Kazooie isn’t napping. Just then, they hear a loading sound fired by a whistling sound. They all wake up and rush to the window only to find a rocket heading right at them.

it explodes the treehouse and sends the group into the dusty ground and the treehouse burns. Standing against the flames licking the one beloved treehouse is a shadowed figure with a large gun and armor. The figure then steps out and throws off some cardboard armor and it turns out to be Snake. He says “Did ya miss me?”

Suddenly, from behind, a chainsaw rips into Snake’s chest gushing out blood and gore. Diddy Kong vomits. King K Rool pops an eye blood vessel. Donkey holds his tie and whimpers. Kazooie ****s an egg. Snake is horizontally bisected with a few strands of sinew still remaining. A pair of armored hands reach up and forcibly split open the rest of Snake’s body and tosses them causing blood to shoot up.

Standing in the crimson mist is Doomslayer who stomps down on Snake’s head which forces out an eyeball which shoots out and gets lodged into Kazooie’s throat, causing her to choke to death.

He locks and loads his gun and points it forward.

scene cuts to Sakurai in a fake blood soaked office and says “I heard some didn’t like Terry. That it was bias to include 50 songs and 20 cameos. Just cause Mai never showed up. Well, boys and girls, Doomslayer is here and you all have been very bad boys and girls.” he then proceeds to laugh as it fades to black.

I think this is a very plausible scenario.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

Two hadouken motions isn't that much harder than one.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Ugh. This sexualizing cartoons **** really gets under my skin. CERO can kiss MAI ass.
Yeah, but it is what it is..though Mai, as a character, is kind of purposely sexualized.
That’d be easier to fake than these hats.
Not by much, anyone that has some skill in 3D modeling and access to a way to hack Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, could do a fake in a very similar fashion. Its not like creating a new character, everything for Mii Fighters is already set up to work in such a way, its literally just a model swap, just like many of the costume mods already created for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate..much like this one..which is literally just putting a hat on an existing model..which is it is kind of curious that both costumes 'leaked' are JUST hats, which is much easier than doing full costume sets.
5dbccd966c58c.jpg

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

Despite the best efforts of my brothers and more than one boyfriend, when it comes to traditional fighting games I remain, as someone who probably needs to take a shower would say, a scrub, but even I can throw a hadouken. And that's basically all that is x2.

C'mon now.

Edit: lol sorry perfectchaos

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
This whole CERO thing is fascinating to me because I've heard many a horror story about games like Tokyo Mirage Sessions and Fire Emblem Fates getting toned down in localization by putting skimpy female characters in body socks or removing suggestive games entirely, leading me to believe that Japanese standards were more lenient on sex and harsher on violence. And it's only in light of Mai that I realize that CERO and the Nintendo Treehouse might not be so different after all.
You're probably insane if you think Smash is ever going to show its characters being gruesomely murdered.
Screeches in Ridley

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Only thing I have to add to the Mai debate is that I'm disappointed she wasn't at least a Mii costume; The Mii Gunner at least could probably make the outfit work.
You probably showed this busty Mii as a joke, but I actually like this more realistic design. Makes her look like an actual character.

I mean, it's called a pretzel motion. Anything involving pretzels is going to be ridiculously hard unless you're eating them. I don't think the average player is ever going to master it, though they thankfully don't need to in order to enjoy the character.

A scene shows Mario and Peach vs Bowser, Link and Zelda vs Ganondorf, Fox vs Wolf, Samus vs Ridley and Donkey and a Diddy Kong vs King K Rool. Finally, Banjo & Kazooie vs Master Hand...

It then cuts to Donkey and Diddy, King K Rool, and Banjo & Kazooie napping in the Kong treehouse. Except Kazooie isn’t napping. Just then, they hear a loading sound fired by a whistling sound. They all wake up and rush to the window only to find a rocket heading right at them.

it explodes the treehouse and sends the group into the dusty ground and the treehouse burns. Standing against the flames licking the one beloved treehouse is a shadowed figure with a large gun and armor. The figure then steps out and throws off some cardboard armor and it turns out to be Snake. He says “Did ya miss me?”

Suddenly, from behind, a chainsaw rips into Snake’s chest gushing out blood and gore. Diddy Kong vomits. King K Rool pops an eye blood vessel. Donkey holds his tie and whimpers. Kazooie ****s an egg. Snake is horizontally bisected with a few strands of sinew still remaining. A pair of armored hands reach up and forcibly split open the rest of Snake’s body and tosses them causing blood to shoot up.

Standing in the crimson mist is Doomslayer who stomps down on Snake’s head which forces out an eyeball which shoots out and gets lodged into Kazooie’s throat, causing her to choke to death.

scene cuts to Sakurai in a fake blood soaked office and says “I heard some didn’t like Terry. That it was bias to include 50 songs and 20 cameos. Just cause Mai never showed up. Well, boys and girls, Doomslayer is here and you all have been very bad boys and girls.” he then proceeds to laugh as it fades to black.

...Dear lord.

Is there a command input for Power Wave? Down-forward-punch does Burn Knuckle.
No. Just the pressed and held versions.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
You're probably insane if you think Smash is ever going to show its characters being gruesomely murdered.
Willing to stake a quarter of what I will be making tonight for my two hour side job.

so I’m am very serious and seriously think this is a seriously plausible scenario.

Also, there were 0 Nintendo character deaths within my very plausible and likely trailer concept. Just Snake and Kazooie. So we are in the clear.

Last edited:

KatKit

Smash Lord
Not being able to use the D-pad for Terry has messed me up a couple of times. Muscle memory is killin' yo girl, Sakurai.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Yeah, but it is what it is..though Mai, as a character, is kind of purposely sexualized.

Not by much, anyone that has some skill in 3D modeling and access to a way to hack Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, could do a fake in a very similar fashion. Its not like creating a new character, everything for Mii Fighters is already set up to work in such a way, its literally just a model swap, just like many of the costume mods already created for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate..much like this one..which is literally just putting a hat on an existing model..which is it is kind of curious that both costumes 'leaked' are JUST hats, which is much easier than doing full costume sets.
View attachment 245611
Is that a mii, or actually Rosalina? Because some modders say the standard mii hats are difficult while others only show off helmets/masks that cover the face, which are easy especially since they cause the head to just be unloaded. Even if that’s a mii, it’s a full model swap so it’s not really saying much, especially since mii hats are apparently different from just editing the characters and miis load the head separately from the rest of their body. It can’t be a model swap for the head nor a helmet because the Mallow hat has a bit of physics and the mii is still properly emoting.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
This whole CERO thing is fascinating to me because I've heard many a horror story about games like Tokyo Mirage Sessions and Fire Emblem Fates getting toned down in localization by putting skimpy female characters in body socks or removing suggestive games entirely, leading me to believe that Japanese standards were less lenient on sex and harsher on violence. And it's only in light of Mai that I realize that CERO and the Nintendo Treehouse might not be so different after all.

Screeches in Ridley
Aside from the fact that I don't understand what exactly CERO is trying to protect people from by prohibiting thigh and cleavage (kids getting boners I guess), I do get why Mai isn't allowed in an A game. A is the equivalent to E, not E10. I don't think the ESRB would allow for her in an E game either.

Fire Emblem is actually C in Japan, which is like... halfway between T and M. I assume TMS was at least B.

(I don't know about PEGI. It's Europe, so I'm assuming they'd be cool about it. :awesome:)

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I mean, it's called a pretzel motion. Anything involving pretzels is going to be ridiculously hard unless you're eating them. I don't think the average player is ever going to master it, though they thankfully don't need to in order to enjoy the character.
That's not the pretzel motion.
BE grateful we didn't get this

PsychoJosh

You probably showed this busty Mii as a joke, but I actually like this more realistic design. Makes her look like an actual character.

That's not a pretzel motion. That's just a double quarter-circle forward. Street Fighter uses double QCF all the time ever since super arts were introduced in Super Turbo. They're actually fairly easy to do.

These are REAL pretzel motions:

Geese Howard's Raging Storm
1573104326951.png

and Ivy Valentine's Summon Suffering (SoulCalibur)
1573104348180.png

PsychoJosh

Willing to stake a quarter of what I will be making tonight for my two hour side job.

so I’m am very serious and seriously think this is a seriously plausible scenario.

Also, there were 0 Nintendo character deaths within my very plausible and likely trailer concept. Just Snake and Kazooie. So we are in the clear.
Wanna shake on it? What's the payout?

The bet is that any flesh-based, organic Smash characters get gruesomely murdered by Doomguy with gibs and guts flying everywhere, right?

Give me that easy money.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Is that a mii, or actually Rosalina? Because some modders say the standard mii hats are difficult while others only show off helmets/masks that cover the face, which are easy especially since they cause the head to just be unloaded. Even if that’s a mii, it’s a full model swap so it’s not really saying much, especially since mii hats are apparently different from just editing the characters and miis load the head separately from the rest of their body. It can’t be a model swap for the head nor a helmet because the Mallow hat has a bit of physics and the mii is still properly emoting.
I haven't heard anything like that, I imagine it shouldn't be that hard though if someone is skilled enough.
Still though, a model swap proves it can be done.

Last edited:

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160

...Dear lord.

No. Just the pressed and held versions.
Damn. Could have been like Ken. If you do :GCL::GCDL::GCD::GCDR::GCR::GCB:, you can't do the command kick, just the Hadouken. Only the A button does the command kick.
Terry could have had :GCD::GCDR::GCR::GCB: for Power Wave and :GCD::GCDR::GCR::GCA: for Burn Knuckle.

PsychoJosh

Not being able to use the D-pad for Terry has messed me up a couple of times. Muscle memory is killin' yo girl, Sakurai.
I actually find it kinda easier on thumbstick. But then I've been playing SF that way for years on my Xbox controllers.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I haven't heard anything like that, I imagine it shouldn't be that hard though if someone is skilled enough.
Still though, a model swap proves it can be done.
It can be done for characters, but the miis work differently. It’s not as simple as a model swap especially with what the leak has shown and some modders have described though the file compression thing seems easy to do, but the leak’s hats seem to be much higher quality than what I’ve seen modders show regarding them.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Wanna shake on it? What's the payout?

The bet is that any flesh-based, organic Smash characters get gruesomely murdered by Doomguy with gibs and guts flying everywhere, right?

Give me that easy money.
I get 50 bucks for teaching adults English for 2 hours and .25% of that would be about 12 bucks. Pays for 2 fighter packs almost. Seeing as how I’m super serious about this and obviously not insane...I’m willing to up the stakes. It has to exactly how I said it would be....no divergence. Exactly how I wrote it without no changes in structure or characters. It has to be the treehouse. It has to be Snake. It has to be Kazooie choking.

Because I’m very very very serious about this.

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master

And the name of the Doomguy trailer?

The Aristocrats.

GKMLTTSB

Smash Ace
Pantsu being the issue of the day, I suppose Kasumi from DoA is right out as well.
Though I have concerns for most skirt-bearers, granted... :-(

Followed immediately by:
Lucky tells a new tale!
It was a prank! It was all an elaborate prank!

I don't think the ESRB would allow for her in an E game either.
Technically Gals' Fighters got an E-rating with her in it. <_<

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
That's not a pretzel motion. That's just a double quarter-circle forward.
That's not the pretzel motion.
BE grateful we didn't get this
I thought the meme had the input for Power Geyser. Max called it a pretzel movement so I thought it was one. *Shrugs*

I dunno why Buster Wolf's motion would be seen as hard. EDIT: Perhaps it's a "so many buttons" thing.

Damn. Could have been like Ken. If you do :GCL::GCDL::GCD::GCDR::GCR::GCB:, you can't do the command kick, just the Hadouken. Only the A button does the command kick.
Terry could have had :GCD::GCDR::GCR::GCB: for Power Wave and :GCD::GCDR::GCR::GCA: for Burn Knuckle.
He's got:
:GCD::GCDR::GCR::GCA:/:GCB: Burn Knuckle
:GCD::GCDL::GCL::GCA:/:GCB: Crack Shoot
:GCD:(Hold) :GCU::GCB: Rising Tackle
:GCR::GCD::GCDR: :GCA:/:GCB: Power Dunk
:GCD::GCDR::GCR::GCD::GCDR::GCR::GCA:/:GCB: Buster Wolf
:GCD::GCDL::GCL::GCDL::GCR::GCA:/:GCB: Power Geyser (This one might be slightly innacurate, but I think I got the gist.)

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
To more sillier matters, I really wished we had gotten a Garou Terry outfit. Despite getting a taunt referencing Garou, we didn’t get a single song from it. It would of been a nice addition and nod to his involvement in Garou.

I love the Cameos but I find myself thinking of other possible cameos as well: Leona, Duck King, Rugal, Raidan, K, Maxima, Vice, Mature, and even Orochi Iori would of been great additions as well.

Last edited:

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
To more sillier matters, I really wished we had gotten a Garou Terry outfit. Despite getting a taunt referencing Garou, we didn’t get a single song from it. It would of been a nice addition and nod to his involvement in Garou.
Agreed. This legit shocked me. Garou is the best Fatal Fury game.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
It can be done for characters, but the miis work differently. It’s not as simple as a model swap especially with what the leak has shown and some modders have described though the file compression thing seems easy to do, but the leak’s hats are higher quality than what I’ve seen from modders.
It is a model swap. All it takes is dedication and it can be accomplished

https://twitter.com/VGIII/status/1191462989825658880

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Agreed. This legit shocked me. Garou is the best Fatal Fury game.
It was very good. Though I would argue that FF2 is the best for me. But that was my very first one.

I would of appreciated music from World Heroes and Last Blade as well. As a nod to the lesser known titles.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

So...they just didn’t position it right? I saw that before, but I just assumed it was part of the problems one modder mentioned.

Okay then, though, but I still want to know if they can give it a physics bone. The one in the leak deforms/moves a bit in one clip, but doesn’t move like the Tails hat’s hair nor like the Slime hat.

Last edited:

SilentSentinel

Smash Apprentice

I think it's probably possible, but I still haven't seen anyone do it with a Mii hat. I want to see Mii hats that look as good and move as properly as the ones in the video. I've looked around and have yet to see it. There's other potential reasons to doubt like the videos like the wish fullfilment nature of the characters implied and the lack of any new content besides Mii hats, but I want to see working modded Mii hats of the same quality in the game before I consider disregarding it. If it was so easy, why haven't we seen it before or after?

AntagonisticGalaxyCetacea

Smash Journeyman
I think the "it's just a mod" crowd are looking at it too simply just to dismiss it as fake

The Cacodemon Hat has the same sort of black space for the Mii's head similarly to the Chain Chomp Hat. And no, it's not the same amount of space used
If it was a mere model swap like these modders keep doing to dismiss the leak I really doubt a faker would pay that much attention to detail

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
To be honest, these DMCA arguments are starting to make me question it, but I don’t want to dismiss it until either the modder reveals himself with proof it’s him and it’s fake or Fighter 6 is revealed and still nothing.

Last edited:

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
I think it's probably possible, but I still haven't seen anyone do it with a Mii hat. I want to see Mii hats that look as good and move as properly as the ones in the video. I've looked around and have yet to see it. There's other potential reasons to doubt like the videos like the wish fullfilment nature of the characters implied and the lack of any new content besides Mii hats, but I want to see working modded Mii hats of the same quality in the game before I consider disregarding it. If it was so easy, why haven't we seen it before or after?
Because its not easy, but the point is that it IS possible. I mean, the Rayman leak wasn't easy either, but it was still faked.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I said this is another discord but I teach English at elementary during the day and I know my students as young as first or second grade actively play Smash. As much as I would have loved to see Mai or see Doomslayer/Scorpion in Smash, I am a bit hesitant in some cases as I really don’t want them to be exposed to that sort of content. The idea of my second graders playing Doom just makes me feel strange.
I played Doom when I was in 3rd grade and it left me with nightmares for months. Mai is a bit different as they are exposed to sexual outfits and figures even in anime for children (there’s one show my 2 year likes where the mom is young and busty). I don’t want my second graders seeing this Doom content and then wanting to pick it up cause it was in Smash (not that I think that’s likely considering the age restriction but they never check that here in Japan)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom