• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naoyatodo

Smash Apprentice
Terry Bogard was found dead outside the front doors of Geese Inc. It seems he jumped from the top of the tower. Tragic.
Terry Bogard has been found dead in Miami.
The people on the Smash Ultimate Modding Discord say the algorithm thing doesn't make much sense, but the filesize limitation is true. People have pointed out that this limit could be avoided by choosing the Mii hat model with the biggest filesize.
I think Spirits disconfirm characters for the current pass, but they could still get in Wave 2. Anyone saying they disconfirm for Wave 2 are working off pure assumptions.
The whole thing about Spirits deconfirming characters came from suspicions over the exclusion of Sylux and Porky, among other characters. Given that we're 4 characters into this pass with neither of those characters being added yet, as well as interviews that dove into the Spirit selection process explaining why certain characters were excluded (ranging from not being able to find art to not being able to come up with a Spirit battle), it's safe to say that theory's dead.

D

Deleted member

Seeming pretty convincing. To me, it would be strange for someone who has made such leaps and bounds in modding Ultimate to simply create a fake leak rather than be excited about sharing their progress. Like, you're the first one to create highly detailed Mii Costumes and instead of boasting you're trying to divert credit to Nintendo? Lame.
Big brain time, the leaker made a fake leak as a way to show that he found a way to mod in custom Mii costumes

Last edited by a moderator:

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Seeming pretty convincing. To me, it would be strange for someone who has made such leaps and bounds in modding Ultimate to simply create a fake leak rather than be excited about sharing their progress. Like, you're the first one to create highly detailed Mii Costumes and instead of boasting you're trying to divert credit to Nintendo? Lame.
Leaks get more attention than just about anything in this fanbase. If some modder just came out and said “hey guys look I found a way to make custom Mii hats” do you honestly think it would cause even half the stir?

Tricking people is a way of life for some, ESPECIALLY on 4chan, where this whole fiasco began.

Last edited:

SKX31

Smash Master
I'm gonna hold the horses for just a sec - Yeah, I'm gonna be that guy - and say that the Mallow costume looks a lot like a Mallow hat. The rest of the costume seems really similar, if not a color swap of Toad's. Likewise, the Cacodemon costume might just be a hat since it overall looks quite similar to Cat Mario / Peach. Doesn't disconfirm neccessarily, but it's worth keeping in mind.

A hat and a costume can arrive at the same time (Morgana and Slime both came in as solo hats), Really could also mean whatever, like a Geno costume / Mallow hat or Smithy costume / Mallow hat.

That looks decently convincing though, I'm just the kind of guy who never goes in 100 %. Can't fully discount mods here too. I could see a Mallow hat being reworked from a Toad hat, what makes me kinda question that is the compression thing (unless he's the first to find out as a way to prove he can and get people asking how).

I'm still #teamneutral on this.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
I'm just imagining the reaction of a certain someone who used to... converse a lot in this thread about mature-themed characters if this mii costume thing turns out to be real and Doomguy gets confirmed.

Bonus points if Smash actually refers to Doomguy's weapons as the BFG :roymelee:.

Last edited:

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
I'll caution again that while this video footage is very convincing, even if it's real, it would be extremely risky to assume that Mii costumes in any way guarantee playable characters from the same game/series (or vice-versa, for that matter). We didn't get Mega Man X playable with Zero or Frisk playable with Sans, for example, and I don't think we got any B&K Mii costumes along with their release, did we?

D

Deleted member

I'm gonna hold the horses for just a sec - Yeah, I'm gonna be that guy - and say that the Mallow costume looks a lot like a Mallow hat. The rest of the costume seems really similar, if not a color swap of Toad's. Likewise, the Cacodemon costume might just be a hat since it overall looks quite similar to Cat Mario / Peach. Doesn't disconfirm neccessarily, but it's worth keeping in mind.
It probably is the red toad mii costume. Looks like if we got a Mallow costume, it'd just be a hat.

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
I'm just imagining the reaction of a certain someone who used to... converse a lot in this thread about mature-themed characters if this mii costume thing turns out to be real and Doomguy gets confirmed.

Bonus points if Smash actually refers to Doomguy's weapons as the BFG :roymelee:.
Sakurai:
"For Doom Slayer's Final Smash, he uses the Big Funny Gun"

D

Deleted member

I'll caution again that while this video footage is very convincing, even if it's real, it would be extremely risky to assume that Mii costumes in any way guarantee playable characters from the same game/series (or vice-versa, for that matter). We didn't get Mega Man X playable with Zero or Frisk playable with Sans, for example, and I don't think we got any B&K Mii costumes along with their release, did we?
I think the popular logic thread here is that it ties back to that one Crash leaker who said we'd be getting Mallow/Smithy costumes, which would be a reason to expect Geno. Let's be real, why would we get two more Super Mario RPG costumes if not for a fighter? Megaman X and Sans are hugely popular so of course just getting those in would be miraculous. Mallow and Smithy? Like what's the point? Just bring back the Geno costume.

Sadly, this is just the Mallow hat for now and I'm still iffy about getting Crash as Fighter #5. We'll just have to wait and see for now.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Hey guys just woke up and decided to check in with yall first thing in the morning, what did I mi-
View attachment 244919
Oh cool, pizza.

Don't summon them, please...
Bio Force Gun is what the BFG has been called in the Resident Evil movie which I will ****ing fight you for if you say it's bad
Are you sure you don't mean the Doom movie?

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Y'know, thinking about it further, Mii Costume DLC has always been revealed in "packs", so to speak, without any direct tie to fighter reveals beyond sometimes including costumes for previously-revealed characters. I don't think we've ever seen a costume be revealed as part of a character reveal, have we? Further food for thought.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
The Big Flippin' Gun. It makes the demons wish they never left 'eck!

D

Deleted member

Y'know, thinking about it further, Mii Costume DLC has always been revealed in "packs", so to speak, without any direct tie to fighter reveals beyond sometimes including costumes for previously-revealed characters. I don't think we've ever seen a costume be revealed as part of a character reveal, have we? Further food for thought.
You say that, but Joker and Hero came with respective costumes from their series. Joker brought Yu Narukami, Teddie, Makoto (P3), and Morgana. Hero brought Slime, the (DQ3) fighter class, and the Erdrick armor.

Banjo's the only one who broke that trend with no Rare or Microsoft costumes so it sounds like its a company thing versus a character thing. Given how SE isn't against working with Smash, I can see the other SE costumes being saved for somebody else.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
What really gets me, what really really gets me that makes me think this is real is the modeling of the Cacodemon.

That full model of a Cacodemon is so ****ING clean, and in the Smash style no less.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Since Doomguy is the topic of discussion I guess I'll post my favorite moveset I found for him.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
If Doomslayer were to get added, I wonder how far they would go into the whole “Hell” thing. I’d assume they avoid mentioning it as much as possible, but how can you really dodge it entirely when a majority of the series takes place there?
It would be a big step from censoring the DK Rap in Melee, especially the considering the lowered age rating since. I’d be interested to see it though.

D

Deleted member

Idk about this mii leak considering mallows hat turns into the pirate hat once the video ends

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
You say that, but Joker and Hero came with respective costumes from their series. Joker brought Yu Narukami, Teddie, Makoto (P3), and Morgana. Hero brought Slime, the (DQ3) fighter class, and the Erdrick armor.

Banjo's the only one who broke that trend with no Rare or Microsoft costumes so it sounds like its a company thing versus a character thing. Given how SE isn't against working with Smash, I can see the other SE costumes being saved for somebody else.
I think you may be missing my point a bit, which is that Mii costume reveals typically haven't accompanied the reveal of the actual character whose series they belong to. Also, Undertale and Goemon got costumes without a playable character.

Untouch

Smash Master
Another thing pointing towards this being real was just discovered by the SourceGaming.
The Miis are named Mii GUNNER and Mii BRAWLER. It's not normally possible to name the Miis generic names like this, only in replays, WoL and online.
I have extreme doubts about this being online or replay due to how the timer is frozen. You can't disable the timer in online or replays, so it wasn't an overlay pasted on after the fact.
Yggdrasil's altar isn't in WoL obviously, so it isn't that either.

Which means it very likely is an actual Nintendo debug rom like the one used when the Ken leak was taken. I assume Terry and the KoF arena isn't a part of this build as it wasn't being tested at the time. I don't think these costumes are going to be released with Terry personally, everything being released with Terry is likely already done and doesn't need testing anymore if this video was taken very recently.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
If Doomslayer were to get added, I wonder how far they would go into the whole “Hell” thing. I’d assume they avoid mentioning it as much as possible, but how can you really dodge it entirely when a majority of the series takes place there?
It would be a big step from censoring the DK Rap in Melee, especially the considering the lowered age rating since. I’d be interested to see it though.
The Gates of Hell was mentioned in Rodin's trophy. Ken's back throw was called the Hell Wheel. The Smash site forgot to censor Blood Falcon's Hell Hawk.

D

Deleted member

I think you may be missing my point a bit, which is that Mii costume reveals typically haven't accompanied the reveal of the actual character whose series they belong to. Also, Undertale and Goemon got costumes without a playable character.
No I seriously don't understand what you're saying here. Mii costumes are always revealed in bunches alongside fighters.

Banjo is the only one who didn't get over three mii costumes related to his series and company, implying its a company and negotiations matter. Like, I get that some mii costumes don't have to signify a reveal, but we have precedence to believe that mii costumes and be revealed in bunches alongside fighters and Square Enix has enough material to release another wave of Mii Costumes like what happened with Joker and Hero.
  • Chocobo
  • Mallow
  • A potential Smithy costume

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
remember, hat replacements are impossible in ultimate

There was a problem fetching the tweet

D

Deleted member

remember, hat replacements are impossible in ultimate

There was a problem fetching the tweet
You have a point in that this ties into the possibility that a skilled dude could have made these two hats.

However, your example is very low quality effort made to prove a point. Are there examples of hat swaps that are actually good? That would convince me on this.

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
Is it possible they made their own Mii model with the custom hats, and then just repurposed that over the Mii models like over mods have done for Smash Ultimate with other fighters?
At any rate, I kinda wonder if this definitively means FP5 IS Geno or Doomguy. Assuming both of the costumes means both of the characters are getting in, that means they've already started work on the post-Pass Fighters, so is it possible they could both be the two fighters following FP5?

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
You have a point in that this ties into the possibility that a talented dude could have made these two hats.

However, your example is very low quality effort made to prove a point. Are there examples of hat swaps that are actually good? That would convince me on this.
the central argument being thrown around was that hat modding is impossible and therefore the leak is real, not that the models were high quality (which, while it certainly helps, can still be done by a competent artist with too much time on their hands and a desire to **** with the smash community)

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
If Doom Slayer does actually get in, I want them to go all in and name the stage Hell, just so we can have debates within the competitive scene regarding whether or not Hell should be legal

D

Deleted member

I stand with Panda on this regard, ngl.

There's proof that modding model swaps for the Mii hats is kinda possible.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Y'know, I wonder why we rely on leakers so much when all Sabi has to say to us is "dunno if real or not, and if I find out I might not tell you anyway".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom