• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

the central argument being thrown around was that hat modding is impossible and therefore the leak is real, not that the models were high quality (which, while it certainly helps, can still be done by a competent artist with too much time on their hands and a desire to **** with the smash community)
Fair 'nuff.

Untouch

Smash Master
EIi_H3-XsAAFpFF[1].jpg

It was never said to be impossible, just that the way that the resizing works, it can't be done easily without a bunch of clipping issues.
Obviously a cube isn't going to have this issue, same with the filesize issue.

osby

Smash Obsessed
If Doom Slayer does actually get in, I want them to go all in and name the stage Hell, just so we can have debates within the competitive scene regarding whether or not Hell should be legal
I thought Lylat Cruise was already legal.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
What I want to know is where these "leakers" real or otherwise get these potato cameras. My phone can record off the TV and not look as washed out.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
If Doom Slayer does actually get in, I want them to go all in and name the stage Hell, just so we can have debates within the competitive scene regarding whether or not Hell should be legal
I can't decide whether I'd want Hell to be a starting stage or counterpick. Both have amazing commentary meme potential.

"So we're starting off this set in Hell, everyone!"

"So it looks like Tweek decided to counterpick MKLeo in Hell. He might have an advantage due to the platform layout there."

EDIT: "The next match will bring us to Hell."

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Some chap pointed out that a Mallow Hat mod was already made for Smash 4. Guess it really comes down to that DOOM creature and whether the guy has the tools and knowledge to get it to work.

EIiEb-HWsAAMOmL.jpg

Untouch

Smash Master
Some chap pointed out that a Mallow Hat mod was already made for Smash 4. Guess it really comes down to that DOOM creature and whether the guy has the tools and knowledge to get it to work.
Should be easy to port it into ultimate then, and have it not crash or have weird sizing issues.

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
The picture could have been made in Source Filmmaker or something, not the first example of that I've seen. Additionally, the pose is pretty boring, I would imagine a Doom Slayer trailer would have a lot of movement and action.

Also is that Waluigi's ear on the right? lmao

Untouch

Smash Master
I'll only believe it is fake if someone manages to mod the Mii names to be Mii BRAWLER.
Small details like this remind me of Pichu's ears in the Ken leak, if fake, an extreme attention to detail was placed here.

D

Deleted member

Found a contradiction. There is no way this mii costume was the one used for the leaked videos unless they were made by the same guy. The leaked videos were uploaded at least four hours before this costume was uploaded. Assuming they were made by the same guy, which we can't prove, this evidence should be rejected.

safa.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I take you all still haven't learned anything from the Grinch Leak. Watch that this turns out to be the next one.

D

Deleted member

I take you all still haven't learned anything from the Grinch Leak. Watch that this turns out to be the next one.
I see you haven't learned from the Ken leak, which was actually real and had more credence than a simple drawing.

The screenshots are even all references to the leak video: Miillow is wearing a red Toad outfit, Ryu is there as a stand-in for Ken, Miillow is shown picking up an AT.
That explains it. It's satire meant to show hats can be modded. Unfortunately, they did it in Smash 4 so the satire doesn't work as intended.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
So I haven't read all the whole topic yet but has anyone proposed the possibility that both Geno and Doom Slayer are ALSO Mii costumes? They already have a full body Geno costume for SSB4. What if that Geno costume is paired with a full body Doom Slayer costume?

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Well Gamexplain just uploaded a discussion video about the leak. Don't have the tl;dr because they just uploaded it.

Darkmoone1

Smash Apprentice
I know Blocked Content isn't to be trusted but

9:03

Supposedly an image of Doom Slayer in his trailer reveal.
Must resist...growing hype.......not resisting well...

EDIT: Wait...where did he get that trailer screenshot? What's his source?

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well it's another 5 and a half hours until it'll be 9am in Japan so if this is official in any capacity we won't know about it until then at earliest.

If unofficial, we just gotta wait for the leaker to come clean or get dragged out in the streets for the crime of false hope.

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
So I haven't read all the whole topic yet but has anyone proposed the possibility that both Geno and Doom Slayer are ALSO Mii costumes? They already have a full body Geno costume for SSB4. What if that Geno costume is paired with a full body Doom Slayer costume?
I mean, people have proposed that, but either way the costumes would imply a Square rep and possibly a Bethesda rep, even if they're not Geno and Slayer. The former company is the only one to always tie their Mii Costumes with new playable characters and the latter has no content in Smash at all - the only example of a company getting just costumes in DLC so far is Toby Fox... so not really a company.

ToddCam

Smash Journeyman
I dunno. I could easily be wrong, but it just seems very suspect. Miis allow you to make a video without actually having to create a moveset for a new character. It's very convenient, even if it takes extensive modding skills.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
If they all come with FP5 Dragonborn then I'm all for it! Doom Slayer seems like a great character for a Sans-style costume if he doesn't make the roster.

D

Deleted member

I know Blocked Content isn't to be trusted but

9:03

Supposedly an image of Doom Slayer in his trailer reveal.
I wouldn't trust the screenshot only because I find that easier for an artist to make versus the coding and editing nightmare that was described for the costumes.

SKX31

Smash Master
That's really a puritanical American thing...
Depends on how you read your Dante's Inferno. Because, when you think about it, whatever terrain Dante passes through would be illegal in Smash. Take, for example, Limbo. Nothingness everywhere. 20XX Fox would just shine people for eternity.

The medieval poet was just lucky he somehow managed to avoid Brawl Meta Knight or Sm4sh Bayo down there.

:4pacman:

That is a possibility when both Cacodemon and Mallow appeared to be hats. It's really difficult to tell anyhow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom