• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Your reaction: the next Fighter Pass is going to be the Fire Emblem Pass and features 4 characters; Byleth, Dimitri, Claude and Edelgard.

Personally, I'd be ecstatic.
I like Fire Emblem and I like Three Houses a lot. I'm just not sure about it being in Smash yet after post-release hype. Need to play it more.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Listen, I've played Fire Emblem since it came out to the West.
I've pre-ordered Three Houses.
I've put over 110 hours in that game.
I totally want a Three Houses character in Smash.

but even I have to say that that's just way too much.

Besides, for a Fire Emblem pass, only using characters from Three Houses would be super lame.
I've personally been waiting on Lyn for like 15-16 years.
Oh you want Lyn? Just reclass female Byleth into an Assassin, that would totally work! :D

Seriously though, I would love both Byleth and Dimitri. Byleth is currently my only hope for a first party DLC character.

D

Deleted member

Me having an opinion on their list doesn't prevent them in any way from having their list.
My point is that it sounds like you don't want people to bandwagon when that's counterintuitive to character support and speculation. Seems strange you have to call people out on it.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I like Fire Emblem and I like Three Houses a lot. I'm just not sure about it being in Smash yet after post-release hype. Need to play it more.
Sure but just remember to play Blue Lions at some point because it's best route.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Oh snap I just had an idea

the copyrights for FP4’s page changed around the time the Terry video was originally uploaded privately to the Smash Bros. YouTube channel right??

quick, someone check FP5’s page to see if the copyrights changed
Sorry to bump but... anyone willing to check? I lost the link

D

Deleted member

Sure but just remember to play Blue Lions at some point because it's best route.
I already played Blue Lions and it was a great time. Then I put TH down to play other games because I was burning out on the series. Just not sure how I'd feel about TH in Smash. It largely comes down to how they implement Byleth to make him standout from other characters from the series.

Last edited by a moderator:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Fortnite is a massive game, has strong affinity with Nintendo, and would draw in the interest of the younger market, which Nintendo has a lot to benefit by catering to. I also think he'd just be a cool addition to the game.

Also I'd love to see the catastrophic meltdown in the fanbase, as petty as it sounds.
Fair enough. I feel like Minecraft is the far superior option to the same demographic you're discussing as Fortnite has already shown some stumbles in regards to its longevity and Minecraft probably appeals to a wider group of people overall than Fortnite does (since Fortnite is just so very recent in comparison). But I've also been very vocal for my dislike to basically every element of Fortnite, so I admit I have my biases against it too.

And yes, it is petty lol. But to each their own I guess.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Your reaction: the next Fighter Pass is going to be the Fire Emblem Pass and features 4 characters; Byleth, Dimitri, Claude and Edelgard.

IMG_20190915_233129.jpg

Claude? Godlike.
Byleth? Make the girl version the default and swordwhip user is the ideal comb to piss my friends off.

Dimidtri? Ehhhhhhh I didn't find him very interesting but maybe his route will change that when I get to it

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
https://www.nintendo.co.uk/DLC/Challenger-Pack-5-1519372.html

according to the copyright, the fifth character will be from a company that exists (probably)
I know the Milk Bosatu leak is YMMV for many but didn’t the copyrights list say FP5 would be from an already present publisher, while FP4 was from a publisher new to Smash (which was Terry from SNK)?

I personally still believe the female character they were saying was in was ultimately FP5, not 4.

Not saying I believe the Milk Bosatu leak 100%, but I AM convinced FP5 will be a female character from an already represented company. KOS-MOS might fit that bill.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I pre-ordered Three Houses.
I totally REALLY want a Three Houses character in Smash.
Good for you

Last edited by a moderator:

Spongeboob

Smash Ace
A hot dog stand at the end of time and space
Switch FC
SW-5063-7952-1131
https://www.nintendo.co.uk/DLC/Challenger-Pack-5-1519372.html

according to the copyright, the fifth character will be from a company that exists (probably)
Yeah, no way they'd fudge that up again. The SNK copyright was instrumental in hinting towards Terry.
It's (likely) a placeholder, right?
I know the Milk Bosatu leak is YMMV for many but didn’t the copyrights list say FP5 would be from an already present publisher, while FP4 was from a publisher new to Smash (which was Terry from SNK)?

I personally still believe the female character they were saying was in was ultimately FP5, not 4.

Not saying I believe the Milk Bosatu leak 100%, but I AM convinced FP5 will be a female character from an already represented company. KOS-MOS might fit that bill.
If that Milk Bosatu leak is true, then I'd believe it's either her or Arle.

Last edited:

Plank08

Smash Lord
Listing 19 new fighters doesn't sound fun to me. Do you actually have 19 characters you really care about?
Absolutely

I would laugh at first then get really salty later

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
It's (likely) a placeholder, right?

If that Milk Bosatu leak is true, then I'd believe it's either her or Arle.
Does Arle have a projectile? If not, can her play style be translated to projectiles?

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Oh snap I just had an idea

the copyrights for FP4’s page changed around the time the Terry video was originally uploaded privately to the Smash Bros. YouTube channel right??

quick, someone check FP5’s page to see if the copyrights changed
I doubt that that's gonna happen again. No way Nintendo's gonna make the same mistake twice in a row.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
did you find anything?
Same as before. All copyrights minus SNK.

Which can mean one of two things:
A.) it’s a placeholder and will change later
Or B.) it’s from a company that’s already represented (except SNK and probably Microsoft)

Plank08

Smash Lord

Or B.) it’s from a company that’s already represented (except SNK and probably Microsoft)
If it said media molecule 5 days before the direct I would have a heart attack

Jomosensual

Smash Champion

My reaction would be "Oh, well that's kinda unnecessary." But I'll take it since it gets Edelgard in.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion

And even when it's from an existing publisher in the game, the only copyright shown is for the character's company (Joker notwithstanding), Hero exemplifies this with only having the Squere Enix and other relevant copyrights rather than the big blurb.

IAmGiles

Smash Cadet
I suppose anything is possible. But going from "I've never heard of this character before" to "This is now one of my most wanted characters!" in the span of a few weeks seems like a fairly artificial progression.

Well obviously. Every character has SOMEBODY asking for them. I myself wanted Hayabusa before Hayabusa showed up in leaks. But it's pretty obvious what kinds of fans these new people are.

That's my point though, those character's AREN'T who they actually want. They're just posers trying to get more checks on their wishlist.
For someone who has OVER 30 characters you claim to care about, it's odd that you'd be so skeptical about other people's love for characters.

There is some truth that leaks increase characters possibilities. I myself had never heard of Doomguy until the Google Theory. But, after hearing about him I played Doom and found it was one of my favorite games in a long time, spoke to me on a deep level lol.

Thus I've only become a Doom Slayer supporter because of leaks, but that doesn't mean my desire for him to be in the game is artificial. I just think it'd be sick as all heck to see him rip and tear in Smash.

I also don't give a hoot about Reimu, Kos-mos, Hayabusa, or Lloyd, even after they've been leaked. I feel like most people operate the same way, where they learn about a character or game through leaks, then realize they like the game afterwards, adding one leaked character to the list while ignoring the others.

Also, some people are putting characters to please fanbases in addition to their own desires, so I guess you're right that they don't really want them, but you're right for the wrong reasons I think.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I pre-ordered Three Houses.
I totally REALLY want a Three Houses character in Smash.

but even I have to say that that's just way too much.

Besides, for a Fire Emblem pass, only using characters from Three Houses would be super lame.

I've personally been waiting on Lyn for like 15-16 years.
can you see it now

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Yeah...no. I might believe that if they were all being requested all along. But characters like Doomguy, Reimu and KOSMOS, NOBODY was asking for before they showed up in leaks. And now they're on half of everyone's wishlists.

This is just the classic example of people would rather be "right" then ask for who they actually want.
I included Reimu, Doomguy and some others on my list despite not caring too much if they’re in because I think they’re cool. I give zero craps about being right and I’m sure some others feel the same way; sometimes “leaks” suggest an idea to someone whom never thought about it, and they end up liking it, sometimes even if it’s about one of their favorite characters.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom