• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Ok guys, new game, let’s say Sakurai and his team wanted to go above and beyond and got 100 characters(counting echoes) into the game.
We have 81 now, who would you choose for the other 19 characters? The only rules are you must have atleast 5 echoes.
Mines would be
Doomslayer,GenoPaper Mario, Skull Kid, Isaac
Dixie Kong(Echo)
Shadow(Echo)
Kasumi(Echo)
Octoling(Echo)
Rayman, Sackboy
Steve, Dante, Shantae, Scorpion, Sub Zero (Echo), Crash Bandicoot, Dovahkin, and Master Chief
FP2:
Reimu & Marisa (tag fighter)
Octoling
Andy (Wars)
Rayman
Edelgard

FP3 (featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry series):
Dante
Pearl
Phoenix Wright
Jill Valentine
Master Chief

FP4:
Crash
Marina
Anna (Fire Emblem)
Lip
Linkle

FPEcho:
Jeanne
Toon Zelda
Dixie Kong
Callie (Marina echo)
Marie (Pearl echo)

D

Deleted member

Ok guys, new game, let’s say Sakurai and his team wanted to go above and beyond and got 100 characters(counting echoes) into the game.
We have 81 now, who would you choose for the other 19 characters? The only rules are you must have atleast 5 echoes.
Mines would be
Dixie Kong(Echo)
Shadow(Echo)
Kasumi(Echo)
Octoling(Echo)
Rayman, Sackboy
Steve, Dante, Shantae, Scorpion, Sub Zero (Echo), Crash Bandicoot, Dovahkin, and Master Chief
Echoes:
11e Blood Falcon: All attacks with a flame effect now have a darkness effect instead.
27e Dark Meta Knight: Neutral special is weaker but reflects projectiles, Down Special is changed to going into a mirror which is only a visual change.
38e Metal Sonic: Up throw has flame effect, Side special is a chargeable dash forward similar to Ike. Up Special sends Metal Sonic up using the jet on his back, this doesn't produce a projectile and is a more powerful attack, but leaves Metal Sonic in a fall state
41e Blaziken: All attacks now have a flame or normal effect, this means the damage for each attack is always at the base value.
46e Bass: Jab, Forward Tilt, Forward Smash and Neutral Air can all be angled. Up Special is Treble Boost where Bass merges with Treble and flies upwards, this can be angled in eight directions and has a hit box, but doesn't leave Rush/Treble behind and doesn't send Bass as far.

75: Porky
76: Doom Slayer
77: Arle
78: Steve
79: Rayman
80: Bomberman
81: Dixie Kong
82: Mike Jones
83: Resident Evil Rep (Jill, Chris, Claire & Leon as four different alt. costumes)
84: The Knight (Hollow Knight)
85: Shovel Knight
86: Hornet (Daytona USA)
87: Crash Bandicoot
88: Crono
89: Ezio

Last edited by a moderator:

7NATOR

Smash Master
Alright I'll Play this 100 character Game

75: KOS-MOS
76: Ryu Hayubusa
77. Reimu
78: Geno
79: Sora
80: Professor Layton
81: Arle
82: Master Chief
83: Crash
84: Rayman
85: Dante
86: Agumon
87: Scorpion Or Sub-Zero Or Noob
88: Shadow
89: Isaac

Echoes

Mrs.PAC-MAN
Jeanne
Octoling
Medusa
Funky Kong

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Mines would be
Dixie Kong(Echo)
Shadow(Echo)
Kasumi(Echo)
Octoling(Echo)
Rayman, Sackboy
For the other 19 characters, I would definitely choose:
Reimu
Doomslayer
Heavy
Steve
Edward Richtofen
Carmen Sandiego
Otto Matic
Ryu Hayabusa
Morrigan
Agitha
Master Chief
Asha
Gardevoir
Shantae
Funky Kong (echo)
Impa (echo)
Louie (echo)
Ring Fit Trainer (Echo)
Octoling (Echo)

KatKit

Smash Lord
My sister likes coming up with Smash characters that'll absolutely never happen, but totally should. A while back, I mentioned her "Top Secret" idea, which was Sakurai wearing a tuxedo and being an off-brand James Bond loophole. Today, she did it again.

Okay, so we all know about the "they have to originate from a video game" rule. I'm sure that made some people sad that dating sim character Colonel Sanders doesn't qualify.

However, my sister pointed out that unlike Sanders, that doesn't disqualify them:

Once again, it'll never happen... but I am sold.

I don't know how that game slipped past my radar, and IDK why I want to play it. It's wrong on so many levels, haha.

Last edited:

Plank08

Smash Lord
Double posting
ggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg
View attachment 243614

Some magical bologna that makes them revert into physical form. Or maybe it's like the Belmont reveal trailer in which the physical forms are just lifeless corpses until the spirit returns into the body.

Yeah, and I had a dream that Woody, Noctis, and The Undertaker were playable.
Other than Morrigan being CP 5, that would be kino.

Note that one of these will take up two slots so there's still the box theory while still making the total 100.
Echoes:
-Gooigi (Luigi)
-Octoling (Inkling)
-Roll (Megaman)
-Funky Kong (Donkey Kong)
-Dixie Kong (Diddy Kong)

Newcomers (1st Party):
-Byleth Eisner (Fire Emblem: Three Houses)
-Porky Minch (Mother)
-Rex (Xenoblade Chronicles 2)
-Euden (Dragalia Lost)

Newcomers (3rd Party):
-Dante (Devil May Cry)
-Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo)
-Doomguy (DOOM)
-Sora (Kingdom Hearts)
-Rabbids (Raving Rabbids)
-Sackboy (LittleBigPlanet)
-Travis Touchdown (No More Heroes)
-Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden)
-Phoenix Wright (Ace Attorney)

Honorable Mentions (Mii Costumes):
-Lloyd Irving (Tales of Symphonia)
-Albert Wesker (Resident Evil)
-Neku Sakuraba (The World Ends With You) (whoops I spelled that wrong)
-Noctis Lucis Caelum (Final Fantasy XV)
-Master Chief (HALO)
-Marco Rossi (Metal Slug)
-Heihachi Mishima (Tekken)
-Crash Bandicoot (Crash Bandicoot)
-Dig Dug (Dig Dug)
-Miles "Tails" Prower (Sonic the Hedgehog)

Aaaand... done.
Ayyyyyyyyyy my boy got on the list!
Also I wish someone could make a Sackboy emote

As much as I don't like Echo fighters, I'll still play this game. I've just added what I would change so they are at least Melee clone levels of different.

#03e Link (82) - Melee Link (Just Link but from Melee)

#14e Bowser (83) - Dry Bowser (Basically a smaller Giga Bowser)

#36e Diddy Kong (84) - Dixie Kong (Slower than Diddy Kong, Some standard attacks send opponents at different angles, Up-B is her version of the Spinning Kong, Neutral B is a similar move to the Giant Punch but the more you charge the move, the further her hair goes)

#38e Sonic (85) - Shadow (Shadow's kick attacks have a flame effect to them, Some standard attacks send opponents at different angles, Neutral Air is a multi-hit, Up-B is Chaos control which is basically Mewtwo's teleport, Side Special is the Chaos Spear that Shadow can throw and Down Special is the Burning Spin Dash custom move from Smash 4)

#50e Greninja (86) - Sceptile (Uses leaf blades instead of Water Kunais, Some standard attacks send opponents at different angles, charges up an Energy ball that breaks upon hit but deals a lot of damage and knockback, Side-B is Pursuit which deals a lot of shield damage and Leaf Storm that acts like Hero's Up-B)

Now for the unique characters

#75 (87) - Doom Guy from Doom
#76 (88) - Geno from Super Mario RPG
#77 (89) - Crash Bandicoot from Crash Bandicoot
#78 (90) - Ryu Hayabusa from Ninja Gaiden
#79 (91) - Sora from Kingdom Hearts (I want Donald and Goofy to be there with him)
#80 (92) - Klonoa from Klonoa
#81 (93) - Dante from Devil May Cry
#82 (94) - Tomba from Tomba!
#83 (95) - Sgt. Cortez from TimeSplitters
#84 (96) - Lloyd Irving from Tales of Symphonia
#85 (97) - Maxim from Lufia II
#86 (98) - Sir Daniel Fortesque from Medievil
#87 (99) - Jin Kazama from Tekken
#88 (100) - Master Chief from Halo
Now I’m kind of curious sense you always talk about him, how would sgt. Cortez play in smash, what could he do?
Looking over some of these character lists, I'm honestly glad that it's Sakurai and his team picking the characters, and not any of us here.

Did they now? Interesting. Does anyone know from the top of their head how much time usually passes between these uploads and the videos being made publically available?
Idk man, some of these are pretty good

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
Mines would be
Dixie Kong(Echo)
Shadow(Echo)
Kasumi(Echo)
Octoling(Echo)
Rayman, Sackboy
Not ordered by reveal. Just arbitrary ordering.

Echoes for previous characters: Metal Sonic (Sonic) [Ken-like], Shadow Mario (Mario) [Daisy-like], Dixie Kong (Diddy Kong) [Ken-like]

Echoes for upcoming newcomers: Amitie (Arle) [Ken-like], Chara (Frisk) [Daisy-like]

Numbered Fighters: Arle, Crash, Paper Mario, Frisk, Lloyd Irving, Rayman, Isaac, Waluigi, Bandana Waddle Dee, Reimu, Sora, Heihachi, Agumon, Dante (basically I wanted to cover as many bases as I possibly could for fan reception.) (I have some in for bias, some in for solidarity with the other Twitter accounts, one character as basically an apology.) (Honorable mentions: Steve, Shantae, Shovel Knight, Geno. Tight spaces but it fits.)

[Maple]

Smash Journeyman
I will play the game too!

75: Dixie Kong
76: Monster Hunter
77: Hornet (Hollow Knight)
78: Elma
79: Lara Croft
80: Nakoruru
81: ExciteBiker
82: DoomSlayer
83: Medusa
84: Chosen Undead/Ashen One/Solaire (A Dark Souls rep)
85: Rayman
86: Geno
87: Bandana Wadle Dee
88: Minecraft Avatar
89: Loyd Irving

Echoes:

Miss Pac-Man
Octoling
Impa
Metal Sonic
Jeanne

I wanted to include Rex and Kos-Mos but I made the decision to only include one fighter per franchise. I also feel like Dixie Kong and Medusa don't work as clone but could work as semi-clone. This list is a mix up of what could make me go crazy (from 75 to 81), what I consider important to complete this "museum" aspect of smash (Lara Croft, Dark souls, Minecraft) and a mix up of fan requests.

tbh I'm happy with the current roster. All DLC are bonuses.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Mines would be
Dixie Kong(Echo)
Shadow(Echo)
Kasumi(Echo)
Octoling(Echo)
Rayman, Sackboy
Unique
- Edelgard (Academy and War phase alts)
- Akira Howard (Male and Female alts)
- Dante (DMC 1, 3, 4 and 5 alts)
- Kiryu Kazuma (Kamurocho and Okinawa alts)
- Master Chief (Mark V and Mark VI alts)
- Nightmare
- Alisa Ilinichina Amiella (GE2 and Res Ops alts)
- Yuri Lowell
- Phoenix Wright
- 2B
- Scorpion
- Steve (Also has Alex alts)
- Wonder Red (has civilian alts)
- Saber Artoria (Also has Alter, MHX and Lancer alts)

Echoes
- Kasumi (Joker - Bigger blade, stronger but slower gun, different Persona)
- Siegfried (Nightmare - Different stance and differing animations because no big demonic claw, some different moves as a result)
- Metal Sonic (Sonic - Uses jets and claws where possible, Dark Shield in place of a normal shield)
- Proto Man (Mega Man - The shield behaves like Link's shield)
- Jeanne (Bayonetta - Slightly stronger but also easier to KO)

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
It makes me happy to see alot of Ms.Pacman on your lists I feel like I've spoken it into peoples Heart's

[Maple]

Smash Journeyman
Maybe they will wait until the Game Awards to reveal the fighter pack 5...Or maybe they will reveal the first post-fighter pass fighter at the Game Awards.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
-Agumon
-Amaterasu
-Bandana Dee
-Black Shadow (Semi-clone of:ultfalcon:)
-Crash Bandicoot
-Dixie Kong (Semi-clone of:ultdiddy:)
-Doom Slayer
-Elma
-Geno
-Lara Croft
-Leon Powalski (Semi-clone of:ultwolf:)
-Medusa (Echo of:ultpalutena:)
-Nakoruru
-Phoenix Wright
-Rex
-Ryu Hayabusa
-Shantae
-Sora
-Steve

Some of these picks are for fans btw.
Think this is the first one I've seen mentioning Bandana Dee. Not sure if he's cooling off or the people in here aren't fans or what the deal is. Kinda surprising though since he was pretty popular during the base roster

D

Deleted member

It makes me happy to see alot of Ms.Pacman on your lists I feel like I've spoken it into peoples Heart's
Ms. Pac-Man seriously has no reason to not at least be an alternate like Alph. Hell, I'd imagine it'd take less effort than Alph.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Now I’m kind of curious sense you always talk about him, how would sgt. Cortez play in smash, what could he do?
He'd be a gunner type character who would rely heavily on using projectile based attacks much like Megaman. He can do a bit of hand to hand fighting but they're usually reserved for cutscenes.

He has this Temporal Uplink which is like an arm strap that he wears on his right arm where it essentially works like the Half Life 2 gravity gun where he can use it to grab things from far away like Boxes and ammo so it could be used to reflect projectiles or pocket them for later use like villager. He can keep the projectile floating and then move around until he throws it. I think it would be good as his Neutral-Special. With the help of Anya, his assistant in Future Perfect he can teleport through time which could be his Up-Special like Mewtwo. He can also use a radio controlled cat called Strudel which could be his Side-Special.

He has tons of weapons to use from the entire TimeSplitters series history from the standard hardcore Rocket Launchers and Miniguns to the oddball choices such as Baseball bats and house bricks. I'll list out the most interesting weapons as you do have the standard weapons like Pistols, Shotguns, Assault Rifles, Flamethrowers, etc. With old and sci-fi versions of each weapon since it's a game about travelling through time.

Brick: It's a regular house brick that you throw at people.
Crossbow: It's an ancient Aztec Crossbow that can touch fire and be used to shoot fire arrows.
Dispersion Gun: It's a futuristic shotgun that gathers in energy to shoot out an air compressed blast that blows people away and hits hard enough to deal damage.
Electrotool: It's a turbine sort of work tool that shoots out a long string of electricity that doesn't do a lot of damage but has great range.
Flare Guns: Unlike a regular flare gun, these ones shoot out explosive flares.
Ghost Gun: Usually for dealing with Ghosts but in multiplayer it steals your foes health to add to your own.
Harpoon Gun: It shoots out Harpoons... and nothing else.
Injector: Shoot these at the opponent and they'll swell up until they explode.
Time disrupter grenades: You throw them at someone and it slows down time within the blast radius.
Timed/Proximity/Remote mines: You throw the mines onto a wall, floor or ceiling and they'll stick to them. Timed mines beep for 10 seconds and then blow up, proximity mines work identically to the proximity mine item and Remote mines you can detonate them when you want or you can shoot them.

This is a little messy of a format for me to use but I just wanted to get this out because I love the TimeSplitters series. It's one of my top 5 favourite games of all time.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
Ms. Pac-Man seriously has no reason to not at least be an alternate like Alph. Hell, I'd imagine it'd take less effort than Alph.
She can be different such as being faster then og Pac but weaker and she can have different food like a pretzel and she can have the purple ghost Sue

D

Deleted member

She can be different such as being faster then og Pac but weaker and she can have different food like a pretzel and she can have the purple ghost Sue
I guess. Either way, Pac-man needs more representation other than Pac Land.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Maybe it's Terry's gameplay trailer? I just want to be ok man
Like what they did with Joker? While the trailer was part of the Update 3.0 video, that was also on Nintendo's channel.

Though I do see now that gameplay was on the SSB channel.

By the way, what if all of it is just Smash World being finicky?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Like what they did with Joker? While the trailer was part of the Update 3.0 video, that was also on Nintendo's channel.

I'm gonna go to the CEO of the Fighter Pass and use Buster Wolf to Bust their caps

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Except the demonstration vids have always been uploaded to Nintendo's channel. Why would Terry's be the first to break that trend?
Maybe it's just Terry's character showcase video. Y'know, like this one:

Or were these only for base-game characters? I wanted to use Banjo as an example, but couldn't find it.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

Or were these only for base-game characters? I wanted to use Banjo as an example, but couldn't find it.
That was only base game plus Plant.

None of the Fighters Pass has received those to my knowledge.

D

Deleted member

Joker's gameplay trailer did upload onto the Smash channel. This is most likely Terry's then since he didn't get a gameplay trailer. False alarm then.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
That was only base game plus Plant.

None of the Fighters Pass has received those to my knowledge.
Hm. Okay, that's that theory outta the window, then.
Other question, though: Does Smash Bros. even have a seperate YT channel? Because clicking on the channel for these character showcase videos just takes you straight to Nintendo's channel.

D

Deleted member

Hm. Okay, that's that theory outta the window, then.
Other question, though: Does Smash Bros. even have a seperate YT channel? Because clicking on the channel for these character showcase videos just takes you straight to Nintendo's channel.
If you subscribe to it specifically, what it uploads will appear in your subscription feed.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
It's infuriating seeing how many peoples' "wishlist" is just them parroting who they heard in leaks.

"Doomguy, Crash, Hayabusa, Reimu, KOSMOS!"

As a woman who pockets Ganon, sometimes I tell myself if Ganon can get a better moveset other than being a tankier version of a fast character.
Give me Hyrule Warrior's Ganondorf. Give his old moveset to Black Shadow.

92. Zoma (from Dragon Quest 3)
That's clearly a Boss fight, not a PC. And if your going to have a DQ boss, the most popular one is Estark. And if you want a playable DQ villain, you go with Psaro.

What I meant to say is that I also partook in the game these members are doing. If any wishes to know my response, then they can just backread the thread.
You could also make it easier for them by posting a link to your response.

Unfortunately, none of the DLC characters have been getting those.

Last edited:

IAmGiles

Smash Cadet
100 character list:

Echoes:
1. Impa
2. Dixie
3. Black Shadow
4. Tom Nook
5. Leon S. Kennedy (of Jill)

Unique
1. Skull Kid
2. Master Chief
3. Jill Valentine
4. Ashen One (from Dark Souls with armor sets of Solaire, Artorias, and Ornstein, and alt colors based on summons like white, red, gold, and purple glows)
5. Phoenix Wright
6. Lara Croft
7. Doom Slayer
8. Paper Mario
9. Edelgard
10. Kratos
11. Untitled Goose
12. Big Daddy
13. Hollow Knight
14. Geno

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

That's clearly a Boss fight, not a PC. And if your going to have a DQ boss, the most popular one is Estark. And if you want a playable DQ villain, you go with Psaro.
Yeah, but I don't like human Psaro's design as much as Zoma's. Plus Zoma can be shrunken down and be an interesting sorcerer character. An Estark boss fight would be awesome though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom