• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I guess I'll do the 100 characters thing. I'll try not to suck.

Last FP character:
Phoenix Wright

Fighter Pass 2:
Crash Bandicoot
Ryu Hayabusa
Sora
Heihachi Mishima
Professor Layton

Fighter Pass 3:
Waluigi
Isaac
Geno
Bandana Dee
Dixie Kong

Echo Fighter Pass:
Shadow (Sonic)
Black Shadow (Ganondorf)
Ninten (Lucas)
Medusa (Palutena)
Alph (Olimar) - if he can't then Tom Nook over Villager

Tried to go for big third party characters, most of them from new companies (and give poor Bandai Namco another one) for FP2, then went for Nintendo love with FP3.

D

Deleted member

Ah, alright. I never subscribe to anything, so I wouldn't know.
What about Hero and BK, then? Did their showcase videos upload directly to that channel?
Well no. They specifically only uploaded their E3 trailers since they had gameplay in them. The Sakurai talks are never uploaded.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Well no. They specifically only uploaded their E3 trailers since they had gameplay in them. The Sakurai talks are never uploaded.
So as of right now, this ominous Smash Bros. channel video could be either Sakurai's showcase of Terry, or the trailer for FP5, and we won't know which one it is until it drops.
But considering that the Joker video was in a different format from the ones for Hero and BK, and that Sakurai specifically cited the cost of it all as a reason as to why only Joker's video was like that. . . I'm kinda leaning more towards the latter.

Last edited:

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
This hasn't been posted, has it? Apparently it seems the Smash Youtube channel has updated, which implies that a new video was uploaded.

\

EDIT: :ultgreninja:'d.

Last edited:

Calamitas

Smash Champion
This hasn't been posted, has it? Apparently it seems the Smash Youtube channel has updated, which implies that a new video was uploaded.

It has been brought up. We were literally just talking about it.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Ok guys, new game, let’s say Sakurai and his team wanted to go above and beyond and got 100 characters(counting echoes) into the game.
We have 81 now, who would you choose for the other 6 characters? The only rules are you must have atleast 5 echoes.
Mines would be
Doomslayer,GenoPaper Mario, Skull Kid, Isaac
Dixie Kong(Echo)
Shadow(Echo)
Kasumi(Echo)
Octoling(Echo)
Rayman, Sackboy
Steve, Dante, Shantae, Scorpion, Sub Zero (Echo), Crash Bandicoot, Dovahkin, and Master Chief
Arle (The final part of the fighter's pass)
Blaziken (:ultfalcon:)
Ninten (:ultlucas:)
Tom Nook (:ultvillager:)
Octoling (:ultinkling:)
Bandana Dee
Grovyle
Maxwell
Megaman X
Steve
Phoenix Wright
Frisk
Revali
Decidueye (Revali Echo)

Geno, Doomguy, Crash, Byleth or Edlegard, Lloyd (I don't want these characters, They're just here to make their fans happy)

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
100 character list:

Echoes:

1. Louie (Olimar)
2. Impa (Shiek)
3. Funky Kong (Donkey Kong)
4. Shadow the Hedgehog (Sonic)
5. Kiawe (Pokemon Trainer)

New Characters:

1. Prince of All Cosmos (with Alts based on the Prince's cousins like Dipp and Ichigo)
2. Dragonborn (with different alts based on the various races.)
3. Crash Bandicoot
4. Quote (with Curly Brace echo)
5. Gex
6. Spyro
7. Dixie Kong
8. Waluigi
9. Toad
10. Gothitelle
11. Bandana Waddle Dee
12. Phoenix Wright
13. Makoto Kikuchi (with some of the other idols as alt skins)
14. Dr. Eggman

Super improbable additions:

1. Demo (with alts based on Iris, Pily, Garish, Mishi, Calleoca) - Fangame character
2. Geralt of Rivia - Book character

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
82. Kasumi Yoshizawa (Joker echo)
83. KOS-MOS
84. T-elos (KOS-MOS echo)
85. Elma
86. Mecha-Fiora (Elma echo)
87. Octoling (Inkling echo)
88. Bandana Dee
89. Neku Sakuraba
90. Geno
91. Black Shadow (Captain Falcon semi-clone, NOT AN ECHO)
92. Medusa (Palutena echo)
93. Dixie Kong (Diddy Kong semi-clone, NOT AN ECHO)
94. Gunvolt
95. Shantae
96. Akira Howard
97. Byleth
98. Rhythm Heaven Character
99. Velvet Crowe (Tales of Berseria)
100. Dovahkiin
Little late and didn’t feel like editing but I will also add some Honorable Mentions who will be Mii Costumes

• Phoenix Wright (Brawler)
  • Dante (Swordfighter)
  • Doom Slayer (Gunner)
  • Impa (Skyward Sword appearance; Swordfighter)
  • Ayumi Tachibana (Brawler)
  • Lloyd Irving (Swordfighter; returns from 4)
  • Heihachi Mishima (Brawler; returns from 4)
  • Vault Boy (Gunner; complete with the iconic winking face mask, like with Sans’s Mii Costume)
  • Lora from Torna The Golden Country (Brawler)
  • Sephiroth (Swordfighter)
  • Gil from Tower of Druaga (I forgot what class he was for but he’s also returning from 4)
  • Nakoruru (Swordfighter)
  • Bass (Gunner)
  • Klonoa (Gunner)
  • Rayman (Gunner)
  • Ryu Hayabusa (Swordfighter)
  • Akira Yuki (Brawler; returns from 4 despite him also being an Assist Trophy)

Last edited:

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
My 100 characters (assuming Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard are counted as seperate characters):

75. Lycanroc
76. Rowlet
77. Bandana Waddle Dee
78. Byleth
79. Crash Bandicoot
80. Ayumi Tachibana
81. Geno
82. Doom Marine
83. Captain Toad
84. Jill Valentine
85. Shiori Fujisaki
86. Takamaru
87. Dixie Kong
88. Chorus Kids
89. Mega Man X
90. Tails
91. Skull Kid
92. Nakoruru
93. Heihachi
94. Issac
95. Waluigi

Echoes:
17e: Hilda
38e: Shadow
40e: Louie
46e: Proto Man
64e: Octoling

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Think this is the first one I've seen mentioning Bandana Dee. Not sure if he's cooling off or the people in here aren't fans or what the deal is. Kinda surprising though since he was pretty popular during the base roster
Ever since Joker's reveal, first parties as a whole have seem to become unpopular. The only two I would consider mildly popular are Byleth and Geno, and the latter is technically third party.

shame

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Think this is the first one I've seen mentioning Bandana Dee. Not sure if he's cooling off or the people in here aren't fans or what the deal is. Kinda surprising though since he was pretty popular during the base roster
The cool thing now is to not like first party characters because they're not likely.

Thatchner

Smash Cadet
Here's my "getting to 100" list in no particular order:

1. A Resident Evil Character, probably Jill
2. Crash Bandicoot
3. Doom Slayer (DOOM)
4. Lara Croft (Tomb Raider)
5. Master Chief (Halo)
6. Lloyd Irving (Tales of)
7. Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden)
8. Kratos (God of War)
9. Rayman
10. Ezio (maybe like Hero so he as Altair, Connor, ect as alts?) (Assassin's Creed)
11. Tracer OR Winston (Overwatch)
12. Dark Souls Character, either Chosen Undead or Solair
13. Sora (Kingdom Hearts)
14. Professor Layton

Echoes:
1. Shadow (Sonic)
2. Ms. Pac-Man (Pac-Man)
3. Black Shadow (Captain Falcon)
4. Impa (Shiek)
5. Big Boss (Snake)

For my list, I wanted to focus on a combination of including well-known gaming icons and game companies. I always loved the idea that Smash celebrates gaming history, so I'd love to see some of these characters in to push that idea further. Echoes kind of follow this pattern too.

Obviously I think a lot of these characters are long shots (especially Kratos), but it's fun to imagine.

Goombaic

Smash Ace
I guess this "100 character" wishlist is different since it counts echoes, but I'm gonna cheat anyway and basically paste the list I had for a thread with the same premise.

Fighter Pass 1 ends with Crash Bandicoot.

Fighter Pass 2 (continues bringing in 3rd party newcomers):
76. Heihachi Mishima
77. Phoenix Wright
78. Arle Nadja
79. Ryu Hayabusa
80. Doomguy

Fighter Pass 3 (1st party exclusively)
81. Bandana Waddle Dee
82. Karate Joe
83. Min Min
84. Rex and Pyra
85. Edelgard

Individual Fighter Packs (Released randomly):
86. Travis Touchdown
87. Spyro
88. Mecha Fiora
89. Steve
90. Gordon Freeman

Fighting Fighters Pass (Fighting game characters):
91. Sol Badguy
92. Kasumi
93. Sub-Zero

Capcom Presents:
94. Dante
95. Amaterasu
96. Leon S. Kennedy/Chris Redfield
97. Monster Hunter

Pack that caters to my likings:
98. Thanatos (Kid Icarus)
99. Kamek
100. Hollow Knight/Little Ghost/Whatever you wanna call him

:ultdk:2e. Funky Kong
:ultbowser:14e. Dry Bowser
:ultsheik:16e. Impa
:ultpalutena:54e. Medusa
:ultinkling:64e. Octoling
84e. Addam and Mythra
87e. Cynder
88e. KOS-MOS
96e. Jill Valentine/Claire Redfield

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
100 Characters:

75. Steve (with Alex alts.)
76. Geno
77. Porky Minch
78. Skull Kid
79. Midna
80. Gengar
81. Ninten
82. Chibi-Robo
83. King Boo
84. Goomba
85. Isaac
86. Sora
87. Crash Bandicoot
88. Lloyd Irving
89. Doomguy
90. Master Chief
91. Reimu
92. Bandana Dee
93. Dark Matter
94. Tails
95. Rayman
96. Waluigi

Echoes:

9e: Gooigi
64e: Octoling
55e: Ms. Pac-Man
40e: Alph (will be separated from Olimar; if not him, then Louie)

Last edited:

kylexv

Smash Master
I'll join:

82. Waluigi
83. Paper Mario
84. Geno
85. Dixie Kong
86. Bandanna Dee
87. (insert Pokemon here)
88. Porky
89. Edelgard
90. Tails
91. Crash Bandicoot
92. Dante
93. Jill Valentine
94. Reimu
95. Doomguy

96. Gooigi :ultluigi:
97. Octoling :ultinkling:
98. Metal Sonic :ultsonic:
99. Ms. Pac-Man :ultpacman:
100. Leon Kennedy (Jill)

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Yeah. You guys stood your ground at least respecting Dragon Quest and its fans, and I appreciated that.
As someone who just kind of knew Dragon Quest from more than afar, the funny thing is that I actually walked away with a huge appreciation for the series after defending it for so long haha.

It's infuriating seeing how many peoples' "wishlist" is just them parroting who they heard in leaks.

"Doomguy, Crash, Hayabusa, Reimu, KOSMOS!"
Or maybe they're just genuinely popular characters that people like? Why is it the first instinct that people to discredit people's opinions as "influenced" by the leaks and some assumption that people aren't genuinely capable of thinking for themselves?

The cool thing now is to not like first party characters because they're not likely.
And again; Or people just genuinely prefer third party characters at this point.

As for the whole goal to a 100, the idea of 5 Echoes kind of ruins it, but I'll play along (man I have soured on Echoes since launch haha):

75 - Ryu Hayabusa
76 - Geno
77 - Crash Bandicoot
78 - Sora
79 - Travis Touchdown
80 - Jill Valentine
81 - 2B
82 - Master Chief
83 - Heihachi
84 - Dante
85 - Sol Badguy
86 - Arle Nadja
87 - Lloyd Irving
88 - Reimu

Echoes:

38e - Shadow (Just so people are happy and I don't have to hear about him anymore).
55e - Mrs. Pac-Man
61e - Zack Fair (Just so we can cheat and get more Final Fantasy VII songs).
71e - Kasumi (Just so some good people are happy with this outcome and we hopefully get more Persona 5 music from her too!)
80e - Leon Kennedy

Honorable Mentions:
Tracer - Would have been on my list had Blizzard not **** the bed like they did.

Doom Slayer - Probably would have been on here if I had more spots, but I like Master Chief better and he as a character is a little more iconic, so I prioritized him.

Chosen Undead - Again, just missed the boat and more because I just need to see a good moveset for a Dark Souls character to be sold on them.

Lara Croft - Basically I felt really bad giving Square Enix 3 (4 if you're absolutely determined to count Sora too) more characters in Smash DLC and Lara Croft is more Western, whereas 2B comes from Yako Taro who I think should be in the game in some form and I also just prefer every moveset option she brings to the table over Lara. I like Lara symbolically way more than I actually like her theoretical moveset.

That would cover basically everything I can think of related to Japanese gaming with some fun personal picks of mine thrown in and a couple of bigger nods to fan picks. Like I've said in the past, I'm a huge fan of Sakurai's "museum of Japanese gaming" idea that he's kind of going for, so I'm choosing to back that up with a lot of really important, influential, or recognizable series and characters haha. Geno, Travis, and Chief are definitely my picks over other options though. I also wanted to be sure to include some more specifically female icons of Japanese gaming as I think we can still do better there as well.

Last edited:

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
100 character thingy

75. Leon Kennedy
76. Crash Bandicoot
77. Bandana Waddle Dee
78. Magolor
79. Ryu Hayabusa
80. Dragonborn
81. Akira Howard
82. Paper Mario
83. Rayman
84. Chorus Kids
85. Elma
86. The Prince
87. Cranky Kong
88. Hollow Knight

10e. Ninten
16e. Impa
36e. Dixie Kong
38e. Metal Sonic
64e. Octoling

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
100 Character List? I'm only going to 85 for the sake of WoL character slots (also since I'm laaaaazy)

Fighters Pass #1
71. Joker
72. Hero
73. Banjo
74. Terry Bogard
75. Dante

Fighters Pass #2
76. Lloyd Irving
77. Ryu Hayabusa
78. Reimu
79. Jonesy
80. Crash Bandicoot

Fighters Pass #3
83. Sora
82. Professor Layton
83. Geno
84. Waluigi
85. Master Chief

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
100 Character List? I'm only going to 85 for the sake of WoL character slots (also since I'm laaaaazy)

Fighters Pass #1
71. Joker
72. Hero
73. Banjo
74. Terry Bogard
75. Dante

Fighters Pass #2
76. Lloyd Irving
77. Ryu Hayabusa
78. Reimu
79. Jonesy
80. Crash Bandicoot

Fighters Pass #3
83. Sora
82. Professor Layton
83. Geno
84. Waluigi
85. Master Chief
I'm curious, why do you support Jonesy?

Ornl

Smash Ace
It's impossible for me to imagine a list of 100 Fighters without Marvelous and Level 5.
Here's to defend Story of Seasons...

Legitimacy
- There are 31 exclusive games at Nintendo. 5 on Switch.
Marvelous Series: 18 exclusive games at Nintendo. 1 on Switch.
Natsume series: 2 exclusive games at Nintendo. 1 other on Switch.
Rune Factory: 7 exclusive games at Nintendo. 2 on Switch.
Other spin-offs: 4 exclusive games at Nintendo. 1 on Switch.

- There are 3 power up Mario in Story of Seasons (2014-2015).
- There are 4 Mario Costumes in Story of Seasons: Trio of Towns (2016-2017).
- There is additional Daemon X Machina (Marvelous) content in Ultimate.
- Farmer can have a female alt, unlike all third party Fighters.
- Farmer can have an original gameplay, invoking plants and animals.
- Farmer is "never saw it coming".

Story of Seasons and Japanese magazines
Nintendo DREAM is a Nintendo video game magazine published in Japan. There are several recurring chapters:
- Animal Crossing: mail and artisanal creations of readers,
- Mario: community and promotion space about Mario,
- Zelda: community and folder space about Zelda,
- Kirby: community space and products about Kirby,
- Fire Emblem: community space about Fire Emblem,
- Mother: community space about Mother,
- Pokémon: information about Pokémon,
- Capcomania: information about Capcom,
- Sega & Friends: information about Sega,
- KONAMI channel: information about KONAMI with corner about Power Pro series,
- Bandai Namco Museum: information about Bamco,
- Macanavi Marvelous AQL Navigation: information about Marvelous and comics about Rune Factory series,
- Level 5 Revolution: information about Level 5 and corner by Takuzo Nagano (designer).

View attachment 211232

Sure, Marvelous and Level 5 are missing in Smash Bros. But Sakurai might want more, like having chosen Squenix, Microsoft and SNK that have already been considered more important.
- Dec 2019 : Rune Factory 5 8th (7.9%), Story of Seasons (new work) 15th (2.9%).
-
Nov 2019 : Rune Factory 5 6th (11.1%), Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town 7th (9.2%), Story of Seasons (new work) 10th (5.4%).
- Oct 2019 : Rune Factory 5 7th (9.4%), Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town 9th (7.9%).
- Sept 2019 : Story of Seasons (new work) 8th (7.8%), Rune Factory 4 9th (5.2%), Rune Factory 5 13th (3.7%).
- Aug 2019 : Rune Factory 4 6th, Rune Factory 5 9th, Story of Seasons (new work) 11th.
- April 2019 : Rune Factory 4 6th, Rune Factory 5 7th, Story of Seasons (new work) 13th.

****4 wishes in 1 top****
- July 2019 : Rune Factory 4 6th, Rune Factory 5 8th, Story of Seasons (new work) 10th, Story of Seasons Doraemon 15th.
- May 2019 : Rune Factory 4 5th, Rune Factory 5 6th, Story of Seasons (new work) 8th, Story of Seasons Doraemon 14th.
- Oct 27 2019 : Rune Factory 5 25th.
- Oct 20 2019 : Rune Factory 5 23th, Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town 28th.
- Oct 13 2019 : Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town 21th, Rune Factory 5 24th.
- Oct 8 2019 : Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town 22th, Rune Factory 5 27th.
- Sept 29 2019 : Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town 21th, Rune Factory 5 22th.
- Sept 22 2019 : Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town 27th.
- Sept 15 2019 : Rune Factory 5 25th, Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town 27th.
- Sept 8 2019 : Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town 22th, Rune Factory 5 27th.
- Sept 1 2019 : Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town 23th, Rune Factory 5 25th.
- Aug 25 2019 : Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town 24th, Rune Factory 5 26th.
- Aug 11 2019 : Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town 24th, Rune Factory 5 26th.
- Aug 4 2019 : Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town 19th, Rune Factory 5 25th.
- July 28 2019 : Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town 17th, Rune Factory 5 25th.
- Oct. 10rd to 16 th 2019 : Rune Factory 5 8th.
- Oct. 3rd to 9th 2019 : Rune Factory 5 8th.
- Sept. 26h to Oct. 2nd 2019 : Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town 8th, Rune Factory 5 9th.
- Sept. 19th to 25th 2019 : Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town 8th, Rune Factory 5 10th.
- Sept. 12th to 18th 2019 : Rune Factory 5 9th, Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town 10th.
- Sept. 5th to 11th 2019 : Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town 11th, Rune Factory 5 12th.

Popularity ranking according to Google Trends
Intro - There are comparisons based on Google searches, although the result isn't enough and the comparison criteria aren't always fair. Google is the most used search engine in the US, Europe and Japan (+90%), and is therefore mainly representative of searches on the web. A Google search also makes something unknown become known. Care about something and discover something contribute to making popular this thing. Like or don't like a series have the same result to advance the series in the popular culture. If someone wants to know the trends of a character or a series, then Google Trends is the best possible tool (or the least worst) to measure trends, although the method is less effective about series that are dead (like Space Invaders for example).
With Google Trends, it would have been easy to predict SMT/Persona, Dragon Quest and, to a lesser extent, The King of Fighters.

Minecraft > Overwatch > Final Fantasy > Halo > Sonic / Resident Evil > Assassin's Creed > Pac-Man > Dragon Quest > Monster Hunter > Souls > UNDERTALE / Kingdom Hearts > DOOM > Metal Gear > Street Fighter > Megaman / Tomb Raider > Tekken > SimCity > Digimon > The King of Fighters > Tales of > Touhou Project > The Elder Scrolls / Persona / Devil May Cry / Yo-kai Watch > Harvest Moon > Crash Bandicoot > Dynasty Warriors > Bomberman > Tamagotchi > Castlevania > Professor Layton > Yakuza > SoulCalibur > Rayman > Dead or Alive / Ace Attorney > Phantasy Star > Ninja Gaiden > Ys > Space Invaders / Suikoden > Disgaea / Guilty Gear > Project Zero > Okami > Bayonetta > NieR > Puyo Puyo > Raving Rabbids > Bubble Bobble > Mystery Dungeon > Shovel Knight > Katamari > Banjo-Kazooie > Virtua Fighter > Sakura Wars > No More Heroes / Momotaro Dentetsu > The Tower of Druaga > Ganbare Goemon / Shantae > Street Gangs.
Dragon Quest > Monster Hunter > Yo-kai Watch > Minecraft > Final Fantasy > Touhou Project > Tales of > Resident Evil > Metal Gear / Persona > Yakuza > Dynasty Warriors / Kingdom Hearts > Megaman / Tekken > Puyo Puyo > Overwatch > Tamagotchi > Ace Attorney > Devil May Cry > Phantasy Star > Street Fighter > Disgaea > Harvest Moon / Digimon > Project Zero > UNDERTALE > Professor Layton > Suikoden > Assassin's Creed > NieR > The King of Fighters / Guilty Gear / Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer > SimCity > Bayonetta / Ys > Sakura Wars > Sonic > Momotaro Dentetsu > Okami > Bomberman / Dead or Alive > Castlevania > Souls > Halo > Pac-Man > Tomb Raider > Virtua Fighter / Tower of Druaga / DOOM / SoulCalibur > Ninja Gaiden > Crash Bandicoot > Space Invaders > Ganbare Goemon > The Elder Scrolls > Puzzle Bobble > No More Heroes > Shantae / Street Gangs > Raving Rabbids > Rayman > Shovel Knight > Katamari > Banjo-Kazooie.
- Minecraft
> Final Fantasy > Dragon Quest > Monster Hunter > Resident Evil > Overwatch > Kingdom Hearts
> Metal Gear > Yo-kai Watch
> Tales / Touhou Project
> Megaman > Tekken > Persona > Assassin's Creed
> Street Fighter > UNDERTALE > Dynasty Warriors
> Sonic > Digimon > Devil May Cry > Yakuza > Halo
> Tamagotchi > ***Harvest Moon***
> The King of Fighters / Pac-Man > SimCity > Souls > Ace Attorney > Phantasy Star > Professor Layton / DOOM
> Tomb Raider / Puyo Puyo / Disgaea / Suikoden
> Project Zero / Bomberman > Castlevania / Guilty Gear > Ys > Dead or Alive > NieR / The Elder Scroll > Crash Bandicoot
> Bayonetta / Mystery Dungeon / SoulCalibur > Ōkami > Ninja Gaiden > Sakura Wars > Space Invaders > Momotaro Dentetsu / Rayman > Raving Rabbits
> Virtua Fighter > The Tower of Druaga / Bubble Bobble > Shovel Knight > Ganbare Goemon / No More Heroes > Katamari > Banjo-Kazooie > Shantae

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I'm curious, why do you support Jonesy?
Fortnite is a massive game, has strong affinity with Nintendo, and would draw in the interest of the younger market, which Nintendo has a lot to benefit by catering to. I also think he'd just be a cool addition to the game.

Also I'd love to see the catastrophic meltdown in the fanbase, as petty as it sounds.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Or maybe they're just genuinely popular characters that people like?
Yeah...no. I might believe that if they were all being requested all along. But characters like Doomguy, Reimu and KOSMOS, NOBODY was asking for before they showed up in leaks. And now they're on half of everyone's wishlists.

This is just the classic example of people would rather be "right" then ask for who they actually want.

Last edited:

Sysreq

Smash Ace
Similar to DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon I only feel like doing up to the WoL slots. Also this is pretty much my wishlist.

Pass 1
1. Joker
2. Hero
3. Banjo & Kazooie
4. Terry
5. KOS-MOS

Pass 2
1. Ryu Hayabusa
2. Reimu
3. Shantae
4. Rex & Pyra
5. Phoenix Wright

Pass 3
1. Tron Bonne
2. Travis Touchdown
3. 2B
4. Jill Valentine
5. Dante

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yeah...no. I might believe that if they were all being requested all along. But characters like Doomguy, Reimu and KOSMOS, NOBODY was asking for before they showed up in leaks. And now they're on half of everyone's wishlists.

This is just the classic example of people would rather be "right" then ask for who they actually want.
or people have discovered a brand new character that they're now interested in, and think could make a good playable character or deserves to be in smash

Spongeboob

Smash Ace
A hot dog stand at the end of time and space
Switch FC
SW-5063-7952-1131
It makes me happy to see alot of Ms.Pacman on your lists I feel like I've spoken it into peoples Heart's
Ms. Pac-Man seriously has no reason to not at least be an alternate like Alph. Hell, I'd imagine it'd take less effort than Alph.
To me, Ms. Pac-Man is just gender-swapped Pac-Man. (Akin to Dark Link just being a Dark Link.) So I think it would be a palette swap at/near the most.
"Not likely"
(Nintendo characters unlikely in a Nintendo game)
But yeah, I find it stupid that there are people who unironically think that.

Somewhat true. However, I've seen a few people every now and again who wanted them before any "leaks" containing them.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master

Hey now, I was asking for Reimu long before the doujin leak was a thing. Joker's inclusion led me to believe she might seem feasible, although I still considered her unlikely. Reimu is not a likely character, and this recent doujin leak didn't change that fact because it's quite frankly an unreliable leak.

yeet123

Banned via Warnings

You're such a hater. Let ppl want who they want lol

Sysreq

Smash Ace
or people have discovered a brand new character that they're now interested in, and think could make a good playable character or deserves to be in smash
This partially for me. For example I somewhat forgot about KOS-MOS, but once she showed up I was like “right, I remember her; she’s pretty badass”

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

I’ve wanted KOS-MOS since base. I know in most ppl’s eyes she’s not as likely as Heihachi or Lloyd or someone else from Bamco, but I can see KOS-MOS being a Sakurai pick.

Plank08

Smash Lord
I guess this "100 character" wishlist is different since it counts echoes, but I'm gonna cheat anyway and basically paste the list I had for a thread with the same premise.

Fighter Pass 1 ends with Crash Bandicoot.

Fighter Pass 2 (continues bringing in 3rd party newcomers):
76. Heihachi Mishima
77. Phoenix Wright
78. Arle Nadja
79. Ryu Hayabusa
80. Doomguy

Fighter Pass 3 (1st party exclusively)
81. Bandana Waddle Dee
82. Karate Joe
83. Min Min
84. Rex and Pyra
85. Edelgard

Individual Fighter Packs (Released randomly):
86. Travis Touchdown
87. Spyro
88. Mecha Fiora
89. Steve
90. Gordon Freeman

Fighting Fighters Pass (Fighting game characters):
91. Sol Badguy
92. Kasumi
93. Sub-Zero

Capcom Presents:
94. Dante
95. Amaterasu
96. Leon S. Kennedy/Chris Redfield
97. Monster Hunter

Pack that caters to my likings:
98. Thanatos (Kid Icarus)
99. Kamek
100. Hollow Knight/Little Ghost/Whatever you wanna call him

:ultdk:2e. Funky Kong
:ultbowser:14e. Dry Bowser
:ultsheik:16e. Impa
:ultpalutena:54e. Medusa
:ultinkling:64e. Octoling
84e. Addam and Mythra
87e. Cynder
88e. KOS-MOS
96e. Jill Valentine/Claire Redfield
subzero wouldn’t get in before scorpion, that’s like Luigi getting in before mario

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Oh snap I just had an idea

the copyrights for FP4’s page changed around the time the Terry video was originally uploaded privately to the Smash Bros. YouTube channel right??

quick, someone check FP5’s page to see if the copyrights changed

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
Listing 19 new fighters doesn't sound fun to me. Do you actually have 19 characters you really care about?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Your reaction: the next Fighter Pass is going to be the Fire Emblem Pass and features 4 characters; Byleth, Dimitri, Claude and Edelgard.

Personally, I'd be ecstatic.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
I suppose anything is possible. But going from "I've never heard of this character before" to "This is now one of my most wanted characters!" in the span of a few weeks seems like a fairly artificial progression.

Somewhat true. However, I've seen a few people every now and again who wanted them before any "leaks" containing them.
Well obviously. Every character has SOMEBODY asking for them. I myself wanted Hayabusa before Hayabusa showed up in leaks. But it's pretty obvious what kinds of fans these new people are.

That's my point though, those character's AREN'T who they actually want. They're just posers trying to get more checks on their wishlist.

Listing 19 new fighters doesn't sound fun to me. Do you actually have 19 characters you really care about?
I've got over 30.

Last edited:

AntagonisticGalaxyCetacea

Smash Journeyman
He has a point though, the fandom tends to cling onto certain characters that have been brought up like Tracer, Reimu, Ryu Hayabusa or now Arle because they're "expected" or big figureheads talk about their inclusions. But that doesnt mean people havent thought about or asked for those characters in the past.

D

Deleted member

Kind of like how some people started wanting Erdrick when they actually knew what Dragon Quest was. Let people bandwagon, mate. It helps support the character and leads to actually educating people on it. As long as they're not ***** about it like some support threads I've read here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yes.

Dixie Kong, Isaac, Felix (also from Golden Sun), Cranky Kong, Funky Kong, Impa, Skull Kid, Classic Ganon, Paper Mario, Toad (any form), Yooka Laylee, Byleth, Dimitri (Fire Emblem Three Houses), Monster Hunter, Amaterasu, Slippy Toad, Krystal and Balloon Fighter.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Your reaction: the next Fighter Pass is going to be the Fire Emblem Pass and features 4 characters; Byleth, Dimitri, Claude and Edelgard.

Personally, I'd be ecstatic.
Listen, I've played Fire Emblem since it came out to the West.
I pre-ordered Three Houses.
I've put over 110 hours in that game.
I totally REALLY want a Three Houses character in Smash.

but even I have to say that that's just way too much.

Besides, for a Fire Emblem pass, only using characters from Three Houses would be super lame.
I've personally been waiting on Lyn for like 15-16 years.

SMT x FE Demifiend and Lyn.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom