• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Honestly I agree I couldn't care less about FP5 as I'm way more interested in post-FP DLC as I have a few questions I would like to know the answer to such as;

A) Will it continue the trend of the original FP?
B) Will we get Spirit/Assist Upgrades?
C) Will we get First Parties?

I'm very interested in the post-FP DLC rather than the FP DLC.
The last FP DLC is my last hope, as it will determine the fate of "should I buy the game's DLC or not".

D

Deleted member

Everyone in this thread is going stir crazy over KOS-MOS currently, and I'm just here thinking about Dynasty Warriors again and how great it'd be to see someone like Zhao Yun or Lu Bu close off the Fighter Pass.

Speaking of Lu Bu, if you think Hero was the most controversial character in Ultimate's competitive scene, just imagine Sakurai adding a character who's intentionally designed to be overpowered in Smash.

D

Deleted member

Everyone in this thread is going stir crazy over KOS-MOS currently, and I'm just here thinking about Dynasty Warriors again and how great it'd be to see someone like Zhao Yun or Lu Bu close off the Fighter Pass.

Speaking of Lu Bu, if you think Hero was the most controversial character in Ultimate's competitive scene, just imagine Sakurai adding a character who's intentionally designed to be overpowered in Smash.
*chuckles*

RIP Game Balancing.

Condenir

Smash Apprentice
I would love Kos-Mos! Shes pretty cool:)

the REAL question is...when the fighter pass is over:

will Rex and Pyra get in as DLC
Who from FE3H will be the rep
Will there be any astral chain reps

I feel like they almost released smash ultimate too early because there are SO many no brained additions from switch games that would’ve been excellent additions to the roster

D

Deleted member

I feel like they almost released smash ultimate too early because there are SO many no brained additions from switch games that would’ve been excellent additions to the roster
Yeah like come on! I can't believe you skipped out on putting Snip and Clip from Snipperclips in Smash! /s

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

That's what a Smash Ultimate Deluxe is for... next system... 4 years from now...

D

Deleted member

Rex and Pyra would rock as free DLC -

"verg and leakers said Haya is coming after FP5"

Faith is still a great thing to have.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Today I learned that this is an actual quote from an actual vidya game that was actually made:

"Die like your father you pin-headed son of an icecream maker!"
-Geese vs Terry

We were robbed if this quote isn't referenced in Smash.

MiketheMike

Smash Journeyman
The music is especially excellent at capturing that classic Rare humor.
Growing up with these games, it definitely had that charming "Rare humor".

I was about to post a link with the video but didn't think anyone would click on it when they can just watch it here. However, I could use some views on youtube, which was part of the reason I posted it here to and also because I wanted to share something relevant with the smash community =)

Cheers and Smash on!

Return of Dixie Youtube link

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
Vergil.

Just about every playable appearance sees him break the game he's in immensely. Considering both his character and history, it makes a lot of sense for him to be the one to destroy the meta.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I do wonder just how many Fighters Pass' were actually sold. It was apparently enough to warrant ANOTHER couple of fighters at least and maybe even a whole nother Fighters Pass. I mean it says a lot when Sakurai mentioned that the budget was running out only to turn around and announce even more characters. It must've sold DAMN well.

I bet the sales of this next pass, if it is a pass, will be the deciding factor of if we get another one. That seems to be the way Bandai-Namco has gone about doing their DLC with Tekken so I won't be surprised.

Speaking of Namco. Who are we thinking is more likely? KOS-MOS or Lloyd? I'm totally down for either.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Vergil.

Just about every playable appearance sees him break the game he's in immensely. Considering both his character and history, it makes a lot of sense for him to be the one to destroy the meta.
sounds about like Marvel VS Capcom

D

Deleted member

I do wonder just how many Fighters Pass' were actually sold. It was apparently enough to warrant ANOTHER couple of fighters at least and maybe even a whole nother Fighters Pass. I mean it says a lot when Sakurai mentioned that the budget was running out only to turn around and announce even more characters. It must've sold DAMN well.

I bet the sales of this next pass, if it is a pass, will be the deciding factor of if we get another one. That seems to be the way Bandai-Namco has gone about doing their DLC with Tekken so I won't be surprised.

Speaking of Namco. Who are we thinking is more likely? KOS-MOS or Lloyd? I'm totally down for either.
KOS MOS for me.

andree123

Smash Ace

Lloyd is a lock to me.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I really hope the supposed direct is on the first week of November. If not the week after.

Don't know if I'll survive if we have to wait until the VGA for DLC fighter 5.

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
Y'know, the most surprising thing is that we don't even know Terry's release date other than "later than November 4th"

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Ah yes, the "X does this too! So Y is okay!" argument.

Spoilers: Just because the Japanese treat Western characters with skepticism and ridicule doesn't make Western fans doing the same any better.
I literally never said that.

Where did I encourage Western fans to bash on characters with different regional appeal just because I needed to prove a point that western audiences aren’t the only group who have difference preferences regardless if they express it in a toxic manner or not?

Honestly I agree I couldn't care less about FP5 as I'm way more interested in post-FP DLC as I have a few questions I would like to know the answer to such as;

A) Will it continue the trend of the original FP?
B) Will we get Spirit/Assist Upgrades?
C) Will we get First Parties?

I'm very interested in the post-FP DLC rather than the FP DLC.
I think everyone feels the same way at this point since with Fighter 5, it’s easy guess it’s just another 3rd Party with no series presence in the game whatsoever.

Last edited:

Banado_Boy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Banado_Boy
Switch FC
SW-3619-0087-7500

I feel like it could be KOS-MOS because of how obscure a choice she is. If these recent “leaks/rumors” didn’t bring up her name, she would be a character that flew under a lot of people’s radars, like Terry before the Nintendo SNK copyright.

When Reggie said these fighters for this pass would be characters we wouldn’t expect, to me, it felt like he really meant it. Joker at the Game Awards was a character reveal that a lot of people didn’t see coming, and if leaks weren’t a thing, a Dragon Quest and Banjo reveal at E3 would have probably had a similar effect.

For Lloyd, I feel like people are sorta expecting him to make it in since K. Rool, Chrom, etc. got upgraded from Mii costumes, and his is yet to be seen in Ultimate.

I could see both happening in the final roster though, depending on how long this DLC cycle goes. I’d also be happy with either if one couldn’t make it in.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
I feel like it could be KOS-MOS because of how obscure a choice she is. If these recent “leaks/rumors” didn’t bring up her name, she would be a character that flew under a lot of people’s radars, like Terry before the Nintendo SNK copyright.

When Reggie said these fighters for this pass would be characters we wouldn’t expect, to me, it felt like he really meant it. Joker at the Game Awards was a character reveal that a lot of people didn’t see coming, and if leaks weren’t a thing, a Dragon Quest and Banjo reveal at E3 would have probably had a similar effect.

For Lloyd, I feel like people are sorta expecting him to make it in since K. Rool, Chrom, etc. got upgraded from Mii costumes, and his is yet to be seen in Ultimate.

I could see both happening in the final roster though, depending on how long this DLC cycle goes. I’d also be happy with either if one couldn’t make it in.
I feel like it's worth mentioning that there was a fake leak or 2 that had KOS MOS in it right after Joker was announced. Feel like she might be sitting on the fence of not the top choice but reasonable and from a company associated with Smash so while not an expected choice shes not completely unrealistic one either

Plank08

Smash Lord
I’m still kind of salty Decidueye didn’t get in, but also time for another FUN GAME SHOW WITH YOUR HOST PLANK!: Retrospective time! What’s your favorite part about smash bros as a whole? Mines has to be the crossover part, seeing all the fighter spirits and the different art styles and franchises all together is so awesome to me.

Spongeboob

Smash Ace
A hot dog stand at the end of time and space
Switch FC
SW-5063-7952-1131
I’m still kind of salty Decidueye didn’t get in, but also time for another FUN GAME SHOW WITH YOUR HOST PLANK!: Retrospective time! What’s your favorite part about smash bros as a whole? Mines has to be the crossover part, seeing all the fighter spirits and the different art styles and franchises all together is so awesome to me.
For me it's the concept of kids' toys duking it out because they feel like it. That and having a good time with your friends.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
For me it's the reveal trailers. Even when it's for characters I don't want most of the time I still really like and enjoy them. Before Terry I was starting to get bummed that there were only 2 more for the foreseeable future.

frozolloyd

Smash Apprentice
By my username, I'm obviously biased, but I definitely think it would be Lloyd. So far no mii costume has returned, as well as Lloyd not being part of the pac man's roulette wheel makes me suspicious. Even if we were to ignore the trademarks and Sabi's source a few weeks ago mentioning "Tales of news", Tales of is the last of the JRPG "trinity" not in the game, and it very much has a reputation in Japan to match. People have said the past few days that Kos mos has a much bigger following in Japan (which is true), but there is no doubt the Tales of series is much bigger then her, as well as Xenosaga, in Japan as well as the West. I mean, they have a literal festival for the Tales of series every year for petes sake. And from my point of view, I have a hard time seeing Sakurai picking her over not just Tales, but the other franchises as well. I mean you have Tekken, the second biggest fighting game, Soul Caliber: another big fighting game, Tales of: Bamco's recent cash cow and their defacto JRPG series, and Dark Souls: a game series that was one of the most talked about games for YEARS. People talk about Square Enix all the time, but that is some VERY rough competition for poor Kos mos to go up against, especially when we start including other equally viable wildcards like Kklona and Agumon. Adding on to the fact she isn't the main character of the game she comes from and Sakurai always picks the main protagonist (remember the slime talk for DQ?).
And while I've been very negative towards KOS MOS, I do think she has a shot. If Sakurai wanted a wild card pick, she definitely would be a good pick and personally I think she would be pretty cool to play as. We will see though. Only a bit more time until we find out from Vergeben who the next character actually is.

Also, since I don't post here often, I thought I would just say another quick tidbit. Although it is true that she is Namco's "Crossover Queen", I personally think it would be more accurate to say she's also Monolith's Crossover Queen. What I mean by this is the main games she crossed over in were either developed or codeveloped by Monolith. To name a few, project X zone 1 and 2 (co developed), Namco x capcom (only developer), Super Robot Taisen (co developed) and Xenoblade 2 (completly developed). As Kos mos fans have said, she was even in the center of the 20th anniversary picture for Monolith. It wouldn't be a stretch to say she is the mascot for Monolith at this point.

Last edited:

Sysreq

Smash Ace
Although a little of it is nostalgia, Digimon Rumble Arenas 1 and 2 are decent fighters. Renamon in the former was so cool. Imagine a character that can jump off a cliff and then switch places with the opponent right before falling: she could do that. She could also teleport you into one of her attacks lol. And she still wasn't even the most broken thing in that game.

Agumon would be fun, too. And Digimon vs. Pokemon is what childhood dreams are made of.
I looooved playing Renamon in Rumble Arena 1. Using Diamond Storm and then Kohenkyo-ing before they started moving felt so good.

RaintheCriminalWhirlwind

Smash Journeyman
Late response cause I was at work but as much as I love everything Xeno I dont think any of the characters come close to KOS-MOS. She is their mother so to speak. Fiora, Elma, Pyra, Mythra, etc are all inspired by KOS-MOS and have similar traits and plot. KOS-MOS can bring any weapon out of her arsenal into smash. She's capable of wielding drills, hammers, swords, gattling guns, lasers, bows, pistols, and she has amazing flashy combos. She's an incredibly exciting choice for smash also because Monolith Soft and Namco have a amazing relationship and she would be the ultimate loveletter to Monolith Soft. They even had her on the front of their 20th Anniversary Artwork. KOS-MOS is the symbol of Xeno in general and is going to be loved for Eternity by Monolith Soft. She's also female and we desperately need more female characters. KOS-MOS, imo would seal the deal with the first fighter pass and become the dlc fighter with the most tools in her arsenal and combine playstyles. Example: Hero is a mage sword fighter, Joker is a dagger user with some magic, and Banjo is a fist fighter while Terry is a fast rushdown character with blinding speed. Think of it like KOS-MOS can do A LOT for one character.

KOS-MOS is iconic for Namco and people recognize her from crossovers more than her own series Xenosaga. Xenosaga episode 1 and 3 were amazing but II is what struggled and ultimately put the series to be rushed out because of its bad choices such as removal of voice actors and battle system stuff. If KOS-MOS were to come to smash then we can likely see Xenosaga evolve and be given a chance especially after all the wonderful things Takahashi and his team have learned from Xenoblade. While her series is not well known, KOS-MOS has tons of figurines that sold well and even became the first character alongside main characters Pyra and Mythra to get expensive figurines. It's kinda a big deal and was even shown off at the Nintendo booth at WonFest even though shes's not entirely Nintendo. Nintendo knows people likely recognize her as the most aggravating blade to pull in Xenoblade 2 and that, imo makes her so popular in the fanbase. Everyone posts about not pulling her, etc. So in essence, KOS-MOS is a queen for Monolith and Namco and there's really no excuse to NOT have her in smash after she's crossed over with Fiora in Project X Zone 2 and tons of other characters. She's in tons of stuff and I mean TONS. Her Refrain version (KOS-MOS Re) was even so popular that it allowed T-ELOS to be revitalized into Xeno lore as T-ELOS Re as a gift from Takahashi for completing the game. She was even designed by CHOCO again who also designed KOS-MOS and T-ELOS in Xenosaga. Furthermore, KOS-MOS and T-ELOS have had promotional artwork from Torna the Golden Country.

As you can see, they are together floating above the world tree! Some Xeno theorists such as myself even believe the Alrest artbook shows evidence that KOS-MOS in XB2 is KOS-MOS from Xenosaga!

That's just a sample of what she can do though! I'm not kidding about her abilities. She can conjure guns, scythes, drills, hammers, swords, she's just super badass.

Even though we are debating if this leak is even real and it turns out not to be... I hope more people will still support her :) Feel free to stop by my support thread if you decide to!
I want her and 2B to battle in smash if they both get in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom