• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
The goose acts like a regular goose and it's name is goose.
The Duck Hunt dog acts like every dog *I've* ever met!

Broke: Sephiroth should be our FF villain rep
Woke: Jecht should be our FF villain rep
Okay, I'll tolerate Sephiroth due to his popularity, but nobody else gets in ahead of Kefka!

If there's any "general FF rep" I think it's going to be Onion Knight who can class change into black night/sage or Bartz Klauser with some Black Mage spells and animations.

Otherwise, I don't think the black mage class is by itself big enough for Square Enix to justify him. Hell, they'd probably go for Vivi just so at least there's a name attached to him.
FF1 characters make better Mii costumes than characters.

We just desperately need a Mii Mage.

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
If the dogs you meet laugh like Duck Hunt Dog they may have been possessed by demons.

I guess I gotta get this Untitled Goose Game
Having played it, I'll warn you; it's short. Like super short. Took me about two hours to complete the main campaign and I took my time with it. There is some post game "To Do List" stuff to keep you coming back after the credits roll, but I'd be surprised if you weren't able to complete it in half a day.

There's a lot of good stuff in it too such as the best use of sound design I've seen in a game for years, the art style is nice, the slapstick is great, and the feeling of ruining everyone's day is extremely carthartic...just maybe pick it up whilst it's still currently on discount on the eShop.

Oh right...erm....Goose for assist trophy actually. Have him steal items, honk loudly causing people to trip over and generally be a nuisance.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
If the dogs you meet laugh like Duck Hunt Dog they may have been possessed by demons.
Especially if they aren't making a beeline for the food. No dog passes up food.
Oh right...erm....Goose for assist trophy actually. Have him steal items, honk loudly causing people to trip over and generally be a nuisance.
Now this is an idea I can get behind implementing! It would receive bonus points if you couldn't attack the Goose; It just gets away with everything.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

This got me thinking, if we get a Mii mage what would differentiate it from the Mii Gunner? Most of the logic for Mii Fighters seems to be focused on how do they attack and the disjoints they have.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
You know who may have a good chance into Smash I see no one talking about? My favorite Summoner Brudda
It's not happening but hey, I would love Yuna. Final Fantasy X is probably my favourite game in the series. I don't consider it the best one if we speak of the better game in objective terms, but I don't know, I have a special affection for FFX.

Also Jecht > Sephiroth. 'Otherworld' is such a banger.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not but if I ever saw a dog that let a duck hop on it's back that is strong enough to lift a dog up into the air and is well coordinated enough to follow the dogs movements to precisely hit their targets while the dog throws explosive barrels and spawn 1800's era western outlaws out of nowhere, all the while laughing at me with a human-like chuckle, the last thing I say is that it acts like every dog I've ever met. But I guess if you look past that stuff, it's pretty normal.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
This got me thinking, if we get a Mii mage what would differentiate it from the Mii Gunner? Most of the logic for Mii Fighters seems to be focused on how do they attack and the disjoints they have.
The Miis were made to fit certain archetypes:
  • :ultbrawler: is a brawler like :ultmario:
  • :ultswordfighter: is a swordfighter like :ultmarth:
  • :ultgunner: is a zoner like :ultsamus:
A hypothetical Mii Caster can't retread on these three archetypes and also can't be too weird. It can't be a heavy because that wouldn't make any sense. A rush down playstyle could work, but it would go against the typical mage archetype. I think the characters that make the most sense to emulate are Palutena, Mewtwo, Ness & Lucas, and Zelda. So like, a read focused combo character?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

We don't really need a new Mii fighter, I think those three work well since those are the most common archetypes in the roster.

Since it's almost October I wonder we'll get new info from our "insiders", or Nintendo themselves.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Mii Caster was more of a Sm4sh DLC or base roster thing. Getting one as DLC wouldn't make that much sense.
We don't really need a new Mii fighter, I think those three work well since those are the most common archetypes in the roster.

Since it's almost October I wonder we'll get new info from our "insiders", or Nintendo themselves.
No clue. Terry was revealed a little under a month ago, so I'd give it some more time. Maybe another month or so before we really get anything.

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
Made a more “complete” list of Resident Evil tracks that could fit Smash. I tried to include every major game but couldn’t really find anything for the RE1 remake or Resident Evil VII.

However, I’m sure if Sakurai really wanted to he could get remixed music from those games to fit Smash; I never would have guessed that the Velvet Room Theme From Persona would be a Smash song, so anything is possible lol.

The newer games definitely lend themselves to Smash more musically, particularly Resident Evil 5. As long as we get “Winds of Madness”, I’d be a happy camper.

Still Dawn (Resident Evil 1)
Second Malformation of “G” (Resident Evil 2)
Unstoppable Nemesis (Resident Evil 3)
Here They Come (Code Veronica)
Alexia Type 2 (Code Veronica)
Krauser (Resident Evil 4)
The Mercenaries - Ada (Resident Evil 4)
Sad But True (RE5 Jill)
Winds of Madness (RE5 Wesker)
Revelations (Resident Evil Revelations)
Vs Super Tyrant (RE2make)
Looming Dread (RE2make)

I’m in the camp that actively wants a Resident Evil character(s), instead of just expecting one like it seems a lot of people do. I’d love to see how Sakurai adapts that legendary series into Smash. I have a feeling that character & their stage would have a lot of love poured into it.

Last edited:

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Just beat Astral Chain, and damn, what a good game. Genuinley hope it becomes a staple series. Id really like to see the Howards in Smash Ultimate. They didnt get any spirits unlike other new Nintendo games, so maybe they stand a chance.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
It's kinda too late for a mii anything In smash ultimate they could bring back the mage costume they had in 4 because there were plenty of costumes and peices to costumes that weren't 3rd party

NickoRaptor

Smash Cadet
That is what the remixes in Smash are for. Like a couple of Persona original tracks are in the game but went unused in favor of the remixes.
True. I guess I'm just more-so saying I don't find much of the music from Resident Evil to be memorable since it's usually just ambient music to make the atmosphere more dreadful. If they remix anything, I don't even know if I'd recognize the original track its remixing, you know?

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
I wouldn't want it bad enough to be putting it on any lists or anything
but the Untitled Goose Character would be hilarious to see in Smash
attacking Ryu and Ganon by just flapping your wings or honking

that said, it being a dud summon like Resetti or Goldeen would be a perfect fit for it

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
When it comes to a Final Fantasy villain in Smash, I'm tossing up between either Sephiroth or Kefka. Sephiroth would be my go-to pick since we already have Cloud and would be a nice way to have a bit more FFVII representation. But then again, outside of Masamune and blazing fast sword abilities, there's not much else that Sephiroth would have to bring in terms of unique mechanics, unless they wanted to put the Limit Gauge on him too.

Kefka, on the other hand, would be a much more interesting pick that I'd just as take. I always enjoyed his fighting style in the Dissidia games where he's a wacky and unconventional spell-caster. Scatter Spray Blizzaga, Meteor, Ultima, or other powerful attacks such as Trine, Havoc Wing (could be made into an Up-Special - an offensive version of Arsene's Wings of Rebellion), and importantly - Light of Judgement as a Final Smash. He probably wouldn't have any other systems attached outside of being a wacky spell-caster, but he'd probably be a fun villain to add.

Either of these two would be my choices for a Final Fantasy villain newcomer. (psst, sneak more songs from the archives if necessary.)

D

Deleted member

When it comes to some of the characters you want to see in Smash, what would be their alts if you were to choose them?

Since I'm currently on the Dynasty Warriors ride, Zhao Yun has a lot of potential in his alts representing all the Kingdoms (blue for Wei, red for Wu, green for Shu, & cyan for Jin), yellow for "other" (or you could even say yellow would be for either Zhang Jiao or Yuan Shao for that matter), purple for Dong Zhuo, and black for Lu Bu.

Ryu Hayabusa will definitely have both his modern and classic look to him, but the NES version would be the alt. Potential recolors for his modern Black Falcon outfit are white based off of his father from the modern games, red based off of his dark blood variant from Ninja Gaiden 2, and purple based off of Ayane. I don't really have any sort of color scheme ideas for his NES costume, but orange would be 1 based off of 1 of the items he gets in the NES games. Maybe red and white would also be suffice since it'll be based off of Momiji.

I don't think I could list which alts represent what character or thing, but Nightmare, on paper, looks like he'd had a great list of color schemes for potential alts like silver, red, gold, and black. I'd also add that 1 Siegfried alt from SC2 in there as well, though there'd probably be only 2 versions of it like how there's 2 versions of Joker's school uniform.

IAmGiles

Smash Cadet
My avatar for this site is a wallpaper based on Untitled Goose Game.

I'm hella down to set the Goose Loose in Smash

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Different, elemantal ranged attacks, with at least one heal option?

At least as different as Swordfighter is from Brawler.

The Miis were made to fit certain archetypes:
  • :ultbrawler: is a brawler like :ultmario:
  • :ultswordfighter: is a swordfighter like :ultmarth:
  • :ultgunner: is a zoner like :ultsamus:
Which is different than a zoner like Palutena. Seriously, saying brawlers and swordfighters are different archetypes, but gunners and mages aren't is silly.

Except the point of Miis is not to be the most common archetypes in the roster. It's to be the most common archetypes in video games, so that whatever characters Nintendo doesn't put in the game, or whatever the players want to be, the players can make themselves.

The wizard archetype is currently a massive hole in the archetypes of gaming. To the point where the DQ11 mage girl is a freaking Swordfighter costume.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Except the point of Miis is not to be the most common archetypes in the roster. It's to be the most common archetypes in video games, so that whatever characters Nintendo doesn't put in the game, or whatever the players want to be, the players can make themselves.

The wizard archetype is currently a massive hole in the archetypes of gaming. To the point where the DQ11 mage girl is a freaking Swordfighter costume.
I agree with you with the opinion that the Mii Caster should be a thing, but in terms of gameplay gunners tend to be the non magical equivalent of mages. That's not to say they can't be different, it's just how it usually is in my experience.

In my opinion the Miis need three things:
  • Characterization: Make the Miis charming again, or at least let us choose their taunts and victory animations. Or heck, even their victory themes and series logo at least that shouldn't take too long to implement.
  • More Interesting Special Moves: The ones they have now are either slightly better or worse versions of other fighter's specials, or mildly interesting original ones. The specials should work with the moveset to take it in different directions rather than there just being four best ones, and the rest are just ok or utter garbage.
  • Mii Caster: Even if it's the same archetype as the Mii Gunner it would still be better than not having one.
Also they need to use the character models in place of the portraits rather than just blacking out the face.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
When it comes to some of the characters you want to see in Smash, what would be their alts if you were to choose them?
For Ryu Hayabusa, obviously the Black Falcon outfit would be his main, and his NES look would be his alt.

For Bill Rizer, Lance Bean would be his alt, since they play exactly the same in pretty much every game they're in.

For Arthur, his normal armor is his main, his Golden/Emperor Armor would be his alt.

For Kunio, if Riki doesn't get to be an echo, then he'd get to be an alt, since they play the same in many(though not all) of their games.

Also they need to use the character models in place of the portraits rather than just blacking out the face.
Also, the name I chose needs to show up.

What's the point of making my Mii Brawler look like Rude from FF7 if people online can't see the name and know what I'm going for!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Most of my most wanted characters don't really need any alts. Geno doesn't need any, Isaac doesn't need any though I guess they could try and make Matthew an alt, Phoenix doesn't really need one unless you want to do Edgeworth but he fits more as an Echo than anything, Dixie doesn't need one, Chorus Kids don't need one, Dr. Eggman doesn't need one, Arle Nadja doesn't need one, Etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

IAmGiles

Smash Cadet
Saw a semantic post about deconfirmed/disconfirmed, and I've got a somewhat semantic thing that's always bugged me as well.

Why do people use the term "bandwagon" in a dismissive way when it comes to Smash speculation?

Isn't the entire goal of creating a support thread for a specific character to try and create a bandwagon effect for that character?

Just because a character has only recently garnered popularity that doesn't mean that that popularity will go away or that it's unearned in any way. I get that some people have been pushing for certain characters for years, (I pushed for K Tool, Ridley, and Banjo in the ballot) but given that many characters are only now considered possible, it's only natural that we will see a bandwagon effect for characters like doomguy.

The implication when people use bandwagon on this forum is that the character can be dismissed as a possibility simply because they've only recently become popular in the context of Smash Brothers. The deeper implication also seems to be that a bandwagon character will lose popularity over time.

now for the semantic issue: wouldn't it be better to refer to characters that seem to have a short term popularity as "fad" characters?

TheAJJohnson

Smash Journeyman

Since I'm currently on the Dynasty Warriors ride, Zhao Yun has a lot of potential in his alts representing all the Kingdoms (blue for Wei, red for Wu, green for Shu, & cyan for Jin), yellow for "other" (or you could even say yellow would be for either Zhang Jiao or Yuan Shao for that matter), purple for Dong Zhuo, and black for Lu Bu.

Ryu Hayabusa will definitely have both his modern and classic look to him, but the NES version would be the alt. Potential recolors for his modern Black Falcon outfit are white based off of his father from the modern games, red based off of his dark blood variant from Ninja Gaiden 2, and purple based off of Ayane. I don't really have any sort of color scheme ideas for his NES costume, but orange would be 1 based off of 1 of the items he gets in the NES games. Maybe red and white would also be suffice since it'll be based off of Momiji.

I don't think I could list which alts represent what character or thing, but Nightmare, on paper, looks like he'd had a great list of color schemes for potential alts like silver, red, gold, and black. I'd also add that 1 Siegfried alt from SC2 in there as well, though there'd probably be only 2 versions of it like how there's 2 versions of Joker's school uniform.
Characters I want to see in Smash...this gives me a little wiggle room.

Dovahkiin from The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - His classic armor and a female alt. Simple as that. There could be some different armor variants, but a gender swap option is just fine IMO.

Isaac from Golden Sun - Pull an "Ike" with him: give him a young version and an older version. Or have Felix be an alt. That would be cool too.

Steve from Minecraft - Steve, Alex, and whatever else Mojang and Microsoft want to put in there. A Master Chief option would be a twisted kind of hilarious! (but mainly sad...)

Scorpion from Mortal Kombat - Where do I begin? Probably have his most recent costume be his main, his klassic MK or MKII be an alt, and also his MK4/MKA skull-mask costume. He could literally have 8 different costumes though. Alternatively, he could just swap out his colors to represent each of the other ninjas.

Last edited:

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
That'd be awesome and I'd instantly main him over "Link, but small, but faster than the other small Link."

Buuuuut, the issue then becomes a Ganondorf 2.0 thing where you're going to have people that just like Young Link as he is and don't want a moveset that changes towards canon since it doesn't fit what they like about the character.
Yeah, but lets be honest here, Toon Link was always meant to be a replacement for Young Link..the differences between them in Ultimate are, honestly, kinda forced imho, so Toon Link, in my eyes, should be Young Link's replacement.
And honestly, the Young Link form of him would be relatively unchanged (just aesthetic differences, like his sword, shield, and equipment being replaced with the Majora's Mask equivolents..and we can replace the Side Special with Bombchu since Down Special would likely become the Mask Swap move since its always the Swapping Command..and Bombchus honestly seem like a more interesting special for Young Link than keeping Boomerang, which wasn't in Majora's Mask, so it would fit better than his revamp would fit MM Young Link, and being MM Young Link would make him make more sense than OoT Young Link using weapons that only Adult Link could use in OoT, but he could use in MM.

...TBH, I'm still annoyed Young Link kept his OoT incarnation instead of having a slight redesign to make him the Majora's Mask version where he was actually the headliner..

StormC

Smash Hero
Leon should have both his RE2 and RE4 outfits since they're the most iconic renditions of his character:

I'd make RE2 the default since it's both his first and most recent appearance.

For Crash, I would absolutely love it if they included biker Crash and some of the alt colors from CTR:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

Sora's pretty easy when it comes to alts. We'll assume he's KH3 Sora. The colors for each colored costume will be boosted for the sake of showing the color since they're rather faded in the original costumes.
  • Original
  • Red for Strike/Valor Form
  • Blue for Element/Wisdom Form
  • Green for Blitz Form
  • Yellow for Guardian/Master Form
  • White for Ultimate/Final Form
  • Shadow (Think Dark Link) for Rage/Anti-Form
  • Second Form Alt
You could also color the Second Form costume for KH2 forms, make costumes influenced by Riku, Kairi, and other characters, or literally make Roxas an alt.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Yeah, but lets be honest here, Toon Link was always meant to be a replacement for Young Link..the differences between them in Ultimate are, honestly, kinda forced imho, so Toon Link, in my eyes, should be Young Link's replacement.
And honestly, the Young Link form of him would be relatively unchanged (just aesthetic differences, like his sword, shield, and equipment being replaced with the Majora's Mask equivolents..and we can replace the Side Special with Bombchu since Down Special would likely become the Mask Swap move since its always the Swapping Command..and Bombchus honestly seem like a more interesting special for Young Link than keeping Boomerang, which wasn't in Majora's Mask, so it would fit better than his revamp would fit MM Young Link, and being MM Young Link would make him make more sense than OoT Young Link using weapons that only Adult Link could use in OoT, but he could use in MM.

...TBH, I'm still annoyed Young Link kept his OoT incarnation instead of having a slight redesign to make him the Majora's Mask version where he was actually the headliner..
They all need different Final Smashes too.

BotW Link's FS should be him Stasising the target, spin attacking him a bunch, then hitting them with an arrow to send them over the horizon.

Young Link should be the Fierce Deity mask.

Toon Link can keep the Triforce Slash.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Saw a semantic post about deconfirmed/disconfirmed, and I've got a somewhat semantic thing that's always bugged me as well.

Why do people use the term "bandwagon" in a dismissive way when it comes to Smash speculation?

Isn't the entire goal of creating a support thread for a specific character to try and create a bandwagon effect for that character?

Just because a character has only recently garnered popularity that doesn't mean that that popularity will go away or that it's unearned in any way. I get that some people have been pushing for certain characters for years, (I pushed for K Tool, Ridley, and Banjo in the ballot) but given that many characters are only now considered possible, it's only natural that we will see a bandwagon effect for characters like doomguy.

The implication when people use bandwagon on this forum is that the character can be dismissed as a possibility simply because they've only recently become popular in the context of Smash Brothers. The deeper implication also seems to be that a bandwagon character will lose popularity over time.

now for the semantic issue: wouldn't it be better to refer to characters that seem to have a short term popularity as "fad" characters?
I was going to give a brief answer to you but y'know what? Screw it I've been itching to make a big essay post for awhile now and so I guess I can take this time to educate some people about this topic Thanks for bringing it up!

Welcome back to another essay post with your very own, ShotoStar! Today's topic will be tackling the problem with the terms "Bandwagon pick" and the bonus "Meme pick!"

Weird topic to make my debut/return to these types of posts depending on if you've seen my last one but here we go!
First off we will need to define what Bandwagoning is and what the term means, According to Merriam Webster (A dictionary site) Bandwagon/Bandwagoning is one of two things; A) "a popular party, faction, or cause that attracts growing support —often used in such phrases as jump on the bandwagon" or B) "a current or fashionable trend"

Now that we know quite a bit more about the definition and meaning behind the word "bandwagon" let's talk a bit about both definitions starting out with the one that could be the cause of mix-up for the usage of "bandwagon" compared to the word most people are using for bandwagon, "fad" .

You could definitely see where people are coming from with mixing those two up but there's still a difference if we look and compare the two definitions, again according to Merriam Webster the definition of Fad is such; "a practice or interest followed for a time with exaggerated zeal" which is to say an exaggerated interest from a widespread audience that dies off quickly compared to "a current or fashionable trend".

The difference between the two is that one while being trendy and having a set peak height of popularity it never truly dies off nor falls into obscurity due to it having a core fanbase that keeps the character, franchise, joke, whatever going even if it never reaches that peak again (AKA Bandwagoning) and then there's a fashionable trend that reaches mass appeal to the point of exaggeration and eventually the mass population falls out of it (AKA Fad).

Also no I am not sponsored by Merriam Webster to give you all the definitions directly from them but if you're available Merriam hmu
So we know the difference between the two and that's even just a singular definition of bandwagon let's move onto the other half which is why Bandwagoning isn't a bad thing and a large part is due to that other definition we should be looking into as well; "a popular party, faction, or cause that attracts growing support —often used in such phrases as jump on the bandwagon".

First of all let's look into situations that the Bandwagoning effect can be applied to be it life-changing or not when typing this up the first thing I thought of is kickstarter and the massive good bandwagoning that's been applied to certain projects like a certain series that's in Smash which is of course Undertale and how without people bandwagoning the kickstarter and it going around through word of mouth it would've never become the indie juggernaut it is now.

Toby Fox was just a dude on a small Earthbound fansite called Starmen.net before working on the Earthbound Halloween hack which while it may have put his name on the mark within the Earthbound fanbase and a little bit outside of it the game never took off and was always incredibly niche so he was just chugging along with life until he got the idea for Undertale, pitched it to Kickstarter and through bandwagoning and a lot of word of mouth it came to be funded and then we all know the story from there. He was just a normal dude before becoming this pillar of the indie scene to the point he gets to work with a decently large company like Game freak.

And what you said about bandwagoning and it being a point of making a character thread is an entirely valid argument as it's pretty true it is a point of making a character thread yet I would go as far as to say it's a good thing for the Smash Community as a whole since without it we wouldn't have gotten Ridley, K. Rool, Banjo-Kazooie and so on so forth.

Ridley, K. Rool and Banjo-Kazooie had a ton of earnest and dedicated fans to getting them in and in turn there came people who wanted the characters due to their design, their fanbases being so earnest and dedicated, Etc and that's a good thing as far as I'm concerned as it just bolsters those characters all that more to the point of being some of the biggest requests in Smash history and making Nintendo and Microsoft listen. It's a good thing not a bad thing whatsoever.
Bonus:
I've seen quite a lot of incorrect usage of the phrase "Meme picks" for quite some time now and it really seems like people just stick whatever character they don't like into the phrase and call it a day without considering their cultural impact or relevance which seems to really annoy not only myself but others like TheCJBrine TheCJBrine but speaking of the dude this one goes out to you.

So as I said it seems like a lot of people push whoever they want into the phrase of "Meme Picks" without considering their cultural impact, relevance or demand instead focusing on who they want over who they don't understand and chalk it up to memes. To further elaborate and talk about this I think we need to look over the definitions real quick so here they are;

"an idea, behavior, style, or usage that spreads from person to person within a culture" or "an amusing or interesting item (such as a captioned picture or video) or genre of items that is spread widely online especially through social media".

Well I think before we talk about what we can gather from this and what not we should and could throw out the secondary meaning since the phrase "Meme Picks" never come with Clips, Images, Etc.

Anyways what can we gather from this? Well that there's two types of definition for Memes the serious kind and the one that people think of when it comes to "Meme Picks" which is the joke/ironic suggestion kind and so there's still a lot of confusion and distaste surrounding the phrase which I won't deny is completely justified

Some people could mean the serious definition but more often than not people mean it as the characters labelled as such is a joke and nothing more which I don't necessarily believe at all or at least they aren't the kind that people say they are so let's take Steve as an example he's often labelled as a "meme pick" yet when we consider his historical value and cultural impact he really shouldn't be considered one.

What historical value and cultural impact does Steve/Minecraft have? Well first and foremost Minecraft is the best selling video game of all time which is quite an achievement for a single game and that within itself really gives the game it's historical value as A) It outsold the entirety of Tetris and B) It has quite a few accomplishments to its name like being the modern pioneer of Sandbox games and the main pillar of them as well.

Yet all this should be written off cause of what? Just cause people find Steve to be a funny character suggestion? That doesn't objectively make him a "meme pick" at all and the phrase or at least the interpretation of the phrase is flawed within itself.

And as for the other definition that's pretty much vague enough for it to go for any character as rooting for a character and supporting them is spreading an idea within itself but if we were to use the "Meme picks" phrase most characters fit into there more than anything including Steve, Sans and Waluigi even though they may be funny suggestions that doesn't mean they're meme picks or at least the kind most people are thinking about.

Point is that the definition is flawed no matter how you slice it. Anyways I'm gonna go pass out now.

BotW Link's FS should be him Stasising the target, spin attacking him a bunch, then hitting them with an arrow to send them over the horizon.

Young Link should be the Fierce Deity mask.

Toon Link can keep the Triforce Slash.
or...

... just an idea but a cinematic FS inspired from this moment would have been pretty epic:

They all need different Final Smashes too.
Btw, you probably knew that but Link's Final Smash is already different from the other 2, he has the Rune Arrow from BotW.

Totally agree with the Fierce Deity Mask!

Stabs his sword through his opponent's head like the total madman that he is.

Just kidding obviously. Triforce Slash is alright :p

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
I’m just going to do alt costumes since I don’t really care too much about alt colors as long as there’s some cool ones.

Doom Eternal (Default)
3A70AB56-2DFE-4CF1-BC97-752E31797576.jpeg

Classic Doom

B2E6CB53-E30D-4EC5-96EA-44B9D5FFB8F3.jpeg

Mark VI - Halo 2/Halo 3 (Default)

2808C7DD-F495-440C-960A-82B20689EC0D.jpeg

Mark V - Halo: Combat Evolved

CD7B938D-EE17-4FE5-8BF4-34B1B306F016.jpeg

Kingdom Hearts 3 (Default)

DE009338-EE23-4615-900D-4C9C03CE97D1.png

Kingdom Hearts 2

22669020-0CE8-4992-9A35-4C8CA63CB5BD.jpeg

Devil May Cry 3 (Default)

4D4B82DF-7EB9-4945-89AA-1F1D0F39262D.jpeg

Devil May Cry V

1317B12C-40B5-4D3E-9451-9894B11796F0.jpeg

With the Resident Evil character, I want it to be like Bowser Jr & Hero where there’s multiple characters under one banner. In-game, it’d be like Bowser where each character is referred to by their name.

I want each costume to represent the 4 biggest games in the series; Resident Evil, Resident Evil 2, Resident Evil 4 & Resident Evil 5.

Jill Valentine - Resident Evil (Default)

ABB09F05-3D78-4573-8C77-4AFB70282FF3.jpeg

Claire Redfield - Resident Evil 2

92B20E88-E3FF-4439-BF89-8839113C8D95.jpeg

Leon Kennedy - Resident Evil 4
D6FC2E6D-C01A-47CD-B5D3-9606B7285A6F.jpeg

Chris Redfield - Resident Evil 5

656A26D9-C955-4C46-B2DA-BE4EF84DEE42.jpeg

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
Honestly, Young Link can keep Triforce Slash as far as I care, as long as he goes into Fierce Deity

at least makes it SOMEWHAT distinct from Toon Link's besides differently shaded Triforce effects

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Honestly, Young Link can keep Triforce Slash as far as I care, as long as he goes into Fierce Deity

at least makes it SOMEWHAT distinct from Toon Link's besides differently shaded Triforce effects
Yeah, I was kinda hoping for at least that lil difference..I mean, Fierce Deity Link is honestly one of the things Young Link is most known for..though I figured it wouldn't happen the moment I saw they kept him as his Ocarina of Time incarnation instead of changing it out for the Majora's Mask version (this would have let us have each Zelda rep represent a different game was well with Link for BotW, Zelda for LttP/LBW, Ganondorf for OoT, Toon Link for WW, and then Sheik would have been better left as her unused TP version, imo, rather then updated to use the Sheikah garb from BotW).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom