• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nquoid

Smash Ace
It's really weird that fighting games have had guest characters for decades now, but Mortal Kombat has never crossed over with any of the Japanese franchises. Almost every single guest character is pulled from comics and movies.

Even Kratos is western designed who obviously very much fits the tone. I'm sure Ryu vs. Scorpion would cause some heads to explode, I have to imagine it hasn't happened yet for a reason.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
It's really weird that fighting games have been guest characters for decades now, but Mortal Kombat has never crossed over with any of the Japanese franchises. Almost every single guest character is pulled from comics and movies.

Even Kratos is a western designed who obviously very much fits the tone. I'm sure Ryu vs. Scorpion would cause some heads to explode, I have to imagine it hasn't happened yet for a reason.
Mortal Kombat is essentially banned in Japan due to graphic and violent content.

Nquoid

Smash Ace
Mortal Kombat is essentially banned in Japan due to graphic and violent content.
Oh I get that, but like no one has even made the attempt to put a toned down version of a MK character in Tekken? If Tekken 7 can feature Negan from The Walking Dead it can handle Scorpion.

It's just odd that there hasn't been any crossover in any capacity whatsoever.

Last edited:

Playstation Guy 1000

Smash Journeyman
After Street Fighter and King of the Fighters, I would say either Tekken and Guilty Gear would be the top choices for more fighting game characters as I kind of doubt KI or MK is happening.
I agree since Tekken and guilty Gear are most there's not a lot of other possible fighting game franchises left(except maybe Killer Instinct but the franchise has a lot of competition with other Microsoft/Rareware franchise.
It's really weird that fighting games have been guest characters for decades now, but Mortal Kombat has never crossed over with any of the Japanese franchises. Almost every single guest character is pulled from comics and movies.

Even Kratos is a western designed who obviously very much fits the tone. I'm sure Ryu vs. Scorpion would cause some heads to explode, I have to imagine it hasn't happened yet for a reason.
Mortal Kombat is pretty much banned in japan because of it's intense violence/gore.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Oh I get that, but like no one has even made the attempt to put a toned down version of a MK character in Tekken? If Tekken 7 can feature Negan from The Walking Dead it can handle Scorpion.

According to Ed Boon, we don't have Street fighter vs Mortal kombat because having both fanbase satisfied would be too hard https://ca.ign.com/articles/2017/02...over-id-have-to-entertain-it-a-ign-unfiltered

And according to Street fighter producer, both universe don't match enough https://kotaku.com/street-fighters-producer-kiboshes-mortal-kombat-crossov-5828390

I'm guessing this is the reason why Mortal kombat don't really do crossover and when they do, it's mostly with violent characters (horror movie, Kratos from god of war).

D

Deleted member

There's probably a lot of factors to why that is the case, but man it would actually be crazy if Guts from Berserk was a guest character for MK11. Too bad it'll never happen since the game isn't available in Japan, and WB probably doesn't think Guts would make a good choice for DLC anyways.

SKX31

Smash Master
Its not really a big player in the gaming scene yet though, from what I can tell..though Japanese culture has always had a 'Japan First, Everyone Else Second' mindset overall, though some people, especially those that deal internationally, may have overcome that particular cultural issue.
My thoughts were halfbaked yesterday, but I should point out Furukawa's words from a Q&A session last year:

With so many people around the world now playing games, we recognize that one of the challenges we must tackle with in the medium and long term is how we take the unique entertainment experiences that Nintendo offers with our integrated hardware and software and expand to regions beyond Japan, the Americas, and Europe. Discussions about expanding in China at this point are just one part of our larger approach for adressing a gaming population that is expanding widely, not just in our current primary markets. This is not a short-term plan, but something we want to work on steadily over multiple years.
One reason for Furukawa's interest? A spike in sales in those other regions, of course! I can only imagine which song played in the execs' heads when they found out.

And no, those other regions are far from big players yet. Nintendo's taking a "Rome was not built in one day" approach here, which I fully understand. Furukawa does note that the primary regions' fanbases were built over 30 years, so it's likely going to be a bit of a slog elsewhere too. Even with Nintendo's mobile games helping to spread awareness practically everywhere. Nintendo's globalization project will take time.

Still though, I could see "Everyone else" play an increasing role. Crash is a great example. If Sakurai were to include him it'd be primarily because of his legacy as a PS1 icon and impact on the platformer genre. But he's also popular in Japan, EU and North America. Yes, his popularity in Iran is a small plus. But that small plus could help Nintendo out a lot in that country. Help grow that seed if you will. Inch by inch. Same goes with other characters who are popular in non-traditional regions like Tracer, Steve or Heihachi. Sakurai would not include them primarily for marketability, instead he'd include them out of their own merits. Furukawa would not mind more Smash fans though - it means more Nintendo fans too, even if it's step by step.

And who knows? More Nintendo fans could mean that some of those fans get interested in Nintendo's first party characters. If anything, more people getting interested in Waluigi, Dixie Kong or others could help them get in. Whether that's Ultimate's DLC or Smash 6.

("Other regions" now account for 3 million Switches. Nothing major, but it's a start.)

Last edited:

CardStealer1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CardStealer
3DS FC
2681-0263-6525
I feel there are several problems causing pokemon speculation to be spread thin. Number one, we’re in an awkward spot in speculation. A new game is about to come out and we have no idea what pokemon could be considered for smash. Reason two, the last 2 pokemon reps have been chosen regardless of fan demand. Greninja was picked because Gamefreak believed it would be the popular pokemon of the gen and Inceneroar was seemingly picked over Decidueye so that we could have a grappler, despite Decidueye support being larger. My third reason is there are simply too many pokemon so it’s difficult to garner support for any single one.

Despite all of the above though, I would still love a pokemon rep. Gengar, Scizor, Heracross, (insert pokemon you want)... ie. pokemon that are more popular than not and would bring a unique fighting style to Smash (although any character would be made to bring something unique, some would bring more than others). As others have suggested, I also think there are some popular pokemon that could be added as echoes. Blaziken as a falcon clone is the one that’s been thrown out the most over the years.

cothero

Smash Lord

That's the major complaint of anyone who thinks that a MK character can't be in Smash. Netheralm is part of Warner Bros. Studios, so crossovers between MK and DC are quite recurrent. If a freaking DC character like Superman can fight against MK characters without gore, why wouldn't characters from Smash? Of course, i would never expect a MK character as a natural choice from Sakurai himself, but he could change his mind, as Nintendo is the one picking the characters this time around. MK returned to a Nintendo system after many years and Nintendo might want to tight those bonds adding a character in Smash. But as the main thread suggests, this is pure speculation. :estatic:

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
That's the major complaint of anyone who thinks that a MK character can't be in Smash. Netheralm is part of Warner Bros. Studios, so crossovers between MK and DC are quite recurrent. If a freaking DC character like Superman can fight against MK characters without gore, why wouldn't characters from Smash? Of course, i would never expect a MK character as a natural choice from Sakurai himself, but Nintendo is picking the characters this time around and Sakurai could change his mind. MK returned to a Nintendo system after many years and Nintendo might wants to tight those bonds adding a character in Smash. But as the main thread suggests, i'm just speculating. :estatic:
I really don't think Mortal kombat rep will happen. Sure Mortal kombat 11 was on Switch… but not even in Japan. Assuming that whoever the guy (or the team) that chose the DLC is Japanese, they probably don't even know about the game (or not that much).

Eldrake

Smash Lord
I don't think we're ever gonna get a Mortal Kombat character, but I could see mii fighter costumes happening.

venomthebest

Smash Apprentice
Just make Steve a Swordfighter. They could use either the diamond sword (logical), or the diamond pickaxe (iconic). Make it come with a remix of the default Minecraft music like how Sans came with a remix of Megolavania.
The way I see it with characters becoming Mii costumes (not necessarily these strict of moves is
Which notable Japanese developers (that tend to work with Nintendo) are still lacking representation in Smash? The only ones I can think of are Taito (owned by Square), Marvelous, Level-5, NIS, Falcom, Arc System Works, Spike Chunsoft, and Technos (owned by ASW). I guess you could throw in Grasshopper Manufacture as well.

There's also Koei-Tecmo and Hudson (owned by Konami), represented by one AT each, but no playable characters.

For each of these companies, possible characters would be...

Taito: Bub & Bob from Bubble Bobble most likely
Marvelous: The protagonist of Story of Seasons or Rune Factory, or a Daemon X Machina character if they wanted to be promotional
Level-5: Jibanyan from Yo-Kai Watch for the most relevant pick, Professor Layton for the most fan-requested
NIS: Laharl or a Prinny from Disgaea
Falcom: Adol from Ys, no doubt
Arc System Works: Sol or Ky from Guilty Gear, though I have trouble imagining it
Spike Chunsoft: Monokuma from Danganrompa, or maybe Shiren the Wanderer from Mystery Dungeon
Technos: Kunio/Riki from Kunio-kun/River City, or possibly Misako/Kyoko from River City Girls
Grasshopper Manufacture: Travis from No More Heroes, obviously
Koei-Tecmo: Hayabusa from Ninja Gaiden, possibly Akane from Dead or Alive or someone from Dynasty Warriors
Hudson: Bomberman is an AT already, but they could get Bonk or Master Higgins from Adventure Island

Which of these companies would you like to participate in Smash?
Bub and Bob all the way for me

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Ooh, I would love to see a playable Flygon or Golisopod ... maybe the latter could come with Guzma in the background, who'd be like Pokemon Trainer but would only use Pokemon because he thinks 'real men only need to use one Pokemon' or something
You sir, are in luck.
Shameless plug for a pipe dream I made a year ago:
IMG_20180908_173905.jpg

Didn't happen. Knew it wasn't going to happen. Still fun to imagine.

cothero

Smash Lord
I don't think we're ever gonna get a Mortal Kombat character, but I could see mii fighter costumes happening.
Imagine Nintendo dealing with all trademark rights troubles with Neatheralm and Warner Bros. just to add some silly MK Mii Fighter costumes in the game. That wouldn't be the smartest move i've ever seen.

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero

zferolie

Smash Hero

So... ring fit adventure heroine for smash?

I may just make a thread for this as it sounds fun. The game looks pretty legit and good. And like her look woth the flaming hair

LunarScribe0

Smash Rookie
The Ring Fit Adventures heroine could be like an echo for Wii Fit Trainer. I wonder if Wii Fit Trainer will even be in the game after Ultimate, RFA could be a good way to keep the same type of character in the series.

Korar

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-5170-5706-7228
Which notable Japanese developers (that tend to work with Nintendo) are still lacking representation in Smash? The only ones I can think of are Taito (owned by Square), Marvelous, Level-5, NIS, Falcom, Arc System Works, Spike Chunsoft, and Technos (owned by ASW). I guess you could throw in Grasshopper Manufacture as well.

There's also Koei-Tecmo and Hudson (owned by Konami), represented by one AT each, but no playable characters.

For each of these companies, possible characters would be...

Taito: Bub & Bob from Bubble Bobble most likely
Marvelous: The protagonist of Story of Seasons or Rune Factory, or a Daemon X Machina character if they wanted to be promotional
Level-5: Jibanyan from Yo-Kai Watch for the most relevant pick, Professor Layton for the most fan-requested
NIS: Laharl or a Prinny from Disgaea
Falcom: Adol from Ys, no doubt
Arc System Works: Sol or Ky from Guilty Gear, though I have trouble imagining it
Spike Chunsoft: Monokuma from Danganrompa, or maybe Shiren the Wanderer from Mystery Dungeon
Technos: Kunio/Riki from Kunio-kun/River City, or possibly Misako/Kyoko from River City Girls
Grasshopper Manufacture: Travis from No More Heroes, obviously
Koei-Tecmo: Hayabusa from Ninja Gaiden, possibly Akane from Dead or Alive or someone from Dynasty Warriors
Hudson: Bomberman is an AT already, but they could get Bonk or Master Higgins from Adventure Island

Which of these companies would you like to participate in Smash?
Professor Layton would be amazing, and monokuma is a pipe dream of mine. most of the other candidates would be awesome, too.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Unless it was still being made. Then we'd get one of the starters.
D/P was still being made when Brawl was in development, and we got Lucario.

Zoroark was used a lot in pre-release promotion, even had its own movie prior to the Gen's release. Same with Lucario. I'm sure they'd still go with Zoroark. Frankly I think Greninja was a result of them not really having a Lucario/Zoroark equivalent that gen. The closest were Sylveon and Mega Mewtwo Y, and I get why they were passed over (though I still think everyone slept on Sylveon - she could've worked).

Who's starting the RingFit avatar character thread?
This character seems like one that would've created less animosity than the WFT back then. It's more of a game game, the character engages in combat, and you actually play as them. Probably would've been an easier pill to swallow.

ZelDan

Smash Master
D/P was still being made when Brawl was in development, and we got Lucario.

Zoroark was used a lot in pre-release promotion, even had its own movie prior to the Gen's release. Same with Lucario. I'm sure they'd still go with Zoroark. Frankly I think Greninja was a result of them not really having a Lucario/Zoroark equivalent that gen. The closest were Sylveon and Mega Mewtwo Y, and I get why they were passed over (though I still think everyone slept on Sylveon - she could've worked).

This character seems like one that would've created less animosity than the WFT back then. It's more of a game game, the character engages in combat, and you actually play as them. Probably would've been an easier pill to swallow.
TBH part of me thinks some of the animosity towards WFT was because she was saved as a last reveal for that E3 and Nintendo actually hyped her up a bit if I'm not mistaken (keeping in mind they did this after revealing ****ing Megaman of all characters). this also happened during a Nintendo E3 direct that I recall a good amount of people were disappointed by (I wasn't really, but still I know others were.)

So with all that combined I think people were just soured by her inclusion after expecting a more "hype" character or already being disappointed by E3 2013 in general.

Had she just been shown off in a more exciting E3 Direct (an E3 2107 or 2019 tier direct), and had they switched Megaman's and WFT's reveal, I think WFT might have gone down a bit better.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
TBH part of me thinks some of the animosity towards WFT was because she was saved as a last reveal for that E3 and Nintendo actually hyped her up a bit if I'm not mistaken (keeping in mind they did this after revealing ****ing Megaman of all characters). this also happened during a Nintendo E3 direct that I recall a good amount of people were disappointed by (I wasn't really, but still I know others were.)

So with all that combined I think people were just soured by her inclusion after expecting a more "hype" character or already being disappointed by E3 2013 in general.

Had she just been shown off in a more exciting E3 Direct (an E3 2107 or 2019 tier direct), and had they switched Megaman's and WFT's reveal, I think WFT might have gone down a bit better.
Well after the initial trailer they said they weren't done revealing things, then the WFT announcement broke a few hours later, with the trailer then posted online after it was played for the crowds at E3.

I actually think they revealed WFT in the best possible way, she was just a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" kind of character - she was going to get a lot of backlash no matter what. But what they did was cushion her reveal by the fact that an entire new game had just been revealed, along with Villager and Mega Man, who were more accepted choices. Moreover, they revealed her right at the beginning, so people acclimated to her by the time the game came out. Had she been some sole reveal in a following Direct, it would've been like Isabelle times twenty. And if they had saved her to the end, forget about it, people would've lost their minds. You think ROB had it bad, she would've had the whole placed burnt down.

But they slipped her trailer out as a post-reveal reveal with much less fanfare, on the backs of hype stuff, and then still had an entire cycle for people to come to terms with her presence. It's like how they smothered Daisy among all the stuff people liked. By the time the game came out, the complaints were about Dark Pit and Kid Icarus bias. Then by the time DLC finished the complaints were about Corrin, and FE bias. She got away about as unscathed as a character like her could hope for. Now she's just sort of forgettable instead of decried.

Nquoid

Smash Ace
Digging through the indie games that Nintendo have spoken about GDC as being best sellers

So here are the titles in alphabetical order (cus there was no sales order)

Celeste
Enter The Gungeon

Fast RMX
Golf Story
Kamiko
NBA Playgrounds
Overcooked
Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove
Stardew Valley
SteamWorld Dig 2

Celeste
Dead Cells
Enter The Gungeon
Golf Story

Graceful Explosion Machine
Hollow Knight
Overcooked
Overcooked 2
Stardew Valley
Undertale

I bolded the titles that were on the list both years.

So is there anything on those lists that jump out as titles that could have content in Smash, considering we've so far had Undertale and Shovel Knight.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I still think Piranha Plant was one of THE most tone deaf reveals I've ever seen.

The whole Direct "The Final Characters ARE: Inceneroar and Ken! Isaac, Shadow, Bomberman, Krystal, Zero, Waluigi and more are just Assist Trophies! But wait! We lied! This Plant is Playable too!! Sorry Isaac and Waluigi!"

Like, I won't even lie that the fact that they chose PP over Waluigi, Geno, Toad, etc., without even mentioning Isaac, Spring Man, and Rex just for the fact that they're not Mario characters, really rubbed me the wrong way. Even still does thinking about it.

I dunno, I get that there's a weirdo character in every game like G&W, R.O.B., and WFT, but this was THE WORST time to announce him. It was just a real punch in the balls to a lot of the fans and especially to Isaac hopefuls like myself.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Digging through the indie games that Nintendo have spoken about GDC as being best sellers

So here are the titles in alphabetical order (cus there was no sales order)

Celeste
Enter The Gungeon

Fast RMX
Golf Story
Kamiko
NBA Playgrounds
Overcooked
Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove
Stardew Valley
SteamWorld Dig 2

Celeste
Dead Cells
Enter The Gungeon
Golf Story

Graceful Explosion Machine
Hollow Knight
Overcooked
Overcooked 2
Stardew Valley
Undertale

I bolded the titles that were on the list both years.

So is there anything on those lists that jump out as titles that could have content in Smash, considering we've so far had Undertale and Shovel Knight.
Hollow Knight Mii Swordfighter?
Enter the Gungeon Marine Mii Gunner?

ZelDan

Smash Master
Well after the initial trailer they said they weren't done revealing things, then the WFT announcement broke a few hours later, with the trailer then posted online after it was played for the crowds at E3.

I actually think they revealed WFT in the best possible way, she was just a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" kind of character - she was going to get a lot of backlash no matter what. But what they did was cushion her reveal by the fact that an entire new game had just been revealed, along with Villager and Mega Man, who were more accepted choices. Moreover, they revealed her right at the beginning, so people acclimated to her by the time the game came out. Had she been some sole reveal in a following Direct, it would've been like Isabelle times twenty. And if they had saved her to the end, forget about it, people would've lost their minds. You think ROB had it bad, she would've had the whole placed burnt down.

But they slipped her trailer out as a post-reveal reveal with much less fanfare, on the backs of hype stuff, and then still had an entire cycle for people to come to terms with her presence. It's like how they smothered Daisy among all the stuff people liked. By the time the game came out, the complaints were about Dark Pit and Kid Icarus bias. Then by the time DLC finished the complaints were about Corrin, and FE bias. She got away about as unscathed as a character like her could hope for. Now she's just sort of forgettable instead of decried.
Well sure, Wii Fit Trainer probably wasn't going to gain any interest or excitement no matter when she was revealed. I guess I always figured that if switching her reveal around with Megaman's would have lessened it to an extent.

I mean, if they were switched, then seeing Megaman at the end would have excited people and maybe made them forget whatever negative stuff the felt about WFT. Compared to what actually happened where people were excited when they knew Smash stuff wasn't finished yet, but then were greeted with WFT, giving them a feeling of "Wait, THAT'S it!?"

Then again, Sans Mii costume being revealed after Terry didn't stop people from going "UGH I didn't want this character!" or "HE'S JUST HAT KEN!", and Ridley being revealed didn't stop Waluigi's assist trophy from receiving a large outcry so what do I know

TriggerX

Smash Ace
There was someone on the boards who was always mentioning Agumon. I kind of took it as a joke, but you know Smash being the first game to pit a pokemon against a Digimon against eachother actually sounds like milestone worth achieving.

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
I know assist trophy characters have fans but lets compare somethings.
Waluigi in the roster or Ryu Haybusa added?
Shadow in the roster or Doom Guy added?
Starfy in the roster or Crash Bandicoot added?
Isaac in the roster or Sora added?
there is no world where I would rather have assist trophies upgraded rather than new characters. (obviously new additions could be something like Rex and Pyra but thats still better than most assists)
Lol my choices:
Ryu
Neither. I guess Shadow is less offensive
Starfy
Isaac

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Well sure, Wii Fit Trainer probably wasn't going to gain any interest or excitement no matter when she was revealed. I guess I always figured that if switching her reveal around with Megaman's would have lessened it to an extent.

I mean, if they were switched, then seeing Megaman at the end would have excited people and maybe made them forget whatever negative stuff the felt about WFT. Compared to what actually happened where people were excited when they knew Smash stuff wasn't finished yet, but then were greeted with WFT, giving them a feeling of "Wait, THAT'S it!?"

Then again, Sans Mii costume being revealed after Terry didn't stop people from going "UGH I didn't want this character!" or "HE'S JUST HAT KEN!", and Ridley being revealed didn't stop Waluigi's assist trophy from receiving a large outcry so what do I know
You gotta keep in mind that the reveal trailer played in the E3 Direct and a character trailer unceremoniously dropped a few hours later aren't going to get the same amount of eyes. Using your biggest platform to announce Villager and WFT doesn't quite leave the same impression as Villager and Mega Man. A first impression, too, so not an unimportant one.

Then again, they revealed Pac-Man behind closed doors. Though that was also a year into promoting the game, not before anything else was known. Plus they had already buffered the Mii reveal with Palutena, who was very popular back then.

What they could've done is created a trailer more in-line with Brawl's reveal trailer and just stuck WFT in between Villager and Mega Man in one long reveal. Then people would be too swept up in things to get incensed. By the time they could process everything, Mega Man would've already been revealed. Like I'm sure ZSS would've raised more eyebrows had Wario and Snake not directly followed her. But it seems like they wanted each character to have their own individual trailer.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
It's super weird to hear that people were unhappy about Wii Fit Trainer because she was one of my favorite additions when I was out of the fandom. It helps that I love non-fighters and am super fond of the Wii Fit series as I played it a lot in college so I recognized every single one of her poses and voice clips so she was hilarious.

millsfan

Smash Apprentice
I know assist trophy characters have fans but lets compare somethings.
Waluigi in the roster or Ryu Haybusa added?
Shadow in the roster or Doom Guy added?
Starfy in the roster or Crash Bandicoot added?
Isaac in the roster or Sora added?
there is no world where I would rather have assist trophies upgraded rather than new characters. (obviously new additions could be something like Rex and Pyra but thats still better than most assists)
Everyone likes different types of characters. Although the 3rd party characters they are adding are popular and have fanbases, it is still a nintendo game; I and many others would like to see more nintendo characters and closer third parties added. I am only a nintendo gamer, so all these 3rd party characters, I do not care for. I would rather have Shadow added than any other character mentioned.

I'd take Isaac over Sora, but that's about it.

When people say they want AT upgrades, it usually just means they want one of Waluigi, Isaac or Skull Kid (maybe Shadow, but that idea was always more for an echo), and I think any one of those would be a very good inclusion. I'm like 99% sure none of those are going to happen (Waluigi is the only one of these with a miniscule shot imo), but I totally get why people want those characters over other options, because they do have a lot of appeal regardless of their current role.
Watch gameplay of Shadow in the GBA Game SB, and also view how he fights in Smash Legacy XP. Shadow is unique and should not be an echo

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
It's super weird to hear that people were unhappy about Wii Fit Trainer because she was one of my favorite additions when I was out of the fandom. It helps that I love non-fighters and am super fond of the Wii Fit series as I played it a lot in college so I recognized every single one of her poses and voice clips so she was hilarious.
I thought Wii Fit Trainer was probably one of the more talked about characters during the first reveals, her and Villager ironically, though then again, that might have been more with the casual side of the Smash fanbase with the whole "Killager" and "Talk **** get Fit" memes and all back then....

Last edited:

cothero

Smash Lord
There was someone on the boards who was always mentioning Agumon. I kind of took it as a joke, but you know Smash being the first game to pit a pokemon against a Digimon against eachother actually sounds like milestone worth achieving.
I know who the guy is. I used to think that could never happen, but now i changed my mind. I think pretty much everyone is on table right now. The difference is that some characters are more likely and some are less-likely. We got Cloud and Banjo-Kazooie on the same game, for god's sake. Remember people saying Banjo's inclusion would be impossible for being owned by a rival company (Microsoft)? Remember when Cloud chances of inclusion was taking as a joke by many? I'm not even talking about all the other guest characters. Look how far we got.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
I know who the guy is. I used to think that could never happen, but now i changed my mind. I think pretty much everyone is on table right now. The difference is that some characters are more likely and some are less-likely. We got Cloud and Banjo-Kazooie on the same game, for god's sake. Remember people saying Banjo's inclusion would be impossible for being owned by a rival company (Microsoft)? Remember when Cloud chances of inclusion was taking as a joke by many? I'm not even talking about all the other guest characters. Look how far we got.
True, but he's fourth party
Which is sad

Flyboy

Smash Hero
True, but he's fourth party
Which is sad
He's not. Digimon digital pets came before the anime and so did the Digimon World game - it predates the anime by two months.

It's very much like Pokemon in that the anime later inspired the portrayals in-game and other media, but Digimon is a gaming property first.

I kinda want Agumon just to make Graizen happy, even if I'm not an active supporter. He's a cute dinosaur and that's cool with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom