• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyberfire

Smash Journeyman
5 weeks between Banjo and Hero, and then just a couple of months before Terry?

I guess they really was just trying to get ahead of themselves during the pre-Joker drought.

Cycrum

Smash Apprentice
Sakurai made it sound like future dlc would only be from new unrepresented series. Maybe it was just odd word choice but that makes future predictions a bit easier (and vaster at the same time).

I made a post this morning about wanting an Undertale rep for their music, this is the best compromise I could think of. Amazing.
How so? Nothing I saw or heard seemed to hint in that direction.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Sakurai really is the biggest troll, man.

I put my hopes of Kyo Kusanagi getting in to rest and made peace with Terry Bogard getting in instead...

ONLY FOR HIM TO BAIT ME WITH OPENING WITH THE KING OF FIGHTERS 94 INTRO.

AND FOR A SECOND I REALLY THOUGHT KYO WAS IN, MAN.

I don't think I've ever had my heart rise and sink so quickly ever before :(

♕Pretty Roger♕

God Roger
NNID
RogelioWii
3DS FC
0602-6365-8680
Switch FC
SW-2762-7992-4597
The fact that they showed most of the popular SNK choices but Mai, makes me think she is coming later on (or even as a Tag Fighter, maybe that is the reason they showed almost no Terry footage).

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
Sakurai made it sound like future dlc would only be from new unrepresented series. Maybe it was just odd word choice but that makes future predictions a bit easier (and vaster at the same time).
He said there many never be another opportunity to include as many "game world" as they have now. I think the speculation community is going to spend the next few months debating what that wording exactly means.

Last edited:

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Terry looks so good.

Banjo moveset also looks cool.

The Sans Mii Costume was really unexpected, we will see a lot of Sans online for sure.

Above of all that, I'm surprised that Capcom was bravely enough to release Devil May Cry 2 individually, hahahaha

Untouch

Smash Master
The fact that they showed most of the popular SNK choices but Mai, makes me think she is coming later on (or even as a Tag Fighter, maybe that is the reason they showed almost no Terry footage).
CERO probably had a fit at Nintendo even suggesting the idea.

FrederickCrescent

Smash Rookie
wave 2 of dlc im gonna predict is another 5. im gonna revise predictions and go with...
no order

doomguy
touhou rep/reimu
chosen undead
soul calibur rep
an indie rep, possibly Quote, maybe an undertale character, but this happens to tie with me suggesting touhou considering ZUN is 1 person and represents indie in a way thats been going for years as a sole developer
Ryu hayabusa
2B

edit: didn't realize a sans mii costume was announced, no undertale prediction then. thats awesome though.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Intern-kun? Yeeeeah, I'm going to need you to update the Smash website... yeeeeah I want to look at Terry Bogard some more so if you could do that that would be greaaaaat.

ProfPeanut

Smash Ace
Undertale having its own series icon is going to a ****ton of fuel to the speculation flames from here on out.

Also, Undertale is now practically tied with Shovel Knight in the indie race to a playable character. Wild, but expected.

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Seeing Terry finally make it into Smash was amazing, but damn I now know how Chrom fans felt back in SSB4.

RIP Kyo, Iori, and Nakoruru.

blackghost

Smash Champion
thats an interesting theory. she was notably missing from the trailer.

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
Yeah, Banjo and Terry look cool and all

BUT HOLY **** SAKURAI ACTUALLY PUT SANS IN SMASH AND PLAYED ULTIMATE WITH TOBY FOX! THIS IS THE MOST EXCITED I'VE BEEN FOR ANY SMASH ANNOUNCEMENT SINCE JOKER AND IT'S FOR A FREAKING $0.75 MII COSTUME!

...So yeah, this Direct was pretty good

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
That Terry trailer was brutal lmao. Every SNK character just got **** on. Like 10 characters got Chrom'd. He seems like hell be fun.
The trailer was pretty much the entire Smash fanbase over the past few days, right down to having to explain that the NeoGeo was a thing.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
The trailer for Terry was really a troll man. For a moment I thought Kyo was in.

About wave 2 of DLC I think it's pretty obvious that the characters will be all from new IPs. They said they want to bring "new worlds". In other words, new franchises. I only see Waluigi being the exception for obvious reasons.

Cyberfire

Smash Journeyman
Undertale having its own series icon is going to a ****ton of fuel to the speculation flames from here on out.

Also, Undertale is now practically tied with Shovel Knight in the indie race to a playable character. Wild, but expected.
Source on Undertale having a series icon? That's pretty huge if true.

Himiko

Smash Apprentice
That's rough, sorry to hear it. The past two Smash games have been more than amazing for me. Ultimate in particular. (Banjo & Kazooie are my most wanted of all time, and K. Rool was #2)

Luckily, more characters past the final Fighter's Pass one are on the way. Who are you hoping to see?
Jill from Resident Evil might be my most desired. Tifa, Yuna, or Lightning from Final Fantasy would be amazing as well. I could also get behind Lara Croft. And maybe I could also accept Sora. These are just some characters off the top of my head right now.

Last edited:

Ayumi Tachibana

Smash Ace
Terry, cool.
More DLC, super cool.
But Famicom Detective Club Remake tho!
You know who's preparing a cup of coffee now...

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
So...I made my peace with this Game.
I was just being a competitor with Joker, slowly raising up in the french-parisians scene....I was ready...

But then Terry Boggard happened....
And then a fighter pass 2...

Him wanting to satisfy more and more fans...

Should I finally come back....For one more time?One more fight for Sora after I believed and got Roy in smash 4? Cloud? CHROM? JOKER? HERO? ****ING TERRY? Should I bring my hope up once again... when I already got everything I wanted?

I shouldn't, I know we're going to get criticism because of "MUH DISNEY" and such....But you know what?

You know damn what?
Here we go again...For another ride.

Last edited:

Hidan

Smash Apprentice
How so? Nothing I saw or heard seemed to hint in that direction.
The translation was “Adding more characters to the game, means adding new game worlds to the series” or something to that effect. That to me sounds like he’s focusing on bringing new series to Smash to make it as “definitive” as possible. Everything from around 24 minutes on.

https://youtu.be/DPh3HM6ofWU

zferolie

Smash Hero

I feel that having a Mii fighter costume hurts your chances to being playable, but its possible. Shantae is up there with those 2 as Indie reps for the series for sure

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
Thank god we don't have to speculate about fighter pass 2 anymore
Also oh my god Sans
Sans invalidated the entire rest of the Direct
It's like WHO CARES, TOBY FOX GOT TO WORK ON SMASH

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
He said there many never be another opportunity to include as many "game world" as they have now. I think the speculation community is going to spend the next few months debating what that wording exactly means.
Let's kill this before it starts. Every game has it's own unique world. If we are going to disqualify anyone, it should only be those that already have all of the games they appear in represented in Smash. Personally I hope we don't disqualify characters for such arbitrary reasons but it'll happen anyway so I'm probably waiting my...text limits...

(Wow that expression does not work on a computer)

MrElectroG64

Smash Journeyman
I take back everything I said about Terry. With the news that there will be even more fighters, I can rest easy. Terry is based.

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
Sans is dead, the Mii Costume killed him. But most people are fine with that.

No, it is Frisk who benefits from the Undertale series symbol.

AntagonisticGalaxyCetacea

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai really is the biggest troll, man.

I put my hopes of Kyo Kusanagi getting in to rest and made peace with Terry Bogard getting in instead...

ONLY FOR HIM TO BAIT ME WITH OPENING WITH THE KING OF FIGHTERS 94 INTRO.

AND FOR A SECOND I REALLY THOUGHT KYO WAS IN, MAN.

I don't think I've ever had my heart rise and sink so quickly ever before :(
Same, I really thought they were gonna hit us and it was Kyo the whole time. But nope. Sakurai got my ass

Flik

Smash Journeyman
Seeing Terry finally make it into Smash was amazing, but damn I now know how Chrom fans felt back in SSB4.

RIP Kyo, Iori, and Nakoruru.
It's not that bad because none of them were single out as a loser.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom