• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

NurpNurp

Smash Journeyman
You'll have to stick to 94 and 98 for the Sports Team. It's a running gag for them to always lose their invite.

Ai, one of the protagonists of Neo-Geo Battle Coliseum.
Thank you, and in any KoF game, is Zero/Original Zero playable? His design is too cool to not be playable

D

Deleted member

in tribute to KOF, sakurai now lets you make custom colour palettes
That'd be awesome but if we can't even get a fully fleshed out roster, what do you think are the chances of this

Last edited by a moderator:

KatKit

Smash Lord
Excuse me what
That was basically my reaction when I first came across it in the move list lol.

I think the idea is to hold the up button during a different move's attack animation, so that you don't jump before you hold the down button. It's very situational, but it's possible to input raw by using the D-pad and analogue stick simultaneously.

Said character's reverse Kikosho input is kinda silly, too. It's a close range attack that makes you walk toward the opponent by holding forward (leaving you vulnerable), then you have to walk backwards and hope they step into it.

To date, it's the only fighter I've ever played where there are some attacks I simply cannot do. There's a special move where you have to time button presses perfectly and consecutively, right after inputting a different special move. I think you even get an achievement simply for landing it properly.

It still manages to be of the best 2D fighters I've ever played though lol.

Last edited:

SNEKeater

Smash Master
I think we will get some spirits representing various teams from KoF. That way I can see a lot of characters appearing with 10-15 spirits or less.

Even with that I guess that at least Kyo and Iori would have unique spirits.

NurpNurp

Smash Journeyman
That was basically my reaction when I first came across it in the move list lol.

I think the idea is to hold the up button during a different move's attack animation, so that you don't jump before you hold the down button. It's very situational, but it's possible to input raw by using the D-pad and analogue stick simultaneously.

Said character's reverse Kikosho input is kinda silly, too. It's a close range attack that makes you walk toward the opponent by holding forward (leaving you vulnerable), then you have walk backwards and hope they walk into it.

It still manages to be of the best 2D fighters I've ever played though lol.
Oh, it's a buffer! Like putting in full circle inputs for grapplers but more bizarre

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
i want a taunt where terry does this classic "i'm going to eat your ****ing belly button at 3am" face

1572982808336.png

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Thank you, and in any KoF game, is Zero/Original Zero playable? His design is too cool to not be playable
They are both playable in 2002 UM, which you can get on Steam.

I love the cape animations on both of them.

zero-cape2.gif

Fun fact: Clone Zero is based on a character from Fist of the North Star. The creators of KoF weren't satisfied with his design and the cut content he was supposed to have (like a lion in one of his attacks), so they created Zero in 2001.

NurpNurp

Smash Journeyman
They are both playable in 2002 UM, which you can get on Steam.

I love the cape animations on both of them.

View attachment 245271

Fun fact: Clone Zero is based on a character from Fist of the North Star. The creators of KoF weren't satisfied with his design and the cut content he was supposed to have (like a lion in one of his attacks), so they created Zero in 2001.
EXCELLENT I'm about to become the biggest KoF fan just for Zero

Axelocke

Smash Journeyman
Wait, it all makes sense now! Sakurai is going to be discussing each and every one of Terry's animations and why frame 1 and frame 2 of his forward smash have significant history in gaming!
1572983062808.png

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
He has a source who said he doesn't believe the leak personally based on some info of his, but he or the source isn't sure so he's going to look into it.

Basically we're in the dark.
Jesus Christ. This is literally next Grinch Leak. Only time will tell until otherwise if not we'll know by the VGA or once Vergeben speaks his peace.

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
If that happens, that's one for the Goemon leaker.
I think that the Goemon leaker could be correct about Crash coming to Smash, but not that he's fighter #5.

Can someone find the list of mii costumes that he "leaked"?

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Who is this?? I?? Love her??
She's Ai. She's from Neo-Geo Battle Colosseum and ONLY that game.

She attacks with a bunch of SNK-related games and other such things. Placing Tetris Pieces, a Hot-Air Balloon from Puzzled, a baseball bat from some Baseball game, other such things.

Kinda sucks she hasn't come back outside of mobile game cameos.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I think that the Goemon leaker could be correct about Crash coming to Smash, but not that he's fighter #5.

He leaked:

-Zero
-Protoman
-Goemon
-Rocket Grunt
-Mallow/Smithy (he named them off like that instead of separating them for some reason)
-Chocobo

He didn't say when they'd be coming; of course, we have gotten Goemon, Rocket Grunt, Zero and Protoman.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It's very possible he does a Vergeben and go "Whoops! Okay, Crash is post-pass."

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
It's funny to me how people pretty much see Verge as the only (semi) reliable leaker at the moment. People were so sure he was full of crap pre-launch.

D

Deleted member

It's funny to me how people pretty much see Verge as the only (semi) reliable leaker at the moment. People were so sure he was full of crap pre-launch.
Right? Post-release too. People hounded him for getting the VGA character wrong until E3 where we finally got his SE rep.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
My ideal SNK inspired Mii costumes:

Brawlers: Kyo Kusanagi (KoF), Geese Howard (Fatal Fury), Iori Yagami (KoF), Ryo Sakazaki (Art of Fighting), Athena Asamiya (Psycho Soldier), K' (KoF), Kula Diamond (KoF), Rock Howard (Garou).
Sword Fighters: Haohmaru (Samurai Shodown), Mai Shiranui (Fatal Fury), Nakoruru (Samurai Shodown), Kaede (Last Blade), Hanzo (World Heroes), Charlotte (Samurai Shodown), Galford (Samurai Shodown).
Gunners: Marco Rossi (Metal Slug), Mars People (Metal Slug.)

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I just realized.

The first dang thing people are going to check when the patch notes come out is if Ken's Shoryu is changed to what it is in the Mii video.

Honestly, that aside, I have a feeling this is going to be a fairly meaty balance patch.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I just realized.

The first dang thing people are going to check when the patch notes come out is if Ken's Shoryu is changed to what it is in the Mii video.

Honestly, that aside, I have a feeling this is going to be a fairly meaty balance patch.
Didn't some people find Ken's shoryuken wasn't changed after all?

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Everyone’s wondering “What the heck are they gonna talk about in 45 minutes without more character reveals?”

Here’s how it’s gonna go for my prediction:
-SNK‘s history
-King of Fighters/ Fatal Fury franchise overview
-Terry’s moveset
-KoF Stage
-NeoGeo controller
-Sakurai playing a match
-Music
-Mii costumes
-Release date

Boom, that’s more then enough meat in the span of 45 minutes.

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
Everyone’s wondering “What the heck are they gonna talk about in 45 minutes without more character reveals?”

Here’s how it’s gonna go for my prediction:
-SNK‘s history
-King of Fighters/ Fatal Fury franchise overview
-Terry’s moveset
-KoF Stage
-NeoGeo controller
-Sakurai playing a match
-Music
-Mii costumes
-Release date

Boom, that’s more then enough meat in the span of 45 minutes.
To be honest, I actually would not be surprised if this is how it goes tomorrow! He's really going to ramble on for almost an HOUR about SNK and their history and I would not be mad at it! Please, teach us some gaming history, Sakurai!

Last edited:

Flik

Smash Journeyman
My ideal SNK inspired Mii costumes:

Brawlers: Kyo Kusanagi (KoF), Geese Howard (Fatal Fury), Iori Yagami (KoF), Ryo Sakazaki (Art of Fighting), Athena Asamiya (Psycho Soldier), K' (KoF), Kula Diamond (KoF), Rock Howard (Garou).
Sword Fighters: Haohmaru (Samurai Shodown), Mai Shiranui (Fatal Fury), Nakoruru (Samurai Shodown), Kaede (Last Blade), Hanzo (World Heroes), Charlotte (Samurai Shodown), Galford (Samurai Shodown).
Gunners: Marco Rossi (Metal Slug), Mars People (Metal Slug.)
The lack of Kim Kaphwan is unforgivable.

Although I wonder if Sakurai and Co. could do his pants justice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom