• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
It just seemed weird to see those kinds of Mii hats so early. Something smelled fishy. Like I said before, Terry isn't even out yet, why would we being seeing leaked footage of Doom stuff now? Then again, maybe they make Mii hats waaaay ahead of time before they are even close to being done with the fighter. I don't know what Sakurai's team's schedule is or how they go about doing things.
Remember that Vergeben caught wind of Hero months in advance before his actual announcement.

D

Deleted member

Really? I thought it was just before Joker got announced.
Discussion of a Square Enix newcomer went as far back as Ultimate's reveal. Vergeben was the only one saying it might be Dragon Quest and backed it officially in February.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Don't let this mii costume drama distract you from the fact that there is still no Terry flair on this site even though there is a Sans mii costume flair which was revealed the same day as Terry.

:nessecho:

D

Deleted member

Don't let this mii costume drama distract you from the fact that there is still no Terry flair on this site even though there is a Sans mii costume flair which was revealed the same day as Terry.

:nessecho:
Not only that. Someone went out of their way to open up photoshop, make a transparent Sans mii costume image, and then upload it to Smashboards while ignoring how adding Terry would have taken less time

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

There's something oddly poetic about the next potential real leak having Ken in it.

Annotation.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Imagine this guys.

The leak is real.

But.

Its not Doom Slayer and Geno. They end up being Mii costumes like the Cacodemon and Mallow.

Instead we get Dovahkiin and Sora.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Imagine this guys.

The leak is real.

But.

Its not Doom Slayer and Geno. They end up being Mii costumes like the Cacodemon and Mallow.

Instead we get Dovahkiin and Sora.
Double plot twist it’s actually Vault Boy and Neku

in my dreams...:cry:

Wonks

Smash Journeyman
Now that the Smash leak is confirmed to be fake...but still possibly real...so no one knows...I can go back to my wildly speculative and unnaturally optimistic scenarios.

Listen, all I'm saying is that Shenmue III releases in little over a week, the original was a groundbreaking/genre-defining game, last year Sega seemed weirdly evasive about bringing I & II HD to Switch, and we still don't know who Smash Bros. Fighter Pack # 5 is.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
So from what I understand, the mii costumes work in that they need specific algorithms for each specific size, making this particularly hard to mod. Is that right?
I'm by no means an expert on modding, but that seems to be my understanding. Not only would the Mii Costume have to be a perfect match with another in the game, but it would also have to rework the entire system to accommodate this change.

TheAJJohnson

Smash Journeyman
Shifting gears...isn't there a leak that said Phoenix Wright would be confirmed tomorrow or something? With no official Smash announcement about any directs, I'm quite skeptical about that.

I know shadow drops are a thing, but they haven't been for reveal trailers this game.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Last edited:

Onua

Smash Journeyman
Well i wonder if the geno/doom stuff means fatal cutie has a bigger chance

makes terry the only character who can have a female alt in the first pack thus meaning the only woman in the pack

Fingers crossed

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Whether or not this leak is real or fake either way I'm impressed with it. Those models look really good.

Not just months. He leaked it before we ever got the Everyone is Here trailer, lmao.
Wasn't Hero supposed to be base game but they held off on it because they were trying to get the music rights worked out?

Now that the Smash leak is confirmed to be fake...but still possibly real...so no one knows...I can go back to my wildly speculative and unnaturally optimistic scenarios.

Listen, all I'm saying is that Shenmue III releases in little over a week, the original was a groundbreaking/genre-defining game, last year Sega seemed weirdly evasive about bringing I & II HD to Switch, and we still don't know who Smash Bros. Fighter Pack # 5 is.
Bruh, Ryo in Smash would be amazing. Final smash is just Captain Falcons but with a Forklift.

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Well i wonder if the geno/doom stuff means fatal cutie has a bigger chance

makes terry the only character who can have a female alt in the first pack thus meaning the only woman in the pack

Fingers crossed
I doubt it, and NOT because I really don't want to spend several MORE pages arguing whether Cutie is ethically sound.
Also there was a missed opportunity to give Hero some female alts.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Shifting gears...isn't there a leak that said Phoenix Wright would be confirmed tomorrow or something? With no official Smash announcement about any directs, I'm quite skeptical about that.

I know shadow drops are a thing, but they haven't been for reveal trailers this game.
Yeah, conflicting on whether it's tomorrow or the sixth.

Not looking hopeful, but oh well! It was fun while it lasted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom