• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Sabi said she will know tonight or tomorrow about this leak.

Imagine if she ends saying "well, my source told me that the leak is real, but only partially, and I can't share more details"

That would be funny.

greenluigiman2

Smash Ace
So many smug people being all "I told you so" when they thought the leak had been debunked based solely on an exchange between two people that don't know any more than we do. Get off your high horse guys. Whether you're #TeamReal, #TeamFake or #TeamNeutral, we're all on the same team.

And it’s Wii Fit Trainer.
Plenty of spirits include playable characers in them. See: Every Game & Watch Spirit. Your examples are bad.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Team America cameos or bust.

Imagine if she ends saying "well, my source told me that the leak is real, but only partially, and I can't share more details"

That would be funny.
The same joke over and over gets old after a while.

kirbsmash

Smash Champion
I'm sorry, really am, but I PEFER NO ALTS than Cutie!Terry. She was just in a dream (Also Moonlight Bless), even then, I don't think she fits Terry.

D

Deleted member

That would be funny.
I feel Sabi's just going to give a no-answer so that they can say no error or mistakes yet.

Mango The Magician

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mango_Magician
So it's been a while since I've posted on this site, a long while, so I'm kinda a nobody here, but I lurk a lot and I wanted to share my two cents about the leak. Personally I'll admit that the quality of the models are good, but that doesn't mean they're official, custom models are actually a pretty common thing in the model scene and I'd argue that if you have the ability to mod Smash bros you'd have the ability to probably create something as basic as the mallow and doom demon hats. Despite the assumed quality (it was shot from a phone off screen after all,) the models themselves are still very basic, and wouldn't require a ton of time for a individual to create in blender or any other modeling program.

Likewise I've got a handful of questions:

-If the point of the "leak" is to show off the hats, why shoot the videos and screenshot offscreen and not use the built in screenshot and video clip function? Why not pause and zoom in on the fighters? Why are both videos in constant motion and not having the characters stand still and possibly turn around?

-Why did the leaker go MIA right after leaking, without saying a single word? What point is there in simply showing off hats and then running off? If you're ballsy enough to leak both a screenshot and video, why not tell us what you know? Or leak something else? Essentially why bait people with a screenshot and a couple of clips and then never come back? All of this just reeks of someone who wanted attention, but didn't have anything else to show or say.

-Creating a mii model for a individual not affiliated with Bandai or Nintendo would be relatively easy, it would be a absolute cake walk for someone actually affiliated with Bandai or Nintendo however, so why would they have made these models for the presumed playable Doom Marine and Geno, several months in advance when they would most likely need as many hands on deck to work on the actual characters? I see no reason to assume that, assuming Doom Marine in FP5 and likely releasing mid January or possibly Feburary, that they would make making a mii costume one of their first prioties. Double ditto to Geno would could be a whole half of a year out. Essentially that's just poor planning and management. You focus on the hard stuff first, bring in more people the further along you get and then focus on easy stuff like this after all the hard work is mostly done, not the other way around. The only way I this being tested now is if these costumes are releasing alongside Terry.

Also here's a Mallow model I found:

https://sketchfab.com/3d-models/mallow-super-mario-rpg-79caf28de0cf44b8b3ff67ec504923b7

Untouch

Smash Master
Looks like he gave up trying to get a high quality model to work and then played off as s joke.

D

Deleted member

Morning you crazy people ...

Gotta say...how is everyone? **** I caused a scare last night...

So I heard there's some evdience pointing for it to be fake, huh...Man, you had no idea about the nightmares I had.

D

Deleted member

Morning you crazy people ...

Gotta say...how is everyone? **** I caused a scare last night...

So I heard there's some evdience pointing for it to be fake, huh...Man, you had no idea about the nightmares I had.
We really have no idea if this is real. Sabi said she would confirm it by tomorrow, but it's also Sabi so be wary.

NotLiquid

Smash Lord
Looks like he gave up trying to get a high quality model to work and then played off as s joke.
I really hate this kind of mentality. The dude proved he could mod in a costume part, and most of everyone agrees that it's not impossible to do but just really, really hard to replicate it the same way that's done in the videos. Whoever made those models, assuming fake, likely spent days on them. This guy had hours.

What's the point of spending time to mod in a model under the pretense that you can "prove" it can be done when that doesn't have any bearing on the leak's veracity? If he does it, that's not going to change anything. The leak could still end up being real, by the time he's done doing it, it could be proven wrong or right either way. There's no real point to try arguing against it because you have one of the world's most desperate fan bases breathing down your neck. Even just watching the video could tell you it was mostly presented as a jest.

But this is the Smash fan base where everything is deadly serious.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I really hate this kind of mentality. The dude proved he could mod in a costume part, and most of everyone agrees that it's not impossible to do but just really, really hard to replicate it the same way that's done in the videos. Whoever made those models, assuming fake, likely spent days on them. This guy had hours.

What's the point of spending time to mod in a model under the pretense that you can "prove" it can be done when that doesn't have any bearing on the leak's veracity? If he does it, that's not going to change anything. The leak could still end up being real, by the time he's done doing it, it could be proven wrong or right either way. There's no real point to try arguing against it because you have one of the world's most desperate fan bases breathing down your neck. Even just watching the video could tell you it was mostly presented as a jest.

But this is the Smash fan base where everything is deadly serious.
Ngl, though, I really did kinda wanna see a good mii costume mod for Ultimate.

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
...and out of this madness, it will be revealed that *insert character who isn’t Geno or Doom Slayer* is the character.

Droodle

Smash Lord
If the leak is real, certain people will be VERY toxic.
If the leak is fake, certain people will be VERY toxic.

Really reminds me of Grinch leak 2.0.

D

Deleted member

Yes, plenty of spirits DO include playable characters in them! Thanks! All the more reason the notion that Spirits Deconfirm is a bunch of bull****!
and how many of those spirits are actually playable?

Wii Fit and Game & Watch: None spirits are called Wii Fit Trainer or Mr. Game & Watch besides the fighter spirits.
Mario Tennis Aces spirits, Meta Ridley and K. Rool's disguises: Can't play as these costumes
Link and Zelda: Canonically different characters

anything I missed, or are none of the spirits actually playable?

Last edited by a moderator:

Droodle

Smash Lord
Whoever wins, Team Neutral loses.
Pretty much. The community becomes unhabitable for a while.

I remember on 4chan when Hero was announced people were antagonizing the Banjo fanbase, and when Banjo got announced people decided to antagonize the Steve fanbase.

It wasn't exclusive to 4chan either.

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
He has done it...

D

Deleted member

Pretty much. The community becomes unhabitable for a while.

I remember on 4chan when Hero was announced people were antagonizing the Banjo fanbase, and when Banjo got announced people decided to antagonize the Steve fanbase.

It wasn't exclusive to 4chan either.
It'll be a hellhole that even I cannot escape. I'd call myself lucky when I joined in the middle of yhe Grinch Leak, now I'm caught up in this.

Sigh...what could possibly go wrong?

Untouch

Smash Master
He has done it...
Same issue with the cube, by porting over something that totally covers the head, you don't have to worry about the scaling issue. The other mallow costume shows what happens when you try and do this but don't have the scaling set right.
The Cacodemon/Mallow Mii costumes aren't like this.

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
He has done it...
Uh oh spaghettio...

D

Deleted member

It'll be a hellhole that even I cannot escape. I'd call myself lucky when I joined in the middle of yhe Grinch Leak, now I'm caught up in this.

Sigh...what could possibly go wrong?
Nothing, because if someone ever tries to do you any harm I’ll be there.

You are a noble person with good motivations and hopes, and you don’t deserve any harm over what you want.

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
Same issue with the cube, by porting over something that totally covers the head, you don't have to worry about the scaling issue. The other mallow costume shows what happens when you try and do this but don't have the scaling set right.
I mean, I am extremely impressed he got Doom Slayer’s helmet considering the short period of time and the ****storm he had to deal with.

NotLiquid

Smash Lord
He has done it...
Wow. Bravo.

Should be emphasized it doesn't prove the leak right or wrong, but well done for pulling through and proving it can be done. We're back to square one with the leak now.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Nothing, because if someone ever tries to do you any harm I’ll be there.

You are a noble person with good motivations and hopes, and you don’t deserve any harm over what you want.
Heh, and I was the one who lambasted the support threads with my despair.

Hype blinds empathy, you know.

Droodle

Smash Lord
Well, at the very least we are making some significant progress in the Smash modding scene, while trying to figure out if a leak is fake or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom