• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Let's play a game to take a break from all this "leak / debunked leak" talk.

Pac-Man arguably represents Namco's arcade legacy more than the entire Pac-Man series itself. In that case, what other Namco arcade game's main character would you like to see playable in Smash?

For me, I'd love to see Valkyrie. A more modern example I'd be fine with is Don-chan.
Probably Dig Dug.

Mappy would be cool, too. Don-chan could be cool; I like his design, and playing as a drum seems funny.

Wait hold up people are genuinely entertaining the idea that Capcom, the most lax high profile company in the world, ended up saying no to Smash stuff this time around? They even allowed Ryu to get in an official flash game for Family Guy but they're suddenly too demanding and stuff falls through? I don't ****ing believe this, I'd sooner expect Sony to suddenly go third party than this
The info came from back in February. I’m pretty sure it was the same person who claimed Banjo and an N64 Classic, IndieGamerChick. An N64 Classic is unlikely to come anytime soon, as we all know, and she seemed off with the Jill stuff she claimed.

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
Not to say the info is correct. But let's pretend this info is 100% true and this did happen

I Imagine the Negotiations could fall on Nintendo's end. Who Knows if it was Capcom that approached first or Nintendo. It could be that for some reason Nintendo decided that Jill wouldn't work as a fighter (or Sakurai) and and the negotiations for her fell through.

Like i said, We don't know if this even happened, but I'm just theory crafting

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
He just said he heard the Jill stuff from back in February; I’m pretty sure that stuff was from IndieGamerChick.
Then why the hell is he talking about it as if even remotely seems legit after that detail. I swear I can just DM him with a fake leak and he'll cover it in less than 12 hours and back it while anyone who thinks it's sketchy will get screamed at

Sysreq

Smash Ace
Then why the hell is he talking about it as if even remotely seems legit after that detail. I swear I can just DM him with a fake leak and he'll cover it in less than 12 hours and back it while anyone who thinks it's sketchy will get screamed at
Did he kick your dog or something? You seem to have this unbridled hatred for the guy.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Did he kick your dog or something? You seem to have this unbridled hatred for the guy.
He shot Sol Badguy, killing him instantly so he could never join Smash.

In all seriousness he's gullible as ****, drags videos out like hell to get ad revenue and clickbaits but people insist he's physically impossible from doing any of that **** and act like I must hold a grudge for lightly criticizing him. Now he's talking about blatant bull**** which clearly isn't worth talking about

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Completely off topic to the discussion at hand, but I saw someone mention Pac-Man a little back and it reminded me of my minor annoyance that Ms Pac Man wasn't an alt skin for PacMan. Is there some reasoning behind this I don't know about? Pac-Mans alts aren't exactly the best and I cant imagine slapping a bow and lipstick on him would have been too hard to do

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Completely off topic to the discussion at hand, but I saw someone mention Pac-Man a little back and it reminded me of my minor annoyance that Ms Pac Man wasn't an alt skin for PacMan. Is there some reasoning behind this I don't know about? Pac-Mans alts aren't exactly the best and I cant imagine slapping a bow and lipstick on him would have been too hard to do
Ms. Pac-Man is going through legal hell so there's no way to include her without a ****ton of hassle

Jomosensual

Smash Champion

In all seriousness he's gullible as ****, drags videos out like hell to get ad revenue and clickbaits but people insist he's physically impossible from doing any of that **** and act like I must hold a grudge for lightly criticizing him. Now he's talking about blatant bull**** which clearly isn't worth talking about
Yeah, I really try my hardest to listen to different places for Smash content because at the end of the day I love to hear about it all but I cant do LAXChris. Feels like he leans way to heavily into whatever leak he last read/covered and jumps to conclusions way to hard, which we really don't need more people doing in a scene that gets as chaotic as this one. Especially not people with the platform he has which can influence others to do the same

EDIT: I'm tired and need to go to bed. For some reason thought all this was about LAXChris

Last edited:

SilentSentinel

Smash Apprentice
Been a crazy couple of days I see. Pretty excited for TGAs or whatever the next reveal event is so this finally FP mystery can be solved.

You could just pm him your light criticism instead of airing it out in this thread constantly. He's on here all the time.

Last edited:

lady_sky skipper

Smash Ace

Pac-Man arguably represents Namco's arcade legacy more than the entire Pac-Man series itself. In that case, what other Namco arcade game's main character would you like to see playable in Smash?

For me, I'd love to see Valkyrie. A more modern example I'd be fine with is Don-chan.
A Time Crisis rep such as Richard or Keith would be pretty cool seeing as Time Crisis is more famous as an arcade game even though it got console ports.

Sysreq

Smash Ace

I think the only reason people resonate with him is because he does it to a lesser degree than other youtubers. My biggest beef with him is how noncommittal he is in his videos. He'll cover a leak, say it means something but "maybe, I don't know for sure if they could be coming to smash". So it's like, well, does your opinion actually amount to anything because you're essentially saying maybe, maybe not to everything.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Been a crazy couple of days I see. Pretty excited for TGAs or whatever the next reveal event is so this finally FP mystery can be solved.

You could just pm him your light criticism instead of airing it out in this thread constantly.
Why would someone who's made a career out of this even listen? Just because his fans act like he can't do it doesn't mean he isn't aware of what he's doing either
Yeah, I really try my hardest to listen to different places for Smash content because at the end of the day I love to hear about it all but I cant do LAXChris. Feels like he leans way to heavily into whatever leak he last read/covered and jumps to conclusions way to hard, which we really don't need more people doing in a scene that gets as chaotic as this one. Especially not people with the platform he has which can influence others to do the same
He might as well be laxchris if Geno's involved tbh. Kinda like how Delzethin always seemed pretty swell but went bat**** whenever Lycanroc got involved

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
When it comes to the inevitable fighter 5 (or at least a character later down the road), I think people sleep too hard on Professor Layton

He's definitely seems like a prime candidate and he's got some deep Nintendo history to boot

Would be surprised if he wasn't at the very least considered
If we where to talk about franchises popular in 2017. That was when Level-5 celebrated the series 10th anniversary.
It was the year they organized a world puzzle solving event for the franchise and released the then upcoming game, Layton's Mystery Journey.

So yeah, it was a pretty major year for the series too. I do feel that we will be getting some Level-5 content sooner or later, whether its a playable character or spirits like Marvelous did, that remains to be seen I guess. I do hope we get the prof eventually though.

Last edited:

lady_sky skipper

Smash Ace
Speaking of Namco reps, I'd love to see Bravoman or Wonder Momo in Smash Ultimate because even though they were in one game each. Namco still liked putting them into Namco All-Star games such as Namco X Capcom and they did both have a short-lived revival with Shiftylook. (In fact I was introduced to Bravoman through the comic/cartoon. :) )

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
All this Capcom Guest talk just keeps reminding me of how my dream characters will never happen..for obvious reasons..
f2ebddfab5901f64bc3ce904200580f3.png

GKMLTTSB

Smash Ace

Taking Bandai-Namco's stuff for all of time into consideration?
Haruka Amami from The iDOLM@STER. Or any of the idols, really.
Then, maybe something from Aikatsu for novelty's sake.

Classic only? I'll second Wonder Momo getting the nod. Or Gilgamesh from Tower of Druaga.

Nquoid

Smash Ace

So interesting thing happened in Papageno's video at 6:53 in the video

Papagenos says that Jill MAY have been negotiated for back in Febuarry. but the Negotiations fell through

He says it comes from a credible source, but the source is not sure if this thing even happened. just something interesting to point out
God this whole video feels sketchy as hell to me. Particularly the part about the leaker who knew about Terry a month before reveal. Considering Terry got spoiled by NoE and Vergeben was the person who revealed the identity of the SNK character, not Sabi. I'm going to call BS on any source these guys have who isn't actually giving them information before reveals, and instead saying of course they knew beforehand.

Nesysli

Smash Apprentice
In y'all opinions, what's the legitimacy of this Sabi person? I mean they got hit with a cease & desist, I'd figured all their sources would be fried and whatever Nintendo employee/ambassador was leaking information would be prosecuted? Seems like now, they would just be a hive for spreading mis-information.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
In y'all opinions, what's the legitimacy of this Sabi person? I mean they got hit with a cease & desist, I'd figured all their sources would be fried and whatever Nintendo employee/ambassador was leaking information would be prosecuted? Seems like now, they would just be a hive for spreading mis-information.
The C&D is likely fake as she showed a pic and it didn't add up, but the people I know say she's legit but ****ing weird

D

Deleted member

The C&D is likely fake as she showed a pic and it didn't add up, but the people I know say she's legit but ****ing weird
So weird. So mind-boggling.

LMAO I never believed she was C&D'd in the first place. She's probably using it as a cover in case Nintendo ninjas go on their regular bounty hunts. It's just save face if you ask me.

Shroob

Sup?
That's the thing.

You don't leak the entirety of the Microsoft, Sony and Bethesda E3s perfectly without knowing 'something' behind the scenes.

But for Nintendo? I legit don't believe anything that she says tbh.

Need I remind everyone, she admitted that the SNK character was Terry on her public alt account but still played dumb on her main for over 36 hours.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Sometimes I wonder if people are actually just looking for something to **** on for no reason.

The thing with Jill in PapaGenos' video is clearly just a minor thing and all he says is that someone (probably IGC, as others have said) talked about how negotiations for her could have fallen through, but he knows nothing about it. No "Capcom is stingy", no "political reasons", no "Jill won't happen". Just a "hey, I heard this in February, no idea what this means".

That said, it's nice to see conversation spinning around so quickly - it actually feels like I'm in a Newcomer Speculation thread for the first time since the SNK leak. My guess is we'll get more leads in the next few days leading up to November.

I’m late to this, but I just want to interject by pointing out that however a denial was given has absolutely no weight on how true it is. I mean, I can type ‘Lol no, I don’t work for a museum.^^’ and it is still an entirely false statement.

I don’t think Dante’s in for the Fighter 5 slot, but I won’t be losing hope until Sakurai says that’s all for DLC. It won’t be the end of the world if he never gets in, because what we already have is astounding, but I will probably die of joy if he does.
That... was my point, actually. I believe Matt Walker's tweet disconfirms Dante for the Pass, as characters were apparently decided around that same timeframe. Post Pass, however? Who knows.

D

Deleted member

*snore* Umm...when specualtion suddenly turns from being a rollercoaster ride to a boring snoozer. I'm calling it right now, there has to be a new leak on my birthday, I can feel it.

Ornl

Smash Ace
If Jill has truly been negotiated (as a Fighter, not as a Mii Costume) for the second pass, it means that there is very little chance that another Capcom rep has been planned in the pass. If the reasons are political, then it could be affect all other Capcom rep.
Yet Hideki Kamiya teased Okami's big comeback.

The reason Jill fell through was, to quote IGC, for "political reasons".

An explanation as perplexing as it is vague.
Maybe because Capcom would develop PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale 2 ?

Last edited:

Pinguino21v

Smash Ace
Geno is coming.
I think at least in the case of Geno if he does become playable, I think the spirit is like a "Safeguard" of some kind. Something put in place in case The Smash DLC did not go over the Fighter Pass

In that case, do you guys think they could have done this for Other Characters already present in the game?
Geno is not more probable than Isaac or Shantae.

If we're talking villains, I'd definitely want Sturm.
That's not a name I would have expected to hear, but that's a welcomed one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom