• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
One of the first posts I made on Smashboards over 5 years ago was in the Maxwell support thread for Smash 4, I posted a move set and declared my support for the character. I had kind of buried any thoughts of Maxwell in smash long ago...

I knew that this “leak” was sketchy as soon as it was first shown off, but it has kind of reignited my want for Maxwell. Still think he’d be a incomparably fun fighter for Smash.

AntagonisticGalaxyCetacea

Smash Journeyman
Is Vegeban a real leaker? :O please answer your thoughts.
There are plenty, plenty of things that Vergeben has gotten wrong, and plenty he's gotten right. After all, he stuck on the Kencineroar train even though so many people opposed it.

People need to understand that not every leaker is 100% credible.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
I am 100000000000% certain there won't be a Smash reveal at the VGAs this year.
The Nintendo bomb shell here will be Zelda BoTW 2
Also that "leak" is straight up ridiculous lmao the first sentence already made me doubt it (on top of the 4chan text post again, how many times do we have to teach you this lesson old man!!)
I'm very hyped for Breath of the Wild 2 but for once I wish that the great bomb shell from Nintendo was something related to Metroid, and I'm not talking about Prime 4 because that game is for 2021 and that's if we're lucky. Or maybe some damn news about Bayonetta 3, haha.

Zelda had his moment the last E3 and at the Game Awards 2017. I think it would be positive for Nintendo to give other franchises opportunities to shine. I mean... they could reveal a BotW 2 trailer with a tweet and people would go crazy anyway.

I think we will see BotW 2 again in the next E3, not before.

About Smash, I still believe fighter 5 will be announced at the Game Awards.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
I'm very hyped for Breath of the Wild 2 but for once I wish that the great bomb shell from Nintendo was something related to Metroid, and I'm not talking about Prime 4 because that game is for 2021 and that's if we're lucky. Or maybe some damn news about Bayonetta 3, haha.

Zelda had his moment the last E3 and at the Game Awards 2017. I think it would be positive for Nintendo to give other franchises opportunities to shine. I mean... they could reveal a BotW 2 trailer with a tweet and people would go crazy anyway.

I think we will see BotW 2 again in the next E3, not before.

About Smash, I still believe fighter 5 will be announced at the Game Awards.
How about a Pikmin installment on Switch... Or a Paper Mario game with OC's... Or literally any neglected Nintendo IP that doesn't have an original Switch game.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
Not really

As far as official heights (which have been retconned in the past) go, Jill is only slightly shorter than Leon, who's slightly shorter than Chris. The differences between all 3 of them are negligible, especially if Jill is wearing her STARS beret. Aside from the example above, there wasn't much of a difference in in-game height in MvC3 or RE5, too (granted, Jill had a weird crouching stance in the former). Smash could pull it off if it wanted. Those two gals aren't Rebecca Chambers short.
Thank you for proving my point that heights don't matter

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
Also PapaGenos on his discord says that the most likely end game is still Ryu Hayabusa and we may see Geno as DLC

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Is Vegeban a real leaker? :O please answer your thoughts.
Yeah, but recently he's been leaking stuff after everyone's already figured it out. Like, Terry was definitely Mr. SNK and everyone knew that but when Verge came out and said it, it locked in stone. It annoys me that he says nothing until everyone already has a pretty good idea of who it is but I guess it doesn't harm his credibility any playing it safe.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Yeah, but recently he's been leaking stuff after everyone's already figured it out. Like, Terry was definitely Mr. SNK and everyone knew that but when Verge came out and said it, it locked in stone. It annoys me that he says nothing until everyone already has a pretty good idea of who it is but I guess it doesn't harm his credibility any playing it safe.
Meanwhile, Sabi accuses another leaker of lying about not being, get this, yet another leaker impersonating said leaker.

Make sense?

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Meanwhile, Sabi accuses another leaker of lying about not being, get this, yet another leaker impersonating said leaker.

Make sense?
Yeah, it'd be one thing if she just owned being wrong or downright said she was like trolling... But this?

This is super weird and kind of out of character for her too.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
What are you talking about?
So. Brew, the Facebook "leaker" who called the Plant the morning before the Direct recently said Hayabusa was DLC5 and that Geno may be in Wave 2. The 4chan Text Post from today was someone who dug up Brew's FB and then used their name and likeness for traction. Brew has confirmed it wasn't him on 4chan. Sabi, who supported the 4chan leak is now saying that he must be lying about not having made the 4chan text.

D

Deleted member

So. Brew, the Facebook "leaker" who called the Plant the morning before the Direct recently said Hayabusa was DLC5 and that Geno may be in Wave 2. The 4chan Text Post from today was someone who dug up Brew's FB and then used their name and likeness for traction. Brew has confirmed it wasn't him on 4chan. Sabi, who supported the 4chan leak is now saying that he must be lying about not having made the 4chan text.
Source? Cause if this is Sabi trying to indirectly say Ryu Hayabusa or any of the characters on that list are indeed the last character in the Fighter Pass, this is the most absurd way of going about things.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Oof. Okay, so. I was messing around doing some inspect-element stuff on the Smash Ultimate website and I somehow ended up with this image... Anyone who thought we weren't getting concrete information out of today, you may want to hold your breath.
:ultpacman:

Last edited:

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
There could be multiple people claiming to be Brew. One of them could be genuine. Maybe Brew was only denying being one of them. Sabi might think Brew is one or more of them and that Brew is denying being any of them.
The brew guy was in the SourceGaming (at least he says it was him, he posted some stuff that makes me believe it is him), and the info he gave there contradicts the info in the 4chan post.
Here's what he said.

• Ryu is coming in 2019 so probably isn't a part of Pass #2.
  • There's 5 more after pass #1 finishes.
  • Geno he believes is a joke due to how he was told, but he doesn't know.
  • Past Ryu/Geno he doesn't know anything else.
  • He believes Doomguy is in, but wasn't told in that case.
  • His source is in the credits of a recent Nintendo game (he said which, but I won't be).
  • He DIDN'T know about Hero or Terry.
I don't think the 4chan post is real and some of what Sabi says is sketchy.

D

Deleted member

I am seriously by all this bs. Seriously, does speculation have to come to a point wherein people start throwing stuff and pointing middle fingers at each other?

What's the point of making fake news as advertisements? If you're aim is to make sure people get disappointed then I don't know what to say to you. They obviously want to be the famewhores corrupting the people's common sense. If any of you actually believe that all that stuff is legit, then I have no words for you.

Onto my take, this means that every single leak mentioned here is still without validity. Not even Vergeben has said anything regarding this topic. This still speculation, mind you, but it should be aware that this isn't a leak everyone must latch onto.

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
Assuming that Brew is the real deal in both tweets, he sure ain't happy about the shenanigans that have unfolded.

D

Deleted member

There could be multiple people claiming to be Brew. One of them could be genuine. Maybe Brew was only denying being one of them. Sabi might think Brew is one or more of them and that Brew is denying being any of them.
Brew is basically a username anyone can just pick up and claim as their own. It's quite a lazy name actually. Anyone can be Brew, as anyone can be Lesley Black Velvet. I highly doubt that this is the real guy we're talking about. Point is, don't jump to conclusions the moment he is mentioned.

RaintheCriminalWhirlwind

Smash Journeyman
Here’s a fun game: if for the next pass you got your most wanted, but the other 4 were your least wanted, and you HAD to buy the full ps ago get your most wanted, would you do it?
My least wanted a are goku, tracer, Fortnite guy and Dixie Kong and I would still take that odd if it meant I got Sackboy
So, I would love to have Tracer, 2B, Shantae and Edelgard in the game. So I will do a little twist on this question and make a list for each character.

To get 2B (By order of still hype to no hype):
Morrigan Aensland
Hayabusa,
Okami
Minecraft Steve.

To get Tracer (By order of still hype to no hype):
Sora (Would still be super hype tho),
Hsien-Ko
Katilina
Claire

To get Shantae (By order of still hype to no hype):
Devil Jin Kazama/Kazuya Mishima
Jill/Leon
Reium
Doomguy

To get Edelgard (By order of still hype to no hype):
Mach Rider
Dixie Kong
Fortnite
Chorus Kids

D

Deleted member

Here’s a fun game: if for the next pass you got your most wanted, but the other 4 were your least wanted, and you HAD to buy the full ps ago get your most wanted, would you do it?
My least wanted a are goku, tracer, Fortnite guy and Dixie Kong and I would still take that odd if it meant I got Sackboy
If I want to get Morrigan, the other would be Geno, Hayabusa, Doomguy, and Minecraft Steve.

At the very least the willy-nilly fanbase gets the characters they want while I get the chararacter I want.

Spongeboob

Smash Ace
A hot dog stand at the end of time and space
Switch FC
SW-5063-7952-1131
I find it funny that there are some people who think we won't get anymore 1st party fighters. It's like saying you won't get more Tekken characters for Tekken 7 DLC. Besides, Unlike third party characters, first parties don't need a stage, spirits, or anything to come with them, especially the ones of which their home series are already represented. (Adeline from Kirby, Sylux from Metroid, Byleth/Edelgard from Fire Emblem, Porky from EarthBound/Mother, etc.) The only exceptions I see are the ones not yet repped (such as Dragalia Lost and Astral Chain).

D

Deleted member

My take on the Brew **** is that it's all fake.
I too have the same sentiment.

To quote the late Miriam Defensor-Santiago, using her quote and modifying it in the context of Smash:
"In any leak site (4chan, Reddit, etc.), out of 100 leaks, 2 are legitimate, 10 are false, and 88 are good for nothing."

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I find it funny that there are some people who think we won't get anymore 1st party fighters. It's like saying you won't get more Tekken characters for Tekken 7 DLC. Besides, Unlike third party characters, first parties don't need a stage, spirits, or anything to come with them, especially the ones of which their home series are already represented. (Adeline from Kirby, Sylux from Metroid, Byleth/Edelgard from Fire Emblem, Porky from EarthBound/Mother, etc.) The only exceptions I see are the ones not yet repped (such as Dragalia Lost and Astral Chain).
First party characters could also be seen as harder sells given that, in your case, they'd come with less content alongside lacking the potential to draw in new fans and add to the mass crossover celebration of gaming that is Smash Bros for Nintendo.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if all of our DLC fighters are 3rd parties. 1st parties have their time to shine in the base roster, and DLC is the best time for third parties since profit sharing is easier.

Last edited:

RaintheCriminalWhirlwind

Smash Journeyman
Oh, boy... People still believe in leaks without any source to back it up? Absolutely bad.
Remember the SNK leak? One you could visit the page of the DLC personally, and you'll see the copyright? THAT is what I consider good.
Can't wait to see the outrage when things turn sour for whoever is responsible.
Every single time we get close to a Smash DLC event, Nintendo did something to **** up the surprise. It's why I'm taking no stock in any leak until Nintendo does it for me.

D

Deleted member

First party characters could also be seen as harder sells given that, in your case, they'd come with less content alongside lacking the potential to draw in new fans and add to the mass crossover celebration of gaming that is Smash Bros.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if all of our DLC fighters are 3rd parties. 1st parties have their time to shine in the base roster, and DLC is the best time for third parties since profit sharing is easier.
An all 3rd-party roster is ABSOLUTELY fine in my book. Helps reel in new fans from the series while introducing established Smash fans to new series. Though out of everything, the only ones I got invested into were Persona and KoF.

Every single time we get close to a Smash DLC event, Nintendo did something to **** up the surprise. It's why I'm taking no stock in any leak until Nintendo does it for me.
Kinda reminds me of a meme back at Reddit. When everyone cannot come up with realistic and convincing leaks, Nintendo just waltzes in and says, "Fine, I'll do it myself."

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Wait so how many rumors are we dealing with now? I can really only follow the iamshifty one.

Brew is basically a username anyone can just pick up and claim as their own. It's quite a lazy name actually. Anyone can be Brew, as anyone can be Lesley Black Velvet. I highly doubt that this is the real guy we're talking about. Point is, don't jump to conclusions the moment he is mentioned.
Remember kids, this is why you need a username like mine.:p

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
If I want to get Morrigan, the other would be Geno, Hayabusa, Doomguy, and Minecraft Steve.

At the very least the willy-nilly fanbase gets the characters they want while I get the chararacter I want.
Didn't you say you were taking a break and only came back to comment on the 4chan leak? It's pretty much dead, so there's not much to talk about anymore.

Seriously, go take care of yourself. If you feel you're in a better headspace that's great, but maybe take more than a day?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Wait so how many rumors are we dealing with now? I can really only follow the iamshifty one.

Remember kids, this is why you need a username like mine.:p
The Shifty leak is fake in my book.

Eh, it'll be fine.

Plank08

Smash Lord
Didn't you say you were taking a break and only came back to comment on the 4chan leak? It's pretty much dead, so there's not much to talk about anymore.

Seriously, go take care of yourself. If you feel you're in a better headspace that's great, but maybe take more than a day?
I think she meant take a break from female discussion dude

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
My four least wanted is probably something like Goku, Steve, Saber, and... Well, let's go for something topical, Jonesy.

And if I could make a deal with Sakurai that meant that those characters never get into Smash in exchange for my most wanted never getting into Smash as well, I'd take it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom