• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
What even is everyone's opinion on Hayabusa?

I was supporting the guy pre-DLC season and now with literally everything talking about him and having him magically get in the spotlight, it seems really weird for him to suddenly be popular.
Never played ninja gaiden, never played dead or alive, and is certainly a character that doesn't appel to me... but the ammount of indie ninja gaidens clones out there and ninja gaiden inspired stuff make me feel that even if its is not important for me, it may be great for a lot of other people... my feels are similar for genos, if he is in, thats good for his fans.

I get Sanger but we get Tracer, Steve, Sans/Frisk, Edelgard?
Definitely not worth it. The characters that we got are good aside from pissplant. And I definitely couldn't trade my boy Terry for anyone.
I have 0 idea who is Sanger (not true, i googled it and know teh series by name, but still...) but ironically I'm all in for your character pass, really hope you get your sanger if it means i get my edelgard/frisk and steve and tracer are 2 series of games i actually find quite charming.
Humor my selfish desire and let's entertain this leak and assume it's real for a second. How would you all feel about these characters being the DLC choices?
I talked above Ryu hayabusa, not my cup of tea, but not the worst either...

Jonesy never played fortnite caus ei'm couldn't care less for a game that demands my attention that much time, but i have been tempted to try it a couple of times... toxic communitty doesn't directly translates into a bad game... and default dance memes are funny. not super into jonesy design, but im assuming it will come with different skins considering how important skins are for that game, and some of them are very pretty...

My only issue is that i would rather have steve honestly.

Claire: is this Artorias leak all over again? still, don't care but i kinda accepted resident evil stupid sales numbers, there is potential for a fun moveset, i actually enjoyed Jiill in MvC2 and the only character i really don't want is Chris redfield...

Maxwell.. another series i don't care.. is still could be a surprise addition, certainly unique moveset but overall, meh... still i already got my mains so i'm not complaining

Chosen Undead: Yes please! <3 extra point if they add different armors as different skins, (what doyou say? armors aren't that important for darksouls? i'm sorry did you know that at this age players actually invade other people's word in oder to fashion police them?

he says as plant was leaked on 4chan
The plant was leaked in 4 chan... just.. noone gave it any attention. because let's be honest... would you have believed a text 4 chan leak saying piranna plant was a fighter?

Also everyone lost their mind at that time for the grinch leak.

that doesn't mean that 99,99% of 4chan leaks arent fake though...

ZaneHitsurugi

Smash Ace
Yeah but you can't tell me that having all 4 of the most popular resident evil protagonists in the game as alts of each other isn't the coolest thing ever
Well, I never said that it wouldn't be cool. I was stating that its unlikely due to the height difference.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
Well, I never said that it wouldn't be cool. I was stating that its unlikely due to the height difference.
Again I don't think it really matters the hero of dragon quest 11 isn't the same height as the one from 3 and 4 although 8 is they can make it work olimar isn't that big pikachu isn't big who cares

IAmGiles

Smash Cadet
Ryu Hayabusa: Aight, guess that's pretty cool. (Plus the Uber violence in Ninja Gaiden is one more weapon to use against those who think Doom Guy is too gory)

Jonesy:. Don't want him, but I've played enough Fortnite to still enjoy him if added

Claire: Anybody from RE is one of my most wanted. Id prefer Leon or Jill, but this is cool too

Scribblenauts: Never played it. Would be fine with it though

Chosen Undead: Anything DS is one of my most wanted so heck yeah

Overall: I'd be so happy with this. Im already ecstatic with K Tool, Ridley, and Banjo. Expanding my top 3 most wanted to my top 5 all getting into this game? Yeeeeeeesssssss Plllleeeeeaaaaasssssseeeeeee

ZaneHitsurugi

Smash Ace
Again I don't think it really matters the hero of dragon quest 11 isn't the same height as the one from 3 and 4 although 8 is they can make it work olimar isn't that big pikachu isn't big who cares
I dunno man. Having Gorrilamode Chris being the same height as Jill/Claire would be pretty weird.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Can we just laugh Sabi into oblivion like we did Hitagi? Pretty please?

How about as a Mii costume? It'll be the perfect companion for the Lloyd and Heihachi costumes when the Prince of All Cosmos is inevitably DLC 5! :dr^_^:
If there isn't already generic knight armor as a Mii Costume then sure why not.

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Can we just laugh Sabi into oblivion like we did Hitagi? Pretty please?
I've stood up a lot for Sabi, but something has just been off since E3 regarding some of her stuff. The whole Nintendo Cease and Desist thing never quite made 100% sense given what else she has commented on since then, and didn't make sense in the moment either.

D

Deleted member

Perhaps the same could be said of Doomguy. Y'all should've went for him back when DLC was being planned and then the rchan leak happened, and now you're all over the place.
I don't think you understood what I was saying when I was talking about Hayabusa being considered a sleeper pick because Doom Slayer was by no means considered a sleeper pick. A lot of people were speculating him for various reasons: Bethesda being supportive with the switch, the Doom ports, the "oh yeah" comment, Sakurai mentioning John Carmack, and Doom's legacy as the Godfather of the FPS genre. There were a lot more stuff going for Doom than there were for Ninja Gaiden, which hasn't seen a new installment in over 5 years and was only briefly mentioned by Sakurai once.

Last edited by a moderator:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
You might be on to something.

Laugh all so-called "leakers" into oblivion.
Let 4chan randos have their day in the limelight, gives us **** to talk about.

However big names like Sabi need to be put to pasture when they keep screwing with us.

I don't think you understood what I was saying when I was talking about Hayabusa being considered a sleeper pick because Doom Slayer was by no means considered a sleeper pick. A lot of people were speculating him for various reasons: Bethesda being supportive with the switch, the Doom ports, the "oh yeah" comment, Sakurai mentioning John Carmack, and Doom's legacy as the Godfather of the FPS genre. There were a lot more stuff going for Doom than there were for Ninja Gaiden, which hasn't seen a new installment in over 5 years and was only briefly mentioned by Sakurai once.
Ninja Gaiden had something big going on too: Simon getting in. Hayabusa's thread really blew up after that.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
i think that the double dragon boys could we Mii costumes that just makes sense to me i don't want that but i can see it happening

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
Wouldn't think too much on this logic. People used this argument against Erdrick leaks when Dai was announced for Jump Force around the same time.
This doesn't make sense. If, according to an argument, the chance of x occuring is 1/3, and x occurs, it doesn't mean the argument was bad.
Wow, Sabi just backing something for ****s and giggles. Wonder why do we take her seriously.
Would you look at that.
Anyone could link to that Facebook post. If it's the same guy who made that post, why wouldn't he make another Facebook post saying he just made a leak on 4chan?
She's not. She admitted to lying to get Vergeben to confirm or deny her fake leak.
So if this second-hand account is accurate, Brew claims PapaGenos found his twitter (what's that mean?) and that he/she leaked Piranha Plant. Where's the link to this twitter post? Where's a post on that twitter account saying he's Brew?

Sabi is a liar, so if it's her alt, it can't be trusted.
A guy saying he's Brew (who we have no proof is anyone we should listen to - see above) made some other "leaks." K

Maxwell is good, but have you tried NEKU?

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
So I'm guessing this leak that was being discussed when I skimmed through 5 or so pages might be fake.... Well, at least leak discussion is fun

AntagonisticGalaxyCetacea

Smash Journeyman
So is this the definite nail in the coffin that Sabi knows jack **** about Smash info? With Terry it seems as if Sabi wasnt 100% confident in info which is why Vergeben got baited into confirming it himself.

People do anything for momentary fame huh. Sad thing is that this'll blow over and people will continue to treat Sabi like some leaker messiah

Sysreq

Smash Ace
Well, was gonna give my two cents but then as I was catching up the "leak" ended up being fake lol

Either way, I've come to think that Ryu Hayabusa is indeed FP5, which, while definitely not my first pick at all, I think he will be a fun character to play for sure.

Playstation Guy 1000

Smash Journeyman
What even is everyone's opinion on Hayabusa?

I was supporting the guy pre-DLC season and now with literally everything talking about him and having him magically get in the spotlight, it seems really weird for him to suddenly be popular.
I would like to see to see him as the last fighter for fighters pass in my opinion.

TindalosKeeper

Smash Apprentice
Oh, boy... People still believe in leaks without any source to back it up? Absolutely bad.
Remember the SNK leak? One you could visit the page of the DLC personally, and you'll see the copyright? THAT is what I consider good.
Can't wait to see the outrage when things turn sour for whoever is responsible.

Plank08

Smash Lord
The cool thing about Fortnite guy is every move could be a different weapon since he has so many, also the leaks probably fake, thank god
Now where’s my Sackboy leak?

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
The cool thing about Fortnite guy is every move could be a different weapon since he has so many, also the leaks probably fake, thank god
Now where’s my Sackboy leak?

But does Sackboy have a cool name like Jonesy?

D

Deleted member

Oh, boy... People still believe in leaks without any source to back it up? Absolutely bad.
Remember the SNK leak? One you could visit the page of the DLC personally, and you'll see the copyright? THAT is what I consider good.
Same

KatKit

Smash Lord
I dunno man. Having Gorrilamode Chris being the same height as Jill/Claire would be pretty weird.
Not really

As far as official heights (which have been retconned in the past) go, Jill is only slightly shorter than Leon, who's slightly shorter than Chris. The differences between all 3 of them are negligible, especially if Jill is wearing her STARS beret. Aside from the example above, there wasn't much of a difference in in-game height in MvC3 or RE5, too (granted, Jill had a weird crouching stance in the former). Smash could pull it off if it wanted. Those two gals aren't Rebecca Chambers short.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
After the Smashified Rayman video, I still find it hard to fully buy into leaks even if there's video evidence. (unless it's thorough)

Even with the SNK listing on Smash Ultimate's DLC page, I thought that it could have been a glitch or error. (with Banjo and Kazooie's leak, I just didn't want to get my hopes up and have them crushed brutally haha)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom