• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
00fa2d24ed13a25295375dda322c5a0d.jpg
I just want jill so I can get that cute hat In the game who would hate this hope we get her 3 look and revelations look as well

cj.

Smash Journeyman
Although I don't really care about character's gender, here is a small list of female characters that I personally would like to see in Smash
-----------
Nakoruru - Samurai Shodown

Metal Slug Characters - Fio, Eri, Marco & Tarma (Marco & Tarma are males but they are essential for Metal Slug Team)

Lara Croft - Tomb Rider

Alis Landale - Phantasy Star

Arle Nadja - Puyo Puyo/Madou Monogatari

Arina - Waku Waku 7

Tesse - Waku Waku 7

Asha - Monster World IV

Last edited:

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Anyone that has played Silent Hill knows that there's a character that would be a female, quadruped, and horror rep wrapped into one.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
For female fighters I'm all in on the Ramen Bomber.

Wouldn't mind a couple others, but she's who I'd die to see. Close second would have to be Curly Brace or something.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
*looks at Avatar*

Are you sure about that, sir?
Isn't Duck Hunt pretty recognizable though? Regardless I'd be very concerned if I somehow unaware of the existence of a character currently in Smash.

Duck Hunt's my avatar because I needed something that fit the rather unfortunate name I made for myself when I was, like, 10 or something and Duck Hunt was one of my favorite Super Smash Bros. characters because dog. I gotta remember to make something at least a little more personalized.

Last edited:

Calamitas

Smash Champion
I'll take it!!
I mean, same, but I'd prefer somehow having her as more of her own newcomer, y'know?

Literally as soon as the Three House leaders were shown in the February direct and as soon as I saw Edelgard's dead stare I knew exactly which house would be receiving the most bias, both from the game and from fans. Though I'm glad Dmitri at least gets a decent amount of attention as well, seen plenty of post timeskip art of him.
Excuse me, but what? Have we even played the same game? Because in the Fire Emblem Three Houses I played
Edelgard gets the shortest route out of all house leaders, which you even have to go out of your way to actually get on, and the route the Black Eagles default to is just a copy-and-paste of the Golden Deer Route where Edelgard herself barely gets any focus. Dimitri gets way more focus from the game, and his route gets the lion's share (no pun intended) of special cutscenes and the like. Intelligent Systems has never been good at handling its female protagonists, and Edelgard is no exception.
And as far as the fandom goes, people also heap near constant praise upon Dimitri, while Edelgard is just plain divise at best, and gets called a fascist by people who have no actual idea what fascism is at worst.

ok but hear me out:

hero part 2

View attachment 241718
I thought anime characters like Super Saiyan God Goku are never gonna make it in.

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
Saw several new pages show up thinking something interesting happened. Looks like besides some stuff about Atelier fueling speculation, all I missed was dumb **** about quotas.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Saw several new pages show up thinking something interesting happened. Looks like besides some stuff about Atelier fueling speculation, all I missed was dumb **** about quotas.
No. That's not what we were talking about. At a surface level, we talked about why a female character should be added, and what characters from this category would be good picks. Overwhelmingly the number one criteria for selection was "do they stand on their own merits". No one was wanting to fill quotas and no one was suggesting tokenism. Especially no more than if we were discussing the addition of a character from a series or genre. The potentially hot topic was discussed very civilly and I would appreciate it if you didn't blow it up at the last second with comments like this.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

ok but hear me out:

hero part 2

View attachment 241718
Okay, I admit it's a good pick but FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, JUST BECAUSE IT'S DRAWN BY SIR TORIYAMA DOESN'T MEAN IT'S ****ING DRAGON BALL REFERENCES ACROSS THE ****ING BOARD.

*ahem* Excuse my outburst. It's just that whenever someone thinks of anime characters in Smash it triggers me within the immediate time period.

D

Deleted member

Hehe did I mention that I'm making a Competitive Mugen game? It's Capcom VS SNK, but I included Jill in it coz why not?

Capcom if you're reading this make another CvS coz SNK's putting their stuff in everything! And if you do, don't limit yourself to fighting games - have Jill or Dante or Monster Hunter join the fun. And please make another Da-NOT GONNA HAPPEN LESLEY WHETHER YOU LIKE OR NOT!

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
I just want them to make a Capcom Versus game without another company for once. Then they can use that to crossover with other companies later.
People have been wanting a Capcom vs Capcom for awhile now who would be on the roster I can see
Dante
Virgil
Neo
Zero
X
Ryu
Ken
Chun li
Morgan
Asura
Phoenix
And that's all I can think of

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I just want them to make a Capcom Versus game without another company for once. Then they can use that to crossover with other companies later.
Everyone's been saying this for years, but evidently, Capcom only sees value in their properties crossing over alone when it's
  1. Monster Hunter Cameos
  2. TEPPEN Card Game
  3. or Street Fighter Costumes

NoBS

Smash Apprentice
This comes off like you don't think there any female characters left that are worthy of being in Smash.
As I already said, I think there are several larger male characters than any female you can add, and most all mascots for game companies are male, that doesn’t mean there are female characters who aren’t worthy.

Dixie Kong is worthy and more, if they wanted to go that route now that we have so many characters, but if they went with whoever, crash for example, then I don’t fault them for skipping whatever random female you’d rather have.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Please remember the thread is used to discuss future fighters, keep the funny images and memes in the Social in General Discussion. Thanks.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
My regards to female characters?

Whatever you like it or not, most 3rd party icons are indeed male, the only iconic and popular 3rd party females left I can think of are Lara Croft and Shantae (Maybe Amy Rose?) imo, anyone else feels like scraping the bottom of the barrel for desperate diversity/quotas.

Now Nintendo females on the other hand?
-Dixie
-Krystal
-Lyn
-Impa
-Akira
-Ribbon Girl
-Byleth
-Edelgard
-Lip
-Elma
-Fiora
-Ashley
-Mona
-Captain Syrup
-Pauline

I agree that Smash should have more girls/women but people are seriously sleeping on the first party chicks if they want more that badly.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

My regards to female characters?

Whatever you like it or not, most 3rd party icons are indeed male, the only iconic and popular 3rd party females left I can think of are Lara Croft and Shantae (Maybe Amy Rose?) imo, anyone else feels like scraping the bottom of the barrel for desperate diversity/quotas.

Now Nintendo females on the other hand?
-Dixie
-Krystal
-Lyn
-Impa
-Akira
-Ribbon Girl
-Byleth
-Edelgard
-Lip
-Elma
-Fiora
-Ashley
-Mona
-Captain Syrup
-Pauline

I agree that Smash should have more girls/women but people are seriously sleeping on the first party chicks if they want more that badly.
It's literally we don't need quotas and stuff like that.

Nquoid

Smash Ace
As I already said, I think there are several larger male characters than any female you can add, and most all mascots for game companies are male, that doesn’t mean there are female characters who aren’t worthy.

Dixie Kong is worthy and more, if they wanted to go that route now that we have so many characters, but if they went with whoever, crash for example, then I don’t fault them for skipping whatever random female you’d rather have.
Jill Valentine and Lara Croft are bigger than Crash and Tracer is probably a more preferable character to Crash if they're going for worldwide popularity.

I don't want a random female character, I still want the big video game icons, but you're working from the premise that we're working through a worthiness checklist. If we were only going for the biggest franchises and mascots we wouldn't have Joker, Banjo or Terry. And the fact that the parameters aren't so clear cut, and the only female 3rd party character is still Bayonetta makes it a little disheartening. We didn't get Kasumi, Ms Pac-Man or female alts for Hero. We're running out of chances for the bare minimum of representation. Is that really such a big ask?

People aren't even asking for the rest of the DLC to be female, they just want one character to show that Nintendo is aware how male dominated this DLC season has been.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I mean, same, but I'd prefer somehow having her as more of her own newcomer, y'know?

Excuse me, but what? Have we even played the same game? Because in the Fire Emblem Three Houses I played
Edelgard gets the shortest route out of all house leaders, which you even have to go out of your way to actually get on, and the route the Black Eagles default to is just a copy-and-paste of the Golden Deer Route where Edelgard herself barely gets any focus. Dimitri gets way more focus from the game, and his route gets the lion's share (no pun intended) of special cutscenes and the like. Intelligent Systems has never been good at handling its female protagonists, and Edelgard is no exception.
And as far as the fandom goes, people also heap near constant praise upon Dimitri, while Edelgard is just plain divise at best, and gets called a fascist by people who have no actual idea what fascism is at worst.

I thought anime characters like Super Saiyan God Goku are never gonna make it in.
Oh no Edelgard is the most prominent of the house leaders regardless of your picked route, she's been headlining in promotional material and she's even getting a Figma when nobody else from the game is

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Oh no Edelgard is the most prominent of the house leaders regardless of your picked route, she's been headlining in promotional material and she's even getting a Figma when nobody else from the game is
Oh, sure, Intelligent Systems will market a pretty face when they have it in the lead of the game. But that doesn't translate to actually treating the character well in-game.

AmphabulouSnake

Smash Journeyman
All I need is KOS-MOS in Smash.
Then I'll be satisfied..........okay maybe not, add Jill and Reimu in there as well.

D

Deleted member

Jill Valentine and Lara Croft are bigger than Crash and Tracer is probably a more preferable character to Crash if they're going for worldwide popularity.

I don't want a random female character, I still want the big video game icons, but you're working from the premise that we're working through a worthiness checklist. If we were only going for the biggest franchises and mascots we wouldn't have Joker, Banjo or Terry. And the fact that the parameters aren't so clear cut, and the only female 3rd party character is still Bayonetta makes it a little disheartening. We didn't get Kasumi, Ms Pac-Man or female alts for Hero. We're running out of chances for the bare minimum of representation. Is that really such a big ask?

People aren't even asking for the rest of the DLC to be female, they just want one character to show that Nintendo is aware how male dominated this DLC season has been.
Woah, is that a hot take of yours? Just askin.

IF I swear the last fighter is male, get your Twitter accounts ready coz we're gonna start trending #FightersPassSoMale if it does.

Nquoid

Smash Ace
Woah, is that a hot take of yours? Just askin.

IF I swear the last fighter is male, get your Twitter accounts ready coz we're gonna start trending #FightersPassSoMale if it does.
Which bit? Saying Resident Evil and Tomb Raider are bigger than Crash? Or that Overwatch is probably more of a priority to Activision Blizzard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom