• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nquoid

Smash Ace
You don't get it man if they add Sora that means that Sakurai will lose all self-control and that's how we get Scrooge McDuck, so...

So........

...This sounds great, actually. Turns out he was our Capcom rep all along. Moon Theme in Smash when.
I will gladly accept Scrooge McDuck as a costume if he came with the Moon theme and the DuckTales theme song.

RoboFist

Smash Journeyman
I agree. I bet they will now include a music track for special costumes like him too
100%, which makes me both very excited and extremely nervous.

On one hand, if we get tossed more out-of-left-field Mii costumes like Goemon, that would be killer. Giving us niche costumes based on fighters who otherwise wouldn't stand a chance of getting into the roster (Lip, Shy Guys, Toad, Viridi, etc) is fun because it at least throws a bone to fans of those characters. It's why Sans was such a huge deal: nobody thought we'd get Undertale representation in Ultimate at all. It's not a complete character, but it's something, which is always better than nothing. Hell, I barely use the Mii Fighters, but even I'm playing a lot of Brawler lately because that Skull Kid outfit looks so damn good.

On the other hand...a character being introduced as a DLC Mii costume no doubt completely deconfirms their chances of joining the roster. The reason why Mystical Ninja fans were stoked for Goemon as a costume was because they've probably never sat down and seriously considered him a contender for Smash. So the costume didn't take anything away; it just added.

And with a game this huge, with a fanbase as rabid and passionate as Ultimate's, that's an impossible balancing act. Which beloved Roster Hopeful is going to be put into the game as a Mii costume next, and how much will that section of the fandom completely melt down because of it?

Actually, that's a fun game: It's the future. We've gotten a bunch of new DLC, including characters, modes, costumes, etc etc etc. Sakurai has finally announced that there is only one batch of DLC left, and he's announcing it soon. You're sitting there on pins and needles, waiting for your #1 Dream Smash Character to be announced...and it's someone else. Your most wanted character is not going to join the Smash Ultimate roster.

But Sakurai announces that said character will be a Mii costume, and it will be as accurate as possible. You're disappointed, sure, I completely get that. Would you ever consider at least buying the costume just to have that option available? Or is it seen as too much of an insulting slap in the face to you and your character that you refuse to acknowledge its existence out of sheer spite?

GO!

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
You don't get it man if they add Sora that means that Sakurai will lose all self-control and that's how we get Scrooge McDuck, so...

So........

...This sounds great, actually. Turns out he was our Capcom rep all along. Moon Theme in Smash when.
Scrooge is on the very short list of non gaming characters I would absolutely love in smash, he just fits.

Calamitas

Smash Champion

So........

Only if he's voiced by David Tennant.
I wonder what his final smash would be, though. . .? Donald at least has his superhero persona in some comics, but Scrooge has no such thing. Maybe a team attack involving his family?

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Sakurai might be worried that doing so would open the floodgates to allow non video game characters in Smash.
Huh? Sora is a video game character, so adding Sora doesn't fundamentally change anything. Even if Disney mandates that say Goofy and Donald be included in some way alongside a the Mickey Mouse key chain for the Key Blade... Does cameo appearances of non video game characters fundamentally impact Sakurai's stance on these things? The non video games are still not playable and the versions of these characters are largely specific to the Kingdom Hearts universe anyway as far as I know. Not to mention, you can represent Sora and Kingdom Hearts pretty well without Disney content at all and I think Sakurai would certainly have some power in negotiation to ensure he got the version of Sora he wanted with how big Smash is at this point.

I also don't really get the idea of the "floodgates" opening to allow non video game characters in Smash. Sakurai and Nintendo control those gates with absolute power, so they can determine exactly how far they want to go with certain things. Even if they did theoretically let in a Goku as a fighter (which they're not going to but I digress), he could literally be the only one they include because they don't have to do anything they don't want to.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I wonder what his final smash would be, though. . .? Donald at least has his superhero persona in some comics, but Scrooge has no such thing. Maybe a team attack involving his family?
If they go with the show, he's an adventurer so perhaps one of the giants or cursed artifacts he's fought could come wreck house. Or Launchpad McQuack and the family come in for a rough landing on their plane!

merchantofsalt

Smash Apprentice
Scrooge's Final Smash is just him raising the rent on his opponent.

ze9

Smash Ace
Scrooge's final smash would have to involve his swimming in coins shtick.

KatKit

Smash Lord
Once again, bringing up the excitement of the Mii costume is a horrible false equivalency given his specific set of circumstances that literally no Echo will even come close to. The success of Sans is specific to that character, much as the success of other additions to Smash would be because of the character that people are interested in and very few of the Echoes even provide the opportunity for recognition, let alone hype. I don't think people will be outraged (I mean, some will because this is still Smash and I do think putting development resources towards Echoes is a more legitimate thing to take issue with), but I do think on the whole people will be more apathetic about their inclusion and they are never going to be able to even achieve a portion of the hype that is critical to post game support that full newcomers will.

I mean, the options you're giving for Echoes reek of padding the roster with mid-effort clones. Kasumi has yet to be proven as a character on her own merit/people are probably not going to be super excited about another Persona 5 character. Street Fighter is already the third party series with arguably the most representation in the game, so I'm sure just padding out the Shoto clones even more will not go over well. 4 Marths? How about 4 Ryus? (and Evil Ryu would be as bad if not worse than Dark Pit I feel like). Zack Fair isn't exactly some beloved icon in his own right either as mostly just an extended FF7 lore type character.

All these characters just serve the purpose of appealing to existing niches and don't really have extended excitement factor. They lose their value substantially when presented on their own without a larger base roster to back them up. They only kind of work if you present with another character... but at that point, why are you throwing additional resources behind a character you know is just kind an addendum as opposed to its own marquee thing? I just don't see Nintendo jumping on the idea of Echoes. Yes, they are inherently cheaper to produce, but they are less profitable (you would have to sell them for less than a full fighter AND they're less attractive to the consumer as glorified alternate costumes), fundamentally cannot achieve any expansion into new universes, more or less have to be B-tier and below characters in terms of popularity and recognition, and don't satisfy much fan demand. I just don't see any reason for them to really bring enough benefit to take any amount of resources away from full characters at this point. They were an elegant solution to a problem exclusive to the base roster, now they would function as inelegant padding given that time, money, and priority are not the problems they were for base game.
You're right, bringing up the excitement of the Mii costume is a false equivalency because full-on playable characters are more hype. I literally named a character with a large fan base (spanning over 20 years) who was in a bunch of spinoffs/crossovers who was also made DLC in her own series that can realistically work as an echo fighter while remaining true to the character. If you think someone like Sakura would not bring in more Capcom fans (or even fans who like her school girl design), you are mistaken. It'd sell. Especially at a discount. Though anything they do at this point will sell. All I'm saying is don't be surprised if it happens; it wouldn't make sense not to do it eventually.

Last edited:

cothero

Smash Lord
Square Enix's characters alone are difficult to negotiate when it comes to rights and stuff, Sakurai did a MIRACLE bringing Cloud and DQ character in Smash, they're very cautious with their own content. Imagine now adding a giant as Disney to that situation. I'm not in position to judge for my lack of knowledge of the matter, but i'm pretty sure it would be a hellish nightmare to bring a character owned by both Square and Disney to Smash. The only thing that helps Sora chances (a little) is the fact that he's one of the most requested third-party characters (if not the most). I don't think it would be advantageous for Nintendo to get into a hurricane of royalties troubles adding a character like Sora, but i don't think it's impossible either.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Square Enix's characters alone are difficult to negotiate when it comes to rights and stuff, Sakurai did a MIRACLE bringing Cloud and DQ character in Smash, they're very cautious with their own content. Imagine now adding a giant as Disney to that situation. I'm not in position to judge for my lack of knowledge of the matter, but i'm pretty sure it would be a hellish nightmare to bring a character owned by both Square and Disney to Smash. The only thing that helps Sora chances (a little) is the fact that he's one of the most requested third-party characters (if not the most). I don't think it would be advantageous for Nintendo to get into a hurricane of royalties troubles adding a character like Sora, but i don't think it's impossible either.
Yeah, I think like you.
I'm not against Sora in fact I like him even if he's not one of my most wanted characters. I've played almost all KH games (I have to finish 3, which for some reasons I'm not enjoying that much if I'm honest) and I was a fan of Kingdom Hearts back then. Now I simply like the series and Sora would be really cool in Smash. I don't think Sakurai sees Disney as a problem even if they're a non videogame company, because Sora is a videogame character, but we don't know if Disney would be open and nice to negotiate or would be very restrictive.

I think Sora has a very decent chance for the next DLCs, but at the same time I don't feel he's the most likely character at least based in my sensations.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I'm with you. While it may be a cult classic, Okami is rightly regarded as one of the best games ever and Ammy has a beautiful art style and is one of Capcom's most recognizable heroines as a result. Maybe she isn't talked about, but I can't see any backlash coming from her inclusion and she'd be a lovely surprise.
I'd agree if her competition wasn't Dante, Phoenix Wright, Arthur, Jill/Leon/Chris/potentially Wesker, Monster Hunter/Palico, Vieutiful Joe, and Morrigan. Amaterasu may be my #1 DLC pick (and I also don't personally care for the other Capcom picks as characters) but I doubt the Earthbound of Capcom's library would win over the industry juggernauts and other fan favorites.

Unless someway, somehow Okami fans outnumber the fans of Devil May Cry, Phoenix Wright, and Resident Evil (and Monsiter Hunter isn't considered). Or unless Sakurai said "Screw it. We're picking Amy".

I'll tell you one thing though: If I'm wrong, then I will cry, I won't be able to focus on school stuff for the rest of the day, and I will not stop speculating about everything this character could bring to the game from the music to the alternate colors.

ze9

Smash Ace
I don't really want Disney to touch Smash with a ten-foot-pole. Sorry, Sora fans.
I have a lot of respect and nostalgia for the classic Disney comics, like the ones of Barks, but Disney as a corporation itself is really too scummy, monopolistic and aggressive for my liking. That South Park episode with Mickey beating the Jonas Brothers is a good representation of what Disney is, imho, and I don't like it one bit. I wouldn't really be a fan of them being associated with a company like Nintendo.
Also I admit I don't really like Sora AT ALL, I think his design is atrocious and I'm sick and tired of swordsmen, but that's secondary. Just... Leave Smash to Nintendo & Friends.

On the topic of the echoes, yeah I'm on the "not happening" camp. They're nice as roster fillers for the base game, and to give a spot to characters who otherwise wouldn't have found it, but DLC are supposed to be a bit more hype, especially given how they've treated all of the reveals so far, and all the unique mechanics and the tons of accompanying content each fighter has come with until now.
Even as a package, I very much doubt I would have bought Lucina/Chrom/Dark Pit/Daisy, probably not even Richter. I'd have bought Dark Samus, but they made her an echo only because of time constraints, and such a thing doesn't really exist for DLC, so I really wouldn't have liked that move.
Semi-clones may be on the table though, but that's a different matter.

Last edited:

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
I don't really want Disney to touch Smash with a ten-foot-pole. Sorry, Sora fans.
I have a lot of respect and nostalgia for the classic Disney comics, like the ones of Barks, but Disney as a corporation itself is really too scummy, monopolistic and aggressive for my liking. That South Park episode with Mickey beating the Jonas Brothers is a good representation of what Disney is, imho, and I don't like it one bit. I wouldn't really be a fan of them being associated with a company like Nintendo.
Also I admit I don't really like Sora AT ALL, I think his design is atrocious and I'm sick and tired of swordsmen, but that's secondary. Just... Leave Smash to Nintendo & Friends.

On the topic of the echoes, yeah I'm on the "not happening" camp. They're nice as roster fillers for the base game, and to give a spot to characters who otherwise wouldn't have found it, but DLC are supposed to be a bit more hype, especially given how they've treated all of the reveals so far, and all the unique mechanics and the tons of accompanying content each fighter has come with until now.
Even as a package, I very much doubt I would have bought Lucina/Chrom/Dark Pit/Daisy, probably not even Richter. I'd have bought Dark Samus, but they made her an echo only because of time constraints, and such a thing doesn't really exist for DLC, so I really wouldn't have liked that move.
Semi-clones may be on the table though, but that's a different matter.
Dark Samus probably would have been an echo regardless of time constraints, it seemed like echo or bust for her

KatKit

Smash Lord
If it's any consolation, if we ever get Akira Howard in the game, the Beast Legion would be a spiritual successor of sorts (it helps that some of the folks behind what would later be known as PlatinumGames worked on Okami). Although I think the Sun Goddess herself would be a great addition. Okami is one of the best games of all time, IMO.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
If it's any consolation, if we ever get Akira Howard in the game, the Beast Legion would be a spritual successor of sorts (it helps that some of the folks behind what would later be known as PlatinumGames worked on Okami). Although I think the Sun Goddess herself would be a great addition. Okami is one of the best games of all time, IMO.
Even though, weirdly enough, Okami bankrupted the studio who created it. Fun true fact.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Dark Samus probably would have been an echo regardless of time constraints, it seemed like echo or bust for her
Honestly I don't think Dark Samus would have ever made it to Smash besides being an echo. Her appearance is a miracle in itself considering the Phazon story is already finished and everyone was rallying behind Ridley as the next Metroid rep. There's the possibility that Dark Samus might get promoted to a unique fighter in future Smash games, but it's great that she put her foot in the door because I truly feel Ultimate was her last shot in getting in the roster.

KatKit

Smash Lord
Even though, weirdly enough, Okami bankrupted the studio who created it. Fun true fact.
Actually, according to Wiki:

While it was initially thought that poor sales of Ōkami and God Hand (another Clover title released in the same time frame) were the cause of the closure of Clover Studio,[23][156] it was later revealed that three key developers within Capcom and Clover Studio, Shinji Mikami (Resident Evil series), Hideki Kamiya (Devil May Cry series), and Inaba, had left the company,[156][157] and the studio was dissolved, such that "now all the resources should be used more effectively and more efficiently since they are centralized."[156] Inaba, Mikami, and Kamiya went on to form the video game development company "Seeds Inc",[158] later merging with a company called "ODD" to become "PlatinumGames".[159]

Last edited:

ze9

Smash Ace
I know, and that's why I don't mind her being an echo at all (also helps that they really nailed her movements, regardless of the echo status).
My point is, selecting some fitting characters and putting them in the game with another character's moveset under crunch time as a free bonus is one thing. Doing that for DLC is another. In part because the crunch time premise is not there anymore so there's no need to compromise, and in part because they're not free anymore but you have to pay for them.
It's just kinda lame. Though they're basically skins, and other games sell those, so what do I know. But, yeah. Kinda lame.

RoboFist

Smash Journeyman
Honestly I don't think Dark Samus would have ever made it to Smash besides being an echo. Her appearance is a miracle in itself considering the Phazon story is already finished and everyone was rallying behind Ridley as the next Metroid rep. There's the possibility that Dark Samus might get promoted to a unique fighter in future Smash games, but it's great that she put her foot in the door because I truly feel Ultimate was her last shot in getting in the roster.
Yeah, I think with the amount of characters we've gotten, it's easy to forget that Lucina, Daisy, Dark Samus, Ken, Richter, Chrom, etc are all only in the roster because they're Echoes. The only other options for those characters would've been to be an alt costume like Alph (which people are still pissed about) or just not be in the game.

I know, and that's why I don't mind her being an echo at all (also helps that they really nailed her movements, regardless of the echo status).
My point is, selecting some fitting characters and putting them in the game with another character's moveset under crunch time as a free bonus is one thing. Doing that for DLC is another. In part because the crunch time premise is not there anymore so there's no need to compromise, and in part because they're not free anymore but you have to pay for them.
It's just kinda lame. Though they're basically skins, and other games sell those, so what do I know. But, yeah. Kinda lame.
What if they released them like other fighting games release costume packs? $6 for three Echoes? Would you be down? Because yeah, the only way they'd be able to sell Echoes as DLC would be to hype it up as a "costume pack but better" and just slash the price. That being said, I genuinely think they would sell because, as someone stated above, Ultimate anything will sell.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
There's a swear in there. Also the replies show an example with clothes with the KH Brand
Thanks for the heads up. I missed it.

The point is that Sora is largely a Disney character. Many think he's an SE rep, and while SE is a factor in his inclusion, it's not the main factor.
I don't know if Sakurai would want to negotiate with a non-video game company.
You mean like Microsoft? Even if the negotiations were mainly between Nintendo, Xbox, and Rare the whole deal probably had to go somewhere in Microsoft.

Same deal with Disney.
Sakurai might be worried that doing so would open the floodgates to allow non video game characters in Smash.
This is probably the worst example of slippery slope fallacy I've ever seen.

cothero

Smash Lord
Huh?... What the hell are you talking about? I'm from 2015 and i can guarantee that Dark Samus is never going to be playable in Smash, her destiny is to be a color swap for Samus forever, deal with that. Also, Ridley and K. Rool fans: it's time to move on. Too bad and TOO BIG for ya. Haha!

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
Its a shame when Dark Samus is made an Echo before Dixie Kong is

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I don't know how many times I've laid this out, but here's the process of getting Sora in Smash as according to HMK from his interview with Disney of Japan VP & General Manager Justin Scarpone:
  • Nintendo approaches Disney for negotiations
    • Nintendo and Disney hash things out. Disney wants to see fan-demand to really get things going
  • After negotiating with Nintendo, Disney goes to Normura and Square Enix for approval.
    • Nintendo could also approach Normura and Square Enix themselves beforehand and approach these first two steps concurrently
  • After getting approval, Sakurai works with Disney to implement Sora
The only real snag here is Disney. Square Enix is already on board as Sakurai and Normura have a solid business relationship, if not friendship, as a result of them working on Cloud in Sm4sh, and Square Enix Brand Manager and Executive Officer Shinji Hashimoto publicly voiced his support for Sora in a now deleted tweet. The fan-demand for Sora is clearly existent, and Kingdom Hearts as a series is more popular than ever as evidenced by KH3 being the best selling game in the series by a wide margin. Disney seems to be doing a lot more with it too, as evidenced by Sora appearing on a D23 gold print poster alongside some of Disney's largest characters, and KH Donald and Goofy showing up in Disney World.

It's not really a "hurricane of royalties trouble" as much as it is a more difficult negotiation. Even then, Nintendo managed to pull out Dragon Quest, which is between four parties (Square Enix, Armor Project, Bird Studio, and Koichi Sugimiya). It's far from impossible, or even unlikely.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
If they did add Sora to Super Smash Bros. I wonder if they'd attempt to sidestep Disney's involvement by only adding SquareEnix content like Twilight Town, Riku, What's their name 13, some Heartless, Final Fantasy characters, and Neku.

I'll be fine with whatever they go with so long as I don't have to worry about having to fight a Cloud commanding 100 Squirtles.

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Its a shame when Dark Samus is made an Echo before Dixie Kong is
But would Dixie Kong as an echo even have worked?

Maybe as an Isabelle-style semi clone, but probably not as an echo given you'd need extra bones and hitboxes for her ponytail.

Last edited:

cothero

Smash Lord

Maybe as an Isabelle-style semi clone, but probably not as an echo given you'd need extra bones and hitboxes for her ponytail.

Kingdom Hearts has more than enough original content to fill Smash without touching anything Disney.
If Sora got eventually added to Smash, they'll have touched Disney already.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend

I dunno about giving her hair extra hurtboxes, but it would need some extra animations if they didn't want to just give it physics and call it a day (they probably don't want to do that. It doesn't usually look good when you do that). Some echo fighters do have quite a bit of unique animation to them so I don't think it'd be out of the realm of possibility. Dixie Kong would have to be altered so she would be an alternate take on Diddy Kong's moveset though.

D

Deleted member

So here's a question for yall

Are there any characters you want in Smash that's from a game you don't like or necessarily enjoy?

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
If they did add Sora to Super Smash Bros. I wonder if they'd attempt to sidestep Disney's involvement by only adding SquareEnix content like Twilight Town, Riku, What's their name 13, some Heartless, Final Fantasy characters, and Neku.

I'll be fine with whatever they go with so long as I don't have to worry about having to fight a Cloud commanding 100 Squirtles.
Kingdom Hearts has more than enough original content to fill Smash without touching anything Disney. Off the top of my head:
  • Riku (KH1, KHCOM, KH2, KH358/2, KHDDD, KH3)
  • Kairi (KH1, KH2, KH3)
  • Aqua (BBS, KH0.2, KH3)
  • Terra (BBS, KH3)
  • Ventus (BBS, KH3)
  • Axel (KHCOM, KH2, KH358/2, KHDDD, KH3)
  • Xion (KH358/2, KH3)
    • Xion Boss (1, 2, 3)
  • Organization 13
  • True Organization 13
  • Literally any Heartless
  • Literally any Nobody
  • Literally any Unversed
  • Literally any Dream Eater
  • Xehanort (Young, Master)
  • Ansem (the Wise)
  • Hayner, Pence, and Olette
  • The 6 Fortellers
  • The Master of Masters
  • Ephemer
  • Skuld
  • Cthirthy
  • Traverse Town
  • Hollow Bastion/Radiant Garden
  • Twilight Town
  • Mysterious Tower (might be cutting it close considering it's Yen Sid's tower)
  • The World That Never Was
  • Keyblade Graveyard
  • Scala ad Caelum
  • End of the World
  • Castle Oblivion
  • Land of Departure
  • Destiny Islands
  • Dive to the Heart
  • The Final World
If Sora got eventually added to Smash, they'll have touched Disney already.
Seriously dude?

This is, by far, the biggest argument of semantics I've seen on this site.

Of course they'd negotiate with Disney, but by "touching Disney" I, and most people here, mean original Disney properties. Kingdom Hearts is joint-owned by Disney and Square Enix, even though Disney has the rights to original KH characters.

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Honestly, I bet Nintendo will keep porting Ultimate and adding more characters honestly.
Wouldn't surprise me.

Looking forward to Smash Ultimate Deluxe on the Super Switch. :p

The roster would get too big if that was the case. Eventually, they are going to need to cut it down.
Why?

I will gladly accept Scrooge McDuck as a costume if he came with the Moon theme and the DuckTales theme song.
I mean...I wouldn't. Because I don't want non-video game stuff in Smash but...if anything was going to get me to...it'd be the Moon theme.

Scrooge is on the very short list of non gaming characters I would absolutely love in smash, he just fits.
IF I was going to accept non gaming characters(which I won't)...for some reason, I'd be okay with Scrooge, TMNT, Batman and Little Nemo...

If Sakurai didn't see Shadow as a Sonic echo
Who says he didn't, and just hasn't made him one yet?

I'd say you'd be pretty much guaranteed NOT to see any Disney cartoon or movie characters. So yes, it'd be pretty much all the KH OC stuff.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

Are there any characters you want in Smash that's from a game you don't like or necessarily enjoy?
I'm a vocal critic of Xenoblade Chronicles 2, but I'd like to see Rex & Pyra in Smash if only because it's more representation for the Xenoblade Chronicles series.

Also XC2 got snubbed hard. It needed to be released when it did to keep first party momentum on the Switch strong, but it didn't get put up for RPG of the Year at The Game Awards, it was released too late to be in the base Smash roster, and too early to viably be in the first pack of DLC.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero

Oh sure.

Battletoads, despite not actually liking their games at all(and I say that as someone that beat the infuriating original back in the day).

Arthur. Ghosts n' Goblins games are also frustratingly difficult. Though they're at least more fun to play than Battletoads.

Captain Toad/Toadette, even though I didn't like Treasure Tracker that much.

Jill Valentine, even though I don't like the entire survival horror genre.

Heihachi(or some other Tekken character). I don't like Tekken(or any 3d fighting game besides Soul Calibur actually).

Also XC2 got snubbed hard. It needed to be released when it did to keep first party momentum on the Switch strong, but it didn't get put up for RPG of the Year at The Game Awards
Also, maybe because it wasn't very good. At least compared to the previous two games.

Last edited:

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
Censor dodging

Minecraft Steve would be an awesome addition to Smash due to a unique design, unique moveset, impact Minecraft has on gaming, and the megaton bomb that would go off in the Smash community if he got announced.

I personally find Minecraft boring as ****

Last edited by a moderator:

KillerCage

Smash Master

I guess Tom Nook?
Keep in mind that I haven't played any of the Animal Crossing games.
They are simulation games which are a genera of games I never liked playing.
Any other characters I want Smash are from games I liked or from games I haven't played, but AM interested in playing like Doom.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

Disney literally owns everything you mentioned except Final Fantasy and TWEWY.

I don't really play online games but I think Tracer would be cool and has earned a spot in Smash.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
As a fan of Metroid, the Prime Trilogy and Dark Samus...And as a big supporter of the character during Smash 4's DLC. And as someone who's pretty much made her a dedicated secondary.

I can say that while being an echo isn't ideal because she has a vast array of abilities that Samus can't even touch, the only real complaint I have regarding Dark Samus in Smash Ultimate is the lack of her theme and her iconic laugh as a taunt or victory screen.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Sora is a Disney rep.

Not a Square rep, DISNEY.

Even Tetsuya Nomura has said Kingdom Hearts is a Disney franchise and all copyrights trace back to Disney with a disclaimer at the bottom typically saying "Developed by Square Enix".

So Sora is in a completely different field from :ultcloud: and :ulthero:.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom