• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

MorbidMiraj

Smash Apprentice
To be fair, while Smash has a habit of giving dying or dead Nintendo franchise's a chance in the spot light, so far Ultimate has more or less been doing to same thing with its third party inclusion, Castlevania, Fatal fury and Banjo Kazzoie might just get the resurgence they need thanks to this, and one could say Dragon quest needed this as well outside of Japan.
I definitely agree with your point. Castlevania and SNK probably got the biggest boosts (tho SNK has had a comeback for a few years now, but it certainly helps). I think I just take more issue with how people are saying that from now on, Smash should focus exclusively on their favorite third party IPs, and anything not already playable from Nintendo's first party offerings should be kept in storage, besides Fire Emblem and Pokemon. It's just bothersome and short-sighted imo.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
One of the battle themes in Mother 3 is straight up the Batman theme music.

That would probably be one of the reasons it was never localized at all.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Y’know, Pikmin is kinda poorly represented imo, but the moves, item and stages are nice. It’s just:

> Olimar and Alph don’t have their voices

> Alph isn’t even an echo, and he could’ve used Rock Pikmin and maybe something different with the Winged Pikmin. The poor lad currently always has his eyes watering in pain unless he takes more pain from someone’s attack so he can close his eyes

> Why the heck do we only have two music tracks from actual areas (three only if you count Garden of Hope also getting a remix along with the original track); don’t get me wrong, the main theme, end of day, and menu music are all very nice, but seriously? The only area music tracks aside from Forest/Garden of Hope are all from Hey! Pikmin (which seems like a nice spinoff tbh (haven’t played it) but c’mon, not even Wistful Wilds...?)

Honestly, it feels like they didn’t put all that much work into the captains themselves, even though they’re just as much a part of the game as the Pikmin are.

Maybe they’ll add Bulborb and remedy all of this.
I agree completely! This fantastic series doesn't get much attention, and unfortunately that also reflects on a lot of Smash fans' perceptions of Pikmin. All six of the series' Captains have distinct voices and personalities, the franchise is brimming with great music (in fact i'm surprised none of the boss battle themes have been used), and there's tons of content to pull from. Hell, Olimar's one of Nintendo's most developed characters, which is way more than can be said for most of Fire Emblem's cast. Furthermore a Louie echo would be so easy to do, I'm surprised Sakurai didn't do this. We got so much stuff in Brawl, but little to nothing in 4 and Ultimate.

MorbidMiraj

Smash Apprentice
(Also, regarding Mother 3 rep. Doesn't Lucas counts as one already?)
Lucas got in, and we got Mother 1 localized in a Star Fox 2 kinda situation. Fans now want Porky in there, and it's possible it'd result in heightened interest in Mother 3 finally getting localized. I'm just guessing, though. Smash brings eyeballs to these IPs, I think is the general point.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

The Batman part is just a few seconds worth as the intro to an otherwise original composition.

EarthBound also took music and used it as parts to some otherwise original compositions.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I definitely agree with your point. Castlevania and SNK probably got the biggest boosts (tho SNK has had a comeback for a few years now, but it certainly helps). I think I just take more issue with how people are saying that from now on, Smash should focus exclusively on their favorite third party IPs, and anything not already playable from Nintendo's first party offerings should be kept in storage, besides Fire Emblem and Pokemon. It's just bothersome and short-sighted imo.
That's a general problem with the speculation. As even when Sakurai has thrown curveballs from time to time, people always tend to link everything to their favorite characters.

Nobody is focusing on the overall characters that we have gotten, they are focusing on specific aspects of them. So now that we got a Sans costume, Geno and Waluigi are suddenly super likely (as in playable characters) since both are being meme'd and popular with the fanbase; now that we have gotten a western IP, all western IPs are super likely; now that we got an IP that Sakurai talked a lot, an specific IP is now super likely. Expect a bucket of cold water to drop to most of the people speculating.

Last edited by a moderator:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787

For the first 3.5 seconds. No more.

D

Deleted member

One thing I'd like to know is that if we had an infinite budge meaning infinite newcomers, who would people here add? Only rule is only 5 new franchises, but those can have as many newcomers as you want
Firstly the ones in bold are new franchises but anyways

First party:
Isaac (Golden Sun) w/Felix echo
Chorus Kids
or Karate Joe (Rhythm Heaven)
Mach Rider (Mach Rider)

Rex/Pyra
Bandanna Dee
Dixie Kong (Echo fighter of Diddy)
Skull Kid
Waluigi
Byleth (W/Female Alt)
Elma
Octolings (Echo fighter of Inklings)
Ninten (Echo of Ness)

Third party:
Phoenix Wright (Ace Attorney)
Sora (Kingdom Hearts)

Geno
Shadow (Echo fighter of Sonic)
Eggman
Ms. Pac-Man (Echo fighter of Pac-Man)
Zero
Monster Hunter
Big Boss (Echo of Snake)
Sephiroth
Jeanne (Echo of Bayonetta)
Nakoruru

StormC

Smash Hero
Crossposting from the general thread:

Drafted up three season passes for fun. Rules I gave myself:

-Only new third party franchises
-Company gets one character per season
-One echo fighter per season
-No Spirits or Assist Trophies

Season 1
Joker (Persona/Sega)
Hero (Dragon-Quest/Square-Enix)
Banjo & Kazooie (Banjo-Kazooie/Microsoft)

Terry Bogard (Fatal Fury/SNK)
Jill Valentine + Leon Kennedy Echo Fighter (Resident Evil/Capcom)

Season 2
Velvet Crowe (Tales/Namco)
Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden/Koei-Tecmo)
Crash Bandicoot (Crash Bandicoot/Activision)

Quote + Curly Brace Echo Fighter (Cave Story/Nicalis)
Phoenix Wright (Ace Attorney/Capcom)

Season 3
Klonoa (Klonoa/Namco)
Sol Badguy (Guilty Gear/Arc System Works)
Sora + Roxas Echo Fighter (Kingdom Hearts/Square-Enix)

Arle Nadje (Puyo Puyo/Sega)
Dante (Devil May Cry/Capcom)

While I think Hayabusa is the most likely character to round out season 1, I wanted to get the most out of Capcom's library so I shuffled him into season 2 as well as get at least one female fighter per season.

Season 3 having three sword users feels a bit much but it was difficult to rearrange it otherwise; I like having three anthropomorphic animal platforming mascots between the passes. E3 reveals are bolded.

Last edited:

RoboFist

Smash Journeyman
Personally, I wish Smash would focus on Nintendo IPs, particularly ones that aren't currently mega popular, because there's still plenty left to mine. And sometimes their inclusion in Smash gives them new life and they become hits. For instance, back in the original Smash 64 days, most people had never heard of Earthbound/Mother. Ness's inclusion made people curious, and now it's well-known franchise, and we finally got the first game brought over. Now people want a Mother 3 rep. If one got in, you bet we'd finally see that game translated, too.

In Melee, we got Marth and Roy. Nobody in the West knew what Fire Emblem was. Because of Smash, we started to get the games brought over here, and now Fire Emblem is a super popular Nintendo IP and has more reps in Smash than even Zelda. Most other Nintendo franchises get 1 -3 reps, max.

In Brawl, we got Pit. Very few people knew of Kid Icarus. People were curious about him, and Sakurai even made a new game himself to celebrate the revival of a dormant IP, and then put multiple playable characters and assist trophies into subsequent games.

In Smash 4, Mega Man came back in his classic form after a really rough period of ups and downs. Since then, we've had a revival in interest and got Mega Man 11, plus a plethora of collections, and possibly more new games coming. Also a new anime series but let's not talk about that.

Just look at how people are reacting to Terry. "What's SNK?". Yikes. Also I'm sure that now Banjo is back, his games may get a re-release of some sort. Maybe even another new game, since interest in him is the highest it's been in years.

Also, Sakurai likes to throw in curveballs like ROB, Wii Fit Trainer, Duck Hunt, Piranha Plant, etc. They were not popular demands. He likely put those in to mix things up and be experimental, while also honoring Nintendo's history. I'm glad he does this because it keeps things from being so predictably trendy.
I think this is super important to remember and has been completely forgotten since Joker was announced.

I'm not a die-hard fighting game fan by any means. Never have been, and I really don't have the insane dexterity to ever want to be. What initially drew me into Smash - and what I'm sure still draws a lot of people into Smash - is the fact that it's this enormous digital celebration of Nintendo. I get excited about each new character reveal because it feels like a new exhibit being added to the Nintendo Museum. When a character gets into the Smash roster, they become immortalized in a sense, you know?

Among the all-stars and icons, we have characters who represent very crucial yet all-but-forgotten times in Nintendo's history (Game & Watch, ROB, Duck Hunt), important partnerships (Banjo-Kazooie, Mega Man, Hero), infamous rivalries (Sonic, Cloud), revivals (Pit, Little Mac), success stories (Marth, Shulk), classics in the making (Inkling), and everything in between. At the end of the day, Smash Bros. is still only Smash Bros. because it's deeply rooted in Nintendo.

It's easy to get excited thinking about Master Chief and Goku and all sorts of pop culture heroes joining the roster. But I think it's important to remember that Ice Climbers, Wii Fit Trainer, and Villager were surprising and exciting additions to the cast because they are overlooked or forgotten Nintendo stars that seemingly came out of nowhere. Remember how insane it was when you first discovered that all of Bowser Jr's alts were the individual Koopalings from Super Mario Bros. 3? Or how cool it is that a franchise like Zelda is so rich that all of the current Zelda reps are from different games in the series? How Sakurai is still dusting off old-timers like Duck Hunt, K. Rool, and Simon Belmont? Or, hell, the fact that Piranha Plant was just given to us because Sakurai thought a memorable mook be fun to play as? The Nintendo well is deep, my friends.

I'm as excited as everyone else for Joker and Cloud and all of the shocking third-party characters joining Smash, but I know that I, personally, would be even more excited if we did get Mach Rider, or Geno, or Paper Mario. Some of you are acting like Nintendo has completely run out of characters, but what about Dixie Kong? She was an icon during the SNES days. What about Tetra or Urbosa, two of the great female leads in two incredibly memorable games? What about King Boo? Or, hell, third-party characters with a rich history with Nintendo, like Leon Kennedy, Shantae, Dr. Robotnik?

Sorry, this rant has gone on way too long haha. I just love how Smash is able to pit characters like the Ice Climbers, ROB, Pit, Meta Knight, Duck Hunt, Lucas, Roy, and Greninja against each other on a Balloon Fight stage, you know? Digging deep and dusting off those B-side and rarity characters is exactly why Smash is so memorable to so many. I think once you slap in someone from a multi-platform money-maker without asking if they fit into the world and style of Smash, it starts to lose a touch of that magic, I guess.

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Jokes aside, assuming all the 16 world of light spots are all used leading to 3 "seasons" (in this case a set of 5 characters/fighters pass), this would be what I would pick.

Season 1
:ultjoker:
:ulthero:
:ultbanjokazooie:
Terry
Ryu Hayubusa

Season 2
Doomguy
Rayman
Heavy
Dante
2B

Season 3
Hat Kid
Jill/Leon/Chris/Claire
Master Chief
Raiden (Metal Gear Rising)
Gordon Freeman

Some of them are very unlikely but I'd love to see them all make it in one day. A bit heavy on gun users but I think each one would bring enough to the table to completely stand out from one another. Steve is an honorable mention but Raiden edged him out ever so slightly.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I dunno. Pretty much every battle them in the game (of which there are a lot of) would need to be licensed. If just one of them asks for too much money the entire project has to be called off (or replaced with something new which is a pretty big gamble considering how good these songs are). Some are based off of classical music which I believe is in the public domain but others are owned by DC and who knows what else. Top it with some really hard to translate dialogue (they're not going to use the fan translation) and potential content issues I could see why this could be an impossible task.
Earthbound and Earthbound Zero are much heavier on the musical references than Mother 3. Mother 3 iirc has more classical music, and stuff from the Adam West Batman show doesn't appear to be that hard to license (they even licensed it to Marvel for Into the Spider-Verse).

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Well if I were to predict characters for the remaining FP5 and potential two passes (not sure how likely it is getting an additional 10 characters but let's work with that for now):
(Also to make things simple I'm just going third parties only)

Fighter's Pass 1
1-:ultjoker:
2-:ulthero:
3-:ultbanjokazooie:
4-Terry Bogard
5-Crash Bandicoot

Fighter's Pass 2
1-Travis Touchdown
2-Lara Croft
3-Bomberman
4-Ryu Hayabusa
5-Doom Slayer

Fighter's Pass 3
1-Rayman
2-Steve
3-Sora
4-Jill Valentine
5-Shovel Knight

SKX31

Smash Master
All right, so my 16 WoL predictions based on how things have looked so far. Using the same rules StormC StormC did. Curveballs might be a thing.

:ultpiranha:
Pass 1:
1. :ultjoker:
2. :ulthero:
3. :ultbanjokazooie:
4. Terry
5. Tracer

Pass 2:

1. Ryu Hayabusa
2. Crash Bandicoot
3. Arle Nadja
4. Lara Croft
5. Steve

Pass 3:

1. Master Chief / Doomguy
2. Jill Valentine
3. [Indie rep, such as Hat Kid or Celeste.]
4. 2B
5. [Total curveball here, such as a MOBA character. LoL's likelier in my eyes if both get a Switch release.]

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I was being more cynical than anything else, but I'll better explain what my concerns are.

I'd say my issues tie more into how people are saying Smash should only focus on third party or recently popular IPs from now on. Are we going to get Fortnite girl, Clash of Clans angry warrior guy, and Call of Duty bro because they're super popular third party gaming IPs? (Probably not because they're Western IPs, but still...) I doubt many people here would like that, but the general audience might be interested. I mean, Sega & All-Stars Racing Transformed had Danica Patrick and Wreck-It-Ralph of all things in there, so who knows what we'd get with a mega popular game like Smash Ultimate that every company wants to be a part of. All those joke rosters featuring Mickey Mouse or Sailor Moon from the Melee/Brawl days may become a reality by the time Smash 7 comes around.

Personally, I wish Smash would focus on Nintendo IPs, particularly ones that aren't currently mega popular, because there's still plenty left to mine. And sometimes their inclusion in Smash gives them new life and they become hits. For instance, back in the original Smash 64 days, most people had never heard of Earthbound/Mother. Ness's inclusion made people curious, and now it's well-known franchise, and we finally got the first game brought over. Now people want a Mother 3 rep. If one got in, you bet we'd finally see that game translated, too.

In Melee, we got Marth and Roy. Nobody in the West knew what Fire Emblem was. Because of Smash, we started to get the games brought over here, and now Fire Emblem is a super popular Nintendo IP and has more reps in Smash than even Zelda. Most other Nintendo franchises get 1 -3 reps, max.

In Brawl, we got Pit. Very few people knew of Kid Icarus. People were curious about him, and Sakurai even made a new game himself to celebrate the revival of a dormant IP, and then put multiple playable characters and assist trophies into subsequent games.

In Smash 4, Mega Man came back in his classic form after a really rough period of ups and downs. Since then, we've had a revival in interest and got Mega Man 11, plus a plethora of collections, and possibly more new games coming. Also a new anime series but let's not talk about that.

Just look at how people are reacting to Terry. "What's SNK?". Yikes. Also I'm sure that now Banjo is back, his games may get a re-release of some sort. Maybe even another new game, since interest in him is the highest it's been in years.

Also, Sakurai likes to throw in curveballs like ROB, Wii Fit Trainer, Duck Hunt, Piranha Plant, etc. They were not popular demands. He likely put those in to mix things up and be experimental, while also honoring Nintendo's history. I'm glad he does this because it keeps things from being so predictably trendy.

So, what I'm trying to say is that people are pushing for the latest Fire Emblem game's protags, or whatever current popular third party game is out there are kind of missing the notion that Smash revives dormant or forgotten IPs, and sometimes makes your current favorite franchise a reality. Why not spread the love and give some other franchises a chance instead of just putting in an 8th Fire Emblem or a 9th Pokemon rep, or try to grab characters from franchises that have no history with Nintendo at all?
I will say I appreciate the attempt at reducto ad absurdum with that first paragraph (even if you didn't intend to use it), though the point falls flat on its face (for one, Fortnite, CoC, and CoD never really broke into Japan so it's not like we'd see them anyways, but that's kind of besides the point) and grossly misrepresents the original argument. The argument isn't that third parties should get in solely because of hype. Clearly they have to have some sort of larger impact on gaming or solid tie to Nintendo (or both). The argument is that third parties could accomplish the same goals as first parties (appealing to existing fans etc.) while also drawing in new fans and convincing prospective buyers. I know you and others might think that margin is small, but this is business. The important part is the potential to do so.

An important distinction you fail to make with your point about Smash reviving characters is that all of those characters were base roster picks (with the exception of Piranha Plant, but he was pretty likely a base roster pick not completed in time based on what we know). Sm4sh's DLC had no revival picks. Instead we got 3 veterans, 3 third parties, and a promotional character. There is no precedent for obscurer first parties in Smash DLC.

Base roster speculation and DLC speculation are two different worlds. First parties make more sense to be added in the base roster given that Smash largely sells based on the franchises in it. People initially buy it largely for franchises like Mario, Legend of Zelda, Pokémon, Fire Emblem, etc. or because it's Smash Bros. The brand speaks for itself. Having won most everyone over, more obscure characters and curveballs can be added and people, already being satisfied, see it as a cool bonus. Though I very much remember Duck Hunt and Piranha Plant being hated, and I know that ROB got a lot of hate at the end of Brawl speculation so some of these obscure characters don't even go over well initially, which is when Nintendo is most paying attention.

With DLC, Nintendo needs to convince buyers to purchase the DLC on top of the base game. That's why they need characters that can generate hype and drive sales. They also have better opportunity to work with third parties and bring in new third parties since the profit split is way easier.

I understand the idealism behind your argument. Smash has the power to near revive series where they were once dead, and that's attractive to fans of any dead series. But looking at it from a pure business standpoint, why would you add an obscure first party when you could add Leon Kennedy or Phoenix Wright and gain so much more from it?

Not to say that first parties aren't without their benefit, or that Nintendo is choosing characters based solely on sales potential (otherwise we would've gotten Steve over Banjo), but there's a real balance between marketability and popularity that exists with DLC characters that most first parties don't hit at all. That's the argument.

You can dislike it or disagree with it, but it has real merits to it that ought to be considered when speculating. Otherwise you're going to end up disappointed.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Crossposting from the general thread:

Drafted up three season passes for fun. Rules I gave myself:

-Only new third party franchises
-Company gets one character per season
-One echo fighter per season
-No Spirits or Assist Trophies

Season 1
Joker (Persona/Sega)
Hero (Dragon-Quest/Square-Enix)

Terry Bogard (Fatal Fury/SNK)
Jill Valentine + Leon Kennedy Echo Fighter (Resident Evil/Capcom)

Season 2
Velvet Crowe (Tales/Namco)
Crash Bandicoot (Crash Bandicoot/Activision)

Quote + Curly Brace Echo Fighter (Cave Story/Nicalis)
Phoenix Wright (Ace Attorney/Capcom)

Season 3
Klonoa (Klonoa/Namco)
Sol Badguy (Guilty Gear/Arc System Works)
Sora + Roxas Echo Fighter (Kingdom Hearts/Square-Enix)

Arle Nadje (Puyo Puyo/Sega)
Dante (Devil May Cry/Capcom)

Tried to restrict myself to only one echo fighter per season pass. While I think Hayabusa is the most likely character to round out season 1, I wanted to get the most out of Capcom's library so I shuffled him into season 2 as well as get at least one female fighter per season.

Season 3 having three sword users feels a bit much but it was difficult to rearrange it otherwise; I like having three anthropomorphic animal platforming mascots between the passes. E3 reveals are bolded.
This'll be fun. I'll use the same rules you used for my draft list while commenting on each season afterwards.

Season 1
Joker (Persona 5/Atlus & Sega)
Hero (Dragon Quest/Square Enix)
Terry (Fatal Fury/SNK)
Zhao Yun + Yukimura Echo (Dynasty Warriors/Samurai Warriors/Koei-Tecmo)

Season 1 has quite the surprises packed in it. While Hero was leaked by a quarter with the Brave datamine and Banjo-Kazooie was speculated hard because of some rivalry between them and Steve, not a lot of people expected to see Joker and Terry in Smash. Zhao Yun (and Yukimura as an echo) would make the surprises 3/2 as a lot of people wouldn't expect to see it happen for a variety of reasons.

Season 2
Nightmare (Soulcalibur/Bandai Namco)
Layton (Professor Layton/Level 5)
Cooking Mama (Cooking Mama/Cooking Mama Ltd.? I don't really know who owns the series now)
Doom Slayer (DOOM/Bethesda)

Season 2 honestly looks like the most stacked Fighter Pass ever. All the characters in it happen to wear different colors, and each of them would play very differently from each other since each game covers a different genre. It's basically the most perfect Fighter Pass for me, and I hope they all are a part of 1 Fighter Pass if none of them are in FP5.

Season 3
Aiai (Super Monkey Ball/Sega)
Francis York Morgan (Deadly Premonition/Rising Star Games)
Sol Badguy (Guilty Gear/ArcSys)
Leon + Claire Echo (Resident Evil/Capcom)
Travis Touchdown (No More Heroes/Marvelous)

Season 3 is the oddest of the bunch. Aside from Leon, Claire, and perhaps Travis, everyone in this Pass looks like the wildest of wildcard choices you'll ever see in Smash. While there is an HD remake of Banana Blitz is coming out in October, Super Monkey Ball hasn't seen relevancy in quite some time when compared to other Sega IPs like Yakuza; while a sequel is set to be released in 2020, Deadly Premonition is a niche cult classic game that's usually considered to be the best worst game ever and would probably clash with Resident Evil in a way; and Guilty Gear is well known in the FGC but hardly anyone from that series is considered a potential pick for Smash to many within Smash's own community. Even though it's the oddest lineup of them all, I'll still get behind seeing this happen since it's just sounds too crazy to be real (like no one will ever predict Francis York Morgan as a possibility in Smash).

Last edited by a moderator:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
So, imma do a big ole write up of Hayabusa since people have been saying "Ah, he's just another Ninja" or "Ugh. Not another sword user". If you feel this way, hear me out, I think I can definitely change your mind and have come up with the way that Sakurai will likely make him so much more unique compared to the rest of the cast.

I'll do my best to make you believe in my current most wanted. (Or tied with Doom Slayer I guess... I can't decide who I want more.)
Fluidity. The most important part of the Modern Ninja Gaiden franchise is its focus on the fluidity of its combat. Being able to seamlessly string combos from weapon to weapon to weapon without breaking a combo. The idea that I think Sakurai will focus on that will capture this idea is by making the character weapon swap by use of the Down Special that will either Quick Swap to the next weapon in the sequence will open a weapon menu around him allowing you to choose a direction on the control stick designated to the weapon. Think Shulk but with multiple weapons of death.

This will be the bread and butter of his playstyle. It will allow him to chain attacks on the fly and cycle through a myriad of moves without slowing down his attacks. Now, for the weapons, and oh god are they awesome.

The Dragon Sword:

Haybusa's most trusted weapon and the Hayabusa Clan's most treasured possession. Only the strongest Ninja will be in charge of protecting and using the Dragon Sword. In terms of Smash this is his go to. Quick but not too quick, strong but not too strong, and super easy to use.

The Eclipse Scythe:

This Big Ass blade on a stick is best used for HUGE but slow sweeping attacks and is best used when you have a group of enemies bunched up and are looking to take them all out as quickly as possible. Most interesting thing about this for Smash though is that, well, we don't have a scythe user.

The Falcon's Talons:

The Falcon's Talons basically turns Hayabusa into a more deadly Wolverine, decking him out with triple blade claws attached to his hands and duel blade claws to both of his feet. He's faster and more unpredictable than ever with these and could serve to be an ample amount of unique moveset potential on their own when paired with Hayabusa in Smash.

The Vigoorian Flail:

Let's think of these as Windmills of Death. Basically imagine Thor spinning his hammer at the beginning of Ragnarok except with a whole lot of slicing instead of blunt force trauma and, well, you got these babies. They're basically little mini scythes linked together with a chain like Nanchaku but are used completely different than both. Keep away and defense is the name of the game here. High percentage? Crank out these babies, let them spin, and it's unlikely anyone in the world of Smash would dare to approach you.

Now this is only a taste of what could be. He also has Nunchaku, a set of Dual Katana known as Dragon's Claw and Tiger's Fang, The Lunar Staff, and Kusari-gama, among others and that's without even mentioning his Throwing Daggers, Incendiary Shurikens, and his Lock-On Bow.

Now that we gotten his weapons outta the way, why don't we move onto costumes because hoo boy he could have some awesome ones.

From his Modern Look to his Classic Look, from his Fiend Look to his Knight Look, and even so much more I haven't even touched on from Dead or Alive or Ninja Gaiden 3, Hayabusa has one of the most substantial wardrobe of any character I've ever seen. They could ALL be included with just a little love.

And just for the sake of it, I'm going to leave my Koei-Tecmo write-up from a while back right here in case anyone was unsure WHY exactly this company needs to be on the list.

So, something I want to bring up.

Koei-Tecmo’s, and specifically Team Ninja’s, relationship with Nintendo is... baffling. Like, there’s a stunning amount of love between the two that I think has gone overlooked. Obviously I’m not going to go as far back as the NES era but I do want to take you to when Nintendo and Koei-Tecmo’s relationship began to take off. And show you how strong it’s been since. To avoid cluttering the thread and making a gigantic *** post though I’m just going to list the games they’ve codeveloped. Just to keep it concise.

Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword (DS - 2008) Exclusive
Fatal Frame IV (Wii - 2008) Exclusive Joint IP
Samurai Warriors 3 (Wii - 2009) Exclusive feat. Nintendo IP [Takamaru Playable + Murasame Castle Mode]
Metroid: Other M (Wii - 2010) Nintendo IP
Dead or Alive: Dimensions (3DS - 2011) Exclusive feat. Nintendo IP Cameo [Ridley & Samus]
Fatal Frame II Remake (Wii - 2012) Exclusive Joint IP
Spirit Camera (3DS - 2012) Exclusive Joint IP
Pokémon Conquest (DS - 2012) Nintendo IP
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor’s Edge (Wii U - 2012) Timed Exclusive
Fatal Frame V (Wii U - 2014) Exclusive Joint IP
Hyrule Warriors / Legends / Definitive Edition (Wii U/3DS/Switch - 2014/2016/2018) Nintendo IP
Fire Emblem Warriors (Switch/3DS - 2017) Nintendo IP
Ultimate Alliance 3 (Switch - 2019) Exclusive/Marvel IP/Nintendo Funded
Fire Emblem Three Houses (Switch - 2019) Nintendo IP

Their work with Nintendo on more IP than I think any other 3rd party studio, Hayabusa’s inarguable Retro and Modern Legacy, the fact that Retro legacy characters like Pac-Man, Mega Man, Dragon Quest’s Erdrick and Solo, and Simon Belmont have been getting in slowly but surely, and the fact that Koei-Tecmo already has their hand in the Smash Bros. Cookie Jar with Fatal Frame... Guys... I think Hayabusa is happening. I think he’s #4. I think if there was ever a hope for him it’s now. I got this gut feeling. I do.
Sure, I know that I missed the ball on him being #4 but I can hope and pray that he's #5. And hopefully this will give you an idea as to why I love this damn character so much.

I know this wasn't a GAME CHANGING WRITE UP but I hope that maybe this helped shed just a tiny light on Hayabusa and why he's not "Just another Ninja/Sword User" and, uh, yeah.

Let's hope that Fighter Pack 5 is the Video Game Ninja himself!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Hell, Olimar's one of Nintendo's most developed characters, which is way more than can be said for most of Fire Emblem's cast.
Honestly I'm just wondering if you've ever so much as touched a Fire Emblem game if you think its characters are devoid of development. That's literally one of the franchise's selling points.

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
So, imma do a big ole write up of Hayabusa since people have been saying "Ah, he's just another Ninja" or "Ugh. Not another sword user". If you feel this way, hear me out, I think I can definitely change your mind and have come up with the way that Sakurai will likely make him so much more unique compared to the rest of the cast.

I'll do my best to make you believe in my current most wanted. (Or tied with Doom Slayer I guess... I can't decide who I want more.)
Fluidity. The most important part of the Modern Ninja Gaiden franchise is its focus on the fluidity of its combat. Being able to seamlessly string combos from weapon to weapon to weapon without breaking a combo. The idea that I think Sakurai will focus on that will capture this idea is by making the character weapon swap by use of the Down Special that will either Quick Swap to the next weapon in the sequence will open a weapon menu around him allowing you to choose a direction on the control stick designated to the weapon. Think Shulk but with multiple weapons of death.

This will be the bread and butter of his playstyle. It will allow him to chain attacks on the fly and cycle through a myriad of moves without slowing down his attacks. Now, for the weapons, and oh god are they awesome.

The Dragon Sword:

Haybusa's most trusted weapon and the Hayabusa Clan's most treasured possession. Only the strongest Ninja will be in charge of protecting and using the Dragon Sword. In terms of Smash this is his go to. Quick but not too quick, strong but not too strong, and super easy to use.

The Eclipse Scythe:

This Big *** blade on a stick is best used for HUGE but slow sweeping attacks and is best used when you have a group of enemies bunched up and are looking to take them all out as quickly as possible. Most interesting thing about this for Smash though is that, well, we don't have a scythe user.

The Falcon's Talons:

The Falcon's Talons basically turns Hayabusa into a more deadly Wolverine, decking him out with triple blade claws attached to his hands and duel blade claws to both of his feet. He's faster and more unpredictable than ever with these and could serve to be an ample amount of unique moveset potential on their own when paired with Hayabusa in Smash.

The Vigoorian Flail:

Let's think of these as Windmills of Death. Basically imagine Thor spinning his hammer at the beginning of Ragnarok except with a whole lot of slicing instead of blunt force trauma and, well, you got these babies. They're basically little mini scythes linked together with a chain like Nanchaku but are used completely different than both. Keep away and defense is the name of the game here. High percentage? Crank out these babies, let them spin, and it's unlikely anyone in the world of Smash would dare to approach you.

Now this is only a taste of what could be. He also has Nunchaku, a set of Dual Katana known as Dragon's Claw and Tiger's Fang, The Lunar Staff, and Kusari-gama, among others and that's without even mentioning his Throwing Daggers, Incendiary Shurikens, and his Lock-On Bow.

Now that we gotten his weapons outta the way, why don't we move onto costumes because hoo boy he could have some awesome ones.

From his Modern Look to his Classic Look, from his Fiend Look to his Knight Look, and even so much more I haven't even touched on from Dead or Alive or Ninja Gaiden 3, Hayabusa has one of the most substantial wardrobe of any character I've ever seen. They could ALL be included with just a little love.

And just for the sake of it, I'm going to leave my Koei-Tecmo write-up from a while back right here in case anyone was unsure WHY exactly this company needs to be on the list.

Sure, I know that I missed the ball on him being #4 but I can hope and pray that he's #5. And hopefully this will give you an idea as to why I love this damn character so much.

I know this wasn't a GAME CHANGING WRITE UP but I hope that maybe this helped shed just a tiny light on Hayabusa and why he's not "Just another Ninja/Sword User" and, uh, yeah.

Let's hope that Fighter Pack 5 is the Video Game Ninja himself!
I know this wasn't a GAME CHANGING WRITE UP
It might not be, but you certainly make some convincing points. I personally feel the relationship between Koei and Nintendo is incredibly powerful, given how they've now trusted them with two of their star IPs (Legend of Zelda and Fire Emblem), which is more than any other company as far as I know. I'd honestly like to explore that more if I had the time.

I do think Ryu is pretty likely now that pretty much all the NES icons have been collected. Ryu is the only really remaining at this point.

merchantofsalt

Smash Apprentice
Hayabusa definitely deserves to be in Smash, and I'm sure Tecmo would be willing to do it. It's just a matter or whether Nintendo/Sakurai thought of it or not I guess.

MorbidMiraj

Smash Apprentice
I think this is super important to remember and has been completely forgotten since Joker was announced.

I'm not a die-hard fighting game fan by any means. Never have been, and I really don't have the insane dexterity to ever want to be. What initially drew me into Smash - and what I'm sure still draws a lot of people into Smash - is the fact that it's this enormous digital celebration of Nintendo. I get excited about each new character reveal because it feels like a new exhibit being added to the Nintendo Museum. When a character gets into the Smash roster, they become immortalized in a sense, you know?

Among the all-stars and icons, we have characters who represent very crucial yet all-but-forgotten times in Nintendo's history (Game & Watch, ROB, Duck Hunt), important partnerships (Banjo-Kazooie, Mega Man, Hero), infamous rivalries (Sonic, Cloud), revivals (Pit, Little Mac), success stories (Marth, Shulk), classics in the making (Inkling), and everything in between. At the end of the day, Smash Bros. is still only Smash Bros. because it's deeply rooted in Nintendo.

It's easy to get excited thinking about Master Chief and Goku and all sorts of pop culture heroes joining the roster. But I think it's important to remember that Ice Climbers, Wii Fit Trainer, and Villager were surprising and exciting additions to the cast because they are overlooked or forgotten Nintendo stars that seemingly came out of nowhere. Remember how insane it was when you first discovered that all of Bowser Jr's alts were the individual Koopalings from Super Mario Bros. 3? Or how cool it is that a franchise like Zelda is so rich that all of the current Zelda reps are from different games in the series? How Sakurai is still dusting off old-timers like Duck Hunt, K. Rool, and Simon Belmont? Or, hell, the fact that Piranha Plant was just given to us because Sakurai thought a memorable mook be fun to play as? The Nintendo well is deep, my friends.

I'm as excited as everyone else for Joker and Cloud and all of the shocking third-party characters joining Smash, but I know that I, personally, would be even more excited if we did get Mach Rider, or Geno, or Paper Mario. Some of you are acting like Nintendo has completely run out of characters, but what about Dixie Kong? She was an icon during the SNES days. What about Tetra or Urbosa, two of the great female leads in two incredibly memorable games? What about King Boo? Or, hell, third-party characters with a rich history with Nintendo, like Leon Kennedy, Shantae, Dr. Robotnik?

Sorry, this rant has gone on way too long haha. I just love how Smash is able to pit characters like the Ice Climbers, ROB, Pit, Meta Knight, Duck Hunt, Lucas, Roy, and Greninja against each other on a Balloon Fight stage, you know? Digging deep and dusting off those B-side and rarity characters is exactly why Smash is so memorable to so many. I think once you slap in someone from a multi-platform money-maker without asking if they fit into the world and style of Smash, it starts to lose a touch of that magic, I guess.
Well said and completely agree. Unexpected, deep cuts from Nintendo's history can become just as beloved if given a spotlight. Smash can also be educational and informative as much as it is fun.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
So here's a list of legacy 3rd party series(to me it's anything before the PS2, Gamecube, and Xbox era) and their first game and year with characters I can think of that has a possibility of being added, whether it's the final fighter's pass character or the additional ones.

Ninja Gaiden
Ninja Gaiden
October 1988
Arcade
Ryu Hayabusa

Puyo Puyo
Puyo Puyo
October 25th, 1991
MSX2
Arle Nadja, Amitie, Andou Ringo

Doom
Doom
December 10th, 1993
MS-DOS
Doom Slayer

Tekken
Tekken
December 9th, 1994
Arcade
Heihachi Mishima, Kazuya Mishima, Jin Kazama

Soul Calibur
Soul Edge
December 1995
Arcade
Heishiro Mitsurugi, Sophita Alexandra, Nightmare

Tales Of
Tales of Phantasia
December 15th, 1995
SNES
Lloyd Irving, Yuri Lowell, Velvet Crowe

Resident Evil
Resident Evil
March 22nd, 1996
PSN
Chris Redfield, Jill Valentine, Leon Kennedy, Nemesis

Crash Bandicoot
Crash Bandicoot
September 9th, 1996
PSN
Crash Bandicoot

Touhou Project
Highly Responsive to Prayer
November 22, 1996
PC-98
Reimu Hakurei, Marisa Kirasame

Dead or Alive
Dead or Alive
November 26th, 1996
Arcade
Kasumi

MorbidMiraj

Smash Apprentice
I will say I appreciate the attempt at reducto ad absurdum with that first paragraph (even if you didn't intend to use it), though the point falls flat on its face (for one, Fortnite, CoC, and CoD never really broke into Japan so it's not like we'd see them anyways, but that's kind of besides the point) and grossly misrepresents the original argument. The argument isn't that third parties should get in solely because of hype. Clearly they have to have some sort of larger impact on gaming or solid tie to Nintendo (or both). The argument is that third parties could accomplish the same goals as first parties (appealing to existing fans etc.) while also drawing in new fans and convincing prospective buyers. I know you and others might think that margin is small, but this is business. The important part is the potential to do so.

An important distinction you fail to make with your point about Smash reviving characters is that all of those characters were base roster picks (with the exception of Piranha Plant, but he was pretty likely a base roster pick not completed in time based on what we know). Sm4sh's DLC had no revival picks. Instead we got 3 veterans, 3 third parties, and a promotional character. There is no precedent for obscurer first parties in Smash DLC.

Base roster speculation and DLC speculation are two different worlds. First parties make more sense to be added in the base roster given that Smash largely sells based on the franchises in it. People initially buy it largely for franchises like Mario, Legend of Zelda, Pokémon, Fire Emblem, etc. or because it's Smash Bros. The brand speaks for itself. Having won most everyone over, more obscure characters and curveballs can be added and people, already being satisfied, see it as a cool bonus. Though I very much remember Duck Hunt and Piranha Plant being hated, and I know that ROB got a lot of hate at the end of Brawl speculation so some of these obscure characters don't even go over well initially, which is when Nintendo is most paying attention.

With DLC, Nintendo needs to convince buyers to purchase the DLC on top of the base game. That's why they need characters that can generate hype and drive sales. They also have better opportunity to work with third parties and bring in new third parties since the profit split is way easier.

I understand the idealism behind your argument. Smash has the power to near revive series where they were once dead, and that's attractive to fans of any dead series. But looking at it from a pure business standpoint, why would you add an obscure first party when you could add Leon Kennedy or Phoenix Wright and gain so much more from it?

Not to say that first parties aren't without their benefit, or that Nintendo is choosing characters based solely on sales potential (otherwise we would've gotten Steve over Banjo), but there's a real balance between marketability and popularity that exists with DLC characters that most first parties don't hit at all. That's the argument.

You can dislike it or disagree with it, but it has real merits to it that ought to be considered when speculating. Otherwise you're going to end up disappointed.
I think Robofist also addressed my views on this pretty well, and worded it better than I did.

And don't worry, I'm sure you'll get Sora as a rep. :p

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289

so what your saying is Sora Confirmed thanks

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I think Robofist also addressed my views on this pretty well, and worded it better than I did.

And don't worry, I'm sure you'll get Sora as a rep. :p
It's really not a matter of getting Sora or not. If you honestly think I'm trashing first parties for the sake of promoting Sora then you don't know me at all.

I guess it comes down to the tonal shift in Smash Bros. as a series and whether or not you agree with it. More and more it seems like Smash Bros. has become less a celebration of just Nintendo and more a celebration of gaming as a whole. I personally welcome it, but I get that there are people who don't. Regardless, you can't deny that there seems to be a real shift.
so what your saying is Sora Confirmed thanks
No. I'm not saying that.

Please don't intentionally misinterpret my argument to call my reasons into question. It doesn't contribute anything to the discussion and only comes across as you attempting to bait. Not a good look if you ask me.

ramon_zer0

Smash Apprentice
If we're still doing the fantasy booking of DLC, I decided to make things a bit more interesting via bingo - wanna see how many we can get rolling with this:

Untitled.jpg

For those who need to attach names to those images (from top left):
  • Sora (Kingdom Hearts)
    [*]Crash Bandicoot
    [*]Amaterasu (Okami)
    [*]Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden)
    [*]Sir Artorias (Dark Souls)
    [*]Scorpion (Mortal Kombat)
    [*]Wonder Red (Wonderful 101)
    [*]Phoenix Wright (Ace Attorney)
    [*]Raiden (Metal Gear)
    [*]Dante (Devil May Cry)
    [*]2B (NieR Automata)
    [*]Byleth (Fire Emblem: Three Houses)
    [*]Sol Badguy (Guilty Gear)
    [*]Travis Touchdown (No More Heroes)
    [*]Officer Howard (Astral Chain)
    [*]Ragna the Bloodedge (BlazBlue)
    [*]Neku Sakuraba (The World Ends With You)
    [*]Cuphead
    [*]Kazuya Mishima (Tekken)
    [*]Rex and Pyra (Xenoblade 2)
    [*]Sephiroth (Final Fantasy VII)
    [*]Nightmare (Soulcalibur)
    [*]Ezio Auditore (Assassin's Creed)
    [*]Leon Kennedy (Resident Evil)
    [*]Yuri Lowell (Tales of Vesperia)

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
It's really not a matter of getting Sora or not. If you honestly think I'm trashing first parties for the sake of promoting Sora then you don't know me at all.

I guess it comes down to the tonal shift in Smash Bros. as a series and whether or not you agree with it. More and more it seems like Smash Bros. has become less a celebration of just Nintendo and more a celebration of gaming as a whole. I personally welcome it, but I get that there are people who don't. Regardless, you can't deny that there seems to be a real shift.

No. I'm not saying that.

Please don't intentionally misinterpret my argument to call my reasons into question. It doesn't contribute anything to the discussion and only comes across as you attempting to bait. Not a good look if you ask me.
it was a joke baiting was never my intention

MorbidMiraj

Smash Apprentice

No. I'm not saying that.

I was speaking generally on here, not directing my concerns solely at you, except for the Sora thing which was just a lighthearted joke. Hence the silly face emote. Relax, man. Not everyone here is fighting with you.

I know that Smash is shifting from its original focus. I am suggesting that I don't think it's something that should be embraced as hard as some people here think. But ultimately it's up to Sakurai, not some people on a message board.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I think there are strong arguments in favor of first party additions, but when people get too sentimental and start using words like "magic" or "soul", it's hard to take them seriously.

Also I'm tired of some fans writing off popular franchises as cheap money makers, but that's just me.

StormC

Smash Hero
I am more lenient towards the expansion of third party franchises now that the overwhelming majority of significant Nintendo characters are in (yes, that's me saying K. Rool and Ridley were among the last holdouts). There are a few characters that feel "missing," especially Dixie Kong, but overall, I feel like Ultimate does a good job covering the bases of Nintendo's history.

That isn't to say I'm against niche or quirky first party picks, I often think they're great. But the reality is 85% of the Smash roster since the beginning has been characters hailing commercially successful and iconic series. I think some people feel like Smash is the only chance to see more obscure characters shine and they see Smash as a sort of charity to those characters. It's good that Smash offers that chance, but those characters are more of an exception to the rule. I want to see Lip in Smash but I understand why she isn't in (I'd lay the blame more at the feet of Nintendo Of America mismanaging the IP, but that's an argument for another day).

Overall, I feel like there is little point in fighting against the tide of third parties. They're here, and people love them. While I hope we continue to get significant first party characters down the road - partially because it's the only opportunity seemingly to play as the fun side characters and villains - I understand the merit of third parties and what Sakurai and the Smash team has accomplished with this incredible crossover. I'll be somewhat disappointed if we only get third party picks as DLC (or first party picks only for the sake of promotion like Corrin), but I can live with it. The game is already amazing as is.

And if you're one of those people who mostly plays Nintendo and don't like or know most of the third party inclusions? As someone who was once in that position, I would suggest taking a risk and trying out one of the series they're from. If you're like me, you'll discover some of your all time favorite games in the process: :ultsnake::ultjoker:

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
it was a joke baiting was never my intention
I was speaking generally on here, not directing my concerns solely at you, except for the Sora thing which was just a lighthearted joke. Hence the silly face emote. Relax, man. Not everyone here is fighting with you.

I know that Smash is shifting from its original focus. I am suggesting that I don't think it's something that should be embraced as hard as some people here think. But ultimately it's up to Sakurai, not some people on a message board.
I apologize for snapping. Online text is bad at carrying tone, and I'm far too used to fighting in speculation threads. My boys Nekoo Nekoo , osby osby , and Flyboy Flyboy can attest to how bad the Square Enix thread got. I still carry some PTSD from those days. That's totally on me though.

At the end of the day all we're doing is arguing over who gets into funny party fighting game, so it doesn't even really matter that much anyways.

Last edited:

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Now for my own take for three seasons!

Fighter's Pass 1:

1.:ultjoker:Joker (ATLUS)
2. :ulthero:Hero (Square Enix)
3. :ultbanjokazooie: Banjo & Kazooie (Microsoft; Rareware)
4. Terry Bogard (SNK)
5. Prince of All Cosmos (Bandai Namco)

Fighter's Pass 2:

1. Crash Bandicoot (Activision)
2. The Last Dragonborn/Dovahkiin (Bethesda Softworks)
3. Quote w/ Curly Brace echo (Nicalis)
4. Gandhi (Firaxis) OR Steve (Microsoft)
Phoenix Wright (Capcom)

Fighter's Pass 3:

1. Chosen Undead (Bandai Namco)
2. Doom Slayer (Bethesda Softworks/iD Software)
3. Reimu Hakurei (Shanghai Alice/ZUN)
4. Dr. Ivo Robotnik/Eggman (SEGA)
5. Geno (Square Enix)

Last edited:

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
I apologize for snapping. Online text is bad at carrying tone, and I'm far too used to fighting in speculation threads. My boys Nekoo Nekoo , osby osby , and Flyboy Flyboy can attest to how bad the Square Enix thread got. I still carry some PTSD from those days. That's totally on me though.

At the end of the day all we're doing is arguing over who gets into funny party fighting game, so it doesn't even really matter that much anyways.
hey i was in that thread I remember the days of the Dragon quest composer is a bad person so they shouldn't put hero in and all that other crap trust me it's good i meant nothing by my comment plus i, for the most part, agree with your statement

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Guess I'll throw in my 3 cents for three more seasons. Assuming we get that many.

Season 1
  • Joker (:ultjoker:)
  • Hero (:ulthero:)
  • Banjo & Kazooie (:ultbanjokazooie:)
  • Terry Bogard
  • Ryu Hayabusa
Season 2
  • Geno
  • Rex & Pyra
  • Steve
  • Sora
  • Phoenix Wright
Season 3
  • Waluigi
  • Lloyd Irving
  • Professor Layton
  • Master Chief
  • Crash Bandicoot
No. The colors do not mean I support Color Theory.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I think steve might share the same fate as sans
Wouldn’t he have appeared with Banjo...?

It’d be better than nothing, but they can’t make a Sans-tier Steve costume without making new animations, and none of the miis’ moves fit him aside from a sword slash (not all of the sword normals)...

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Guess I'll throw in my 3 cents for three more seasons. Assuming we get that many.

Season 1
  • Joker (:ultjoker:)
  • Hero (:ulthero:)
  • Banjo & Kazooie (:ultbanjokazooie:)
  • Terry Bogard
  • Ryu Hayabusa
Season 2
  • Geno
  • Rex & Pyra
  • Steve
  • Sora
  • Phoenix Wright
Season 3
  • Waluigi
  • Lloyd Irving
  • Professor Layton
  • Master Chief
  • Crash Bandicoot
No. The colors do not mean I support Color Theory.
I'd be satisfied with this. Would buy season 2 and 3 for $25 a pop without much hesitation. Geno, Sora, Phoenix Wright, Waluigi, and Crash would all make me pretty happy. Lack of primary female characters would be disappointing though.

There's just one problem...

I would be upset that Master Chief got in because I made a bet that he wouldn't.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
Wouldn’t he have appeared with Banjo...?

It’d be better than nothing, but they can’t make a Sans-tier Steve costume without making new animations, and none of the miis’ moves fit him aside from a sword slash (not all of the sword normals)...
Meh it's just a wild guess

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom