• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoboFist

Smash Journeyman
One thing I'd like to know is that if we had an infinite budge meaning infinite newcomers, who would people here add? Only rule is only 5 new franchises, but those can have as many newcomers as you want
Oooooh, fun. Here's my Dream "Infinite Budget" DLC:

1. Shantae. Somehow, in Ultimate alone, we got Daisy, Simon, and Banjo, three of my most-wanted for ages. To make this perfect, I just need Shantae :sadeyes:

2. The Prince from Katamari Damacy. He would be a blast and you know it.

3. Amaterasu from Okami. I'm actually kind of blown away that she hasn't made it in. I know her game has never really sold all that well, but man, I feel like Sakurai would've had a field day with her moveset. I just want more quadrupedal fighters in this game so badly, guys. Speaking of...

4. Wolf Link/Midna. The fact that Midna, one of Legend of Zelda's greatest characters, is negated to an AT never sat right with me. Promote her to fighter.

5. Tetra from Wind Waker. Zelda needs more reps than just another Link, and as much as I'd love to see Skull Kid, I'd just change Young Link's Final Smash to Fierce Diety for that sweet, sweet Majora's Mask content.

6. Urbosa from Breath of the Wild...No, really, Zelda needs more reps.

7. Sceptile from Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire. I think it's something of a shame that we just kinda skipped over Gen 3 in terms of Smash representation.

8. Geno (I'm counting him as a Mario character, dang it!) Not for me, but for all of my buddies who are on pins and needles during every single damn Smash-related Direct. Just give the doll his due.

9. A Tetromino. No, I'm actually being dead serious. I desperately want to see what Sakurai and his team would do with it.

10. Leon Kennedy, complete with both Racoon City PD and RE4 Jacket costumes. It seems so obvious to have an RE character despite the fact that he would probably have a super boring moveset, but we need RE4 representation in this game somehow...wait...

10.5. The Merchant from RE4. Make it happen, Sakurai! I'll buy it at a high price!

These are just the musings of a pathetic man who's too bored at work and enjoys his vidja games...

I actually really enjoy this question, one that allows us to go completely nuts with a wishlist instead of trying to grasp at clues and arbitrary rules and arguing over what constitutes "iconic" or "deserving". It's a lot more fun and could possibly stir up some interesting ideas/conversations. Thanks for the levity!

Last edited:

RoboFist

Smash Journeyman
Y'all get infinite budget for infinite newcomers from current franchises ans you only pick 10 max? What a restraint
I'm a simple man, man.

Edit: Okay, here's 10 more for an even 20:

11. Paper Mario. Again, shocked that this hasn't happened yet, especially with the moveset potential.

12. King Boo. We have Bowser, so give Luigi his franchise's big bad. A big ol' ghost could be super fun to play as.

13. Dixie Kong. The Rare family really doesn't feel complete without one of the SNES's greatest heroines.

14. Chun-Li or Cammy, I'll take either to go with Ryu and Ken.

15. Lyn from Fire Emblem, aka Best Girl Without Exception.

16. Tron Bonne from Mega Man Legends. She kicked ass in Marvel vs Capcom so it stands to reason she'd do the same in Smash.

17. Ms. Pac-Man Why hasn't this happened yet it's so obvious.

18. Metal Sonic. Everyone wants Shadow. They're wrong.

19. Dr. Robotnik/Eggman, preferably in his little floating egg car thing with the ball and chain and whatnot.

20. A three-in-one Pokemon Trainer-Style Young Link with Deku Link, Goron Link, and Zora Link
because that would be the best damn character in the entire damn game.

Last edited:

SKX31

Smash Master
One thing I'd like to know is that if we had an infinite budge meaning infinite newcomers, who would people here add? Only rule is only 5 new franchises, but those can have as many newcomers as you want
Are said franchises also allowed as ATs? Because hoo boy, Dota 2 would have tons of insane(ly fun) ATs. Think "Getting sucked into a black hole for 4 seconds straight while Duke Nukem's voice taunts you." tier (It's really obvious without the filter).

Other than that, I'd choose:

* ARMS, just to see how far you could push those characters and their respective abilities.
* Style Savvy, for similar reasons. How many mechanics and gimmicks could you push? Lets find out! While looking absolutely fabolous!
* Chibi-Robo. Dunno if you could make infinite newcomers out of this one, but why not?
* *Looks at the Spirit list* Famicom Mukashibanashi. It's the series Goku and Chao (the spirit) is from. Because now Goku can fight! Together with his friends!
* *Tempted to put the GBA Napoleon game in here too, but naah...* Instead, lets go with the Entire Warriors franchise. Dynasty, Hyrule, Fire Emblem Warriors. Wait, why is the character select screen flooded?

(Edit: I regret nothing!)

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Oh geez, if people think we have too many Pokémon and Fire Emblem characters now...

Pinguino21v

Smash Ace
I will only keep it at 5 characters, since it would be a nonsense to add every NPC of these games. With only my own wants in mind, that would be:
  1. Isaac: I want him since ages, and he got shafted again. He is my lone and only "must have". You can add only stuff I dislike aside if Isaac gets in.
  2. Phoenix Wright: I find it weird he doesn't have even a spirit... Hopefully he have a good chance.
  3. Elma: I want her more than Rex. Elma is a strong woman, with dual wielding guns and swords, making her a strong contender for an interesting moveset. And for XCX music totally absent of the base game.
  4. Shantae: I'm not counting on her, because of the lack of renown in Japan, but she would be another woman with an interesting moveset and great music.
  5. Sora
Aside them, there's a few others I would welcome with wide arms, without pushing them especially, like an Advance Wars rep, Steve, Paper Mario, Waluigi, Rayman or, because I think of him in my previous post, Thrall.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I'm limiting myself to 16 for that sweet sweet 101 characters
  • Rex & Pyra
  • Elma
  • Waluigi
  • Geno (I'm counting him as Mario)
  • Bandana Dee
  • Dixie and Kiddy Kong (with a tag team mechanic like Diddy's OG moveset)
  • Edelgard
  • Shadow
  • Terra Branford (FF6)
  • Yu Narukami
  • Chun-Li
  • Sora
  • Crash
  • Master Chief
  • Lloyd Irving
  • Phoenix Wright

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Smash Fans - "We have too many FE and Pokemon characters"
Me - Edelgard, Dimitri, Takumi, Celica, Alm, Black Knight and Nephenee
Alvis and Julia and Seliph and Seth.

Brigand Boss, Slayde, Duma, Gangrel, Minerva, Ryoma, Bernie, Dorothea and Petra.
3-13 Archer, Seteth, Jeralt and Haar.
Claude, Nemesis, Hardin, Sigurd and Lute.

The joke would be better if the image uploader wasn't ****

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
New Franchises:

Steve and the creeper from Minecraft.

Crash Bandicoot.

Doomguy.

Frisk, Sans & Papyrus from Undertale.

Conker.

:ultmario:: Toad, Geno, Mallow, Boshi, Waluigi, King Boo, Goomba

:ultlink:: Skull Kid, Midna, Tingle, Impa, Ezlo, Classic Ganon

:ultpikachu:: Gengar, Gardevoir, Meowth/Team Rocket (Jessie & James), Raichu, Mimikyu, Chandelure, Wurmple

:ultkirby:: Adeleine, Gooey, Dark Matter, Marx, Bandana Dee

:ultyoshi:: Poochy, Kamek

:ultwario:: Ashley, Mona

:ultdk:: Dixie Kong, Cranky Kong

:ultolimar:: Alph (separate), Louie, Bulborb, Plasm Wraith

:ultness:: Ninten, Porky Minch

:ultvillager:: Tom Nook

:ultsonic:: Tails, Knuckles, Shadow, Dr. Eggman

:ultinkling:: Octoling

:ultbanjokazooie:: Gruntilda Winkybunion

:ulthero:: Slime

:ultcloud:: Black Mage

:ultmegaman:: Wood Man >:]

:ultpacman:: Ms. Pac-Man, the ghosts

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Except Doomguy (and the Doom franchise itself) is far more recognizable than any of those franchises.
The franchise maybe. But I didn't actually know what Doomguy even looked like until the 2016 game. Stupid first person perspective...

Who's Commander Keen ? First time hearing of this guy. The fact that I need to ask who's this guy is speak loudly whereas Doomguy doesn't need to present himself because his game Doom created the terms DOOMLIKE. Doomguy is that influenceable.
Check out Mr. Doomguy Expert over here that doesn't know Commander Keen is Doomguy's father...

AmphabulouSnake

Smash Journeyman
Here's my list if infinite dlc budget after the last FP character (assuming it's Doom Slayer) :
EDIT : Bruh I didn't see it was limited to only five new franchises :'( still gonna put my entire list tho
3rd parties :
  1. Ryu Hayabusa
  2. Professor Layton
  3. KOS-MOS (or Agumon)
  4. Geno
  5. Leon S. Kennedy (or Pheonix Wright)
  6. Rayman
  7. Reimu
  8. Travis Touchdown
  9. Crash Bandicoot (or Spyro)
Nintendo :
  1. Bandana Dee
  2. Min Min
  3. Akira Howard (Astral Chain)
  4. Gen 8 pokemon or someone else I dunno
  5. Rex and Pyra/Mythra
Echos :
  1. Octolings
  2. Dixie Kong
  3. Medusa
  4. Blood Falcon/Black Shadow or Ninten
Total : 18 additionnal DLC, for a grand total of 100 fighters in Smash (counting all Echos, not alts)
If I had to choose only five new franchises, it'd be Professor Layton, Astral Chain, Ninja Gaiden, Xenosaga and Resident Evil

Last edited:

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
New:

Katamari Damacy: The Prince of All Cosmos
The Elder Scrolls: The Last Dragonborn, The Grand Champion/Sheogorath, The Nerevarine
Crash Bandicoot: Crash, Coco, Cortex
Cave Story: Quote, Curly Brace
Civilization: Gandhi, Pachacuti

Current:

Pokemon: Infernape, Drifblim, Gothitelle, Kiawe (Turtonator, Charizard, Alolan Marowak), Lana (Primarina, Dewpider), Mallow (Tsareena, Shaymin), Sophocles (Vikavolt, Togedemaru), Faba (Bruxish, Alakazam, Hypno).
Pikmin: Louie (with Brittany alt), Captain Charlie
Sonic the Hedgehog: Eggman, Tails, The Chaotix, Amy.
Donkey Kong: Dixie, Cranky, Funky
Zelda: Ruto, Skull Kid, any BoTW rep.
Kirby: Bandana Dee, Adaline

Smash Fans - "We have too many FE and Pokemon characters"
Me - Edelgard, Dimitri, Takumi, Celica, Alm, Black Knight and Nephenee
Alvis and Julia and Seliph and Seth.

Brigand Boss, Slayde, Duma, Gangrel, Minerva, Ryoma, Bernie, Dorothea and Petra.
3-13 Archer, Seteth, Jeralt and Haar.
Claude, Nemesis, Hardin, Sigurd and Lute.

The joke would be better if the image uploader wasn't ****
I am greatly ashamed.

Last edited:

IceKitsune

Smash Apprentice
The franchise maybe. But I didn't actually know what Doomguy even looked like until the 2016 game. Stupid first person perspective...

Check out Mr. Doomguy Expert over here that doesn't know Commander Keen is Doomguy's father...
And the grandson of William "B.J." Blazkowicz.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
For the new franchises I’d add:

Rayman & Globox
Sora & Roxas
Doomguy
Steve
Jill Valentine & Leon Kennedy

All the others I’d add:

Impa & Skull Kid
Dixie Kong & Cranky Kong & Funky Kong
Bandanna Dee
Medusa
Ashley
Byleth & Tiki & Anna
Waluigi & Geno & Paper Mario
Meowth & Chandelure
Sakurai’s cat

Then I’d be good.

cothero

Smash Lord
I used to like Blocked Content, but it has slowly reached LaxChris's garbage level of speculative mediocrity.

Jesus ****ing Christ, look at the comments section. Not a single **** used his brain and questioned himself if that print could be made up or not. There's not even a link to the original post. Anyone can do that. No wonder why Smash players are treated like a bunch of babies by other communities, they're just that naive.

Last edited:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Oooooh, fun. Here's my Dream "Infinite Budget" DLC:

1. Shantae. Somehow, in Ultimate alone, we got Daisy, Simon, and Banjo, three of my most-wanted for ages. To make this perfect, I just need Shantae :sadeyes:

2. The Prince from Katamari Damacy. He would be a blast and you know it.

3. Amaterasu from Okami. I'm actually kind of blown away that she hasn't made it in. I know her game has never really sold all that well, but man, I feel like Sakurai would've had a field day with her moveset. I just want more quadrupedal fighters in this game so badly, guys. Speaking of...

4. Wolf Link/Midna. The fact that Midna, one of Legend of Zelda's greatest characters, is negated to an AT never sat right with me. Promote her to fighter.

5. Tetra from Wind Waker. Zelda needs more reps than just another Link, and as much as I'd love to see Skull Kid, I'd just change Young Link's Final Smash to Fierce Diety for that sweet, sweet Majora's Mask content.

6. Urbosa from Breath of the Wild...No, really, Zelda needs more reps.

7. Sceptile from Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire. I think it's something of a shame that we just kinda skipped over Gen 3 in terms of Smash representation.

8. Geno (I'm counting him as a Mario character, dang it!) Not for me, but for all of my buddies who are on pins and needles during every single damn Smash-related Direct. Just give the doll his due.

9. A Tetromino. No, I'm actually being dead serious. I desperately want to see what Sakurai and his team would do with it.

10. Leon Kennedy, complete with both Racoon City PD and RE4 Jacket costumes. It seems so obvious to have an RE character despite the fact that he would probably have a super boring moveset, but we need RE4 representation in this game somehow...wait...

10.5. The Merchant from RE4. Make it happen, Sakurai! I'll buy it at a high price!

These are just the musings of a pathetic man who's too bored at work and enjoys his vidja games...

I actually really enjoy this question, one that allows us to go completely nuts with a wishlist instead of trying to grasp at clues and arbitrary rules and arguing over what constitutes "iconic" or "deserving". It's a lot more fun and could possibly stir up some interesting ideas/conversations. Thanks for the levity!
Oh damn this will take awhile. Gimme 10 minutes or so

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Mario - Captain Toad/Toadette, Waluigi, Geno
Donkey Kong - Dixie Kong(Diddy echo)
Zelda - Impa(Shiek Echo), New Gandondorf completely decloned from Captain Falcon
Kirby - Bandana Waddle Dee, Galacta Knight(Meta Knight echo)
Metroid - Mother Brain(boss)
Star Fox - Andross(boss)
Pokemon - Remove Trainer, add Charizard, Blastoise, Venusaur. Arceus(Boss)
F-Zero - Black Shadow(Captain Falcon echo)
Earthbound - Ninten(Ness echo), Porky(Boss)
Fire Emblem - Black Knight(Ike echo), Dark Dragon Medeus(Boss)
Kid Icarus - Medusa(Boss)
Punch-Out - King Hippo
Splatoon - Octolings(Inklings echo)
Metal Gear - Raiden, Liquid Snake piloting Metal Gear Rex(Boss)
Sonic the Hedgehog - Shadow(Sonic echo), Dr. Eggman piloting Death Egg Robot(Boss)
Mega Man - Zero, Bass(Mega Man echo), Dr. Wily piloting Wily Machine(Boss)
Street Fighter - Chun Li, M. Bison
Final Fantasy - FF1 Knight/Ninja Mii Swordfighter costumes, FF1 Monk Mii Brawler costume, FF1 Black Mage/White Mage/Red Mage Mii Mage costumes(also, have to add Mii Mages), Safer Sephiroth(Boss)
Castlevania - Alucard
Monster Hunter - Monster Hunter
Dragon Quest - 1/2/5/6 Hero alts, Estark(Boss)
Fatal Fury - Geese
Ninja Gaiden - Ryu Hayabusa, Ayane
Ghosts 'N Goblins - Arthur, Firebrand, Astaroth(Boss)
Contra - Bill Rizer/Lance Bean
River City Ransom - Kunio/Riki
Metal Slug - SV-001 Metal Slug(driven by Marco, Tarma, Eri or Fio)

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Anyway here's my dummy wishlist
:ultbayonetta: Jeanne, Rodin, Masked Lumen
:ultcloud:Tifa, Barret, Sephiroth, Terra, Kefka, Gilgamesh, Exdeath, Cecil Harvey
:ultdk:Dixie, Cranky
:ultkirby:Bandana Dee, Dark Meta Knight, Daroach, Galacta Knight, Susie
:ultlink:Ghirahim, Skull Kid
:ultmario:Paper Mario, Nabbit, Vivian
:ultmarth:Sheeda, Alm, Celica, Arvis, Zephiel, Lyn, Hector, Eirika, Black Knight, Edelgard, Claude, Ferdinand von Aegir
:ultmegaman:Bass, X, MMZ Zero
:ultryu:Dudley, Juri, Poison, Blanka, Dan, Bison, Akuma
:ultshulk:Reyn, Riki, Melia, Fiora, Elma
:ultsimon:Sypha, Maria, Alucard, Soma, Charlotte, Shanoa
:ultsnake:Raiden
:ultsonic:Blaze, Shadow, Omega, Eggman
:ultwario:Ashley, Captain Syrup
R U OK: Geese, Kyo, Iori, Nakoruru, Leona, Rugal
No More Heroes: Travis, Shinobu, Destroyman, Bad Girl, Mister Sir Henry ************, Margaret Moonlight, Alice Twilight
Devil May Cry: Dante, Vergil, Nero, Lady, Trish
Ace Attorney, Nick, Apollo, Athena, Edgeworth
Tales: Lloyd, Velvet
Yakuza: Kiryu, Majima

IceKitsune

Smash Apprentice
Realistically I would put in these six characters if I had complete control (assuming the next set of DLC is also 5 characters and all about 3rd parties like the first one)
1. Kunio/Riki/Misako/Kyoko (Hero style alt-costumes)
2. Ryu Hayabusa
3. Phoenix Wright
4. Spyro
5. Shantae
6. Sam and Max

If I had unlimited budget and no real restrictions I would add
Dixie Kong
Bandanna Dee
Impa
Terra Banford
FF 1 Red Mage (if you want to consider all FFs under one franchise)
Miles "Tails" Prower
Shadow
Bass
Chun Li

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I used to like Blocked Content, but it has slowly turned into LaxChris's garbage level of speculative mediocrity.

Jesus ****ing Christ, look at the comments section. Not a single **** used his brain and questioned himself if that print could be made up or not. There's not even a link to the original post. Anyone can do that. No wonder why Smash players are treated like a bunch of babies by other communities, they're just that naive.
Didn't he also have a video about how the SNK leak was fake?

MorbidMiraj

Smash Apprentice
So the takeaway I'm getting from a lot of comments here is:

First party Nintendo reps are pointless from now on, and we should just focus on whatever crazy third party rep we can get in here, because hype.

Unless it's a Xenoblade or Fire Emblem rep. Those should get in.

Also Officer Howard from Astral Chain, which came out about a week ago. Totally should be in.

And Geno and Waluigi because their fanbases won't stop bringing them up constantly, so they deserve to be in.

Did I get that right?

CroonerMike

Smash Lord

First party Nintendo reps are pointless from now on, and we should just focus on whatever crazy third party rep we can get in here, because hype.

Also Officer Howard from Astral Chain, which came out about a week ago. Totally should be in.

And Geno and Waluigi because their fanbases won't stop bringing them up constantly, so they deserve to be in.

Did I get that right?
Pretty much it’s the babies crying who think they know exactly what is the right choice yet they forget that at the end of the day. Sakurai is going to pick what he wants or thinks he can do.

Hey, sorry if you don’t get your Xenoblade or FE wife in the game, that’s the way it is! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

(Btw before someone tries to give me crap, yes there are many characters I wanted that I did not get so don’t be that way, just accept that we don’t know anything)

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero

Did I get that right?
Yes, no, no, yes.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Post the list coward. Even if you have to spoiler tag it
Okay, here we go.
Five new franchises: Tomb Raider, Crash Bandicoot, Frogger, Halo, Code Name: S.T.E.A.M.

Super Mario: Captain Toad, Captain Toadette (echo), Waluigi, King Boo, Birdo, E. Gadd
Donkey Kong Country: Dixie, Cranky, Funky
The Legend of Zelda: Daruk
Kirby: Magolor
Pokémon: Snorlax, Marowak, Qwilfish, Ursaring, Shiftry, Castform, Unfezant, Sawsbuck, Chandelure, Sigilyph, Klefki, Ribombee
Pikmin: Alph (echo)
Animal Crossing: Blathers
Punch-Out!!: Doc Louis, Glass Joe, King Hippo
Splatoon: Callie and Marie
Code Name: S.T.E.A.M.: Henry Fleming, John Henry
Sonic: Dr. Eggman
Street Fighter: Chun-Li, Dhalsim
Castlevania: Alucard, Sypha
Crash Bandicoot: Crash, Coco (echo), Dr. Cortex
Halo: Master Chief
Tomb Raider: Lara Croft
Frogger: Frogger

Literally just the rest of my favorites.

Caeda, Jagen, Cain, Ogma, Lena, Julian, Merric, Hardin, Minerva, Palla, Tiki, Camus, Celica, Tobin, Silque, Mae, Saber, Innes, L'Arachel, Frederick, Virion, Sumia, Lon'qu, Maribelle, Olivia, Edelgard, Claude, Hubert, Ferdinand von Aegir, Dorothea, Annette, Ignatz, Hanneman

Then I'd have my thirty five favorites playable when including Chrom and Marth. :p

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Ok so newcomer wise i'd have:
Animal Crossing: Tom Nook, Crazy Redd (Echo), Lottie (Echo), K.K Slider, Resetti
Other (New Franchises with only one new rep): Spring Man, Qbby, Bub, Chibi Robo, Ray MK lll, Dillon, Bubbles, Jill, Excitebike, Diskun, Issac, Sukapon, LABO Man, Geolyte, Steve, Muddy Mole, Monster Hunter, Monita, Mallo, Carbuncle and Puyos, Rayman, Monkey, Shovel Knight, Takamaru, Starfy, Disc Dog
Donkey Kong: Dk Jr, Dixie Kong, Funky Kong (Echo),
Dragon Quest: Slime
F-Zero: Black Shadow, Blood Falcon (Echo)
Fire Emblem: Anna, Tiki, Caeda, Lyn, Byleth
Kid Icarus: Magnus, Viridi
Kirby: Whispy Woods, Bandana Dee, Ice Kirby, Dark Matter, Bugzzy, Marx, Magolor, Yarn Kirby, Galacta Knight
Mario: ? Block, Goomba, Koopa Troopa, Toad, Shy Guy, Birdo, Boom Boom, Metal Mario (Echo) , Petey Piranha, King Boo, Gooigi (Echo), Dr. Luigi
Mega Man: Mega Man X (Echo)
Metroid: Zebesian, Chozo, Sylux, Federation Marine
Mother: Gigyas, Ninten, Porky, Masked Man/Claus
Pac-Man: Mrs. Pac-Man (Echo)
Pikmin: Plasm Wraith, Alph (Echo)
Pokémon: Eevee, Snorlax, Meowth, Aipom, Suicune, Plusle and Minun, Sceptile, Wurmple, Croagunk, Rotom, Snivy, Victini, Melmetal, Necrozma, Zeraora, Gossifleur, Obstagoon, Polteageist
Sonic: Tails, Knuckles
Splatoon: Octoling (Echo)
Star Fox: Slippy, Peppy
Street Fighter: Chun-Li
Miis: Mii Ninja, Mii Tactitcian
The Legend of Zelda: Impa, Chibi Link, Cucco, Midna, Goron, Toon Zelda, Tingle, Champion Link (Would differentiate from normal link and would be an echo off him)
Wario: Captain Syrup
Xenoblade Chronicles: Fiora, Elma, Rex, Pyra
Yoshi: Kamek, Poochy, Baby Bros., Bungee Piranha (Echo)
All veterans would return as well

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Directly owned by Sony, who is considerably less friendlier than Microsoft towards Smash and has never been associated with Nintendo ever. Never happening.

That being said, a Rhythm Heaven character would be nice, if you want to add that genre into Smash.
Never say never.

Also Rhythm Heaven isn't nearly as quotable.

It'd still be nice though.
Y'all get infinite budget for infinite newcomers from current franchises ans you only pick 10 max? What a restraint
Sire, you may choose what characters from X franchise get in. Which ones do you pick?
Um. All of them.
No sire.
Why not?
No sire.
Why not?

(Remind me to post a serious list later. I have to do homework first or I'll procrastinate for the rest of the day.)

merchantofsalt

Smash Apprentice

Did I get that right?
Personally I want more third parties because I don't trust Nintendo to choose good first parties anymore

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
  • Rex & Pyra
  • Elma
  • Waluigi
  • Bandana Dee
  • Edelgard
  • Shadow
  • Terra Branford (FF6)
  • Yu Narukami
  • Chun-Li
  • Sora
  • Crash
  • Master Chief
  • Lloyd Irving
  • Phoenix Wright
Lemme have a crack at this, and yes this time I WILL include ATs and Costume promotions:

• Elma
  • Mecha-Fiora
  • Rex & Pyra
  • Octoling
  • Dixie Kong
  • Black Shadow
  • Medusa
  • Shantae
  • Bandana Waddle Dee
  • Adeleine
  • Gunvolt
  • Phoenix Wright
  • Neku Sakuraba
  • KOS-MOS
  • T-elos
  • Yuri Kozukata
  • Spring Man OR Min-Min OR Twintelle
  • Isaac
  • Ashley, I don’t care much for her but I’d include her for a good friend who’s a huge fan
  • Lyn
  • Rhythm Heaven Character
  • Geno
  • Kasumi Yoshizawa
  • Tales Of Character
  • Impa
  • The uhhh Contra guy I guess
  • Byleth
  • Akira Howard (Astral Chain)
  • Wonder Red
  • Nakoruru
  • Lip
  • Ayumi Tachibana
Oh and this is just infinite budget in general, I kiiiinda threw the new franchises rule out the window by one or two extra #YOLO

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
  • Rex & Pyra
  • Elma
  • Waluigi
  • Bandana Dee
  • Edelgard
  • Shadow
  • Terra Branford (FF6)
  • Yu Narukami
  • Chun-Li
  • Sora
  • Crash
  • Master Chief
  • Lloyd Irving
  • Phoenix Wright
You had the perfect setup for it and you didn't include Wonder Red...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Byleth, Paper Mario, Lana, Louie, Chun Li, Akuma, and Big Boss are pretty much the only characters from franchises currently in Smash that I'd add.

Now time for me to list 5 new franchises and everyone I want added.

Ninja Gaiden:
Ryu Hayabusa (1 of the last remaining NES Icons)
Ayane (Popular character)

Soulcalibur:
Nightmare (Main Villain of the series)
Siegfried (Clone for Nightmare?)
Mitsurugi (Mainstay character)
Sophitia (Mainstay female character)

Dynasty Warriors

All of them
Zhao Yun (Poster Boy of the series / Repping Shu)
Xiahou Dun (Repping
Wei)
Zhou Tai (Repping
Wu)
Wang Yuanji (Very popular female charaters / Repping
Jin)
Lu Bu (I just want to see the "Lu Bu Pursues" Splashscreen)

Samurai Warriors
Yukimura Sanada (Poster Boy of the series / Has his own spinoff title)
Mitsunari Ishida (Very popular character)
Gracia (Very popular female character)
Tadakatsu Honda (Samurai Warriors' Lu Bu)
Nobunaga Oda (Very important figure during the Sengoku period / Nobunaga's Ambition rep too?)

Cooking Mama
Cooking Mama (She's cool)

This would make about 24 characters in total, almost enough to reach the 100 threshold if we don't count echoes.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I hope at some point we get an update that adds more assist trophies to the game, it feels really wrong to have so many newcomers from new franchise's with no assist to go along with them.

StormC

Smash Hero
Oh boy. I'll do a mix of personal requests and characters the fans would like:

New Franchises
Resident Evil: Jill Valentine, Leon Kennedy (echo fighter), Albert Wesker
Devil May Cry: Dante, Vergil (echo fighter)
Golden Sun: Isaac, Felix (echo fighter)
Crash Bandicoot: Crash Bandicoot, Coco (semi-clone), Dr. Cortex
Bomberman: Bomberman

Really wanted to put Velvet Crowe on here but something had to give, I guess.

Old Franchises
Mario: Mallow, Geno, King Boo, Captain Toad, Vivian, Fawful, Waluigi
Donkey Kong: Dixie Kong, Cranky Kong, Funky Kong (echo fighter)
Legend Of Zelda: Ganon, Impa (echo fighter), Tingle, Ghirahim
Metroid: Mother Brain
Yoshi: Kamek
Kirby: Bandana Dee, Marx, Dark Matter, Adeleine
Star Fox: Andross, Leon (echo fighter), Krystal
Pokemon: Gengar, Tyranitar, Infernape, Decidueye, Zoroark
Mother: Porky Minch, Kumatora
F-Zero: Samurai Goroh
Ice Climber: N/A
Fire Emblem: Lyn, Anna
Game And Watch: N/A
Kid Icarus: Medusa (semi-clone), Hades
Wario: Captain Syrup, Ashley, Orbulon
Metal Gear: Liquid Snake (echo fighter), Big Boss (semi-clone), Revolver Ocelot, Raiden
Sonic: Tails (semi-clone), Knuckles, Shadow (echo fighter), Blaze (echo fighter), Metal Sonic (echo fighter), Dr. Eggman
Pikmin: Alph (echo fighter)
R.O.B.: N/A
Animal Crossing: Tom Nook (echo fighter)
Mega Man: Mega Man X, Zero, Sigma, Dr. Wily, Proto Man (echo fighter), Bass (semi-clone), Megaman Volnutt, Tron Bonne, Megaman.EXE, Geo Stelar
Wii Fit: N/A
Punch-Out: Doc Louis
Pac-Man: Ms. Pac-Man (echo fighter)
Xenoblade: Elma
Duck Hunt: N/A
Street Fighter: Chun-Li, M. Bison
Final Fantasy: Terra Branford, Kefka, Zack Fair (echo fighter)
Bayonetta: Jeanne (echo fighter)
Splatoon: Octoling (echo fighter), DJ Octavio
Castlevania: Alucard, Dracula
Persona: Morgana, Queen
Dragon Quest: Heroine (echo fighter)
Banjo-Kazooie: Gruntilda, Mumbo Jumbo
Fatal Fury: N/A

I think I went a little HAM on Mega Man...probably because it's a bunch of individual franchises under one banner.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Anyway for a more serious answer
:ultbayonetta: - Jeanne, Rodin, Balder
:ultfalcon: - Samurai Goroh, Pico, Blood Falcon, Black Shadow
:ultcloud: - Tifa, Sephiroth, Terra, Celes, Kefka, Noctis, Ardyn, Alisaie, Emet-Sech, Gilgamesh, Cain, Aranea, Yuffie, Squall, Yuna, Zenos yae Galvus
:ultdk: - Dixie, Funky, Cranky
:ultfox: - Andross, Leon, Slippy
:ultjoker: - Makoto Niijima, Mitsuru, Akihiko, Naoto, Kanji, Yu, Makoto Yuki, Yusuke, Ryuji, Philemon, Maya, Haru, Aigis, Labrys
:ultkirby: - Bandanna Dee, Marx
:ultlink: - Darunia, Ruto, Ghirahim, Midna
:ultlittlemac: - Mr Sandman, King Hippo, Bald Bull
:ultmario: - Waluigi, Fawful, Toad, Toadette
:ultmarth: - Black Knight, Lyn, Hector, Nino, Edelgard, Bernadetta, Claude, Dimitri, Dorothea, Lysithea, Micaiah, Lianna, Hardin, Berkut, Duma, Rhea, Ryoma, Xander, Takumi, Cordelia, Caeda, Minerva, Lute, Eirika, Ephraim, Keaton, Ranulf, Tibarn, Kurthnaga, Myrrh
:ultmegaman: - X, Zero, Protoman, Bass.exe, Roll Caskett, Sigma, Vile
:ultness: - Porky, Giygas
:ultolimar: - Louie, Plasm Wraith
:ultpacman: - Spooky
:ultpikachu: - Sceptile, Decidueye, Feraligatr, Garchomp, Darkrai, Tyranitar, Metagross, Machamp, Gardevoir, Gallade, Hawlucha, Suicune, Chandelure, Blaziken, Empoleon, Buzzwole, Hydreigon
:ultpit: - Medusa, Viridi, Hades, Phosphora, Pyrrhon, Magnus
:ultryu: - Akuma, Chun-Li, M.Bison, Poison, Vega, Cammy, Sakura, Zangief, Guile, Karin, Sagat, Balrog, Cody, Rashid, Kolin
:ultshulk: - Mumkhar, Fiora, Dunban, Reyn, Melia, Egil, Elma, L, Morag & Brighid, Zeke & Pandoria, Nia & Dromarch, Addam & Mythra, Malos
:ultsimon: - Alucard, Maria Renard, John Morris, Charlotte & Jonathon, Dracula, Death, Shanoa, Sypha, Grant, Trevor, Leon, Eric Lecarde, Soma, Julius
:ultsnake: - Liquid Snake, Ocelot, Big Boss, Raiden, Jetstream Sam, Armstrong, Olga, Meryl, Sundowner, The Boss
:ultsonic: - Tails, Knuckles, Eggman, Metal Sonic, Chaos, Blaze, Silver, Vector, Espio, Omega, Rouge, Amy
:ult_terry: - Kyo Kusanagi, Iori Yagami, Geese Howard, Alice, Andy Bogard, Mai Shiranui, Kula Diamond, Leona, Rock Howard, Billy, Nakoruru, Yuri, Athena

New:
Guilty Gear - Sol, Ky, Sin, Dizzy, Baiken, Millia, Justice, Testament, Zappa, Slayer, Zato, Venom, Potemkin, Answer, Raven, Haehyun, Axl, I-No, Elphelt, Ramlethal, Jack-O

Halo - Chief, Thel 'Vadam, Ur-Didact, Tartarus, Rtas 'Vadum, Grunt Goblin, Buck, Ripa 'Moramee

Killer Instinct - Fulgore, Jago, Orchid, Cinder, Glacius, ARIA, Kilgore, Hisako, Eagle, Thunder, Riptor, Shadow Jago, Omen, Gargos, Eyedol, Tusk, Mira, Maya, TJ Combo, Kim Wu, Aganos

Devil May Cry - Dante, Vergil, Nero, V, Trish, Lady, Lucia

Yakuza - Kiryu, Majima, Kashiwagi, Shimano, Daigo, Akiyama, Saejima, Yagami, Ichiban, Ryuji Goda, Mine

7NATOR

Smash Master
Infinite Budget

Than for already Represented Franchises, i guess add ALL THE CHARACTERS from the Franchise. All Unique Movesets and everything. the 5 New Franchises get All Their Characters added to it too.

I'm gonna Cheat a little

1st Franchise: Marvel Vs Capcom. Every Character in the games get in, and whatever Franchise they are from get all the characters

2nd Franchise: Jump Shounen. Talking about J-Stars, Jump Force, all that. All the Franchises represented get ALL The Characters. Jump is technically Franchise, 1 franchise soooo

3rd Franchise: Super Smash Bros. Sakurai can just make any OC he want, so it's infinite Possiblities.

4th Franchise: Mugen Franchise. Pretty Much every Franchise Represented gets character. Since Every Franchise is pretty much in Mugen and EVEN MORE, That means All The Characters

5. The Future knows no bounds, so i can't even choose the 5th Franchise

SNEKeater

Smash Master
My list isn't specially large but here we go
Characters I would really like to see in Smash

First party:
- Isaac
- Lyn
- Skull Kid
- Hades
- Akira Howard
- Dixie Kong
- Chorus Kids
- Mother Brain

Third party:
- Dante
- Vergil
- Crash Bandicoot
- Leon S. Kennedy
- Jill Valentine
- Amaterasu
- Alucard

Something like that but probably I'm forgetting someone. Then there's some characters I like to some extent like Geno, Rex and Pyra, the 3 leaders of FE: Three Houses, Doomslayer, Heihachi, Phoenix Wright, etc. Of course I know some characters like Mother Brain, Hades or Vergil won't happen but well, I like them xD

I thought about including Big Boss in the list but it could be a skin for Snake with some changes. I don't understand why they did not put it in the game, is so easy and he would work so well as a skin, like Alph for Olimar.

Last edited:

Dust319

Smash Apprentice
I know everyone’s going nuts on the infinite dlc, but I’ll keep mine succinct.

5 newcomers

Earthworm Jim (Earthworm Jim series)
Zitz (Battletoads series)
Rex /Bloop/ Spike/ Gwen (Trog)
Ristar (Ristar)
Marina Lightyears (Mischief Makers)

3 echo fighters
Rash - Faster, lighter, and higher jumper than zitz
Pimple - slower, heavier, less jump than Zitz
Dixie Kong- As Diddy but has a unique recovery and dash attack

4 additional fighters to existing series
Geno (Mario)
Midna (Legend if Zelda)
Effie (Fire Emblem Fates)
Sneasel (Pokémon)

Suspicious Squirtle

Smash Apprentice
Oooh, this should be fun.

New Franchises
Shantae
Cooking Mama
Crash Bandicoot
Spyro the Dragon
Twintelle, from ARMS

Existing Franchises
Mario: Birdo, Geno, Vivian or Flurrie, Pauline, King Boo, Koopa Troopa, Waluigi, Professor E. Gadd, Captain Toad (with Toadette gender swap), Fawful
Donkey Kong Country: Dixie Kong, Cranky Kong
Legend of Zelda: Skull Kid, Ghirahim, Impa, Tingle
Yoshi: Poochy, Maybe Wool or Crafted Yoshi as an echo
Kirby: Marx, Bandana Waddle Dee, Adelaine, Knuckle Joe
Star Fox: Slippy Toad, Krystal
Pokemon: Jynx, Chandelure, Eevee, Ho-Oh, Piplup, Sceptile, Decidueye, Lopunny, Zoroark, Xerneas, Toucannon, Mimikyu, Lycanroc, Cramorant, and Pokemon Trainer Pokemon as separate characters
Earthbound: Ninten, Porky
F-Zero: Black Shadow
Ice Climbers: Polar Bear
Fire Emblem: Lyn, Black Knight, Tiki, Azura, Three Houses Rep
Kid Icarus: Hades, Medusa
WarioWare: Mona, Orbulon, Jimmy T., Ashley
Pikmin: Alph, Louis, and Brittany as as costume swap of Olimar with an alt attire each
Sonic: Shadow, Tails, Knuckles, Dr. Eggman
Animal Crossing: Tom Nook, K.K. Slider
Mega Man: Dr. Wily, ZERO, Proto-Man
Mii Fighters: Sports Fighter (uses Wii Sports equipment as weapons), Mage Fighter
Pac-Man: Ms. Pac-Man
Xenoblade: Rex & Pyra
Street Fighter: Chun-Li
Bayonetta: Jeanne
Splatoon: Octoling
Castlevania: Trevor Belmont, Dracula, Alucard
Persona: Female from P5R
Dragon Quest: Female protagonists from the games currently represented (and each hero referred to by their names on screen)
Banjo-Kazooie: Gruntilda
Never Played The Series or No Additions: Metal Gear, Metroid, Game & Watch, Wii Fit, R.O.B., Punch-Out, Duck Hunt, Final Fantasy,

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
5 New Franchises:
Kingdom Hearts - Sora w/ Donald and Goofy Final Smash and Mickey Mouse cameo because I want the fan base's head to explode.
Halo - Master Chief, Arbiter - I love Halo, and while I know the Arbiter could never be in the game as an Echo, your rules let me get away with it.
No More Heroes - Travis Touchdown - I just want Suda to have a playable character in the game.
Crash Bandicoot - Crash and Coco - I need Smash Bros. to continue its journey to become the best Playstation crossover fighting game too.
Marvel vs Capcom because loopholes and I want new worlds damn it - Jill Valentine, Phoenix Wright, Monster Hunter, Dante, Amaterasu, Vietiful Joe, Morrigan, and Strider... You never said I couldn't do it...

Existing Franchise Additions:
Mario - Geno (He's going here because I want to stretch my powers as far as I can), Waluigi, and Captain Toad
Zelda - Midna and Wolf Link, Skull Kid, Impa
DK - Dixie Kong, Cranky Kong
Xenoblade - Elma, Rex/Pyra/Mythra
Kirby - Marx, Bandanna Dee
Pokemon - Sceptile (my favorite starter of all time from the Emerald days)
Fire Emblem - Lyn, Edelgard
Mother - Porky and Ninten for certain people who want them.
Star Fox - Krystal
Wario - Captain Syrup since more Wario Land is great
Animal Crossing - Tom Nook, except he's only available in the DLC coin battle mode and starts with all the coins
Metal Gear Solid - Old Snake skin, Raiden (cyborg form)
Sonic - Eh, give Shadow a spot, maybe Tails too.
Mega Man - Zero, Protoman as an Echo
Pac-Man - Mrs. Pac-Man
Street Fighter - Chun Li
Final Fantasy - Sephiroth
Bayonetta - Jeane as a semi-clone... also a buffed Bayonetta.
Castlevania - Alucard
Persona - Yu Nakumari (can I just add the entirety of Persona 4 and 5's cast as playable characters lol?)
Dragon Quest - V/Madison
Banjo & Kazooie - Mumbo Jumbo
Fatal Fury/King of the Fighters - Nakoruru

OK, I'm tired of adding characters, so we'll just call it a day there lol. I really mainly want new third party franchises, a Xenoblade character for the fans, and Geno at this point. I'm just playing along because infinite budget is too hard to pass up haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom