• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

cothero

Smash Lord
Honestly, smash 4 overall roster was a huge disappointment for me. No Snake, no Climbers, no Wolf, nor Mewtwo. I eventually bought it, but i didn't play too much, until Mewtwo was announced as DLC. That changed everything. It was cool that Lucas and Mewtwo were added later, but for me, it was still incomplete. Then someone leaked Roy and Ryu. THAT hyped me up, THAT was the unforessen factor i needed. Ryu's fighting style is visceral, so seen a brutal character like him fighting against other cute mascots was the constrast i was looking for, that's the true meaning of crossover for me. But that didn't stop there - soon they added Cloud and Bayonetta. Some peope didn't liked it, but for the most, their inclusion was mind blowing. That's diversity. Smash's about video game mascots fighting against each other, it doesn't matter if the character comes from a cartoonish or a stealth/war franchise. That's why i hate so much when someone says "oh, but that character isn't suitable for smash!", if the character in question comes from a video game, then he indeed IS suitable, for god's sake! Some people need to understand once and for all: Smash is a mess, and that's why it's so beautiful.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
The problem is that I don’t like any of the dlc characters so far, at all. I’m being let down extremely hard this entire fighter pass, and for those that are like me, it’s not even possible to simply “appreciate what we got” when nothing we’ve got have appealed to us whatsoever.
Did you buy the season pass? Because otherwise nobody is forcing you to buy these characters. I get being disappointed if literally none appeal to you, but it's entirely voluntary.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
SNK and Persona haven't really been on Nintendo consoles so that argument fails. Also these characters are iconic even outside of the United States. However, the United States represents 60-70% of all video game sales so I would say it is a very IMPORTANT market.
SNK has a decent presence on Nintendo, especially thanks to Virtual Console and Arcade Archives.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Honestly, smash 4 overall roster was a huge disappointment for me. No Snake, no Climbers, no Wolf, nor Mewtwo. I eventually bought it, but i didn't play too much, until Mewtwo was announced as DLC. That changed everything. It was cool that Lucas and Mewtwo were added later, but for me, it was still incomplete. Then someone leaked Roy and Ryu. THAT hyped me up, THAT was the unforessen factor i needed. Ryu's fighting style is visceral, so seen a brutal character like him fighting against other cute mascots was the real deal. But that didn't stop there - soon they added Cloud and Bayonetta. Some peope didn't liked it, but for the most, their inclusion was mind blowing. That's diversity. Smash's about video game mascots fighting against each other, it doesn't matter if the character comes from a cartoonish or a stealth/war franchise. That's why i hate so much when someone says "oh, but that character isn't suitable for smash!", if the character in question comes from a video game, then he indeed IS suitable, for god's sake! Some people need to understand once and for all: Smash is a mess, and that's why it's so beautiful.
I thought the opposite. Granted, Megaman and Pacman sold it for me mainly. I also liked the addition of Palutena and Rosalina to give more female characters (along with breaking out Zamus and Sheik). I still don't understand why Sheik hasn't become Impa or Impa made as Sheik's clone. It makes too much sense.

My issue with Smash 4 was the weakness of its single player. Smash 4 felt held back because it was catered for both 3DS and Wii U.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
People hated Ryu? Are you serious? I was here for that period and I’m gonna be honest, I feel like you are overblowing for Ryu’s hate.

As far as I remember, people were pretty excited for him and the general opinion was positive. It kinda sounds like you’re generalizing based on a few posts you’ve seen.

I personally thought the reception towards Ryu was overall positive. But to your point about "not Nintendo enough":

I don't think it's fair to compare that point in smash speculation to this point in time. I think back then there was a lot of animosity towards third parties in general. A lot of people celebrated Snake's cut because MGS wasn't "Nintendo" enough. They only wanted third parties related Nintendo. Now however, times are different. ****ing Doomslayer and Crash Bandicoot, characters you wouldn't really associate with Nintendo, are dominating the speculation scene. People have warmed up to third party characters now.
Your whole Mario comparison seems overblown to me. It just sounds like a generalization based on a few people saying that. And I guarantee you that those who said it got **** on. Ryu = Mario wasn't anywhere near to the level that "Hat Ken" is right now. Honestly, not the same situation at all.
I distinctly remember the Ryu hate because it created a lot of solidarity between Ryu and Snake fans due to both of them being perceived as "not Nintendo enough"

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
SNK and Persona haven't really been on Nintendo consoles so that argument fails. Also these characters are iconic even outside of the United States. However, the United States represents 60-70% of all video game sales so I would say it is a very IMPORTANT market.
Don’t know much about Persona but SNK definitely had games on Nintendo consoles since the NES era.

volbound1700

Smash Master
SNK has a decent presence on Nintendo, especially thanks to Virtual Console and Arcade Archives.
I have owned everyone Nintendo console except the SNES and the handhelds through most of my time. I do not recognize any of the games or characters referenced through thread. I am a HUGE Nintendo fan. I have been on here and followed closely since the Brawl era (look at my signup date). I tell you that SNK is very obscure. This is why it is very unpopular on here right now.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
The only way to make Smashboards people happy would be to add the characters that have 500+ posts in their threads. The hype on here was insane for Ridley, KRool, and Banjo. Those three are the most popular adds to date.

Following that logic, if Sakurai had added Geno, Isaac, and Shantae instead of Joker, Hero (I do like Hero), and Terry, people on here would go nuts and would be praising the game. Also popular ballot picks like Rayman would be great.

If I could have picked my 5, they would have been the following:

1. Banjo - Hype and fan pleaser
2. Sora - Biggest hype generator and would bring in fans
3. Masterchief - This would bring a ton of Xbox fans to Smash, people that wouldn't normally buy the game like one of my friends, Ryan. Alternative is Doomguy but I think Masterchief would move the needle more.
4. Hero - I think the DQ add was appropriate and it was a Japanese franchise that is famous internationally
5. Geno - Major Fan Pleaser

This SHOULD have been Sakurai's 5 picks. It would have been highly popular with everyone and would have increased the sales of the game tremendously. I dare anyone to argue that this was the perfect 5 for the DLC pack.
Frankly the only characters people have really grumbled about this time have been :ultisabelle::ultincineroar: and :ultpiranha:. I mean there was some side-eying at Chrom and Hero, but it wasn't that bad (not counting the RNG stuff, but that's different). Now I guess you can add Terry, but if it dissipates in like a day or two, it will overall be pretty minor. Character five will probably get it too, but largely on the basis of just not being someone else.

All in all that's not terrible. 4 had :ultwiifittrainer::ultdarkpit::ultmiifighters::ultryu::ultcloud::ultcorrin::ultbayonetta: and probably :ultduckhunt: (just guessing on that one since tbh I don't remember that much pushback - but I was out to lunch during the esrb ordeal).

D

Deleted member

I figured I'd post my own two cents.

People often say history repeats itself, and I can't help but feel that applies all too well here. For the people who weren't posting on this site during the Smash 4 DLC era, let me tell you a story. Basically, in early April of 2015, when Lucas was announced, the Fighter Ballot was opened, and Mewtwo was released, the famous "Royu" datamine took place. Data was found in the Mewtwo update that spoiled two then-unannounced DLC characters, the veteran Roy, and the newcomer, Ryu from Street Fighter.

Now keep in mind, this was a whole two months before these characters would release. And right off the bat, let me tell you...Ryu got QUITE a bit of hate.

I was shocked. At the time, two characters from the same third party company was unheard of. Many thought it would never happen. But man, was I excited. Ryu is such an iconic character, I thought, and Street Fighter is the definitive fighting game franchise. So to go and see people immediately getting pissed at Ryu was pretty disheartening. Many would say he "wasn't 'Nintendo' enough" and that "fighting game characters shouldn't be in Smash" and so on and so forth. But what always stuck out the most to me was this, which cropped up all too often.

"Ryu would be too similar to Mario. He's a wasted slot."

Yes, you read that correctly. People would point to the Hadouken and say it was no different from Mario's Fire Ball. They'd point at the ever-iconic Shoryuken and say it was just another Super Jump Punch. They'd look at Tatsumaki Senpukyaku and claim it was exactly like Mario Tornado, which Mario didn't even have anymore. They'd say that, like Mario, Ryu would just have a bunch of punches and kicks.

It really opened my eyes to how myopic and antagonistic the community could be toward choices that they, themselves, didn't consider to be "worthy" of a spot on the roster. Here was Ryu, a legendary character who, to this day, I would only say is less iconic than Pac-Man and Sonic when it comes to Smash's third party roster, being lambasted for being too derivative of Mario. And the kicker, most of these people never so much as touched a game with Ryu in it, never mind a Street Fighter game.

And then, once Ryu was revealed, people came around on him. He was very distinct from every other character on the roster, he brought a gorgeous new stage with Suzaku Castle, and he brought two awesome remixes. And he was fun as hell, being a true combo-oriented character with actual Street Fighter command inputs, even having his Street Fighter IV Focus Attack to round out his specials, and even two Final Smashes. In my eyes, he was the single greatest DLC newcomer Smash ever had, Ultimate included. But not two months earlier, some people were so vehemently against his inclusion and all it stood for.

And it all just reminds me so much of what's happening now with Terry Bogard. Now, all cards on the table, I've never played a fighting game from SNK. While the company was always in the back of my mind, it just sort of flew under my personal radar. It happens. But I recognize what Terry means to so many, and honestly the Power Wave alone justifies him as a fun choice in my mind. Maybe I'm easy to please, but come on. That's a cool move. And the geyser version? Even cooler.

Of course, that's not to say you have to be excited for Terry. There are definitely some choices that, while I wouldn't hate them, they'd do nothing for me excitement-wise. However, I recognize their significance and I'd be happy for those who do want them. For example, Doom Slayer and Bandana Waddle Dee. Personally, they do nothing for me. I think they're kind of boring, and they're just not my type of characters. However, I absolutely recognize the merits of both of them and, funny enough, they're both characters that my younger brother would love to see (funny how that works, lol), so I'd be a-okay with their inclusion. And who knows, maybe they'd even be really fun to play.

I just think we should wait until at least Terry's trailer to pass judgment, just to avoid being hasty. I'm definitely not trying to police opinions, mind you, but I'm just giving my view of things.
QFT

I was there.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I have owned everyone Nintendo console except the SNES and the handhelds through most of my time. I do not recognize any of the games or characters referenced through thread. I am a HUGE Nintendo fan. I have been on here and followed closely since the Brawl era (look at my signup date). I tell you that SNK is very obscure. This is why it is very unpopular on here right now.
They might be obscure but that doesn't mean the support isn't there.

Before making their own consoles, many of their arcade titles got NES ports. They also made Crystalis, a NES rpg held with high esteem.

Granted, after that they refocused on their arcade efforts but I thought at least Metal Slug was well known, at least from my experiences.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
LITERALLY

EVERY

CLASSIC

SNK GAME

IS AVAILABLE

ON THE ESHOP

RIGHT NOW

FOR 7.99 A POP

Neo Geo games were available on the Wii Virtual Console! The Metal Slug Anniversary Collection was a Wii exclusive that had a previously unreleased game included! King of Fighters was on the ****ing Game Boy! SNK has been working with Nintendo for years!!

Persona Q and Q2 are exclusive to Nintendo! The Shin Megami Tensei series outside of a brief PS2 run has been a Nintendo exclusive! This **** is blatantly false, man!

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario

There was much maligning. All the third party DLC last time was quite divisive. Just because by the time the reveal rolled around people had accepted it was happening doesn't mean there was no friction at any point.

You're right, times are different, back then it was very Nintendo-centric, and there were still holdouts on Snake until probably during the ballot era... but, while ambivalence maybe was higher, those that celebrated his absence were few and far between. Or at least, undoubtably the minority. Sakurai even noted how he tried to bring him back and failed during the ballot, due to demand.

Snake was, for a while, seen as one of the "big four" Smash 4 omissions, along with Ridley, K. Rool, and Isaac. Wolf would've been there too but people assumed he'd be back as DLC.

I distinctly remember the Ryu hate because it created a lot of solidarity between Ryu and Snake fans due to both of them being perceived as "not Nintendo enough"
Yeah I remember that. And then immediately the goal posts were moved to "Well Capcom supports the Wii U but Konami doesn't!" It wasn't until Cloud and Bayonetta people finally shut up against us.

Ryu = Mario wasn't rampant, but Hat Ken isn't really that much of a thing right now either. It's not widely embraced. And even if it was, there'd be what? A single day of it? Two days? People knew about Ryu months before he was shown.

Polls like this for example:
https://smashboards.com/threads/source-solid-snake-will-not-return-to-smash-more.368434/

Showed some animosity towards Snake. Kinda funny since it's very likely Snake won the ballot though. I don't wanna overblow the hate for him but I've always just felt the haters toward him were more vocal than his supporters in some cases.

I guess I need to elaborate a little. I don't deny there was hate, but I guarantee you the support outweighed the hate. The posts that supported Ryu got more likes. The comments on Reddit that were pumped got upvotes. The posts ****ting on those who hated Ryu got a lot of likes too. Kinda like what's going on in this thread where it's very obvious that this particular site is in support of Terry but yet everyone here acts like this thread is filled with hate for him when it's literally only two or three posters.

Also, there was no need for the smug GIF. I wasn't trying to be rude.

Last edited:

AntagonisticGalaxyCetacea

Smash Journeyman
Smash Bros isnt a "Put every dumb character request western crybabies ask for" videogame, it's a game that celebrates videogames as a whole. Just because YOU havent personally experienced anything SNK put out, doesnt mean it hasnt had a impact, or is "obscure" enough to be denied a pass into the game.

The self centeredness of the community is so toxic. How long are you going to whine about this? And how are you going to bring up the argument that Sakurai should put in characters from franchises that sell a ton yet say Shantae should be in over Joker?

cothero

Smash Lord
To people thinking that SNK (and Terry) doesn't have many ties with Nintendo: Fatal Fury 1, 2, Special and 3 were all released on the SNES, along with other SNK games in other Nintendo consoles.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
All in all that's not terrible. 4 had :ultwiifittrainer::ultdarkpit::ultmiifighters::ultryu::ultcloud::ultcorrin::ultbayonetta: and probably :ultduckhunt: (just guessing on that one since tbh I don't remember that much pushback - but I was out to lunch during the esrb ordeal).
I remember people trying to disprove ESRB because :4duckhunt: was basically "not Takumaru" and "no move set potential".

Essentially, trying to prove it fake by why a single character could not be in.

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
The only way to make Smashboards people happy would be to add the characters that have 500+ posts in their threads.
Sakurai: "fine"
Literally every single support thread under 500 posts: "alright everyone get the post count up to 500 as fast as possible go go GO!!!"

Yeah this wouldn't work.

Himiko

Smash Apprentice
Did you buy the season pass? Because otherwise nobody is forcing you to buy these characters. I get being disappointed if literally none appeal to you, but it's entirely voluntary.
I didn’t buy it. I’m waiting for a character to be announced that I actually like to buy individually, but it seems like that won’t be happening any time soon, if ever. However, I’ve talked to a number of people here that feel the same way I do, and they actually bought the fighter pass preemptively, which is unfortunate. Sure, it’s voluntary and no one is forcing me to purchase it(which I won’t unless they add characters I like), but it kills the hype, interest, and hope for something exciting for the future of the game. Those that express these feelings have a complete right to do so. Not necessarily complaining until every top 50 character is in like you mentioned, but I do believe the companies deciding these crossovers should be making a better effort to add more different types of characters that’ll appeal to all types of people, like adding some female characters since we’re clearly missing that in this fighter pass right now.

StormC

Smash Hero
I didn’t buy it. I’m waiting for a character to be announced that I actually like to buy individually, but it seems like that won’t be happening any time soon, if ever. However, I’ve talked to a number of people here that feel the same way I do, and they actually bought the fighter pass preemptively, which is unfortunate. Sure, it’s voluntary and no one is forcing me to purchase it(which I won’t unless they add characters I like), but it kills the hype, interest, and hope for something exciting for the future of the game. Those that express these feelings have a complete right to do so. Not necessarily complaining until every top 50 character is in like you mentioned, but I do believe the companies deciding these crossovers should be making a better effort to add more different types of characters that’ll appeal to all types of people, like adding some female characters since we’re clearly missing that in this fighter pass right now.
The lack of female characters is the most obvious and glaring issue with the Pass, I would agree. But other than that I feel like there is a pretty good diversity with series and character archetypes. Like we're going from Dragon Quest to Banjo to Terry. That's a pretty hard pendulum swing.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
They might be obscure but that doesn't mean the support isn't there.
Exactly. I see volbound1700 is located in SE USA. King of Fighters might be obscure in USA but it is popular in Latin America. Maybe most of Terry/Kyo/KOF supporters live in Mexico, Central America, South America, and the Caribbean and they probably don’t post here on Smashboards.

KatKit

Smash Lord
Terry: ARE YOU OKAY?
Ness: Okay!

What a time to be alive. Dude... I don't care who's in at this point. The fact that we might get an SNK character is just soooo hype. If it's Terry, I hope the above exchange with Ness is in the trailer. For those of you freaking out about Terry: don't. He's awesome.

This pass is catering to multiple generations of fans from all over the globe with characters from different genre of games. Sometimes I feel like I'm one of the few who's just glad to get whatever they offer us (obviously I have a wishlist of my own, but I don't get salty if it's not fulfilled).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

"The character would just be more pucnhes and kicks"

"just another sword user"

I'm sure if Doom guy were to be the one looking likely for DLC 5 and not Ryu, people would be going "just another gun user!" or "Just another character that shoots!"

Yeesh.
It’s like I said earlier, it’s just an excuse people are using cause they didn’t get what they wanted or expected.

You can dumb down pretty much anyone on the roster to simplified statements like that.

>SNK is obscure
Lol, China and Mexico would like a word with you. I love this.

“Oh, I’ve never heard of it, therefore it’s clearly not popular.”

You’re just too young to remember when it was popular in your area. SNK practically stopped Capcom from having a monopoly on the arcade scene during the 90s and the two were fierce rivals for a very long time.

People say Heihachi should be in cause Tekken contrasts Street Fighter, but before Tekken, before Heihachi, it was SNK and Terry.

There was much maligning. All the third party DLC last time was quite divisive. Just because by the time the reveal rolled around people had accepted it was happening doesn't mean there was no friction at any point.

You're right, times are different, back then it was very Nintendo-centric, and there were still holdouts on Snake until probably during the ballot era... but, while ambivalence maybe was higher, those that celebrated his absence were few and far between. Or at least, undoubtably the minority. Sakurai even noted how he tried to bring him back and failed during the ballot, due to demand.

Snake was, for a while, seen as one of the "big four" Smash 4 omissions, along with Ridley, K. Rool, and Isaac. Wolf would've been there too but people assumed he'd be back as DLC.

Ryu = Mario wasn't rampant, but Hat Ken isn't really that much of a thing right now either. It's not widely embraced. And even if it was, there'd be what? A single day of it? Two days? People knew about Ryu months before he was shown.
I mean, I’ll admit I wasn’t initially sold on Ryu the moment he was leaked, but it’s cause the Smash 4 newcomers had been so disappointing by that point, Ryu just felt like he added to the wave of disappointment. I quickly warmed up to the idea though, when I paused to think of what his inclusion meant, and him and Cloud became my favorite additions to the otherwise bland Smash 4 roster.

It’s because of this that I hate leakers though. Had Ryu not been spoiled, he would have been way more exciting on reveal, especially with all the unique mechanics he brought to the table.

Dust319

Smash Apprentice

Obscurity is relative.
You didn’t own a SNES which is right about the era SNK fighting games were a big deal. They didn’t show up on the N64 because it didn’t have the audience that the PSX did. The only GameCube game was Capcom vs SNK 2 EO that I remember. From that point forward it was mostly rehashes and rereleases for them on Nintendo and their newer games were on other systems.
So, yes SNK May seem obscure to you.
To someone who grew up around arcades, SNK is far less obscure.

D

Deleted member

If only I taught the Smash community the value of patience and humility...

Himiko

Smash Apprentice
The lack of female characters is the most obvious and glaring issue with the Pass, I would agree. But other than that I feel like there is a pretty good diversity with series and character archetypes. Like we're going from Dragon Quest to Banjo to Terry. That's a pretty hard pendulum swing.
I suppose for some of us, female characters happen to be the main thing we’re interested in. So that glaring issue affects us more than you’d think. I do like some male characters too, but none of the ones I like have been added either.

NurpNurp

Smash Journeyman
I do genuinely feel bad for people who don't like any of the characters in the Fighter Pass. I don't really care about Banjo or Hero, but Joker is 100% the hypest announce in recent time for me, but I remember how "meh" the Sm4sh DLC was for me and I have to give my sympathy to everyone else who aren't digging this.

kirbsmash

Smash Champion
Look, can't we all agree to disagree about Smash? No point fighting about this stuff.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
To people thinking that SNK (and Terry) doesn't have many ties with Nintendo: Fatal Fury 1, 2, Special and 3 were all released on the SNES, along with other SNK games on other consoles.
Yes! That’s right. Fatal Fury games were on the SNES! I remember playing them when I was a kid and rented them from Blockbuster.

Now I have Fatal Fury games thanks to Wii Virtual Console.

Neo Geo games were available on the Wii Virtual Console!
Yes, thanks to Wii Virtual Console, I was exposed to Fatal Fury games, Art of Fighting games, King of Fighters games, Metal Slug games, and many other SNK games.

So the idea of Terry in Smash grew on me over the years.

Himiko

Smash Apprentice
I do genuinely feel bad for people who don't like any of the characters in the Fighter Pass. I don't really care about Banjo or Hero, but Joker is 100% the hypest announce in recent time for me, but I remember how "meh" the Sm4sh DLC was for me and I have to give my sympathy to everyone else who aren't digging this.
Thanks, I appreciate the understanding. It really is rather depressing not being able to experience any excitement for new characters like others do.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
As others have said, a ton of SNK titles were on the NES. As for Persona, its not persona but Atlus, the owners of Persona and SMT, that have a long history with nintendo. The Shin Megami Tensai games for one have always been on Nintendo systems, and they are related to the Persona games.

Leotsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Leotsune
Thanks, I appreciate the understanding. It really is rather depressing not being able to be experience any excitement for new characters like others do.
What about getting out of your comfort zone and play new games?
That'll help you out to appreciate more some characters and I don't know, you may find one of your all time favorites along the way.
A lot of people have gotten into certain franchise thanks to Smash, that was my case with Shulk and now years later I'm in love with the Xeno series.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Look, can't we all agree to disagree about Smash? No point fighting about this stuff.
I can't argue with this, i agree

Personally, I think Terry is a cool Addition, Though I'm more of an Iori, Kyo, Orochi type person. Now one thing that interests me about Terry is that he'll probably be the character to raise the most questions out of every fighter pass Character if certain things happen

If his Trailer is an continuation of Incineroar's, thing Smash Speculation is gonna be Hayubusa against the World. But i think what interests me more is the mii costumes

Knowing Terry is a fighting game character, it would explain why Jacky and Akira Mii Costumes were missing. should they return, they would most likely will return with Terry. We could also see Heihachi's Costume show up here. What this would do is a myraid of things

-I Don't think all the Capcom and Namco Costumes are cut, so they have to be shown off. In regards to Namco, Since it would be the time to show off Heihachi's Costume, it would make sense to show off Namco's Costumes as well. However if Just Heihachi's is shown, then i think it would be a little sus for a Namco Character

-I Think it would make Geno (and Chocobo's) Costume absence more suspicious. I'm Gonna assume the Geno Costume was popular when it came to mii costumes. It would be weird that the one costume that got a Splash art last game got cut, while Jacky and Akira is still here

Now I'm not a believer of Mii Costume theory, i believe that already got Debunked, but i haven't kept up with it. All I'm saying is i think there could be some interest paid attention to what Mii Costumes Terry Comes with that's not his Home Company. Obviously none of this could happen and Jacky's and Akira's Mii Costume stay dead, but it's something to note

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
At best, you have to wait for Fighter's Pass 2 or Ultimate Special Edition to get your character, and both of those could very likely only happen after a few years. At worst, if they're third party they're S.O.L after this game if the next game decides to scale things way back for whatever ridiculous reason and even first party newcomers will be heavily limited.

Even the next best scenario (you have to wait for the Switch to die for the next console to come out) isn't very good, that could be in 10 years time or longer.

So no, I don't blame anybody for resenting a character who isn't what they want. As long as they openly admit they are just unsatisfied that this is the main reason, and not something dumb like "would just be a clone" or "overreps something", and aren't trying to rain on the parade of people who are happy, then be as sad about it as can be. Remember that it's just a game, and it isn't like you get brutally tortured for not getting your character of dreams, though.

I mean, it's very likely that I won't be able to use Smash as a Colbert Bump for Puyo Puyo and that kinda hurts. I really thought we would at least get an Assist Trophy or Mii Costume. Nope, the former was Akira and the latter only had Persona ones.

cothero

Smash Lord
There's still time to fix that first statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom