• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

PacificFun

Smash Ace
Scale this Master Hand down just a little bit, derive most of his moves from the WoL minigame, though made somewhat more reasonable. Make him a super-heavy, maybe slightly heavier than Bowser. While grounded, he floats slightly and his jumps, he has two, are rather high but also stupendiously slow and floaty. When being launched, he hits the ground on his backside before pulling himself up, like his animations for getting stunned and recovering from said stun.

The lack of a proper, unlockable mode for the existing minigame is so damn criminal, you're post actually has me seeing this as... almost more likely than not. That's messed up.
Sounds good to me.

PacificFun

Smash Ace
Master Hand or Tabuu or Dragon King seem possible as kinda masturbatory sendoffs for the series. I assume Master Hand (orr Tabuu) would be reworked to be like every other fighter (ie walking uses his 'walking fingers' animation, running has him float across, not just flying around everywhere freely).
Dragon King would be so full circle, holy moly.

I.D.

Smash Lord
Galeem: "Who are you?"
Sephiroth: "I'm you, but better"
View attachment 295689

Since Sephiroth's final smash is pretty much guaranteed to be Super Nova, what parts do you think they're going to keep in? I personally hope they keep the math equations and the attack punching a hole through Jupiter.
Unfortunately I think they'll stick to the Japanese version of the attack

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
You could make it Master Hand's child or some dumb crap like that.

Make them traverse via walking with their fingers and floating for sprinting.

If they can make Pirhana Plant work, I feel like a "fair" Master Hand could work.
Thats a really good idea. Perhaps Master Hand needs to reform each time he gets beaten so the one playable in regular Smash is just him at half power. His final Smash could be a transformation where he returns to his full form.

Well, yes, of course we keep Captain Falcon. At this point, he's basically a retro pick in the same way the Ice Climbers were or Isaac would be.

I just think that, as cool as Ultimate's roster is, it's beholden to decisions made years ago under conditions that no longer exist; and that creates clutter. Honestly, roster placements are one of the things I'm most excited to see get tossed. Not to throw out "irrelevant" retro picks - if anything, I think those sorts of picks age the best - but moreso for characters like Jigglypuff, Sheik, or Dr. Mario. I don't want to see a character kept just because "they were in the last game", is my point. Not unless we're going all-in on Ultimate 2.

Heck, my top choice for how to execute a Smash 6 is a Super Smash Villains game. That excludes like every mainstay by definition.
I will say that people would be super disappointed if Sheik were gone. She's sort of like Falcon in that she's more of a Smash character than a Zeda one. Also, nobody plays like Sheik at all besides maybe Joker. Unless Sheik was replaced by another character with the same concept, it would be really strange to see her gone.

PacificFun

Smash Ace
I will say that people would be super disappointed if Sheik were gone. She's sort of like Falcon in that she's more of a Smash character than a Zeda one. Also, nobody plays like Sheik at all besides maybe Joker. Unless Sheik was replaced by another character with the same concept, it would be really strange to see her gone.
They should just make Sheik in Smash not Zelda anymore. Make it some other woman in the Zeldaverse and call it a day. Or just replace her with Impa (though, I vastly prefer Sheik's design). But yeah, Sheik is basically a Smash character at this point.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Galeem: "Who are you?"
Sephiroth: "I'm you, but better"
View attachment 295689

Since Sephiroth's final smash is pretty much guaranteed to be Super Nova, what parts do you think they're going to keep in? I personally hope they keep the math equations and the attack punching a hole through Jupiter.
Dissidia is probably a good baseline for a massively-abridged Supernova.

D

Deleted member

Unfortunately I think they'll stick to the Japanese version of the attack

1608068918444.png

So Sephiroth has the power to control Jupiter and its moons. That is pretty wild.

By the way, the moons in the background are Europa (left) and Callisto (right).

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Say, I need to ask a question. I was thinking about making a Support Thread, but I've never made one before, so I don't really know how to set it up. Could anybody who has made a Support Thread give me some advice?

SKX31

Smash Master
Off-topic, but why would Eggman blast half the moon?

Doesn't he live in Earth? The damage that it would cause to life on Earth if the moon was blown in half would be immense.
It's Eggman we're talking about.

He simply does not do "Longterm consequences" ever.

See: Every time he's tried to use something else as a weapon, only for it to backfire.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Tabuu is one of the most boring designs ever.

He's just a featureless human model. Which itself is already a cliche in fighting game bosses.
I always found it interesting why his theme was based on the Fighting Wire Frames' theme from Melee. Always wondered what his connection to them was.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Off-topic, but why would Eggman blast half the moon?

Doesn't he live in Earth? The damage that it would cause to life on Earth if the moon was blown in half would be immense.
"The only worse thing he could do is blow up the planet."
"I'm going to blow up the planet!"
"BUT YOU LIVE HERE!!!"

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
It's a superbly risky prediction to make. But I can't play it too safe. Master Hand is now on my list. :092:
Does anyone know if he has a Support Thread?

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
It's a superbly risky prediction to make. But I can't play it too safe. Master Hand is now on my list. :092:
Does anyone know if he has a Support Thread?
Here you go:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Would you guys say a Pokemon Sw/Sh rep is still on the table?
I doubt it. Spirit Events are generally treated as a deconfirmation because if Nintendo had planned to use them for a DLC pack, they wouldn't be part of a separate piece of content. SwSh got Spirited, so it's chances are low.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
One thing about Supernova worth noting is this

The Japanese version is obviously shorter and less of a visual spectacle, but one thing's not here.

Sephiroth-Smash.png

That magic circle behind Sephiroth's not in the Japanese version but was added in the NA release. My guess is that we'll have a drastically shortened NA version, so the meteor hitting the sun and the Supernova overflowing Sephy and the fighters, we can even see a yellow light which is likely the explosion, which also looks like it's about to explode when you slow the trailer down

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Y'know, I think Sakurai definitely made the right move giving newcomers cinematic trailers rather than putting that manpower towards cutscenes in a story mode...

But damn it, I want to desperately want to see a plot point in Subspace 2 where Sephiroth, Ganondorf, and Ridley simultaneously betray each other as this basically happens:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
On the topic of Master hand and Tabuu, I think that the best chance for that to happen will be as a bonus after the pass is done (assuming there's no pass 3). The fighter pass really focus on how Smash is a big crossover, so I think that having a Smash original character would be weird. Beside, challenger pack need to come with a stage and music and it would be a bit weird. The stage be something like "big final destination" or maybe "very small battlefield". The music, would they do more original composition or they will do more remixes of UItimate main theme? I think it wouldn't really work in the context of a challenger pack. I'd be down for it to happen after that, as one last fighter. I always like when fighting game makes their boss playable.

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
But damn it, I want to desperately want to see a plot point in Subspace 2 where Sephiroth, Ganondorf, and Ridley simultaneously betray each other as this basically happens:
So much yes. The three most egotistical villains watching all of they’re plans unfold simultaneously and all of which screw with eachother.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
On the topic of Master hand and Tabuu, I think that the best chance for that to happen will be as a bonus after the pass is done (assuming there's no pass 3). The fighter pass really focus on how Smash is a big crossover, so I think that having a Smash original character would be weird. Beside, challenger pack need to come with a stage and music and it would be a bit weird. The stage be something like "big final destination" or maybe "very small battlefield". The music, would they do more original composition or they will do more remixes of UItimate main theme? I think it wouldn't really work in the context of a challenger pack. I'd be down for it to happen after that, as one last fighter. I always like when fighting game makes their boss playable.
I'm thinking we're very likely to see a rework of WoL's Master Hand as either a freebie or standalone DLC after Fighters Pass 2 is finished. I personally have doubts regarding a pass 3, but if there is one, he'd instead be after that, I suppose. Either way, as a standalone thing, he doesn't need to bring a stage or music with him.
The lack of a proper way to replay Master Hand's game in WoL is... suspicious.
It feels like a no-brainer to just make it an unlockable Mob Smash mode.
If it really is more than an oversight, it makes sense they're holding it back; there's a poetic feeling to having this roster end with the very same individual that yanked Fighter #01 out of the box all those years ago.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom