• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
They've made it pretty clear when they plan on revealing a new fighter.

I wouldn't get hopes super high that they're just gonna spring CP9 on us while talking about Sephiroth.
The only time it's ever happen for any of Ultimate's DLC was a teaser of Terry's gameplay on Banjo's presentation.

And even then, Terry was revealed before that presentation, so it doesn't even count.

Last edited:

Kokiden

Smash Ace
Continuing on from the convo about how many tracks Sephiroth may come with, every DLC character (with the exception of piranha plant) came with quite a lot of tracks, right?

It would be a bad look if Sephiroth didn't come with a lot since he's paid DLC, and people could feel ripped off if he didn't come with a lot of music.

I know Cloud only came with 2, but that was in sm4sh, so I'm hoping with Ultimate, a new standard has been set and music will be handled better to reflect people are getting their money's worth by buying the season pass, or Sephiroth DLC individually.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Continuing on from the convo about how many tracks Sephiroth may come with, every DLC character (with the exception of piranha plant) came with quite a lot of tracks, right?

It would be a bad look if Sephiroth didn't come with a lot since he's paid DLC, and people could feel ripped off if he didn't come with a lot of music.

I know Cloud only came with 2, but that was in sm4sh, so I'm hoping with Ultimate, a new standard has been set and music will be handled better to reflect people are getting their money's worth by buying the season pass, or Sephiroth DLC individually.
Steve only Came with 7, which isn't alot in the Grand Scheme of things. Hero also only came up with 8

As long as we can get close to the double Digits at least, it should be fine

Kokiden

Smash Ace
Steve only Came with 7, which isn't alot in the Grand Scheme of things. Hero also only came up with 8

As long as we can get close to the double Digits at least, it should be fine
I think 7 is quite a lot tbh.

Heck I'd be happy with just 5 new songs from FF7 lol.

Shroob

Sup?

Hero's in a weird situation.

Sakurai makes reference to "Only having one or two songs" in regards to Yggdrasil's Altar, so 'maybe' it's not as far fetched as we think? Especially since each Hero brings two songs from their respective game.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
If Sephiroth really comes with only two music tracks for whatever dumb reason on Square’s part, those two SMRPG music tracks that were taken down on GilvaSunner’s channel last year - with the rest being ignored - are gonna be some funny coincidence.

edit: actually I believe it was BrawlBRSTMs, not GilvaSunner.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
If Sephiroth really comes with only two music tracks for whatever dumb reason on Square’s part, those two SMRPG music tracks that were taken down on GilvaSunner’s channel last year - with the rest being ignored - are gonna be some funny coincidence.
That's cause the PreMiium comes with not one but TWO songs. :4pacman:

Kidding, but if Geno is a Mii costume, it'd be a crime not to include Forest Maze.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Speaking of Takedowns

So was Legacy XP Takedown just for a Geno Mii costume? I Know Papagenos said he had evidence he couldn't share that was pointing to Either Geno or Waluigi (and that there were other characters that he didn't think were likely), and it was common Speculation that it was related to Legacy XP and that the Other characters were Shadow and Metal Sonic

Was Papagenos Wrong? Was the Takedown just because? Are we still getting a Character that was in that mod? Is Geno somehow gonna make a Comeback as Playable?

Shroob

Sup?
Speaking of Takedowns

So was Legacy XP Takedown just for a Geno Mii costume? I Know Papagenos said he had evidence he couldn't share that was pointing to Either Geno or Waluigi (and that there were other characters that he didn't think were likely), and it was common Speculation that it was related to Legacy XP and that the Other characters were Shadow and Metal Sonic

Was Papagenos Wrong? Was the Takedown just because? Are we still getting a Character that was in that mod? Is Geno somehow gonna make a Comeback as Playable?
With how Nintendo's been acting lately, and how they've apparently BEEN acting behind the scenes in regards to Project M, I'm not surprised that they'd kill it just because.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Legacy XP also have like, 8 characters that were also in Ultimate that weren't in Brawl? One of them being ****ing Ridley?

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
It's almost like some people were saying it was a coincidence this whole time.
To be fair, a few other things were taken down before showing up in Smash, but I did think it didn’t mean much since it was probably just their dumb bots or something. I was being genuine with my post when I said it was funny, I was hoping if Geno got in he would actually come with more than two songs since Square started to not seem as stingy as people said.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Even if Geno is a character, most of those things are gonna be coincidence.

Kokiden

Smash Ace
I'm out of the loop. What 2 tracks were taken down?

7NATOR

Smash Master
With how Nintendo's been acting lately, and how they've apparently BEEN acting behind the scenes in regards to Project M, I'm not surprised that they'd kill it just because.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Legacy XP also have like, 8 characters that were also in Ultimate that weren't in Brawl? One of them being ****ing Ridley?
Well it had all the Veterans up until Brawl, and Ridley was in the game, and this mod was at peak Popularity around the Time Smash was gonna be fully revealed in its true form in E3 2018. It still didn't get taken down

The Project M thing was because Nintendo saw Project M as a Threat I believe. that's why it was kind of Fishy that Legacy XP was taken down around 2 years later. Papagenos added to the Speculation by talking about some evidence he couldn't publicly shared that added up with the Legacy XP Takedown

If Geno is just a Mii Costume, than the Takedown could potentially be more interesting if it was for a character because 2 of them are Assist Trophies (Waluigi and Shadow) and the other is Metal Sonic, which would be weird with him getting in over Eggamn, Tails, Shadow & Knuckles. It also could have been taken down for Geno costume, or Miraculously if Geno is still playable. It's also possible they just wanted to make sure they didn't add in any other Potential characters to the mod. It was weird

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I'm out of the loop. What 2 tracks were taken down?
Sometime last year, Nintendo took down “Beware the Forest’s Mushrooms” and “Fight Against An Armed Boss” off of one of the music extension channels.

However, I just remembered it was BrawlBRSTMs, not GilvaSunner, and while they ignored the other SMRPG tracks and more during the time being, it was at the time that they were already on BrawlBRSTMs’s case with the person running that account trying to comply, with Nintendo ending up taking them down anyway. So it very likely meant nothing, and I hoped so myself because I wanted more than two songs with Geno, but it was a funny idea since we have gotten two songs per Square-Enix game so far, technically.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Well it had all the Veterans up until Brawl, and Ridley was in the game, and this mod was at peak Popularity around the Time Smash was gonna be fully revealed in its true form in E3 2018. It still didn't get taken down

The Project M thing was because Nintendo saw Project M as a Threat I believe. that's why it was kind of Fishy that Legacy XP was taken down around 2 years later. Papagenos added to the Speculation by talking about some evidence he couldn't publicly shared that added up with the Legacy XP Takedown

If Geno is just a Mii Costume, than the Takedown could potentially be more interesting if it was for a character because 2 of them are Assist Trophies (Waluigi and Shadow) and the other is Metal Sonic, which would be weird with him getting in over Eggamn, Tails, Shadow & Knuckles. It also could have been taken down for Geno costume, or Miraculously if Geno is still playable. It's also possible they just wanted to make sure they didn't add in any other Potential characters to the mod. It was weird
Or it could just be Nintendo going after a mod like we've seen them do.

Remember, they don't normally attack until they're made aware of something. If Legacy XP had a sudden surge of popularity, that's when they'd have noticed, just like they didn't seem to notice Slippi until an event that they had sponsored in the past started using it.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
I am aware of the Cave Story exsistance, but Braid made people pay attention to Indie games, and it won multiple awards, and had incredible sales sucsess, plus a new version of Braid is coming out next year.

I just think it's important not to overlook the impact Braid had on the industry as a whole and that it should always be in discussion when it comes to Indie reps in smash.
...I feel like I'm missing out on something.

What's Braid about? Who would be added and what can they do?

Oh yeah, and the music. Definitely give me some songs; That's an easy way to send me down the rabbit hole.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
I don't think you're going to engender much sympathy in having to wait to find out what happens to a specific character when literally dozens of fanbases do the same and often get less closure than you guys likely will.
Wars is my favorite Nintendo series and despite being a first-party series older than Fire Emblem with 12 games to its name it doesn’t get so much as a measly music track in Ultimate. I would kill for even something like the Mii costume Geno got in 4, and again, Wars characters are first-party! But it just ain’t gonna happen and I‘ve long since accepted that. It’s much better for your mental health to accept that long-shot characters probably aren’t gonna make it.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Or it could just be Nintendo going after a mod like we've seen them do.

Remember, they don't normally attack until they're made aware of something. If Legacy XP had a sudden surge of popularity, that's when they'd have noticed, just like they didn't seem to notice Slippi until an event that they had sponsored in the past started using it.
That's the Thing, Legacy XP did not have that big surge of Popularity like it did back in May of 2018. Legacy was much more of a threat back then Since I even saw People that thought it was the actual New Smash game, and Ridley was in the mod, when he would have been revealed just a Month later

That's the reason it was fishy. They take it down around 2 years later where it's not much of a threat anymore. Legacy XP also was not really a Tournament based Juggernaut like Project M was.

That's why there was speculation that one of the Characters in that Mod not in Ultimate Currently is Paid DLC, and Papagenos added to the Speculation with his words and such.

The thing I could also see is that they wanted to make Sure Legaxy XP did not add any more characters. though the other weird thing is that Project + Came months later and it wasn't taken down, and that mod was played by Lots of Popular Smash youtubers like Leffen and ZeR0, and it had Knuckles in it too. yes

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
:ultminmin :ultsephiroth:Riiiiiight....
Depends on your definition of longshot. Sephiroth was majorly overlooked, and only now are we giving non-protagonists a chance. But alas, it's too late; Much like Rex after Min Min and Jonesy after Steve, the pushing of Eggman and the like will most likely die down after CP9 goes in a completely different direction and repeats the cycle. Such is the way of SmashBoards Dot Com.

Joinallthreacs.smash

Smash Journeyman

Oh yeah, and the music. Definitely give me some songs; That's an easy way to send me down the rabbit hole.
Braid is about this guy who can manipulate the flow of time and is a 2d platformer, and its short, like an old school Mario game but you can control the flow of time and with a lot more puzzles. I imagine they could rewind their character back to a position that they were before, like a super spot dodge. and maybe you could also change synchronization of elements on stage by rewinding yourself. It's a messy concept.

Also here is the entire ost: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqOVpiXfq0o

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

Braid is this indie platformer where every world has different mechanics, most of them a form of rewinding time. There's absolutely no way they can make a fighter out of it but I think you'd like the game so I suggest you give it a try.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I think 7 is quite a lot tbh.

Heck I'd be happy with just 5 new songs from FF7 lol.
For a 1 stage series, I think the sweet spot is about 12 tracks, so I hope there's more than 7, but I won't be too broken up for less as long as the tracks are good.

Sure as heck beats 2.

Shroob

Sup?

Man

The first party side just gets more and more depressing to look at as this game goes on lol
I mean

Looks at the roster

Yeah there's a few characters missing, but like, the Nintendo side of the game is already very well represented. I'd love me a Dixie or BWD, but I'm more than happy to open the door for new franchises, or to better represent said franchises.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Depends on your definition of longshot. Sephiroth was majorly overlooked, and only now are we giving non-protagonists a chance. But alas, it's too late; Much like Rex after Min Min and Jonesy after Steve, the pushing of Eggman and the like will most likely die down after CP9 goes in a completely different direction and repeats the cycle. Such is the way of SmashBoards Dot Com.
Hey, I haven't given up on Rex!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom