• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
People assume that Smash will receive Fortnite content tonight, but it can totally be the opposite. Keep in mind that Kratos and Masterchief are now skin in Fortnite. Maybe we will see a Link or Samus Skin.
There was a Fortnite tweet regarding the Game Awards that mentioned a bounty hunter, so Samus sounds like a safe bet.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Bruh, people acting like Fortnite and Game Awards don't mix together forget that there's literally multiple freaking ads of it during the show and always a 5 minute acceptance speech of how great Fortnite is.

I doubt it's Fortnite, or even Crash; but don't be silly y'all.
I ain't no giving up on this dream. Crash will happen in this FP2

Wait, I have a question. Would Samus' cannon arm be an issue in Fortnite? I don't know how she'd swap weapons/do emotes, etc. if she can't pick stuff up or articulate.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
And what represents a bounty Hunter in the world of Fortnite?
If I remember correctly, the tweet in question said something along the lines of "A bounty hunter will join," which sounds like a famous bounty hunter will have a crossover. Given that we've gotten content from Sony and Microsoft, Samus would be pretty logical.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Jonesy is voiced by Troy Baker.

He's coming.
You know who else is voiced by Troy Baker?
1607639630773.jpeg

this oughta make Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo happy at least

also our second Bandai Namco rep and we’d get the Lloyd Mii with Yuri

yes. This is fine.

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
Heard some people were dissing my boy a while ago. Not cool, shame on you for failing to see his awesomeness :ultincineroar:

Here's hoping the Game Awards reveal is someone cool! Really hoping it's not Jonesy, sorry to any Jonesy fans but I don't care for Fortnite much.

TheShiningAbsol

Smash Journeyman
fortnite bad, give like pls

Seriously though, what is the deal? I've only ever played like two matches of Fortnite, so maybe I'm not the right person to have an opinion, but I don't get why the concept of Jonesy and co. in Smash is so bad. Fortnite is a bit of a phenomenon, it has an aesthetic that I think translates really well to Smash, they certainly have moveset potential... is it just "popular game bad", or everyone just wants to see their own characters in, or what?

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
I guess people compare Fortnite and Minecraft because they had the same type of audience (younger players) and are super popular among streamers, youtubers and weird stuff like that.
Is there really all that much overlap? I'm eighteen, am quite fond of Minecraft, and have a wee bit of disdain for Fortnite and Battle Royales in general.

Inue Houji

Purplish Wig
You know what? I'm only being negative at this point, I should stop posting. See you guys after the reveal!

Last edited:

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
How much work has Epic done with Nintendo in the past? And I don't mean Tencent, who owns Epic and Nintendo is working with directly, how are the direct relations between Epic and Nintendo? Because, unless I'm remembering correctly, Fortnite being on Switch would be their first major collaboration.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
How much work has Epic done with Nintendo in the past? And I don't mean Tencent, who owns Epic and Nintendo is working with directly, how are the direct relations between Epic and Nintendo? Because, unless I'm remembering correctly, Fortnite being on Switch would be their first major collaboration.
It is. Epic is mainly a PC developer.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
fortnite bad, give like pls

Seriously though, what is the deal? I've only ever played like two matches of Fortnite, so maybe I'm not the right person to have an opinion, but I don't get why the concept of Jonesy and co. in Smash is so bad. Fortnite is a bit of a phenomenon, it has an aesthetic that I think translates really well to Smash, they certainly have moveset potential... is it just "popular game bad", or everyone just wants to see their own characters in, or what?
I can only speak for myself but I just find the concept of a playable Fortnite character to be cringe. Personally I'm just not into the game at all. I don't have any grudge against the game or anything. I just want a lot of characters more than Jonesy. I would not mind if it gets a spirit event or a costume, but I just do not want it to take up a precious slot on the pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom