• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Reading those last few pages concerning Ray Man just makes me want to remind people that you can totally support a character while also looking at the facts stacked for and against them, and acknowledge the other side of the argument. Otherwise you get an echo chamber of reaffirming opinions that can cloud judgement.
Or... you can just factually think that it makes sense to consider. Which a lot of us were doing.

It works both ways.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
I'd imagine a lot of the people who would boycott over this... weren't exactly chomping at the bit to buy Paper Mario Sticker Star 3 or more Wii U ports in the first place. They were already not buying Nintendo games because said games did not interest them.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Yet another 4chan leak, only this time there's ZERO mention of Smash.
There was a problem fetching the tweet
I'll give the leaker (not the person with the leak in their post) credit for being a bit more realizable with their blatant wish list, though.
It's amazing how I can tell the leak is immediately fake just by the simple fact that it has a Wario Land game in it

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I'll give the leaker (not the person with the leak in their post) credit for being a bit more realizable with their blatant wish list, though.
no way would they have splatoon 3 on the same console as splatoon 2. i could see a spinoff a la octo expansion tho

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace
Reading those last few pages concerning Ray Man just makes me want to remind people that you can totally support a character while also looking at the facts stacked for and against them, and acknowledge the other side of the argument. Otherwise you get an echo chamber of reaffirming opinions that can cloud judgement.
I mean that's what we already were doing. I acknowledge that lack of japan presence and currently being dormant does hurt his chances for sure.

But I'm going to debate against false statements like his popularity for smash dwindling and such. (Not saying it's the only factor for getting in but saying it's dropped simply isn't true, that's all)

Shroob

Sup?
Golden Swamp

It's time... the crossover we always deserved

1606270857297.png
x
1606270875025.png

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
1606272004071.png

It's probably fake, but still, c'mon man.

TwiceEXE

Smash Ace
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe we are still missing Tournament Event number 4029. It was commonly speculated at the time that the even had to do with FP7, but it appears now that is not the case. It's very curious that we are nearly 3 months past when we would have expected the event to show up, but instead we have been receiving events further up the numbered scale.

What does it mean? I don't really know. I would like to think it is related to upcoming content but it could also be nothing.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I just realized; no regular weekend-lasting event was announced tonight.

I'm not getting my hopes for another reveal. buut...wasn't Steve revealed the last time this happened?
Actually the last time this happened we had the Mario Direct, which gave us news of the upcoming Mario tourney.

Steve's reveal week had the Lightweight tourney announced.

Spongeboob

Smash Ace
A hot dog stand at the end of time and space
Switch FC
SW-5063-7952-1131
I was going to post a game here, but not anymore because I dislike putting replies in the same message as games.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe we are still missing Tournament Event number 4029. It was commonly speculated at the time that the even had to do with FP7, but it appears now that is not the case. It's very curious that we are nearly 3 months past when we would have expected the event to show up, but instead we have been receiving events further up the numbered scale.

What does it mean? I don't really know. I would like to think it is related to upcoming content but it could also be nothing.
Maybe the event was just scrapped?

I'm not getting my hopes for another reveal. buut...wasn't Steve revealed the last time this happened?
SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Don't get their hopes up!

Troykv

Smash Master
Uh... I suddenly got bombarded with news about Smash, it reminds me to finally connect again in Smash Boards... These last days are quite something.

Hmm... I need to check the Nintendo offers to see if something is worth it.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Tfw POTD before the Tuesday update

yeh I’m feeling 8.1.0 bois

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Damn, I missed the Rayman discourse.

Just wanna drop a little nugget based on something someone said though.

"Rayman's best chances were in 2015"

Which would be a good thing, considering characters aren't decided a week before they get in. Lest we forget that Steve was in negotiations since that very year. It's a known fact that Ubisoft has been negotiating for Rayman in Smash, yes Rayman, not Ezio or something, for even longer than that.

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Why do 4chan leak have an obsession with Yoshi games with bad name? It's not even an yearly franchise, I don't get why there's ALWAYS a Yoshi game in those.

Troykv

Smash Master

Which would be a good thing, considering characters aren't decided a week before they get in. Lest we forget that Steve was in negotiations since that very year. It's a known fact that Ubisoft has been negotiating for Rayman in Smash, yes Rayman, not Ezio or something, for even longer than that.
That is the reason why Nintendo has access to Ubisoft assests after all... I wonder if something will actually came from this, but that day, it could be quite a day.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Remember when these blatantly false rumors threw in an F-Zero title?

kinda miss that trend ngl

and at least give me a huge ass tease by saying like Xenoblade X Definitive Edition or something, STEP UR GAME UP FAM

MrMcNuts

Smash Ace

Even if we don't get him in Ultimate, I feel like he'll end up in a smash game eventually along with some other top requests, we just gotta keep up the demand until then!

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)

Well, forget what I said

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
That is the reason why Nintendo has access to Ubisoft assests after all... I wonder if something will actually came from this, but that day, it could be quite a day.
Common consensus is that Ubisoft getting costumes killed Rayman's chances... if anything, that just means negotiations between them regarding Smash are still ongoing. They already had content in the base game anyway, yet got more content, ARMS already had content and got a fighter, Microsoft already had a fighter and got another fighter. Getting content from a company isn't a death sentence to everything else the company has, else the coveted Namco Rep™ would be long dead in the water, not to mention everyone's favorite puppet. Easy negotiations means an easier time for the character to get in.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Well, forget what I said
So there’s our missing tournament I guess??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom